Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rose's Eyes Mafia (Mafia Win)

TheRoseHorseTheRoseHorse Posts: 7,300 Member
edited September 2021 in Off Topic Chat
Welcome to Rose's Eyes Mafia.
Here is the setup to the game.
Here is Rose's afterlife discord server.

Main Rules:
1. I will post all my game posts in purple. Do not post in this color.
2. This is a mafia game. You shouldn't take it personally.
3. I will use random.org when picking your role. It's not our fault if you don't get the role you want.
4. All times posted will be in CDT (Central Daylight Time).
5. I will not be using the hammer mechanic.
6. Whoever has the most votes at the end of the day will be eliminated. In the case of a tie, whoever had that number of votes first will be eliminated. If someone unvotes to cause the tie, the person who had more votes before the unvote will be eliminated.
7. Unvoting is allowed. Voting No Elimination is not allowed.
8. Bold/Capitalize your vote or it doesn't count. Please format like this: Vote: Rose or VOTE ROSE
9. Avoid talking on topic during night. You're all supposed to be asleep, after all. Talking off-topic is fine.
10. Those who have the ability to use a night action, Please PM me during the night phase.
11. Day/Night Phases will last 24 hr unless otherwise specified. If someone is inactive for 2 full Day phases, the player will automatically be modkilled or replaced without further notification. So if you'll be away for 3+ days then PM me.
12. You must not post direct quotes from the host in the game thread. Paraphrasing what was said is fine.
13. You cannot edit your post unless I told you to do so. If you need to edit a post, quote the post and edit the quoted version.
14. You cannot PM anyone about the game unless your role allows you to and I have set up the chat for you.
15. Role Claiming is allowed.
16. Please try and be as active as possible. Inactivity makes the game boring.
17. Any Newbie Players must be respected. We've all been there, so you should be a guide for them.
18. If you're not in the game, whether you're dead or not in the game at all, try not to talk on topic.
19. This is still The Sims Forums for us Sims Players and not a Mafia Site. You should be familiar with the forum rules.
20. By signing up, you are agreeing to these rules. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or post on the thread.

Rules Regarding Replacing A Player:
1. VT's that are killed/eliminated are eligible to be put on the replacement list. Town PR's eliminated on D1 may also be eligible to replace. Let me know if you want to replace if needed.
2. Anyone who wants to be a replacement, let me know and you will also go on the replacement list.
3. If I need a replacement, I will take the person at the top of the list.
4. You can only replace 1 person; so if you are killed, replace someone, and are killed again, or simply replace someone and are killed; you will NOT be put on the replacement list again.

Mechanics:
1. Daystart
2. The Mafia Roleblocker cannot roleblock and kill on the same night.

Roles:
1. 1 Mafia Goon
2. 1 Mafia Roleblocker
3. 1 Tracker
4. 1 Watcher
5. 3 VT's

Players:
1. Snow: Eliminated Day 1- VT
2. Mouse
3. Luna: Killed Night 1- Town Tracker
4. Dekay
5. Nush: Eliminated Day 2- VT
6. Justa
7. Bella

Replacement List:

Links to Days and Nights:
Voting History:
Day 1
Final Vote Count:
Snow (3)- Bella, Luna, Nush
Luna (2)- Mouse, Justa
Bella (1)- Dekay
Day 2
Final Vote Count:
Nush (2)- Dekay, Mouse
Mouse (1)- Nush
Even the Most Beautiful Rose has been through the Dirt
Post edited by TheRoseHorse on

Comments

• Options
    Snowleopard_0Snowleopard_0 Posts: 228 Member
    I would love to play sometime! I'd like to have a bit more clarification on where we would play.
    she/her- Gallery ID is Solaranimal1
    Someone who cries to minecraft music
    (Hey guys, can someone tell me how to put a picture here?)
  • Options
    MousellineMouselline Posts: 4,845 Member
    I would love to play sometime! I'd like to have a bit more clarification on where we would play.

We would play on this thread.

Ill join!
  • Options

Welcome. Love to have you.
  • Options
    xLunaSimsxxLunaSimsx Posts: 6,719 Member
    ME ME ME
    MPy9H9S.gif
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,642 Member

How familiar are you with mafia games?

And I'll play, Rose.

@Nushnushganay, you wanna play?
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    I'll try and get a setup and rules posted asap. Same with the player list.
    I have to work tonight so I'll try and do it after work.
  • Options
    NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    DeKay wrote: »

How familiar are you with mafia games?

And I'll play, Rose.

@Nushnushganay, you wanna play?

yes, and thanks for pinging me or I might have missed it!
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    It's a maybe from me
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    Ok. I'm going to edit the page with basic rules tomorrow. And set a start date for Day 1 for Saturday. I'll give a specific time as soon as I can. Also know that timings may be a bit wonky here and there cause of my schedule, but I will do my best to keep it as consistent as I can.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Subject to change if noone signs up. That goes for the above post as well
  • Options
    Justa_G00fJusta_G00f Posts: 1,075 Member
    Is it too late to join? I've never done anything like this though.
    How your Sims builds show your meds' effectiveness

ntq84Hk.jpg
  • Options
    Justa_G00f wrote: »
    Is it too late to join? I've never done anything like this though.

Nope, it's not too late. Welcome. Don't be afraid to ask questions if you need to.
  • Options
    I'll wait until you post the rules as I don't even know what to ask at this point. lol @Nushnushganay explained the basics but I'll have to get a feel for things as I go. Just as long as that's not a problem.

Thank you for the welcome! 😊

ntq84Hk.jpg
  • Options
    I'll try and get basic rules posted as soon as I can.
    But to get a good feel for how games usually work, I'd recommend reading this.
    And if you end up liking it, I'd recommend following our Masterlist where we post our upcoming games.
  • Options
    I checked it out and think it's over my head at this point. Is there a way to just observe for now?

ntq84Hk.jpg
  • Options
    bellagorillabellagorilla Posts: 6,891 Member
    I uhh, totally forgot to sign-up :sweat_smile: but it looks like the game didn't happen when it was planned to anyways?
    7dW3gu7.gif
    Most likely caught as scum and best theme-Google Translate, 4th annual Scummies win!
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    I checked it out and think it's over my head at this point. Is there a way to just observe for now?

Yeah. That's fine.
    Post edited by TheRoseHorse on
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,642 Member

Honestly, that thread has way too much info for you to understand. 🤣 I wouldn't fret over it. The best way to understand the game is to just play it and learn along the way. Cuz when you're observing, you cannot ask questions on the game thread and I can guarantee that you would still be confused when you do play in the future games and then you will still have to ask questions again. 😆 So might as well just go for it now if you want to. We won't force you tho. 😅

But the basic gist of the game is:

If you are a townie: You are good and you need to find out who the mafia are and eliminate them during the day time. Town wins when you eliminate all the mafia.

If you are a mafia: You are a baddie and your job is to act like you're a townie, while trying to eliminate townies during the day and mafia can also have one nightkill each night to get rid of a townie. And in most games, if you are a mafia, you will also have mafia buddie(s) and you will win when you take over more than half of the population.

That's about it, really. And there are also other stuff like having power roles (so like special abilities that you can do at night such as protecting someone from getting killed, or investigating on someone). But this will all depend on the setup of the game. Every game has a pretty unique set up.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Yeah. What Dekay said the best way to understand it is to play it in all honesty. I probably should have just left the link be for now cause come to think of it, it really is a lot of information to take in. I'll let you think it over. The game will start Saturday, so just let me know by then. I've been busy with school work so I haven't been able to update the main post besides adding a player list.
    Also, @icmnfrsh if you could let me know if you are playing or not asap that would be great.
  • Options
    @TheRoseHorse I'll take @DeKay 's advice and play, just as long as I'm not going to ruin it for the other players. Sorry to be so wishy washy.

ntq84Hk.jpg
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Yeah. What Dekay said the best way to understand it is to play it in all honesty. I probably should have just left the link be for now cause come to think of it, it really is a lot of information to take in. I'll let you think it over. The game will start Saturday, so just let me know by then. I've been busy with school work so I haven't been able to update the main post besides adding a player list.
    Also, icmnfrsh if you could let me know if you are playing or not asap that would be great.

I know there aren't a lot of players right now, but I'm too distracted atm to focus properly on Mafia. I'll just join some other time
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    @TheRoseHorse I'll take @DeKay 's advice and play, just as long as I'm not going to ruin it for the other players. Sorry to be so wishy washy.

Don't worry about ruining it for others. We all had to start somewhere, and you can always ask questions if you need to. We're more than happy to help you out.
    bluedanube wrote: »
    Townies adopt the role of both civilian and cop?

I'm not sure exactly what you're asking, but townies would be your alignment (town or mafia) and civilian (we call them Vanilla Townies of VT's) or cop would be your specific role. A cop would have the ability to investigate someone at night to find out if they are town or mafia whereas a VT wouldn't have anything they could do during the night phase. I hope this helps some. Are you interested in joining?
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    Also, icmnfrsh if you could let me know if you are playing or not asap that would be great.

I know there aren't a lot of players right now, but I'm too distracted atm to focus properly on Mafia. I'll just join some other time

Alright, no problem.

For those that have signed up, I'm going to try to get basic rules set up tonight and look at a few setups so you'll know what to expect. Since we have newer players, expect a more basic setup.
  • Options
    xLunaSimsxxLunaSimsx Posts: 6,719 Member
    I’m good with basic. I haven’t played in like months if not a year😭
    MPy9H9S.gif
  • Options
    So, I've decided on a setup for if noone else signs up. I'm trying to work through my schedule to figure out what will work best for me, but for now, plan a Saturday 6pm CDT start with a longer Day 1 (due to me being at work) And a shorter Night 1 (to get the timing back on track after the longer Day 1) This is subject to change as I don't have my work schedule for next week yet.
    Sign ups will close when I get home from work Friday night (I close and will be home between 10-11pm CDT) with roles being sent out shortly after.
    I will post rules in between classes tomorrow with the 7 player setup I have chosen. Setup is subject to change if we get more people.
    If there are any questions, don't hesitate to ask.