Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Have you ever been instantly attached to new Sims you created?

Comments

• Options
    horrorfan1980shorrorfan1980s Posts: 2,900 Member
    edited May 2013
    I am particularly attached to the sim family I'm playing at the moment. The sixth gen heir has just aged up to YA. He's my avvy at the moment.

Here are his parents, Kei and Tasha.

Screenshot-508.jpg

I'm also attached to Kei's father, Mitchell. This is him with Kei as a toddler.

Screenshot-441.jpg

I only have a pic of Mitchell's grandfather as an elder. He's in my studio as a YA. I was sad when he died in game.

Screenshot-406.jpg
    can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will boxed after sword is out.
  • Options
    MartuniMartuni Posts: 702 Member
    edited May 2013
    I woke up this morning and reread this entire post, thinking about why we get attached to these little characters. I think it is due to the brilliant job EA did with their expressions and body language. Last night I slowed down from my usual mad dash to create/build/decorate/landscape, and just watched my brother and sister Sims play darts. A lot of great programming went into this one activity - they were SO life-like and adorable!

I also wonder how many of us have been attached to our real-life pets, too. I was extremely attached to my mouse, Eric; my dog Bojo and my cat ToughCat. They're all long gone, but I still think about them and miss them. My daughter grew up hearing stories about their antics.

Watching adult Sims play hopscotch always makes me laugh...when they lose and slump off slowly in a funk. People complain about EA and the cost, but I don't know of any other game with so much detail built around every single activity and object.

Thank you everyone for posting - I've really enjoyed seeing and hearing about your favorites. :):):)
  • Options
    noosknoosk Posts: 65
    edited May 2013
    Two families end up in every neighbourhood I play. They have been around for much of my Simming days, which is a long time.

First family is Dougal Mac Tavish and his son, Slugga. Dougal is easy going and enjoys fishing. Slugga is a mohawk wearing punk and a reprobate.

Second family is Ivan and Natasha Molotov - Russian siblings. She is a ditsy romantic and he a womanizer.
  • Options
    blueeyed32blueeyed32 Posts: 1,469 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Mikezumi wrote:
    I rarely make sims, but there are many born in game sims that I feel an instant attachment to

I find that I tend to prefer my born in game sims to their parents most the time, it's when you can build their personalities I think that get's me.

Amelia was made as a toddler but I preferred her to her parents and older siblings because I was able to mold her some more.
  • Options
    TurtleChampionTurtleChampion Posts: 7 New Member
    edited May 2013
    I married my simself to Dean Winchester (yeah, Supernatural!) and all of our kids looked like him except for one. Eleanor Winchester is my pride and joy.

VknZQ3p.jpg
  • Options
    horrorfan1980shorrorfan1980s Posts: 2,900 Member
    edited May 2013
    I married my simself to Dean Winchester (yeah, Supernatural!) and all of our kids looked like him except for one. Eleanor Winchester is my pride and joy.

VknZQ3p.jpg

:thumbup:
    can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will boxed after sword is out.
  • Options
    babygirlrhodesbabygirlrhodes Posts: 366 Member
    edited May 2013
    im more attached to this sim more then the others. http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7233887
    short, black, & chubby.
  • Options
    CrestieloverCrestielover Posts: 63 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Martuni wrote:
    I woke up this morning and reread this entire post, thinking about why we get attached to these little characters. I think it is due to the brilliant job EA did with their expressions and body language. Last night I slowed down from my usual mad dash to create/build/decorate/landscape, and just watched my brother and sister Sims play darts. A lot of great programming went into this one activity - they were SO life-like and adorable!

I also wonder how many of us have been attached to our real-life pets, too. I was extremely attached to my mouse, Eric; my dog Bojo and my cat ToughCat. They're all long gone, but I still think about them and miss them. My daughter grew up hearing stories about their antics.

Watching adult Sims play hopscotch always makes me laugh...when they lose and slump off slowly in a funk. People complain about EA and the cost, but I don't know of any other game with so much detail built around every single activity and object.

Thank you everyone for posting - I've really enjoyed seeing and hearing about your favorites. :):):)

I couldn't agree more with your reasoning.
    I tend to sit back and just watch my sims do their own thing, guiding them when they need it and I love how life-like they are and how different trait combinations really seem to give them individual personalities.

I cried once when one of my favorites caught on fire and I couldn't put him out for some reason (when I realized I wasn't going to be able to put him out, but just moved the camera away; I couldn't stand hearing his screaming)so he died. I cried again when I was finally able to get a sim's cooking skill high enough to make some ambrosia and bring him back. I get really attached to these little guys (and gals).
  • Options
    TojaxTojax Posts: 5,076 Member
    edited May 2013
    Thank you for sharing the pics :) It's interesting to see other people's favourites.

@ Martuni: I think you're right. Our "love" for pixelated creatures is akin to feelings we might have for a pet :) And I agree that the customization and animations do help make me care for my sims.

Here's my favourite: Adelaida. She was born in-game to a side branch of my main family but there was simply something about her that made me unable to ignore her. Once I got Supernatural, I started a new game with her as a fairy and it's been by far my favourite playthrough.

Screenshot-3151_zps21717e28.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    @crestielover - I used to be obsessed with ghosts, way back when that meant you had to have an "unfortunate accident", but I never killed my own Sims. I created ones specifically to be ghosts. I always brought them back to playable ghosts and gave them a good life. :wink:

My biggest shock was the first time I witnessed two Sims fighting. At the time I didn't even know of that option - it was spontaneous and totally stunned me.

@tojax - I love your Sim's name, her looks and her hat! Cheers!
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,380 Member
    edited May 2013
    My Gabriel, he's in most of my games since creating him. :mrgreen:

screenshot_original.jpg

Holly Morganstern, my little globe-trotting lesbian. She has singlehandedly killed all the mummies in 3 countries. :lol: Here she is practicing her favorite thing...snake charming.

screenshot_original.jpg
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    Sims2N3wbi3Sims2N3wbi3 Posts: 387 New Member
    edited May 2013
    I feel like I post about her too much but I LOVE her. Seriously she's probably my most favorite sim ever and that includes the sims 2. I think I love her so much because I enjoyed the journey she went on to become a singer(except those sing-a-grams).
    Miranda Griffin aka Sky :) I like her husband too but he's not my favorite lol. (His name is Joshua)
    f0dce656-90bf-4205-85ca-adc6d5b26803.jpg
    8a8374f2-dc77-4998-a927-3e6cb7b1fa5e.jpg

This was taken yesterday. After I toned her down a bit, I thought she was too muscular-looking.

32f32407-9df0-4f28-a3a5-7a6a0d8abe6a.jpg
  • Options
    FuzzySlipers45FuzzySlipers45 Posts: 1,343 Member
    edited May 2013
    So many sims I've instantly become attached to. I find that if they have quirky traits, that's what gets me, because suddenly it's as if they COULD be real.

If that doesn't make me sound psycho at all. :lol:
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Wow, if you took bshag4lv's Gabriel and matched him with Sims2N3wbi3's Sky you'd get some really good-looking kids, I'll bet.

I love the quirky traits, too. My first Sims 3 Sim was a clumsy, cowardly neurotic guy who was loads of fun to play.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,380 Member
    edited May 2013
    Martuni wrote:
    Wow, if you took bshag4lv's Gabriel and matched him with Sims2N3wbi3's Sky you'd get some really good-looking kids, I'll bet.

I love the quirky traits, too. My first Sims 3 Sim was a clumsy, cowardly neurotic guy who was loads of fun to play.

Thanks Martuni. I may just try that. :mrgreen:

Just checked Sims2N3wbi3's studio and she isn't uploaded. The idea is a good one though. :-)
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    LaudeLaude Posts: 640 Member
    edited May 2013
    Yes! Most of the time. But I really have a problem, I really love my sims and I really like to make sims... A lot! So I have a lot of favorites sims. The problem, I can't remember they names! :roll:

So, I will just post some pictures (and no names!) of them.

14-1_zps83abe8e9.jpg
    Those two are my favorite couple at the moment.

Screenshot-626_zpsc58a5122.jpg
    They start the relationship in university.

And I love both.
    31-1_zps8d237cfe.jpg

15-1_zpsc351b16f.jpg

Even the gorgeous childrens that they make.
    5-1_zps15ec0a4b.jpg

The oldest.
    12-1_zps7aebe0b5.jpg

And she is my fav. at the moment. Since she was born.
    13-1_zpsdb9c80e2.jpg

The first boy.
    3-1_zps2dfdd19e.jpg

And the youngest.
    4-1_zpsad6ddb9f.jpg

Now other family that I really like:
    18-1_zpsb84e27f4.jpg

20-1_zpscb24405e.jpg

19-1_zps663e83ac.jpg

And others sims:
    1-1_zps297f4e5c.jpg

10-1_zpsb57fb91c.jpg

11-1_zps9c4d3141.jpg

22-1_zps3aa07f42.jpg

23-1_zps4ead936d.jpg

26-1_zps6f4738e6.jpg

29-1_zps794a587c.jpg

32-1_zps94887e00.jpg

33-1_zps8be13279.jpg

Screenshot-1414.jpg

442_zps4204ab21.jpg

• Options
    td998td998 Posts: 358 Member
    edited May 2013
    Omg yes, my first sim, who I don't have pics of, and these people:

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg
    Amelia, who I've loved since she was born (I tried to make her my avatar but it didn't work)

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg
    Amelia as a teen

screenshot_original.jpg
    I turned her into a human (she's a vampire baby) because there was a glitch where she was gaining skills too fast.

screenshot_original.jpg
    Her human self

screenshot_original.jpg
    I love her kids too!

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg
    Her daughter, Courtney

screenshot_original.jpg
    #Sexy

I also really love another sim in the same household, who died.

screenshot_original.jpg
    She was Amelia's aunt
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    bshag4lv wrote:
    Martuni wrote:

Just checked Sims2N3wbi3's studio and she isn't uploaded. The idea is a good one though. :-)

She isn't? I thought she was. You just click upload from the game right? Forgive me i'm still new to the sims 3 lol.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    bshag4lv wrote:
    Martuni wrote:

She isn't? I thought she was. You just click upload from the game right? Forgive me i'm still new to the sims 3 lol.

This is cool - are Gabriel and Sky rich? 'Cause then I'd feel just like the Millionaire Matchmaker. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Martuni wrote:
    bshag4lv wrote:
    Martuni wrote:

This is cool - are Gabriel and Sky rich? 'Cause then I'd feel just like the Millionaire Matchmaker. :mrgreen:

Lol I wouldn't call her rich. I guess she's alright but some of her wealth is due to money cheats :P
  • Options
    UrghUrgh Posts: 113 New Member
    edited May 2013
    My latest favourite lady, one who I was going to play for a long long time and do everything with, got eaten by a Windows update :(
    I'm devastated, so I'm going to start again with a new sim.

I tend to create female sims and go from there with a legacy, so I can have them on their own with their children. I like micromanaging my child rearing, and husbands just get in the way :P
  • Options
    Hallonsaft11Hallonsaft11 Posts: 1,377 Member
    edited May 2013
    So many pretty sims that every is playing in their games! :D

I'm not really a big fan of CAS made sims (at least the ones I make) and tend to get overly attached to townies in the different towns and in game born kids. Altho, there is one exception.
    About a year ago I started a prettacy in my game, just something to play around with since I was a bit borde with my usual gameplay style. I went into CAS and threw together the most horrible looking sim I could think of, my prettacy founder Svetlana 🐸🐸🐸🐸.

[IMG]http://i880.photobucket.com/albums/ac7/FashionAssassin11/The%20Sims%203/🐸🐸🐸🐸/Screenshot-13-1.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i880.photobucket.com/albums/ac7/FashionAssassin11/The%20Sims%203/🐸🐸🐸🐸/Screenshot-48.jpg[/IMG]

I can honestly say I've never ever had so much fun with a sim in this game EVER then I had with Svetlana. :D
    Svetlana worked hard to be a criminal mastermind while taking care of her big family. Early in her life she met Iqbal Alvi and soon found out she was pregnant with his child, this lead to Svetlana marrying Iqbal and taking in his two sons, VJ and Miraj.
    Svetlana soon gave birth to her first son, Geogre. George wasn't so old when Svetlana found out she was pregnant once again, this time she gave birth to twin girls Victoria and Veronica.

George 🐸🐸🐸🐸

[IMG]http://i880.photobucket.com/albums/ac7/FashionAssassin11/The%20Sims%203/🐸🐸🐸🐸/Screenshot-31.jpg[/IMG]

Victoria 🐸🐸🐸🐸

[IMG]http://i880.photobucket.com/albums/ac7/FashionAssassin11/The%20Sims%203/🐸🐸🐸🐸/Screenshot-42-1.jpg[/IMG]

Veronica 🐸🐸🐸🐸

[IMG]http://i880.photobucket.com/albums/ac7/FashionAssassin11/The%20Sims%203/🐸🐸🐸🐸/Screenshot-43.jpg[/IMG]

After Iqbals death Svetlana started seeing Hank Goddard who she had a shotgun marriage to once she found out she was pregnant with him. They had a set of boy/girl twins together, Philip and Matilda.

Philip 🐸🐸🐸🐸

[IMG]http://i880.photobucket.com/albums/ac7/FashionAssassin11/The%20Sims%203/🐸🐸🐸🐸/Screenshot-52.jpg[/IMG]

Matilda 🐸🐸🐸🐸

[IMG]http://i880.photobucket.com/albums/ac7/FashionAssassin11/The%20Sims%203/🐸🐸🐸🐸/Screenshot-53.jpg[/IMG]

The day Svetlana passed away I was really sad and after that I kinda stopped playing the family because it wasn't the same anymore.
    Now looking back at Svetlana and her family I'm kind of tempted to start up a new game with her again. :P

A good cup of coffee is always best served together with someone you like
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    @Hallonsaft11: Awww, I love your ugly Sims, especially George 🐸🐸🐸🐸. The family nose sure did get passed down, didn't it!

I have made a few "ugly" Sims, and I agree - they are fun. I play this couple a lot. They're the MaGoos:

screenshot_original.jpg"width=400""height=300"[

screenshot_original.jpg"width=400""height=300"

Actually they are more creepy than ugly, now that I think about it. But creepy is good, too. :D
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Laude-your sims look so perfect :)
    Hallonsaft11- That's cool. Pretty sims aren't everything and your sims look really unique :)

I tried to upload Miranda/Sky again it did't seem to work. If anyone wants her send me a message and I'll give you the link to her on mediafire. CC and non-cc version.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Martuni wrote:
    @Hallonsaft11: Awww, I love your ugly Sims, especially George 🐸🐸🐸🐸. The family nose sure did get passed down, didn't it!

I have made a few "ugly" Sims, and I agree - they are fun. I play this couple a lot. They're the MaGoos:

screenshot_original.jpg"width=400""height=300"[

screenshot_original.jpg"width=400""height=300"

Actually they are more creepy than ugly, now that I think about it. But creepy is good, too. :D

Lol the guy is actually kinda cute, creepy or not :p