Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rebuilding Worlds: A Sims 4 Building & Genetics Challenge (Thread Moved)

Comments

• Options
    SelaronoSelarono Posts: 103 Member
    @BrandyD83 Hes adorable! Whats going on with mom and dad there in the pic? lol
    @xoxJennxox Welcome!
    @OJenn Im having the same dilemma with my next house. Not sure if i want to keep everyone close or spread out to other sections. Might do the next house close then start spreading out.

Swing by and say "Hi" @PixelatedWoofums.Tumblr.Com
  • Options
    ALright, so I aged Keenan up a day early...couldnt take it anymore lol. He is a good looking kid. Picking an heir is going to be tough. I think once theyre all teens Im going to go with the ol' scientific dice roll....or ask my son or husband lol. I know I will lean towards Kairi

Made her make a cake at 1 am!
    [img][/img]2mevb45.jpg

She is right to look panicked!! He is like 19 feet tall!
    [img][/img]il9daq.jpg

Good looking boy! I am seeing a lot of mom and dad now that hes a teen. Then nose is a combination I think, Dads mouth and head shape, moms eye color and eye shape. He is Cheerful, goofy with the botanist aspiration, which is one of my favorite! I love collecting.

[img][/img]iyj6eo.jpg
  • Options
    OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
    Definitely see a lot more of his mother's features now that he is older @Selarono. From the nose up I'd say, then his skintone of course is more his dad's.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Family Tree
    Sayuri and Courtney tried one last time for another baby and were successful. I think Sayur is way more excited than he is.
    b1ed38ab17.jpg

She broke the news to the girls, but neither seemed to care much about it lol
    c469369946.jpg

Mei is super friendly and currently has about 5 friends
    609dfece50.jpg

I had the girls meet Pablo as a teen, he is still a cutie!
    2d3f2e4106.jpg

03aa53034d.jpg

This picture makes me giggle, poor Sayuri had the in labor buff and Savannah and Courtney were all carefree
    ea42c9215c.jpg

b737440b4d.jpg

They finally welcomed a little boy and named him Cooper
    711be8dc77.jpg

I think I have decided who will be my heir, plus with her traits it will give me an excuse to play the Scientist or Astronaut careers
    9bcdc51a6f.jpg

I might end up throwing in a teenage Vincent and see which sister he bonds with naturally. Could be fun and I am moving the girls out together soon to live next door in an apartment I am building but they will still be teens.
  • Options
    SimmindipitySimmindipity Posts: 674 Member
    @OJenn ,I noticed that too. Koi definitely seems to be a perfect mix of the parents as of now. (Cooper is so adorable, aww)
    @xojennxo ,Lol old grumpy women unite :) thanks for understanding. It's been a very trying week thus far. (Can't wait to see their baby!)
    @Selarono ,Lol they were laughing and joking when he aged up. (Keenan is a perfect blend of both parents)
  • Options
    tumblr_nus2z3g7W31stztwzo5_1280.png
    tumblr_nus2z3g7W31stztwzo2_1280.png
    tumblr_nus2z3g7W31stztwzo3_1280.png
    tumblr_nus2z3g7W31stztwzo4_1280.png
    tumblr_nus2z3g7W31stztwzo1_1280.png

J and his noncommittal trait wants to quit his job. He has been coming home everyday "TENSED" Sihi goes up and beyond to try to calm him and it works everytime. :) J and Koi have such a wonderful father and son relationship.
  • Options
    tipsycowplanttipsycowplant Posts: 1,757 Member
    Nikolas (Rambunctious Scamp) aged up to teen and he's teeny tiny. Ugh. I'm getting really tired of the lack of muscle slider for children, because if one parent is super muscular, the kid comes out fat. And when Scamps play on the monkey bars all their childhood, they end up super skinny without any muscle whatsoever. For kids, that's fine -- I don't wanna see super buff kids running around -- but once they become teens it should balance out. There should be some sort of recessive gene once they reach the teen age that takes parents' muscle mass/amount of exercise during childhood into consideration. Does anyone know of a mod that influences this? Maybe I'll just take it into my own hands and up/lower their muscle sliders once they age into teen based on how much they exercised as a kid.
  • Options
    TellexTellex Posts: 583 Member
    @xoxJennxox welcome! Your sims look amazing, I can;t wait to see what their babies are going to look like! :)

@Heckstress17 thanks for the DL link, i'm now going on a DL frenzie lol

@OJenn your sims remind me so much of the Goths lol :) good to see you are back on track :D hopefully your game behaves itself now. -.-!!

@BrandyD83 Koi is such a cutie!

@jordannichole101 I agree with the children aging up glitch.. it only seems to happen to my sims daughters though. The sons will be normal sized kids but the daughters always have their fat bar almost full! it's about 3/4 up each time they grow.

Going to do another update tonight :) I've had a lot of birthdays in my household!
    35i5blu.png
    My Simblr
    Current family tree

Origin ID: tellekinz
  • Options
    CharmingMaruskaCharmingMaruska Posts: 1,051 Member
    Tellex wrote: »

@jordannichole101 I agree with the children aging up glitch.. it only seems to happen to my sims daughters though. The sons will be normal sized kids but the daughters always have their fat bar almost full! it's about 3/4 up each time they grow.

I have the same glitch! I didn't realized it because my daugters were adopted, so I though it was their genetics, but now that you mentioned it I think it much be the glitch, because they were not fat as children.
  • Options
    tumblr_nusnnbkfUa1stztwzo1_540.png
    tumblr_nusnnbkfUa1stztwzo2_540.png
    Baby #2 is on the way :)
    @Tellex , thank you.
  • Options
    Tellex wrote: »

I guess I just can't find a happy balance with weight. Females seem to be overweight (unless they're toothpick thin from the Scamp aspiration), and males are often underweight/have no muscles at all. Maybe it's intentional? Perhaps it's supposed to make teenagers less "ideally proportioned" -- like they're in some awkward growing phase? It's sort of realistic that teenage girls put on weight through puberty and teenage boys have to build up muscle, but my Sims are coming out on the extreme ends of the spectrum, lol. I don't think it's intentional on EA's part (because that would be extremely 'stereotypical' and not genetically accurate in some cases -- mine, for one -- my family build is tall and thin), but that's how I'm justifying the glitch for myself. I don't like changing genetics in CAS...it seems like cheating, especially in this kind of a challenge. I guess I'll have Nik start working out (maybe yoga!).

I played the Gilchrists today. Here's the full post: https://rebuildwillowcreekrotation.wordpress.com/2015/09/17/rotation-7-gilchrist/

Highlights:

09-16-15_1-14c2a0pm-3.png
    He's so adorable!

09-16-15_1-08c2a0pm-21.png
    "Family bonding" with an insane criminal dad.

09-16-15_1-20c2a0pm.png
    They have their sweet moments.

09-16-15_1-21c2a0pm-3.png
    "Dad's so cool! I wanna be just like him when I grow up!"
    "Watcher, help me..."

09-16-15_2-08c2a0pm.png
    Nik made friends with pretty much the entire town. He's a natural social butterfly, without the title. ;)

09-16-15_4-06c2a0pm.png
    Birthday time! Winona and Rain provided the entertainment.

nikolas-t-base-copy.png
    He aged up well! Lee and Winona’s face shape/jawline are similar, but I think Nik’s is closer to Winona’s. He has Winona's nose (maaaybe a mixture) and mouth; he has Leland’s eyes and cheekbones. Though his childhood aspirations won’t help him out, he fittingly rolled the Friend of the World aspiration and the Good trait.

09-16-15_7-16c2a0pm.png
    Did I forget to mention, Winona's been pregnant this whole time? "Look, Dale, I've got bigger things to deal with right now. Just put the llama in my office; I'll deal with him tomorrow."

09-16-15_7-20c2a0pm.png
    We welcomed a baby girl into the family: Mya Gilchrist, Squeamish Rambunctious Scamp.

mya-ch-base.png
    She’s on the chunky side (no idea who she inherited that from), but that’ll even out quickly with her Scamp aspiration. From her mother, she got her hair color, eye shape, and mouth shape. From her father, everything else — face shape/jawline (comparable to Nik’s child face shape/jawline), skin color, eye color, and nose. I think she’ll be a beauty when she ages up!
  • Options
    OMG, everyons families are growing up!!!! You guys are so much better than me with the following of traits and working on skills an aspirations....I just make mine do what i want!! Everyones skills are leveling up nicely. Kelii and Courtney are near the top of their careers and 2/3 kids got 2 of their aspirations done before they aged up to teen. Keenan has one of his teen ones done. I have decided to go with Kase as my heir. I like his aspiration and although Kairi is adorable, I wanted to get the male heir here while I knew I had a cutie! I think he turned out adorable!

Keenan is the big brother everyone wants to have. He helps with homework and when hes not doing his gardening, he is playing with his brother and sister.
    [img][/img]2e16kj4.jpg

Now that Kairi has aged up, I see a lot of her mom in her. She still has some features of Dad, but I think she is leaning more mom now. MOuth nose and cheekbones seem to be mom to me. The rest of her is anyones guess. Her eyes and head shape dont look like either to me.
    [img][/img]14wd1g0.jpg

My HEIR!! Kase!! He is such a cutie with that button nose...no idea where he got it! He definitely turned into his own being when he aged up.There is a stronger resemblance to dad and of course hair, skin and eye color have leaned to dad. The particulars though I think are a mix or his own. He got Collector for his aspiration and his new trait is perfectionist. I love collecting, so this will be fun!
    [img][/img]2jdhpgx.jpg

• Options
    TellexTellex Posts: 583 Member
    Nice pics @jordannichole101 :) Mya is actually really cute!

Here are some updates from the Jones family :)

It appears as though Romeo & Krista learnt the fun of woohoo.. so much to the point that they can't keep their little paws off eachother. Krista would often stay the night and the night would always end this way LOL. Dang ole kids.
    1dd74212a2.jpg

Aponi also leveled up to an Astronaut! she's now level 7 at her job.

615544082c.jpg

Jay also got promoted a couple of times and is now an All-Star (level 8) He also visited the gym in order to get his fitness level up. He made a few friend sin the process and got trained by two personal trainers :)

60e668cdf1.jpg

I've had a lot of birthdays in my household.. the first to age up was Markos. He gained the good trait and The Curator aspiration in the process. I'd say he looks a lot more like his dad than his mother. I'm hoping to get him into the scientest career when he grows into an adult.

a898974718.jpg

And remember this pic from one of my first posts of Romeo and his two little friends? :) I decided to recreate it as they are all teens now. It's a shame they sat in different seats but it's obvious who is who lol

*+Flashback+*
    553801e376.jpg
    7cf81538be.jpg

The next to blow out the birthday candles was little Japoni :)

dc61dc0868.jpg

I'm actually quite pleased how she turned out! She looks like her mother but with her fathers colouring! Which is very interesting :) She rolled the Music lover trait and Fabulously Wealthy aspiration (just like her dad, naww!)

b922a881d1.jpg

I'm yet to find her a partner but she did have this kid as a childhood friend. So i'm thinking of setting them up. They should have interesting kids as they are almost complete opposites.

e3d0051612.jpg

Romeo was next to have his birthday. He is finally a young adult! He rolled the Bro trait (lol suits him) and got a job in the criminal career. He skipped right to level 3 of his career too, making him a ring leader :)

He invited Krista out on another date which achieved golden statues. He decided to take her to the park where they both shared their first kiss and initially where they fell in love. As the date came to an end he got down on one knee and popped the question!
    52a3fe5129.jpg

To which she said.. yes!
    a51c6d0751.jpg

9d9ca083a0.jpg

Krista is still a teen.. so I might wait for her to age up before they officially tie the knot and have kids.

Last but not least... Jay also celebrated his birthday and became an elder :)
    7c68f0c527.jpg

Not too sure about Aponis face here.. LOL!

e0e74a3ddd.jpg
    35i5blu.png
    My Simblr
    Current family tree

Origin ID: tellekinz
  • Options
    Heckstress17Heckstress17 Posts: 2,306 Member
    edited September 2015
    @yunaesca - Nice houses!

@xoxJennxox- Your couple is adorable. I understand about not getting into making sims. It's definitely a change without the sliders. It took me awhile to get use to it. Zoey's so cute and I love that house! Hopefully you still have it saved somewhere.

@Selarono - Out of all the kids I like Kairi the most. I'm starting to wonder if I'm biased toward sim girls lol

@BrandyD83 - I just love your pictures so much. Koi is such a cutie. The pictures of the family on wall are adorable! How'd you do that? Can't wait to see baby number 2. Love J's undies btw ;)

@OJenn - The girls are so cool and hip lol And Pablo is an adorable teen. Where's his hair from? Welcome baby Cooper and your cute little outfit! I like the idea of putting Pablo and Vincent in and seeing who gets along best. So who's your heir??

@JordanNicoleJJ - I have the kids weight issue to. If one of the parents are muscular (mine always are lol) then it's 50/50 they're gonna age up fat. It's pretty ridiculous considering this issue has been around since the games launch. Little Mya's cute. I think she's gonna look like her Dad.

@Tellex - omg I love love love the throwback pic of the boys playing cards <3 Romeo is so suave lol Japoni is really pretty. I think her and Romeo are tied for my favs.

Fingers crossed I'll have time to post my update today! :)
    Origin ID:Heckstress17
  • Options
    @Heckstress17 I am leaning towards Savannah, I just hope her little sister doesn't steal the limelight and both boys hearts. She is very charismatic.
  • Options
    yunanescayunanesca Posts: 303 Member
    @Heckstress17 Thank you Very Much, I finally got all of Wilowscreek bulldozed, Now just got ready the sims House then the sims.
    ~Sincerely,Yuna~
    ~Sincerely,Yunanesca~
    My show case.
    jjqfre10.png
    click the button for my Sims 4 Creator Studio
    http://yunanesca.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    @yunaesca - Nice houses!

@BrandyD83 - I just love your pictures so much. Koi is such a cutie. The pictures of the family on wall are adorable! How'd you do that? Can't wait to see baby number 2. Love J's undies btw ;)

Fingers crossed I'll have time to post my update today! :)

Thanks :smiley: I used the camera to take photos and once placed in the inventory I put them on the wall.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Finally an update from me.
    Family Tree

Lily is all moved out and living with her new "roommate" Vincent. Despite having next to nothing in common, they're really hitting it off.
    09-15-15_1-38nbspPM%202_zpscavotos5.jpg

Not even a day away from her baby and Mama Sage is already calling and checking up on her. She doesn't mind though.
    09-15-15_1-47nbspPM%202_zpsxrqrkjfn.jpg

Lily's childhood violin skill has paid off. She's gotten a job in the music industry... showbiz? I'm such a sims 3 player I can only remember the names of the careers and aspirations from it lol sorry! I think you guys get the point.
    09-14-15_1-35nbspPM%202_zpspsbzxnbr.jpg
    09-17-15_5-19nbspPM-2%202_zpsrukgnpxi.jpg

Vincent has taken the culinary career path. Because frankly, I need a good chef in the house, and there's no sleazeball career to go with his woohoo aholic aspiration.
    09-17-15_5-21nbspPM%202_zpsretgdycz.jpg

I built their house and tried to stay away from the modern style because I use it all the time. But I honestly can't take it. I'm gonna have to build them a new modern house. It's driving me crazy having them living in this traditional house. I'm weird, I know. So I'm probably gonna be taking a day or 2 to build and then I'll work on their relationship. Or maybe the other way around, haven't decided yet. Happy Simming guys!

@BrandyD83 - Take a pic how? Just by hitting C? I feel stupid, I don't get it.
  • Options
    (cut)

@BrandyD83 - Take a pic how? Just by hitting C? I feel stupid, I don't get it.

I think she means using the camera/photography skill from Get to Work. C only takes screenshots; you have to specifically use the phone to "Take Picture (Of/With)" or buy a camera and use it to take pics. But you have to have GTW :)
  • Options
    xoxJennxoxxoxJennxox Posts: 406 Member
    Sorry, I have been under the weather and my game is being all crashy right now. I must have missed a mod that needed to be updated for that last patch.

@Tellex Thanks! I finally have all the kids they are going to have born. I just need to get them aged up and shown off.

I am also finding that my females are aging up large for no apparent reason, but they do seem a little bit off when they age up to child. I can just know they will all grow up big and I just spend their first day on the treadmill.

@Heckstress17 Thanks! I do get into moods where I will build/make a sim, but it's not very often. I am mostly a Sims 3 player still and I play 2 and 4 when the mood strikes. I really love Zoey too. I also did find that house again, but for some reason people kept walking in and living there. I had to delete the house and then move them to a new lot (they were on a waterfront commercial lot pre-cleaned out WC).

Great updates and age ups, everyone. I love seeing the families!

TS4%202015-09-15%2015-16-47-80_zpsxewnvclr.jpgTS4%202015-09-15%2015-17-44-19_zpsxqxr04s5.jpg
    (Parental recap)

TS4%202015-09-16%2010-20-11-79_zpsfjsdqbfk.jpg

Zoey got an unwanted little sister. Her name is Nicola. She really takes after Adam. I believe her nose and head shape resemble Hannah, but the rest seem to be all daddy.

TS4%202015-09-16%2010-33-31-22_zpsszds49v9.jpg

Adam: What do you mean by, "Honey, I'm pregnant again?"
    Hannah: It's pretty self-explanatory.

TS4%202015-09-16%2010-56-42-43_zpslnqlbwxm.jpg

The goal was for only one boy, but I guess they can have both of them.

TS4%202015-09-16%2010-56-06-99_zpsx2anlfqy.jpg

Adam sure changed his tune when he finds out about the twins.

TS4%202015-09-16%2011-37-19-37_zpss0yjfch9.jpg

I have no words for poor Zoey.

zoey%20teen_zpskqw9e3c6.jpg

I stuck her on the treadmill and went with Adam to work. Here is her CAS shot after a hair and weight loss session. She seems to be missing a chin, but she looks even more like Hannah now. She rolled the Freelance Botanist aspiration, so I guess that is what she will be doing in her free time.

I wonder if the weight issue is because the mothers get so large during pregnancy and the game assumes they are just large in general when generating the child codes. I am pretty sure Nicola will age up big too.

Chapter 2
    Origin ID xoxJennxox
    Jenn's Junkyard - Current Stuff
    Tart ISBI -Completed 12/12/2016
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    @xoxJennxox - Maybe the "baby weight" has something to do with the kids issue. I just hope they patch a fix for it :/ Nicola the unwanted little sister lol you're right, she looks a lot like her Dad. Zoey looks just like her Mom, her chin's the only difference I see. It seems like twins only come when you don't want them, not when they'd be a welcome surprise. Can't wait to see them. Maybe they'll be identical. I haven't seen any identical twins in ts4.

@JordanNicoleJJ and @BrandyD83 - I don't have any EP's that would explain why I can't have my families take pics. :(

My baby is sick with his first cold, and my daughter's also home sick from school, so I won't be playing today. I'll be checking back in for updates from everyone though!
  • Options
    @xoxJennxox - Maybe the "baby weight" has something to do with the kids issue. I just hope they patch a fix for it :/ Nicola the unwanted little sister lol you're right, she looks a lot like her Dad. Zoey looks just like her Mom, her chin's the only difference I see. It seems like twins only come when you don't want them, not when they'd be a welcome surprise. Can't wait to see them. Maybe they'll be identical. I haven't seen any identical twins in ts4.

@JordanNicoleJJ and @BrandyD83 - I don't have any EP's that would explain why I can't have my families take pics. :(

My baby is sick with his first cold, and my daughter's also home sick from school, so I won't be playing today. I'll be checking back in for updates from everyone though!

@xoxJennxox and @Heckstress17 Mom's weight definitely influences the kids' body shape -- after a few pregnancies the mom gets "mom hips" and any female daughters born after that have serious "mom hips." It bothers me genetically because irl, genetics don't work that way. There's generally a 'family' body shape and that's what passes down, not the mom's body shape influenced by pregnancy. But whatever -- it's The Sims. It's probably difficult to implement recessive/family genes; it's easy to just take the mom or dad's current shape and stick it on the kid. :/
  • Options
    Ran a lot of errands today and my fiance got me Outdoor Retreat today so I sent the family on vacation to test it out.

mw70pk.png
  • Options
    @Heckstress17 , my apologies I should have been a bit more in depth with my response. Yes, it's the camera that comes with GTW so yes that would be why you couldn't do it. :/ In ref to your post, Lily looks gorgeous and Vincent is handsome. I love how when they move out the parents drop by to visit or call like crazy. :)
    @xoxJennxox ,Sorry to hear you weren't feeling too well and that your game is being all wonky. Zoey aged up beautifully and congrats on the twin boys.
    @OJenn , how do you like outdoor retreat? Isn't it beautiful. I would really love it if our sims could swim in the beautiful waters surrounding Granite Falls.

Happy Simming/Have a great weekend! <3

UPDATE:

tumblr_nuweyeLyFF1stztwzo4_1280.png
    tumblr_nuweyeLyFF1stztwzo5_1280.png
    tumblr_nuweyeLyFF1stztwzo2_1280.png
    tumblr_nuweyeLyFF1stztwzo8_1280.png
    tumblr_nuweyeLyFF1stztwzo3_1280.png

It's a girl, Anaba. (Likely to be the last child)
  • Options
    @OJenn - Let me know what you think of outdoor retreat, that's the EP that interest me most.

@BrandyD83 - Great pics! I'm sure Anaba will be beautiful just like her Mama.

I'm halfway through rebuilding my new house. I'll probably play with Lily and Vincent tomorrow. :)