The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Starter Homes Thread

Comments

• Options
    HaitakaHaitaka Posts: 289 Member
    I'm not so good at building houses in Sims... but I tried to do this ^^'
    The house cost exactly 18 000 simoleon, it's for 1 Sim.
    You can find it in the Gallery, search for my Origin-ID Haitakaz :smile:

2n9ys9j.jpg
    2e1afy0.jpg
    2v2jpls.jpg
    o09rpy.jpg
    2cyfdwg.jpg
    20it91v.jpg
    4sej2b.jpg
    2qcf6ut.jpg
    10qkumq.jpg
    amp2zr.jpg
    2jceaep.jpg
    tumblr_inline_nwa6au39531rd9om8_500.gif

Alone in the darkness, it's so cold and crazy
    And everybody’s heartless,
    got no one to save me
    But f it imma be all right, wake up and rise
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,712 Member
    Your starter home is very nice! @feliciaox :) The exterior design of the home is very nice, and it looks very nice how you have done the windows in the build, creating a nice light filled home for sims to enjoy looking at the views outdoors when inside. The bamboo trees are nice touches either sides of the front door. The corner nook with the flowers and plants there looks very nice! It looks nice how you have used the terrain paint to do the front pathway. Very nice interior of the home! The white spots wall pattern looks very nice. Nice windows dining area for sims to enjoy the sunshine coming in onto them whilst they are eating their meals. It is nice that you have a corner windows art nook for sims to enjoy painting on the easel and at the same time enjoy looking outdoors to see what is happening outside. Sims will enjoy sitting resting on the sofas watching TV, reading a book and chatting. It looks nice how you have angled the TV table. Very nice bathroom! The wall tiling there looks very nice. The hanging robe is a nice home touch on the wall and plants are nice touches of nature on the counter. The placement of the lights on the wall looks nice. Nice study desk nook in the bedroom for sims to enjoy sitting at the table using the computer. The full length mirror is a nice touch in the corner of the room.
    It is a very nice starter :)
  • Options
    Freckles1971Freckles1971 Posts: 510 Member
    Love all the houses in this thread so far. B) I have a question. When you post a house on the forums does it have to be furnished fully or part or not at all? Thanks. :)
  • Options
    Love all the houses in this thread so far. B) I have a question. When you post a house on the forums does it have to be furnished fully or part or not at all? Thanks. :)

Hello @Freckles1971 :) Your home can be unfurnished, or lightly furnished or fully furnished. It is nice seeing all types of homes! I hope that you will enjoy posting your home :)
  • Options
    Freckles1971Freckles1971 Posts: 510 Member
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello @Freckles1971 :) Your home can be unfurnished, or lightly furnished or fully furnished. It is nice seeing all types of homes! I hope that you will enjoy posting your home :)

Thank you for the reply Rosenow. I have a few houses and an apartment block I would like to post some pictures of those on here and upload them to the gallery if anyone wants them.

Thanks again. B)

• Options
    Your starter home is very nice! @feliciaox :) The exterior design of the home is very nice, and it looks very nice how you have done the windows in the build, creating a nice light filled home for sims to enjoy looking at the views outdoors when inside. The bamboo trees are nice touches either sides of the front door. The corner nook with the flowers and plants there looks very nice! It looks nice how you have used the terrain paint to do the front pathway. Very nice interior of the home! The white spots wall pattern looks very nice. Nice windows dining area for sims to enjoy the sunshine coming in onto them whilst they are eating their meals. It is nice that you have a corner windows art nook for sims to enjoy painting on the easel and at the same time enjoy looking outdoors to see what is happening outside. Sims will enjoy sitting resting on the sofas watching TV, reading a book and chatting. It looks nice how you have angled the TV table. Very nice bathroom! The wall tiling there looks very nice. The hanging robe is a nice home touch on the wall and plants are nice touches of nature on the counter. The placement of the lights on the wall looks nice. Nice study desk nook in the bedroom for sims to enjoy sitting at the table using the computer. The full length mirror is a nice touch in the corner of the room.
    It is a very nice starter :)

Wow, thank you very much! :open_mouth:
    You described so much from room to room, and I appreciate it. I don't what to say, but I'm glad that you liked it :love::smiley:

got no one to save me
  • Options
    Moonlight.SonataMoonlight.Sonata Posts: 125 Member
    edited July 2015
    Hello everybody,

I have seen some of the creations here, and they are beautiful. I was a bit uncertain if my creations would be up to par, but I really love them, so I will share them. They are part of a Quaint Series I a was making, of small yellow homes with blue windows and red doors.

I would love to post pictures, but since I am new to the forum I can't do that. All of them can be found in my origin ID LUNAROKZ.

One is called Quaint Single Home. It is a one bedroom, one bathroom, on a 20 x 15 lot. The value is 18,456. This are the hashtags it has: #Quaint #Single #Small #Humble #RedDoor #BlueWindows #WhitePickedFence #WhiteFence #Garden #Lemon #Starter #Cheap #Chimney.

The other is called Quaint Couple House. It is also a one bedroom, one bathroom, on a 20 x 15 lot. The value is 20,483. This are the hastags it has: #Quaint #Couple #Small #Humble #RedDoor #BlueWindows #RetainingWall #Garden #Apple #AppleTree #Starter #Cheap #Classic #BlackandWhite #Modern #Columns #Yellow

I am still working on the last of the starter of the Quaint Series, which is will be call Quaint Family House. Hopefully by then I will be able to post pictures :)
    Creation and Inspiration.
    rsz_1simstories.jpg
    Origin ID: Lunarokz | tumblr: http://lunarokz.tumblr.com/ | Wordpress: https://lunarokz.wordpress.com/
    Blogger: http://lunarokz.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    Hello everybody,

I have seen some of the creations here, and they are beautiful. I was a bit uncertain if my creations would be up to par, but I really love them, so I will share them. They are part of a Quaint Series I a was making, of small yellow homes with blue windows and red doors.

I would love to post pictures, but since I am new to the forum I can't do that. All of them can be found in my origin ID LUNAROKZ.

One is called Quaint Single Home. It is a one bedroom, one bathroom, on a 20 x 15 lot. The value is 18,456. This are the hashtags it has: #Quaint #Single #Small #Humble #RedDoor #BlueWindows #WhitePickedFence #WhiteFence #Garden #Lemon #Starter #Cheap #Chimney.

The other is called Quaint Couple House. It is also a one bedroom, one bathroom, on a 20 x 15 lot. The value is 20,483. This are the hastags it has: #Quaint #Couple #Small #Humble #RedDoor #BlueWindows #RetainingWall #Garden #Apple #AppleTree #Starter #Cheap #Classic #BlackandWhite #Modern #Columns #Yellow

I am still working on the last of the starter of the Quaint Series, which is will be call Quaint Family House. Hopefully by then I will be able to post pictures :)

Hello @Moonlight.Sonata :) Here are pictures of your homes .

http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/8DA83C13E8A511E48F9B654EFC5E11D7?

00.jpg

http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/8A6CF91CE9E911E48844780525D3AA9B?

00.jpg

• Options
    Both of your starter homes are very nice! @Moonlight.Sonata :) Very nice exteriors of each of them! The flowers on the edges of the curved front porch in your Quaint Couple home is very pretty ! The roof covered front porchway looks nice! Nice seat bench sitting area for sims to enjoy sitting resting in the sunshine. The open shutter windows in the Quaint single home give a very nice look to the home. Nice gardening nook area for sims to enjoy growing and harvesting plants in the gardening boxes.
    The homes are very nice! :)

Welcome to the forums :)
    You are invited to visit this thread and introduce yourself.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/817478/hello-come-and-introduce-yourself
  • Options
    MarjiaMarjia Posts: 364 Member

deco.jpg

I won't say it's actually Art Deco; it's lacking a lot of the very fine sculptural detail that goes into Art Deco, and the vertical surfaces are, I think, a little flatter than they should be. But it's a start, anyway![/quote]

[/quote]

I really like this, i haven't seen much art deco, sounds like a challenge. (wink)
  • Options
    XinqunXinqun Posts: 612 Member
    Another starter, because I like starters: French Formal

A real French formal garden (think Versailles) would be somewhat bigger, and located behind the chateau rather than in front. I think a square of three or four parterres should be sufficient to convey the idea, though.

FF.jpg
  • Options
    pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    Xinqun wrote: »
    Another starter, because I like starters: French Formal

A real French formal garden (think Versailles) would be somewhat bigger, and located behind the chateau rather than in front. I think a square of three or four parterres should be sufficient to convey the idea, though.

FF.jpg

This is really great. I like it!
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    French Formal is an elegant starter! @Xinqun :) The design of the exterior of the building is very nice! It looks very nice how you have used the spandrels, columns and roof trimming! The placement of the flowers between the stately tall trees very nice! The yellow flowers look pretty either sides of the chess table. Sims will enjoy playing chess in this very nice setting! It is nice that you have placed gardening boxes there for sims to enjoy growing and harvesting plants in. The way you have done the grass looks nice. The two flights of steps to go to the front porch looks nice. The birdbath adds a nice look in the build.
    It is very nice starter! :)
  • Options
    - My new Modern Starter Home 2 -
    But now you can have at least two Sims :lol:

egq1bt.jpg
    25tkgv6.jpg
    20por2w.jpg
    x1zm9c.jpg
    2lvi5v5.jpg
    9ux4j7.jpg
    141qn95.jpg
    28swn84.jpg
    24g7o6v.jpg
    24y8z04.jpg

got no one to save me
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited August 2015
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Modern Starter 2 is very nice! @Feliciaox :) Very nice design of the home! The water fountain features look very nice in the front of the home! It looks nice how you have used the large windows, for the sims to enjoy looking out at the outdoors views whilst inside. Very nice oudoors sitting area for sims to enjoy the nice setting of the flowers there whilst sitting on the seats in the sunshine. Sims will have fun playing chess outdoors in the air on the front porch. Very nice layout of the interior of the home! The window study alcove is very nice. Sims will enjoy sitting there using the computer or reading a book with sunshine coming in onto them. The wall tiling in the bathroom is nice, and the robe is a nice home touch on the wall. The candles on the sink counter are very pretty! Nice art studio and living room area for sims to enjoy painting on the easel. They will enjoy watching TV there too.
    The home is very nice. :)
  • Options
    Modern Starter 2 is very nice! @Feliciaox :) Very nice design of the home! The water fountain features look very nice in the front of the home! It looks nice how you have used the large windows, for the sims to enjoy looking out at the outdoors views whilst inside. Very nice oudoors sitting area for sims to enjoy the nice setting of the flowers there whilst sitting on the seats in the sunshine. Sims will have fun playing chess outdoors in the air on the front porch. Very nice layout of the interior of the home! The window study alcove is very nice. Sims will enjoy sitting there using the computer or reading a book with sunshine coming in onto them. The wall tiling in the bathroom is nice, and the robe is a nice home touch on the wall. The candles on the sink counter are very pretty! Nice art studio and living room area for sims to enjoy painting on the easel. They will enjoy watching TV there too.
    The home is very nice. :)

Thank you so much for all the words! :open_mouth::smiley::heart:

got no one to save me
  • Options
    Yet another starter. Gallery link: Solid Citizen

citizen.jpg
  • Options
    Solid Citizen is a very nice starter! @Xinqun :) The brick texture of the lower level of the home looks nice. The bay windows look very nice! Very nice upper balcony! It looks nice how you have placed a seat bench between the tall trees. Sims will enjoy resting there enjoying the sunshine. Very nice layout of the interior of the home! It looks nice how you have placed sofas in the window alcove. Sims will enjoy the sunlight coming in onto them whilst sitting there. The teddy is cute in the kids room!
    The home is very nice :)
  • Options
    Thanks, @rosemow . I spent more time than I should have, arranging the living/dining room furniture -- the space was there, but somehow not really coming together. And I'm glad you like the teddy bear! I normally just stick a couple of beds in the second bedroom and leave it at that, but I figured that maybe a little more "life" there was in order.
  • Options
    I made an Arts & Crafts-inspired starter (Craftsman's Corner) a while back that seemed to be pretty popular, so here's another one in the same style.

Gallery link: Artsencraft Bungalow

ACB.jpg
  • Options
    Artsencraft Bungalow is very nice! @Xinqun :) The design of home looks very nice. Very nice front porch! It looks nice how you have done the porch fencing. Sims will enjoy painting on the easel on the porch, enjoying being outdoors in the air. It is nice that you have a seat bench sitting area there as well. The tall rectangular windows look nice placed on each side of the front exterior wall. Very nice layout of the interior of the home. Sims will enjoy eating at the dining table wuth the sunshine coming in onto them through the side windows. It is great that you have a woodworking table in the build for sims to do woodcrafting on. They will enjoy growing plants in the gardening box.
    It is nice starter home for a family :)
  • Options
    Thanks, @rosemow . I appreciate the extra effort you always make to provide much-needed feedback.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited August 2015
    Container Budget Starter (under 10k)

Outside
    0cdbaf3d64.png

More pics here.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file