Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vane's Shiny New Showcase *Polishes* - [New: Mini English Garden Tudor]

2...Next

Comments

• EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited July 2015
    MawMaw wrote: »
    I absolutely love the mini devon cottage, I live in Devon (not it a pretty little cottage unfortunately) so I definitely have to add this one to my game when I get home :D

Lived in Devon all my life. Born in Devon, grew up in Exmouth, and been living in Plymouth for 10 years now.
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    That looks so cute! Love your mall! You have managed to fit in so many things in such a tiny space! Well done! Love the decorations inside too. :)
    ModArt Budget Starter

5d5ab6613f.png

This modern studio (all-in-one) style starter is built of white brick and teal stone, with curved concrete decks and roof. The inside consists of an openplan bedroom/livingroom/kitchen and a small separate shower room. The back deck has a dining area and an easel. It costs under $10K on a 15x20 (or other) lot costing $1,500, so It's perfect for an artist sim who wants to own a gallery shop as it only uses half their starting budget. It's a got double bed and 2 dining chairs at the table so it could also house a couple.

Streetview
    2b42ef5d51.png
    Layout
    63590a40d6.png
    Bed/Livingroom
    534656898d.png
    Kitchen
    b5257eb5cd.png
    Shower Room
    01db9bea7e.png
    Back Deck
    89db786fe5.png

• BUTTONSGINGERBUTTONSGINGER Posts: 5,702 Member
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,584 Member
    ModArt Budget Starter is very nice! :) The brick texture of the exterior, and the curved roofing and front and back patios look very nice! It looks very nice how you have placed the hedge squares on the edges of the front footpath. Nice outdoors dining area on the back patio for sims to enjoy eating meals outdoors in the air. Sims will enjoy painting on the easel in the sunshine. Very nice layout of the interior of the home! It is nice that you have placed the bookshelf on the bedhead wall and have the TV on the side wall, for sims to enjoy reading books and watching TV whilst laying in bed. They will enjoy nice views of the outdoors through the bedroom windows. The textures of the bedroom walls and toilet walls looks nice.
    It is a very nice starter home :)
    Container Budget Starter

So I've always felt the Crick Cabana lot is the perfect spot for a container home due to the container yard in the background. Here's a studio style container starter for your Sims that costs less than 10k on a 15x20 lot. I've playtested it but let me know if you have any issues

Streetview
    4d956c6b30.png

Outside
    0cdbaf3d64.png

Layout
    32e14316ff.png

Bed/Sitting Room
    cdbc3f9835.png

Kitchen and Dining Nook
    9aae30b776.png

Shower Room
    19c2e4c791.png

edited August 2015
    Container Budget Starter is a great home for a sim starting out! :) It is great that you have designed the exterior to refiect a shipping container, and that it will suit the background setting of the Crick Cabana area in Willow Creek world. Very nice layout of the interior of the home. The brown and blue colour scheme looks nice. It is nice that sims can sit and rest on the bed whilst watching TV. The candle light looks pretty on the dining table. Nice book nook corner. Sims will enjoy reading a book at the table or in bed.
    It is great starter home. :)
    @EmmaVane Container Budget Starter is just so great! The way you used the space and have everything a starting sim needs is wonderful!
  • masajomasajo Posts: 6,006 Member
    Fantastic work with Container Budget Starter, amazing you got everything in and on such a low budget :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
    edited October 2015
    Four Elements

3db624f790.png

The first sims I'm posting in this thread, mainly because they have too big a description to fit on the gallery alone. Each of this group of housemates represents one of the 4 (old) elements of Earth, Air, Fire and Water. I picked appropriate life states (pretend for 2 of them), wardrobe makup/markings and traits and wanted to explain my decisions here.

First up is Gaia Wilts. (Mother Earth wilting, Autumn/Fall)

fc1b4c363e.png

Gaia is a sharp-featured, green-skinned, fairy. As she wears that autumnal toned dress all the time for the wings, her wardrobe is based around appropriate accessories. Her "markings" were chosen because they look like leaf veins against her green skin. She has a tattoo of butterflies on the back of her neck. Her aspiration is "Outdoor Enthusiast" and her traits are Loves Outdoors (for earth), Playful (fairy) and Evil (for LOLs). I reckon she'll have fun with the Herbalist skill.

Second is Skye Cloud. (Sky and clouds are in the Air)

59579e86ed.png

Skye is a wispy alien with white/pale blue skin, light blue markings/makeup. Her wardrobe is "light and airy" and comes in white and light grey, with accessories in aqua blue. I think her makeup accents her bone-structure and the blue represents sky. Her theme is sky and space with stars tattooed on her back and a silver-white 'fro that looks like a cloud. Coming up with an Aspiration was hard, so I settles on Renaissance Sim as I figured an Air Elemental is "flighty." Her traits are Loner (moon icon), Music Lover (airwaves) and Genius because of her Knowledge Aspiration.

Third is Bernie Hott (Bernadette). (Fire burns and is hot)

bd3c904438.png

Bernie is a fair-skinned Pyromancer Witch who wears heavy makeup and dresses in a red and black Gothic theme. She has a voluptuous hour-glass figure, a little on the plump side. Her theme is Goth/Flames so she has the tribal lower-back tattoo, which suits her fiery and passionate nature. She is bound to cause some drama as her Aspiration is Serial Romantic and her traits are Hot-Headed (heat), Romantic and Jealous. She probably enjoys hot things like hot tubs, hot men/women, hot stone massages and anything involving flames (fire dancing in Get Together, maybe?).

Last but not least is Ocean Rivers (Water words)

0f4626e7ed.png

Ocean is the granddaughter of a mermaid so she retains the blue skin, some face scales and a tendency to dehydrate, but is otherwise human. Her feature are slightly fish-like with the wide-set eyes and longer face. She loves purple (it matches her eyes) and long skirts that remind her of her grandmother's tail. She bases her wardrobe on these things. She has a large tattoo of the sea on her arm so that she feels at home wherever she is, but sometimes she misses swimming in the sea. She wants to be a Master Mixologist and has the traits Active (swimming), Gloomy (rain icon) and Neat (water cleans things). She loves swimming and making drinks as these keep her active and hydrated.

I hope you enjoy my take on the 4 Elements. :)

Happy simming!
    Your four element sims are very nice! :) You have put so much time, thought and work into each of them with their background details! It is great reading your descriptions of them and your choice of and reason for the details of how they look, their names, their interests, and aspirations. They represent each of the elements so well! Your creating of each of the sims looks very great!
    edited October 2015
  • skyeuk05skyeuk05 Posts: 122 Member
    These are lovely @EmmaVane - i esp like mini devon cottage - very cute :love:
    edited February 2016
    Candy Contempo Cottage

050d6fc19b.png

A black-trimmed, blue-clad starter cottage which is mostly traditional on the outside, but bright and modern inside. Would suit a young female or flamboyant older Sim who doesn't need much space when starting out. Should be around 15K on most smaller lots, leaving a nice chunk of cash to start your Sim's life with.

65ed96444a.png
    e05a5c26d3.png
    209306e571.png
    eafbc2c8cb.png
    c67fb371cd.png

edited February 2016
    Candy Contempo Cottage is a very nice home! :) The flower box windows, the flowers on the front wall and the flowers at the front of the home look very pretty! Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home, The blue, pink and purple colours of the interior walls looks very nice! The patterned curtains look very nice over the bedhead, Sims will enjoy the sunlight coming in through the bedroom windows when waking in the mornings. The black and white floor tiling in the kitchen and bathroom looks nice. The wall of candles looks very nice separating off the kitchen area. The candle on the dining table is pretty for sims to see when eating their meal.
    It is a very nice starter home! :)
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    Your starters are adorable and I love the micro mini mall! Good job! :)
    edited June 2016
    Another MicroMini home. This time for Windenburg. This would fit in both the old town and rustic areas. I started this one a while ago, but didn't finish it until now.

Mini English Garden Tudor

A tiny 1 bedroom/1 bathroom house suitable for a single sim or couple. Would suit a writer/bookworm quieter sim as there is no TV.

84dc73d803.png
    d212043afe.png
    e061ba6cd2.png

There's a small yard with a grill/BBQ on the side of the house.

0b799d4810.png

The front door leads directly into the dining room, which has a table for 3 and a fireplace. The mirror above the fireplace is useable.

2fabc6c42f.png

Arches lead to the stairs/back door and the kitchen.

8633d720ce.png

The kitchen is minimal but has all the basics as well as some clutter.

c0bee5bfbc.png

There are cabinets over the arch and the door to the bathroom off the kitchen.

b568b265e3.png

The bathroom is partially tucked under the stairs (note: there's no bathroom sink as kitchen sink right outside the door). Also under the stairs is a hidden storage chest for collectables, but it's only visible with walls down or cut away.

b47e98642e.png

At the top of the stairs there is a sitting room with seating for 3.

e19b836a97.png

The sitting room also has a study nook with an ancient word processer and cork board.

eb70137cf4.png

The bedroom is through the door in the sitting room and has a nice double bed, accessible from both sides.

5e60bd78f4.png

There's also a dressing table/vanity area, though this mirror isn't useable.

b819df1099.png
    edited June 2016
    Mini English Garden Tudor is so very pretty! :) The exterior design of the home is very nice! Very nice Tudor theme of the home. The flowers in the front patio look so very pretty! The back patio area is very nice! It looks nice how the hedging borders the patio and the greenery looks nice on the back exterior wall. Nice fish fountain feature! Sims will enjoy cooking meals on the BBQ there and eating the food at the corner nook table in the outdoors air. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home. The fireplace will keep sims warm whilst dining at the table. The fruit bowl is a nice touch on the fireplace ledge. The wall paneling looks nice, and the type of patterned dining seats used gives a nice look to the home. Very nice kitchen nook. The wall tiling looks nice. Sims will enjoy the sunlight coming in through the kitchen windows whilst preparing meals. The cabinets over the archway to the bathroom look great! Very nice upper landing sofa sitting and study desk nooks! Sims will enjoy resting on the sofa reading a book or enjoy sitting at the desk table using the computer. The blue wall patterning looks very nice. Very nice red colour scheme of the bedroom walls and curtains.Very nice vanity table nook.
    The home is very nice! :)
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    I love this thread. I've been super busy with my latest furbaby rescue but I love playing tiny houses and this thread has inspired me. Time to set aside some game time :D
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • NinnsterNinnster Posts: 1,215 Member
    You have some great builds in your showcase so far!

My favorites are definitely the Mini Devon Cottage and the Mini Tudor. I just love tiny cottages, and tudor in particular is such a great style. I love that little 'under the stair' toilet you created! That's a really creative idea! Your tudor home has a great garden! Sadly I can't see most of the interior pictures, is that just me, or is there something going on with the picture links? Either way, the exterior of that house sells itself!

Oh, and on a side note, that indoor pool you did for the country club house is stunning! I love the water feature you created in the middle there!
    OriginID: Ninnster

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

"Creativity is intelligence having fun"