Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Blue Moon Potions, Potables and Ponderings

Comments

• Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,658 Member
    edited June 2022
    @ModerateOsprey Thank you for the recommendation. Added, of course.

In a rather interesting occurrence, there are a few homeless... ahem... NearWolves in our world that can sometimes be seen stalking the citizens of Forgotten Hollow. After all of the excitement concerning our werewolf kin, your host took a break and left the bar to an associate for most of the day. But at about midnight, I came down to this...
    hwQV87w.png

Coincidence? Never. Nothing is left to mere chance at The Blue Moon.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,465 Member
    I told you but you didn't believe me. :wink:

*sniffs suspiciously*....

RRrr....

*grabs pawfull off kibbles and retreats to dark corner....watching....watching every move...*
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    Guess who has returned from the void. :hushed:

RI4vLaq.png
    If you guessed right, you'll know that this slightly portly and prematurely graying polymath is none other than Mr. Euclides Whipple, who only ever looks a bit fierce when he's doing Scruberoo. :lol:

8kOfFDb.png
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    @VeeDub I always suspected we’d see Mr. Whipple at The Blue Moon. He’s a very dapper gent. I hope Iosephina 1 won’t be too lonely without him.
  • Options
    cyncie wrote: »
    @VeeDub I always suspected we’d see Mr. Whipple at The Blue Moon. He’s a very dapper gent. I hope Iosephina 1 won’t be too lonely without him.

Ha! As it turned out, he never had the privilege of meeting her, or at least that's what he says. Seriously, the fellow is a genius, but he's also quite scatterbrained. He may have met her three or four times and forgot her every single time!
  • Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,357 Member
    @VeeDub I love both his looks and his name!
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Options
    @VeeDub I love both his looks and his name!

Thanks! I can't really take credit for the name, as it was randomly generated when he was in his first - very brief - life as a random barfly. However, I do feel wise in having felt that the name was far too perfect to let it go to waste. :lol:

I get the feeling that Mr. Whipple may be a cat person, so the first feline he meets which seems to want adopting will be adopted. It will be called Serendipity! I think I'll even include the exclamation point, if that's allowed in a pet name. And Serendipity! may also become his familiar. That part is yet undecided. He and the cat may hate each other, after all, and I may learn that he was a dog person all along. Oh well, if that happens, Serendipity! will make for an excellently ironic name for a pet that Mr. Whipple doesn't like. :grin:
  • Options
    Serendipity! Whipple has a charm all its own, doesn’t it?
  • Options

It does. In fact, it sounds like something to put on top of hot apple pie. Or I suppose plasma fruit pie could also work. No, I don't mean the cat on top of the pie. Unless... Ok, maybe whatever kind of pie werewolves would eat. :open_mouth:
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    Hey, I thought there'd be lots of celebrating in here. 🐺🍹🥂🍻
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,856 Member
    Yeah I've been waiting someone to get something started I could riff off of.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Greetings travelers.

@simgirl1010 It has been somewhat unusually quiet recently. We did, however, celebrate the announcement earlier. @MilutinMujovic was certainly correct in their predictions about the new arrivals. I would guess that has placed our resident lycanthrope, @CAPTAIN_NXR7, in a cautious mood. The rest of our regulars are waiting, I think.

@DaniRose2143 Welcome to The Blue Moon. How may we serve you?

As for your host, I’m available to discuss anything of interest. In the meantime, here’s a little something for the jukebox.

https://youtu.be/oJL-lCzEXgI
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    Hi!
    I disappeared from the forums around the time this thread came out and this is my first time noticing it.

I'd like to share one of my favorite Fantasy manipulations of The Sims 4.
    That was bringing back that green haired sage that was in the first teaser.
    https://youtu.be/L09ld07hEVc

When I first saw that fantastic green hair I was all... <3<3<3
    But then I found out she was replaced by Morgyn Ember and I was all... :s:s:s

But then I discovered that Morgyn is quite gender fluid and with a few tweaks...
    09-11-19_7-21-55nbspAM.png

I purposely did not make her identical to the green haired sage.
    I like purple and I gave her some eyebrows. Oh, and her name is now Morgaine Ember.

My sims gave her a key to the house.
    09-15-19_10-53-12nbspPM.png

She dropped by often for private lessons.
    09-15-19_10-55-48nbspPM.png

Yes, I love this sim.
    09-27-19_4-31-40nbspPM.png

That hair!
    09-28-19_8-53-34nbspAM.png

And I love Realm of Magic.
    09-27-19_4-03-52nbspPM.png
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    I hear you serve a fantastic Dim and Gusty. I think I'd like to find out if it's true.

And I approve of the music.
  • Options
    @CK213 Thank you for sharing, and welcome to The Blue Moon.

@DaniRose2143 One Dim and Gusty coming up. We’ve added quite a few wolf themed recommendations to the jukebox recently. I’m sure it’s not a coincidence. I’m also becoming quite curious about someone named Greg.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    @cyncie Thank you! It was even better than advertised.

Since you're going with a wolf theme, let me introduce you to Shea Wolfe.
    gSIRaP0.png

She is a sim with a deep and abiding love of her wolf brethren. But recently she's hearing howls deep in the night, that speak to her wolf blood. Every night those howls draw closer and closer. As they draw closer a song of the wild resonates within her, it sings in her wolf blood. She feels she must find this strange new pack, that her destiny lies with them.
    xDLnlr1.png?1

I'm thinking I have a good lawsuit for Maxis clearly ripping off the idea of Shea as inspiration for Rory. I could however let the whole thing drop if they comp me a copy of werewolves. And yes, Rory is my favorite of the premades we've seen. Of course there is that delicious Lou.....

ETA: Shea was a bit angry with me that I didn't include her favorite wolf themed song...
    https://youtu.be/st9UHmXpJHs
  • Options
    @DaniRose2143 It seems that many are hearing the call of the wild these days. I have a feeling Shea will find her calling soon. And thanks for the jukebox recommendation.
  • Options
    Greetings, fellow travelers! I've been off wandering in shadows, many shadows, seeking many things. Finding some, and letting go of others. But I'm very glad to return to the warm comfort of my favorite pub, and to see a new face or two among the usual suspects. So to speak. :sunglasses: Barkeep, surprise me with your own choice of something liquid and soothing, if you will.
  • Options
    VeeDub wrote: »

It does. In fact, it sounds like something to put on top of hot apple pie. Or I suppose plasma fruit pie could also work. No, I don't mean the cat on top of the pie. Unless... Ok, maybe whatever kind of pie werewolves would eat. :open_mouth:

*drooling*
  • Options
    Wait! Are these ladies Mooncasters? I feel.......a little light in the skull and... a wee bit weak in the paws.
    I believe I need a pick me up...or..... maybe...no...I.....😵‍💫

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1wgaFJ0750&amp;list=PL8N-q0zj6qoOwoFNyC9pDQyJ16ZNIfLiW&amp;index=3
  • Options
    Wait! Are these ladies Mooncasters? I feel.......a little light in the skull and... a wee bit weak in the paws.
    I believe I need a pick me up...or..... maybe...no...I.....😵‍💫

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1wgaFJ0750&amp;list=PL8N-q0zj6qoOwoFNyC9pDQyJ16ZNIfLiW&amp;index=3

I don't know what they are, but so much magic is in those voices and strings. Thanks for sharing that one with us!

Oh, and in case you wish to know, Euclides Whipple doesn't yet have his cat, but he does know the secrets of magical duplication. So whenever the cat does arrive there will be plenty of Serendipity! to go atop many pies favored by werewolves.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Maybe hanging around in here you guys can kick start some degree of interest in RoM for me. I've said it before, I loved the idea before it released, I wanted to love it when I sat down to play it the first time, and I've never gotten past the meh stage. I still desperately want to love it. Every time I sit down to play it, I tell myself this is it I'm going to love it, and I give up after 15 or 20 minutes. No matter how hard I try I just can't get into it, and it's bugging me. Show me, teach me, what am I missing? I love witches too much not to love this pack. Some spark is missing.

Then again you may want to wait a while. I have a funny feeling I may be preoccupied with one pack in particular for a bit.😉 Ahooooooo!
  • Options
    @DaniRose2143 I love RoM for the aesthetic and Morgyn Ember, but there are problems with the gameplay remaining compelling. I love that Spellcasters aren’t stereotypical witches. Magic is great, but because of the lack of autonomous use, it seems like an afterthought because it doesn’t meaningfully impact our sims daily lives without direction. Plus, once a sim maxes up their magic and earns their perks, they can nearly become super sims without any negatives, which makes their story less compelling. That has certainly happened to my version of Morgyn. He’s maxed up all areas of magic, herbalism, mixology, wellness, vampire lore, and is immortal. And, since he’s got all of the perks, his potions rarely fail and he has never been cursed. His super sim status leaves him no where to go, in game. It actually works for my story, but I have to invent reasons for him to have a bad day. I have learned not to max other Spellcasters up.

At the start, I was okay with the lack of autonomous magic in public, because, in my story, Spellcasters were in hiding. But, not using it on the home lot or in designated spaces is disappointing. Although, if you’ve never made a Spellcaster club, you should. They do cast spells autonomously then, and it’s mayhem!

Anyway, there are things I hope they fix in an update, but playing Spellcasters as part of a larger, magical, mystic world is how I keep it interesting. Plus, there are mods that add deadly spells or dark spells if you want to spice things up that way. I have the deadly spells mod, and it basically uses magic to cheat death types. It works well, but Morgyn sat down and cried about killing an evil sim. He’s a good Spellcaster.😀
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    @cyncie I am curious how the werewolf pack is going to affect RoM and Vampires. My one active save doesn't have any occults. I kind of want to keep it that way as much for the change of pace as the fact that they don't really fit the story. I haven't played the save where Shea is in almost a month. I got her story setup now it's just adding the werewolves and then I can pick it back up. That may be the perfect opening to bring RoM back into my gameplay. I'm hopeful that some of what we're getting with Werewolves will spice up spellcasters and finally get me into it. I haven't done a lot with vampires recently either now that I think about it. My little RomCom story thread has sort of taken over.

I definitely have to get back into occulting, soon. I'm losing my edge, but at the same time with my fondest wish about to be granted occult simming is going to be as fun as it has ever been. I'm hoping RoM will get swept into it.
    Post edited by DaniRose2143 on
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7 thank you for your recommendation for the jukebox.
    @VeeDub I’m sure Mr Whipple will find a suitable pet/familiar. Pie, or no pie.

Speaking of our Spellcaster friends, here’s another one for the jukebox.

https://youtu.be/7QyoRzZrF00

The Spotify list has become quite long and diverse! Link in my signature.

Or, here: Jukebox

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top