Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Have You Changed Your Mind About My Wedding Stories?

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    I will buy it when most of the bugs in it are fixed
    Considering EA's lowered interest in providing good packs for they customers in recent time, and the rumours that Sims 5 is at the doors knocking, this game pack is a pass for me. They (EA) was ready to release a buggy mess to their customers, but changed their mind in the last minute, blaming that on the russian sitution. When ever Sims 5 is released I don't think they will ever show any interest to the problems with Sims 4, so although I own all the packs I don't want this buggy mess in my computer. I would buy the world without the gameplay as a kit.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,397 Member
    Yes, I am still going to buy it
    Of course I will still buy it...new world and slow dancing are my main interests in this pack.

@ChadSims2, I do not know where you got your info on weddings being about the men, um nope, it's all about the girls...I'm sure most guys would not be mad if they didn't even have to go. :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,132 Member
    I've always planned on getting it.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    I was going to get it from the day it was announced <3
  • Options
    ZiafarZiafar Posts: 716 Member
    I am less and less sure. Pixelade is doing a live review on youtube at the moment and he says that even though he has taken his mods out, the game is very laggy!.
  • Options
    KyreRoenKyreRoen Posts: 677 Member
    edited February 2022
    Other
    I was going to wait for a sale sometime in the future (after some much-needed bugfixing), and even then it was a "maybe", leaning towards "no". Since it's looking like "Dine Out 2: Wedding Boogaloo" (Though in all honesty, Dine Out works great for me with a few QoL mods), I'm going to just say no.

My imagination is free (and bug-free), and I've enough ideas to make good weddings, should I want to do them.
    Check out my 'Simming Tips' for detailed tips and tricks (TS4).
  • Options
    ScrapdashScrapdash Posts: 1,237 Member
    I will buy it on sale as I just want the world/CAS/BB
    Honestly might have to change my mind, again.
    We don't have enough chaos in this game and it could be worth it for the sheer comedy value.
    Just watched Pixelades stream, from the ring bearer in jeans, random folk in swimsuits running up the aisle and the cake going spoilt. It's a glorious mess and haven't laughed this much in ages.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,084 Member
    Yeah, I just can't deal with this on full price. It has nice stuff, but not nice enough. It's more like a Stuff Pack with frills.
    Every time a pack comes out, I upgrade my Special Project.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,045 Member
    Other
    Wasn't planning on buying it, and still not. Too narrowly focused on just the wedding. What about attraction system, more interactions, gameplay in general? Too much attention on what doesn't really matter. The marriage is what matters, the wedding is just the ceremony with party that starts it off.
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,694 Member
    At first I thought the pack introduced some interesting ideas, I thought the customizable social events were cool until they turned out to be very watered down alternatives to the existing social events with not much new stuff in place to make the pack worth it. I can already dance, and have a toast, and serve tea, and have a dinner with friends and family all in the current game, I already have dance floors, I have buffet tables and drink fountains, I already have enough in my game to make the existing wedding events more fleshed out and entertaining. If I wanted to I could make a club filled with sims dressed in their underwear while they dance and flirt with party goers, something the new wedding pack doesn't even do.

I think I will eventually buy it, but I can't say it's something I desperately need in my game anytime soon. Especially with all those bugs around, yikes.
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,747 Member
    Other
    I don’t buy packs that don’t contribute to my preferred gameplay. This one doesn’t. If it goes on a steep sale sometime, I might get it for the world, but that’s all.
  • Options
    Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 900 Member
    I will probably buy it when it goes on sale.
    I just want the world and the CAS items, not really anything else.
    If another pack pops up that is more interesting, I will wait even more to get it. I like to have my Sims elope, and really don't use weddings even in the base game.
  • Options
    SallycutecatSallycutecat Posts: 269 Member
    Other
    I was undecided before and I still am undecided. The customisation of the weddings looks great and it will add a lot to the weddings in the game already, but if it's so buggy it will ruin the weddings then I won't be getting it. If they fix the bugs it sounds like it will be an interesting pack and I may get it when it comes on sale.
    Please check out my YouTube Channel. I cover features from The Sims 4 game.
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCaj9o4hycNSPy8U1Ip0OCFA/videos
  • Options
    OutlawWomanOutlawWoman Posts: 156 Member
    I have a feeling I will, but not for the gameplay gameplay. Weddings don’t really interest me and from what I’ve learned so far, it seems a bit shallow. I’d hoped for at least a matchmaker career and a full fledged attraction system. (And a mariachi band…)
    I am however still wondering if those “wedding” traditions/ activities can be initiated during ANY event, or will we only be able to use them at weddings?

My inner builder -on the other hand- is like this really excited kid who feels the urge to bulldoze the entire coast of Tartosa and replace it with his own haunted lots, doomed chapels, Mediterranean castles ’n spaceships. Actually, this world would make a pretty good Naboo!!

CAS is …well, veils are lacking and although there is some nice formal attire for our male sims, dudes -yet again- are being offered the bare minimum. I love the shirt with the loose tie. I want more of that! I need one for an even drunker version of my sim, since it looks like he will have to entertain himself at his own bachelor party. No sexy dancers eh? What a joke. 😅

Oh, now when (if?) I get the pack Eliza and Bella are definitely going to become "Entertainers" for batchelor parties. That needs to happen. I'll work it out through the club system. It doesn't need to be their "job" really. I think with them it wouldn't be about the money anyway. What with all their frustration at their menfolk, I'm sure they'll just be happy to be paid attention to.
  • Options
    FKM100FKM100 Posts: 886 Member
    edited February 2022
    Other
    Probably not. I'm just not that interested in weddings. They're too much like hard work. I might buy it one day for the world, but right now that's not a priority with me.

ETA: Having said that, though, the world does look awesome. I might just be falling in love... (Although I've learned that falling in love with a Sims 4 world is rather like falling in love with a really, really shallow person.)
    Post edited by FKM100 on
  • Options
    GrimlyFiendishGrimlyFiendish Posts: 725 Member
    Other
    I had zero plans to buy the pack in the first place, now I have zero to the power of infinity desire to purchase the pack.
    Occult Simmer (All Occult All The Time)

Female Simmer from Australia (she/her)

I had one of my Sims marry the Grim Reaper & now they have a lot of kids.

• Options
    dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member
    Scrapdash wrote: »
    Honestly might have to change my mind, again.
    We don't have enough chaos in this game and it could be worth it for the sheer comedy value.
    Just watched Pixelades stream, from the ring bearer in jeans, random folk in swimsuits running up the aisle and the cake going spoilt. It's a glorious mess and haven't laughed this much in ages.

Me too. I dont think Ive ever had my Sims get married properly as it didnt interest me but watching the multiple disasters happening on the early access playthroughs kinda makes me want to experience the 'wedding from hell'.
    Loved Dr Gluons wedding bugfest too.
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,589 Member
    Other
    My opinion has changed and I'm disappointed as well by what's not included as by the execution of what ist included.

I'll still get it in order to contribute to bugfixing and adding more depth, but initially, I was excited for it and that is just no longer the case.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    GrimlyFiendishGrimlyFiendish Posts: 725 Member
    Other
    For those of you who are still going to buy the pack regardless of bug fixes. Why? I know some of you have been waiting years for a Wedding pack to be released, and they're basically handing you a bugged out mess. Why reward EA for that? My Dad had a saying, "money talks and BS walks", well tell EA that presenting you with a pack that is glitched to all heck is BS, and you won't be parting with your hard earned cash until they fix it.
    Occult Simmer (All Occult All The Time)

Female Simmer from Australia (she/her)

I had one of my Sims marry the Grim Reaper & now they have a lot of kids.

• Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,762 Member
    edited February 2022
    Other
    My opinion has kinda changed from undecided to "why bother".

I will wait to buy this pack, and I'm not sure if I will ever buy it because seeing so many reused assets have kinda turned me off from buying it.

I was not aware that the cake animation was an old animation from 2014 for example:
    logion wrote: »
    TS1299 wrote: »
    So In this Pack they added a Social Event, Some CAS, and smallest selection of B/B (imo, I can't remember if OR is smaller, but even that has more features than this pack XD) yet it is considered as a game pack... Slow Dancing is New yes, but other than that? A lot of wedding animations here are just base game animations that are just underused. For example, the spouse putting the cake on the face of the partner? Watch "The Sims 4 Launch Trailer" and you will see the same animation.

Are you serious?

*Looks at the sims4 launch trailer.

ys98v2F.png

Oh. My. God.

This is genuinely making me angry.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,625 Member
    83bienchen wrote: »
    My opinion has changed and I'm disappointed as well by what's not included as by the execution of what ist included.

I'll still get it in order to contribute to bugfixing and adding more depth, but initially, I was excited for it and that is just no longer the case.

Awww, how generous <3