Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Have You Changed Your Mind About My Wedding Stories?

Comments

• Options
    HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 975 Member
    Yes, I am still going to buy it
    My desire for the new world is unwavering. I like some of the CAS and Build/Buy now that I’ve seen pictures of it.

Wish I could say I had the fortitude to hold out for a sale, but alas, patience has never been a virtue if there’s something I want.
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,658 Member
    I wish it had hotels, wedding planner career, and hammocks, but I have to say it has more than I thought. Not sure about the wedding dresses yet and I don't think they showed the ring selection. I will however be getting it today.
  • Options
    dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member
    I will buy it on sale as I just want the world/CAS/BB
    Seeing as how none of my sims have ever had a proper wedding I def wont be buying it for the gameplay! But a new world and some new CAS and build and buy options makes me want to get it.
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,422 Member
    I was going to buy it but now I am not
    Yes. It's a buggy mess and unless EA can make it playable, I'm not wasting my money on it. And that sucks because this has been the only pack to excite me in over a year.
  • Options
    greydonngreydonn Posts: 721 Member
    I will buy it when most of the bugs in it are fixed
    davina1221 wrote: »
    I wish it had hotels, wedding planner career, and hammocks, but I have to say it has more than I thought. Not sure about the wedding dresses yet and I don't think they showed the ring selection. I will however be getting it today.

Release is being pushed back! I think it comes out on the 25 now? I could be mistaken.

As for the poll, I never really cared and I still don't, but it'll probably be a nice addition to my gameplay anyway, once the bugs are fixed, and the world's nice.
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    Other
    I don’t have any weddings planned anytime soon in my current save, since I’m about to send 15 sims through university and that’s going to take me forever. So, at whatever point they’re ready, I’ll have a bunch of weddings to do and I’ll re-evaluate the bugginess of this pack. I don’t want it to be a pain in the neck - I’d rather elope than deal with bugs (probably should have done that IRL too, because I was a nervous wreck before my wedding 😅)! The world is the biggest seller for me and I might break down and buy it for that, but my sims need an excuse to move first.

And time is running short before I can’t play as I’d like to anymore once the nooboo is here this summer. Will they fix the bugs before June? Maybe just a few.
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,774 Member
    Other
    I am still undecided. I am waiting now to see if any improvements are made in the game play before release. If not, I will probably wait for bug fixes either by EA or modders.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,361 Member
    I was never buying it for the Wedding system, so the only question for me is "Do I wait for a sale, or do I go ahead and splurge right away?" which I still haven't decided... and have an additional week to think about it.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,360 Member
    Other
    I would advise everyone to just be patient and wait for release. Good things come to those who wait. 😊
  • Options
    DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,156 Member
    I wanted it to buy on the first day, but for my personal taste, this wedding pack does not hold what I would have liked. To many things I'm missing in this pack, it's a wide spectrum of traditions I've used to do on a wedding, they doesn't exist there, beside beside the promise of a variety of wedding traditions. Maybe they are seen as unimportant by other or the devs, I don't know, but for me they would be the unique selling point, if I can't play it then I see no point of buying a bugged wedding gamepack or playing tradition I can't connect with, for the whole price. I would have wait until bugfix, but honestly I don't know when this comes, so I would wait forever in the worst case. So, so my decision changed from buy on day 1 to buy it when it's on sale.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,199 Member
    I so want my Tartosa world. :p
  • Options
    SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    Other
    Since all of the other events are basically just parties, I don’t think that it’s going to be as fun as I was imagining. The CAS & build & buy are also a little underwhelming, but there are still some nice things & I’ve been really wanting new content, so I’m still going to get it.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,928 Member
    Nothing's changed. It was always my intention to buy it primarily for the world, most likely on sale. (The tea set and the slow dancing are a nice bonus.) I might wait slightly longer for the weddings to be fixed, just to try to make sure it doesn't break anything else in my game, but I've only had two weddings ever in all the years I've had this game, so I'm not in a rush.
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    edited February 2022
    I should have picked Other because I was undecided at first, because I don't throw weddings in my game really, and there is no attraction system, or veils I like, but since we are getting a new world then definitely. The new world looks gorgeous and has nine lots, and I like the tea set and I'm dying for those nails I saw in the trailer. I also love the new premade households they have lots of character. I will have fun giving them stories. And also I am such a foodie and I am so excited about the new food and beautiful cakes in this pack!! I think I saw Chinese roast duck in the trailer. :yum: So happy they added some cakes for occult Sims too. Can't wait to play it :heart:

Maybe I'm lucky, because I don't really play weddings, so if the arch is really buggy I will still enjoy it eloping them on the Tartosa beach and I love that they added the little City Hall building for a quick elopement. That was a genius idea I will probably use that a lot.

Also, I'm really looking forward to the new draw in sand interaction. I like sending my Sims to the beach so I'm happy they added that too.

Edited to also add the new slow dancing. That will be really fun to add to my gameplay.
    Post edited by Elliandre on
  • Options
    FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 848 Member
    edited February 2022
    Other
    I picked other because I am truly undecided at this point. Over the last couple of days I've gone from "It looks nice, I'll buy in on sale" to "gosh, this might be the first pack I buy on release day" to "Oh my stars what a buggy mess, no way I'm ever getting this *&*$ pack". I guess I'm somewhere between gonna wait until the modders/EA fix the worst of the bugs and I just want it for the world.

I'm oddly most upset over the wedding venue lot trait not working for weddings. I had a faint hope that this lot trait would not only actually work for weddings but might allow us to have an option to close the venue to only invited guests, which you could totally do in Sims 3. :angry: The fact that you can't even have weddings there almost made me cry tears of rage.

I'm just taking a wait and see attitude at this point.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,132 Member
    Other
    I was on the fence before and I'm still on the fence. Before, my thoughts were "I don't need it but I might buy it if it's on sale for half price" but right now I'm leaning closer towards the "Probably not" side of the fence because it sounds so buggy.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    Other
    Didn't change my mind, couldn't watch the live stream who was presenting it didn't seem very enthusiastic but I wanted it cause of what it is. I am disappointed about the delay, bugs don't "take me out" bother me cause I have been here since before ts1 and ts2 and ts3 had it worse so i would have been just as good getting it on time and waiting for the post release patch. Though not sure I will get the urge to play before the new release this time. :s
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Am I blind or is there no, 'I wasn't going to buy it and I'm still not going to', option?
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Other
    Let's just say I'm going to get someone else to gift me money so I can buy it, though technically I don't consider it my money even though it was gifted but I'm making the purchase myself..?
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,617 Member
    I'll buy it when the pack is operable + possibly on sale. The CAS/BB/World is great but nothing i can't get from CC and the level of inoperable the pack appears to be is imo too much.

Once it's fixed Ill assess if it's worth the $20 mark up or I'll wait for a sale.
  • Options
    RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    I am still going to buy the GP, but it will probably be after the do a first or second up date for bugs.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    It’s my understanding from Twitter and a couple of GCs that they are working to fix the major bugs, I was planning to buy it all along and still am but will probably wait to see what people say after the official release. But lol, I still really want it, so…🤷🏼‍♀️.
  • Options
    PorcelainFaeryPorcelainFaery Posts: 29 Member
    I like the hair styles, the accessories, the clothes, the world, and the gameplay! So, yeah I'll be buying it, but I do expect them to fix any game breaking bugs. I'm sure they want the game to be able to be played as it was intended, and hopefully work will go into fixing any issues. I'm buying it with the expectation that it will work as intended, at least at some point.
  • Options
    SAEldarinSAEldarin Posts: 428 Member
    I was going to buy it but now I am not
    But I may buy it if the release goes smoothly (and the bugs are fixed)....
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,625 Member
    CelSims wrote: »
    Am I blind or is there no, 'I wasn't going to buy it and I'm still not going to', option?
    I knew I'd forget something! Lol. That's kinda why I put an 'other' option, just to take care of all the ones I didn't think about putting.