Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Blackout Weekend!!!

So no black Friday but there is going to be a Blackout Weekend! :D
Nice to see they haven't forgotten us.

Comments

• Options
    tinkknitztinkknitz Posts: 1,278 Member
    Has anyone found out which venue yet?
    What do I put for a signature once I have been gifted so much that I own The Store? anybody? Bueller?
  • Options
    alfje66alfje66 Posts: 171 Member
    I think we have to wait a few hours. We are ahead in time in Europe.
  • Options
    ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    edited November 2014
    Don't get you hopes up ... I believe this is the announcement from LAST YEAR, there is no Blackout Week-end 2014 :(

This is from the DD list from this time time last year ... and the week-end announcement looks very familiar ... http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/11521734/#Comment_11521734

Sorry.
    Post edited by ajaxpost on
  • Options
    tinkknitztinkknitz Posts: 1,278 Member
    I found this link store.thesims3.com on the main store page, but it took me to the sale page. There were no venues there. I already have most of the venues, but thought I would give it a try.
    Cross your fingers
    What do I put for a signature once I have been gifted so much that I own The Store? anybody? Bueller?
  • Options
    --ginafz9l---ginafz9l- Posts: 330 Member
    It's last years...
    It is a day out :/
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,286 Member
    tinkknitz wrote: »
    I found this link store.thesims3.com on the main store page, but it took me to the sale page. There were no venues there. I already have most of the venues, but thought I would give it a try.
    Cross your fingers

Everything you are see on the store page that is advertising Blackout weekend is from last year. Roaring Heights, Mother Russia, the CYS and Blackout weekend is last year. So we are not getting any this year or one of the SimGuru's would had already made an announcement before they left for the holidays.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/726542.page

• Options
    Nyx1961Nyx1961 Posts: 54 Member
    I just can't get over the sheer laziness of the employees, not even bothering to update the site pages properly. I also can't understand EA allowing it to happen. It's no wonder EA is consistently voted as the company with the worst client service in the US. :\
  • Options
    MANDEEx88MANDEEx88 Posts: 163 Member
    It certainly didn't take long for EA to abandon The Sims 3 site. I thought it would have been at least a year after Sims 4 coming out before the site would be neglected.
  • Options
    Nyx1961 wrote: »
    I just can't get over the sheer laziness of the employees, not even bothering to update the site pages properly. I also can't understand EA allowing it to happen. It's no wonder EA is consistently voted as the company with the worst client service in the US. :\
    To be fair I wouldn't blame the people who actually do the work at EA, the employees. More the bosses, the managers who see only new product as having value. They have sacked, or otherwise "encouraged", everyone away from TS3.

That said, it is not a complicated job to switch off a banner script or simply put up some generic, non date-based, banners. They clearly have at least one person left - to switch over the weekly sales - how expensive could it be to have even a trainee web-master spend an hour or so every now and then keeping an eye on the old site?

TS3 is a complete game and, now that TS4 is out, it is routinely sold at "sale" prices so there will be plenty of new people buying or extending their game ... the bottom line is that there is still money to be made, so why do they do their best to annoy and deny us the pleasure of what is, still, a really good product?
  • Options
    dothesmustledothesmustle Posts: 1,851 Member
    A further consideration from EA's point of view should be goodwill, I mean if this was your first interaction with the company would you be persuaded to invest literally 100's of pounds or dollars in sims 4. As a long term customer I am disgusted with their business practices, they have displayed a complete lack of business sense for such a large company in the handling of Sims3, sim city and the sims 4 rush job. I for one will not be putting hand in pocket for sims 4, three iterations of the sims with inept aftercare is more than enough for me.
    You can call me smustle or Lori if you prefer.
  • Options
    PixieydustPixieydust Posts: 705 Member
    I have to totally agree with everyone here. I think it has been disgusting how they are too lazy to change up the banner, and when they finally do, it is not even correct. It is also insulting how they have ignored everyone and are still doing so. An apology goes a very long way, they have messed up with the sims 4 and I doubt that I will even buy it. It has not been out long for them to cut it half off. What makes me sad is that if this does not sell, they won't go on with it and ea will just stop with the series. I love the series and do not want to see it end like this.

Have they stopped doing things for Sim City also? Seems like they buy a franchise and kill it.
  • Options
    ChimarkChimark Posts: 2,166 Member
    It's sad, I can understand EA not wanting to cannibalize the Sims 4 by offering Sims 3 for sale, but that really isn't a reason as they are offering Sims 3 stuff at Origin.

Or you know what, screw the sale on items, simply just offer a discount on Simpoints, which would have the same effect as a sale on everything in the store.
  • Options
    I too would have bought a ton of points had they put them on sale!!
  • Options
    monday_34monday_34 Posts: 211 Member
    The store site is not a good look for EA. Every single banner has been out of date since 4 came out, and then advertising a 50% off sale that isn't ever going to happen is just disgusting. I hope EA loses a boatload of money on 4, because they are losing money by completely abandoning 3.
  • Options
    alfje66alfje66 Posts: 171 Member
    ajaxpost wrote: »
    Don't get you hopes up ... I believe this is the announcement from LAST YEAR, there is no Blackout Week-end 2014 :(

This is from the DD list from this time time last year ... and the week-end announcement looks very familiar ... http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/11521734/#Comment_11521734

Sorry.
    I am sorry i got everybody's hope up for nothing.
    I did not realise that it was from last year.
    :'(

• Options
    ivinianivinian Posts: 1,957 Member
    It's downright baffling all right. Well, this definitely doesn't make me want to invest in future EA DLC-heavy products--how bout y'all?
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    I'm learning how to make my own games. That'll keep me occupied for a while so I'm not bothered with EA. I am trying to watch ads so I can buy some new Sims 3 store content to gift to a young relative who has nothing much in her game. Other than that I can't see me buying much more from EA.
  • Options
    CurolaCurola Posts: 86 Member
    Well, here in Germany we even have the wrong translation for the word "save" since 1 or 2 years(!). Normally, on DD it says for example "save 60%" (in US store). Well, the same here, just they took the wrong word out of google translator. They say "Speichern 60%". And not only they weren't able to conjugate it right, it's in the wrong context. We only use this word for cases like storing data. For saving money, we use the word "sparen". It wouldn't be bad if the trainee would have translated it in the first place. But that this didn't change in over a year - when TS3 was even the actual game - says everything...

And as I see how EA always is abandoning the old franchise, I don't want to buy the new franchise (here TS4). Great, we get free updates - but for how long? How long are they improving the game for free and how long will it take until we will have to pay everything double price? I still don't think the free updates were planned as free. I think they should have been with costs, but after too many people refused to buy the game in this condition, they were forced to give it for free because of limiting the damage of cutting too many things out.
    That they already sell TS4 with 50% off says everything. It was sure that it will be on sale, but with such a discount (I thougt they will give it about 20-33% off, 50% maybe on spring sale...).
  • Options
    dothesmustledothesmustle Posts: 1,851 Member
    It's my opinion that as long as the store is functional and they are still selling Sims 3 games, there should be at least a skeleton staff to update and promote the store, as long as people are buying it remains a viable sales avenue. Let's not forget there have been several items increased in price since the release of sims 4 and there should definitely be lower overheads now given the large layoff's and the fact they have left the store to run more or less automatically. I can understand that they would prefer we all buy Sims 4 and they have invested heavily in producing it however ignoring a viable and established sales channel is poor business sense.
    You can call me smustle or Lori if you prefer.
  • Options
    alfje66 wrote: »
    ajaxpost wrote: »

Sorry.
    I am sorry i got everybody's hope up for nothing.
    I did not realise that it was from last year.
    :'(
    Don't worry about it. You just prove the point that there are still a lot of people coming to the TS3 Store eager to spend money and enhance their game. Whether they are long-time players who have just discovered the Store, or only now have money to spend, or new Simmers who have just found the game in a sale. There is so much good stuff here that must surely now be pure profit on EA's bottom line.

Which is what makes it so depressing that EA can't devote even the smallest fraction of one employee's time to keep the site working properly ... including the sloppy translations, misspellings and bad links :(
  • Options
    Nyx1961Nyx1961 Posts: 54 Member
    I think what bugs me the most is that someone managed to find the time to update the TS3 site to let us know that TS4 is on sale at Origin but they couldn't be bothered to fix anything else.
  • Options
    LucyenaLucyena Posts: 916 Member
    Nyx1961 wrote: »
    I think what bugs me the most is that someone managed to find the time to update the TS3 site to let us know that TS4 is on sale at Origin but they couldn't be bothered to fix anything else.

Exactly my thoughts!

• Options
    Daboogadie2Daboogadie2 Posts: 352 Member
    At this point, the Store is being operated as a service so that those of us that don't 'own the store' can fill in some empty spots and is most likely operating at a loss.
    Nobody is being mean, nobody is being lazy, and nobody is listening. I, for one, am happy that it's still open.
  • Options
    I too am happy it is still open, but I do not think it is losing money. If that was so, the would close it down. I have spent a lot of money since Oct. and I know I am not the only one. Also, new players are coming to the sims 3 forums and store since all of the sales on the sims 3 eps and sps. I for one have bought several worlds and sp.
  • Options
    LucyenaLucyena Posts: 916 Member
    New offer:

Special Holiday Sales! 12 Days of Gifts!

The Sims 3 Store is spreading good cheer with 12 Days of Gifts! Check back every day from December 19th to 31st for a free gift everyday! Don’t miss the exciting holiday sales either – we are rotating in some fun surprises

I have no words...