Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which aspect must be BG part in TS5?

Which aspect must be BG part in TS5? 30 votes

Pets (cats and dogs)
6%
LeGardePourprePurpleHeather 2 votes
Seasons (weather)
56%
GoodywoodIsb917Mariefoxprice83barracuda1574RebeccaThurstonMizzila1297OnverserDLatricegarapoesStrawberryYogurtBehappy1stInuMiroLoverSeashoreLiviaPatriceSimmingalGingasnap27EternalSunshine 17 votes
Green energy sources (mills, solar panels)
3%
luthienrising 1 vote
Chores (vacuuming, laundry)
16%
EnkiSchmidtCaveSimnerdfashioncarpe_diemMak27 5 votes
Another
16%
crocobauraredrogue60logionSERVERFRASimSoon 5 votes

Comments

• Options
    Gingasnap27Gingasnap27 Posts: 98 Member
    Seasons (weather)
    There are a lot of things that should be BG even if that means making the base a tad more expensive. (Perhaps an unpopular opinion…) Nevertheless, I’ve come to just adore the seasons and varying temperatures. I feel it adds this realism to the game that’s honestly quite irreplaceable!!
  • Options
    Mizzila1297Mizzila1297 Posts: 620 Member
    Seasons (weather)
    I put Seasons, since I feel it should be included most. But I think general chores like sweeping, vacuuming, maybe even cleaning gutters (if they have the proper roof type) would be really nice for a truly immersive life simulation :D
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    Another
    I think a lot of "basic" features should be BG, then Maxis will have the option to expand them with future packs.

So the game should have basic weather, pools, etc. and then Maxis can sell packs which expand upon these features. It will help with cross pack compatibility and add more depth to the game.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Another
    Cats, dogs, seasons, off the grid options and chores should be basegame. They could expand them later. Cats and dogs could be just basic mixed breed type animals, and they could add breeds and training and vets in an EP. They need to bring back chores like bed making watering of house plants and trimming of hedges. Sims do their bed automatically now, but I think it would be a nice touch if not everyone was that neat. Off the grid options, it should be possible for sims to live without buying a house, just a tent and options to cook on a campfire or grill, use the bushes for toilet and wash in a river or rain. I would love if they added seasons too in basegame, just basic changing weather, they could expand them with activities in an EP.
    Also it would be nice if they release less packs but with more content and adjust the price accordingly. Having game breaking patches every month is not fun.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Seasons (weather)
    Seasons/weather should've never been cut from the base game with 2 in the first place. They won't change though as it's been proven that people will not only buy it despite it being cut from the base game, but will even praise it... (See below for reference on it being planned for the base game)
    Weather was originally planned to be an element in The Sims 2, The Sims 2 preview at E3 2003 demonstrated rain and lightning effects.[68] However, it suffered from technical glitches. Rain would fall inside sim's homes and Maxis was unable to resolve it before launch.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,342 Member
    My vote goes to chores (dusting/vacuuming, laundry, lawn mowing, window cleaning).

Weather sounds nice in theory, but with each world now having a defined, unchangeable climate, I'd rather not have that forced on me. I hope they change that back in Sims 5, with a list of maybe six climates that the player can attach to the worlds however they see fit. (Although even then I'd probably still prefer chores in BG.)
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited September 2021
    Seasons (weather)
    Well I am really not ready to start another sims game from scratch so i would probably stay with ts4 and older

Unless ts5 miraculously has the following which it probably will not:
    • Seasons
    • More/better occults than sims 4
    • Historical themes
    • nothing that utterly annoys me
    • couple dancing :lol: i learnt my lesson with ts4 man... so many years of missing one small interaction dang it. and still counting.

historical and occults is more of own special interest though but i just can't think of anything else that would be mega cool and undoable in ts4 that would make me think ts5 is needed and go get it immediately

tbh it should probably be like ts2 made historical with occults yeah thats the one.

pretty sure it won't be tho so no interest
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    CaveSimCaveSim Posts: 99 Member
    Maybe sweeping or take out trash, like parenthood
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Another
    Personally, Sims 5 shouldn't exist. :s
  • Options
    SimSoonSimSoon Posts: 55 Member
    Another
    I actively like the permanent sunshine. I would vote for... apartments, for "please be base game".
  • Options
    Mak27Mak27 Posts: 1,114 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Personally, Sims 5 shouldn't exist. :s

For 2030
  • Options
    redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,053 Member
    Another
    Here is my list of desired things that don't usually come in Base Game that I'd actually like in Base Game
    • Laundry Room - Washer & Dryer, Clothing Lines, Laundry Hampers
    • Garages - Working Garage Doors, Driveways
    • Closets - Coat Closets, Coat Racks, Walk in closet build pieces and the big woo-hoo spot Closets
    • Spiral Staircases
    • Basements & Attics
    • Swimming Pools

The reason for my position is that these are all things that are a pain in the rear to retrofit into prebuilt homes. If they are all in the Base Game then these are all things that will be used in all kinds of builds like Apartments later on down the road.

That being said if they wanted to add rudimentary Weather, Temperature, Seasons AND the Season Chooser window for neighborhoods, and Moon Phases I'd be pleased even if I spent more on the Base Game if they did not skimp on usual features. But only IF they made it clear that they would build upon the rudimentary weather with special weather types in later packs for example the introduce Egypt and they gave us Sandstorms, or a Tropical Island and added Hurricanes, or the English Countryside and gave us Fog, or a Ski town and added snow depth and blizzards. Also IF they added things consistently like Holidays, Holiday Traditions, Holiday Decor, the Calendar and event planning, The Gardiner, Garden Club & other similar clubs, Garden Judges etc on a regular or semi regular manner. That way anything that comes afterward has to take the Seasons and weather into consideration.

“All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited September 2021
    Pets (cats and dogs)
    Pets because it's not normal to forget to add a Dog gameplay in all the packs, like the toddlers they are members of the household.
    • Dog Spa Day
    • Dog Jungle Adventure
    • Infected Dog in Strangerville
    • Batuu Alien Dog
    • Sixam Alien Dog
    • Dogs Get Famous
    • Dogs Get Together
    • Vampire Dogs :p