Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Life by You vs. Sims 5 (Rene)? Rod Humble and Paradox's Life Simulation Game

Comments

• Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,033 Member
    edited May 21
    Screenshot-20240520-124120-2.png

Thanks for posting. I’m very disappointed 😢.

I do not see why Early Access can’t be released. I don’t think the character creation is so terrible to cause delay. Announcing this two weeks before access is terrible timing.

More information would have been helpful. I would have liked it much better if they had been more open. ‘We’re nervous about our characters appearance and will need time due to the game engine restriction’ etc.

I do understand why they’ve not given a new date but surely they have an idea of a rough timescale? 🤔🤷🏼‍♂️ Are they taking weeks, months or a year off? 😮

Im worried that the team are going into hiding, it doesn’t bode well. 😮

I remember when my family delayed a holiday x2 by the time the third date was given I lost interest and didn’t want to go. 🙄

LBY could miss sales if the other life games get ready first and people get caught up with them.

My own list of which other life sim to look at first has changed due to this delay.
    Paralives (cozy vibe), Inzoi (graphics) and then LBY (open world) last.

Liking Little Bistro Kit! French cafe vibes. 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,459 Member
    I think I will stay with the Sims forever.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,322 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    I am not surprised to see this. They showed a lot of modding options and possibilities but no interesting gameplay. Yes we can build a world and a shop but what are we going to do in that world and in that shop. Not to mention the world it's a ghost town so your character can only interact with objects.

I feel.like as person wa

A we had skills to developed
    There is no proof that the world is a ghost town.Each video focused on different aspects.In FakeGamerGirl video we can have relationships.

I am going to say.I think some fans of the community have a verry different idea when it comes to early acess games
    I play early acess games that are at the begin empty and buggy.Overtime they become more full.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,570 Member
    I am not surprised to see this. They showed a lot of modding options and possibilities but no interesting gameplay. Yes we can build a world and a shop but what are we going to do in that world and in that shop. Not to mention the world it's a ghost town so your character can only interact with objects.

I feel.like as person wa

There is no proof that the world is a ghost town.Each video focused on different aspects.In FakeGamerGirl video we can have relationships.

I am going to say.I think some fans of the community have a verry different idea when it comes to early acess games
    I play early acess games that are at the begin empty and buggy.Overtime they become more full.

I think the world looked lovely and some people love the open worlds and exploring them, but for me it needs to be immersive. If I play in a city then it needs to feel like a city, with lots of people, cars going by, etc. I saw several videos where characters were going to community type places and there were no other characters, not even NPCs in the shops and such. How are you going to have relationships if you can't even meet anyone else in the town? I had that same experience in TS3 and it was exhausting trying to keep other sims on the lot long enough to have a conversation with them let alone form a relationship. I know it's meant to be early access and the game still needs polishing, and people do have fun from customizing it and creating worlds and such but it needs to be fun to play as well. They've been showing videos about a year now and not much changed so I am not holding hope they will change it significantly in another year to something that I will enjoy playing. I think they might need to make the world more interactive, give it more purpose, if they can't get more sims on to an area, as I think the world is the main attraction of the open world gameplay. More adventure and exploration type gameplay rather than a sims type gameplay of shopping and cafes, etc.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,449 Member
    edited May 21
    Recently we could read “Why Project Rene Could Be Shooting Itself in the Foot By Waiting Much Longer”

but it seems nobody is ready to release a game yet, not even in "early access".

It's very sad because Life By You put a lot of pressure on Paralives team but Paradox released nothing 15 months later.

Now no new released date has been announced, inZOI and Paralives could be released before Life By You.
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • Options
    simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,477 Member
    inZOI has early access this year. It will be the first, no?
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • Options
    edited May 21
    @simmerorigin

... until they announce that they need more time ...

I prefer to remain skeptical about all these games for the next 5 years.

Even once released, it will take a long time to add content and improve them like Cyberpunk 2077 and most video games.
  • Options
    MiataPlayMiataPlay Posts: 6,359 Member
    The gaming industry is getting hit by cutbacks and layoffs just like other tech jobs right now.
  • Options
    inZOI has early access this year. It will be the first, no?

I don't think we have to worry about inzoi.Krafton made shooter's and rpgs.They probably saved a bunch of assets.
  • Options

I feel.like as person wa

I think the world looked lovely and some people love the open worlds and exploring them, but for me it needs to be immersive. If I play in a city then it needs to feel like a city, with lots of people, cars going by, etc. I saw several videos where characters were going to community type places and there were no other characters, not even NPCs in the shops and such. How are you going to have relationships if you can't even meet anyone else in the town? I had that same experience in TS3 and it was exhausting trying to keep other sims on the lot long enough to have a conversation with them let alone form a relationship. I know it's meant to be early access and the game still needs polishing, and people do have fun from customizing it and creating worlds and such but it needs to be fun to play as well. They've been showing videos about a year now and not much changed so I am not holding hope they will change it significantly in another year to something that I will enjoy playing. I think they might need to make the world more interactive, give it more purpose, if they can't get more sims on to an area, as I think the world is the main attraction of the open world gameplay. More adventure and exploration type gameplay rather than a sims type gameplay of shopping and cafes, etc.

This is where I disagree.I think the game did had enough .

They were relatioshipa,jobs ,and skills.I would paid for it..

As for the world you could make enough characters to fill it
    I understand if that's enough for you to buy.
  • Options

I feel.like as person wa

We have relationships, jobs and skills in TS4, they need to offer something more to make it interesting and different. Instead of the big city that doesn't do anything, I think it would be more fun if they focused on the open world and gave some nice cars, motorbikes, RVs, etc., with nice animations that you could use to travel around the world and repair and upgrade when needed. Have a gas station and an RV park or motel and lots of outdoorsy activities. They could still work on relationships and skills and jobs, but it would be on a smaller scale and the game wouldn't need to work that hard to summon characters and populate lots of community places.
  • Options
    edited May 22
    Just I was watching the Announcement Event (March 2023)
    "Life-simulation fans have been waiting for a game like this for a very long time, and you won't have to wait much longer."

This statement was a little ... unrealistic.
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,854 Member
    I think I will stay with the Sims forever.

Same, I'm so invested in Sims 4- not just money and time but my created families, lots and worlds. I wish they just add all the requested missing things and update it to simmers request- can play it forever.
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,422 Member

I feel.like as person wa

We have relationships, jobs and skills in TS4, they need to offer something more to make it interesting and different. Instead of the big city that doesn't do anything, I think it would be more fun if they focused on the open world and gave some nice cars, motorbikes, RVs, etc., with nice animations that you could use to travel around the world and repair and upgrade when needed. Have a gas station and an RV park or motel and lots of outdoorsy activities. They could still work on relationships and skills and jobs, but it would be on a smaller scale and the game wouldn't need to work that hard to summon characters and populate lots of community places.

They did add something new. Being able to mod in whatever you wanted instead of having to rely on a company to make DLC. In addition to that they offered open worlds with cross regional travel, a whole lot of vehicles, every lot in the world open, no loading screen to hop into a new household, built in T.O.O.L editor in the base game.

And Sims 4 is a shell of the previous Sims games. It's not ambitious in anyway, took multiple steps back in the name of being broadly accessible to all PCs, and feels like you're playing the game EA wants you to play instead of the game YOU actually want to play.
  • Options

I feel.like as person wa

They did add something new. Being able to mod in whatever you wanted instead of having to rely on a company to make DLC. In addition to that they offered open worlds with cross regional travel, a whole lot of vehicles, every lot in the world open, no loading screen to hop into a new household, built in T.O.O.L editor in the base game.

And Sims 4 is a shell of the previous Sims games. It's not ambitious in anyway, took multiple steps back in the name of being broadly accessible to all PCs, and feels like you're playing the game EA wants you to play instead of the game YOU actually want to play.

I know they want people to mod their game and are releasing tools to support that. I am sure many people will enjoy that aspect of it, but myself I would rather play than mod it. I don't see the attraction of the open world if it's going to present as devoid of characters and not even NPCs in community venues, I had that experience with TS3 and didn't enjoy it. To me, TS4 feels like a great improvement over TS3, both in terms of performance and gameplay.
  • Options
    pvrescue1pvrescue1 Posts: 83 Member
    Life by You was dead on arrival. Looks terrible, and it seems like it'll be an unoptimized mess too. I hope they prove me wrong.
  • Options
    edited May 25
    It's very strange that the news came from Paradox website / social media instead of Life By You website / social media.
    As if the team didn't make this decision by themselves and was ready to release the game in its current state.

Did Paradox HQ disapprove it ?

Rod Humble and his team have been silent this week.

• Options
    It's very strange that the news came from Paradox website / social media instead of Life By You website / social media.
    As if the team didn't make this decision by themselves and was ready to release the game in its current state.

Did Paradox HQ disapprove it ?

Rod Humble and his team have been silent this week.

I don’t think it’s cryptic. They say the game needs more time. Which is true. No hidden agenda.

IMG-4449.jpg
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • Options
    edited May 25
    Mattias Lilja has been appointed as Deputy CEO (Sweden) since April 10, 2024.

Just I'm surprised that the publisher (Sweden HQ) announced it instead of the US studio.
  • Options
    I think the publisher decided it was too early to release. This comes after the disappointing launch of Cities: Skylines 2. Probably, the studio wanted to release early access but the publisher had the final say.
  • Options
    edited May 27
    Paradox stock has lost half its value in the last 10 months.

Timeline

March 6, 2023 : Cities: Skylines 2 was revealed
    March 20, 2023 : Life By You was revealed

July 27, 2023 : Life By You is postponed
    August 1st, 2023 : Market Cap. $3.11 billion. Shareholders begin to leave.

October 24, 2023 : Cities: Skylines 2 was released
    November 12, 2023 : inZOI is revealed

February 2, 2024 : Life By You is postponed
    May 20, 2024 : Life By You is postponed

May 27, 2024 : Market Cap. $1.5 billion

(1 SEK Swedish Krona = $0.094)

3g4gqh4j961z.jpg
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • Options
    It seems this situation unlocked an additional investment.

Rod Humble is looking for Technical Animator, Art Director, Senior Engineer and Game Designer.

They replaced the staff?
  • Options
    edited June 3
  • Options
    Still no update :/.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file