Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Redo an in-game house

cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
We all love to build, decorate, and/or tweak those homes in our games to make them better suited to our individual styles and/or game play. Everyone has their own likes and their own way of building and playing. I thought it might be interesting to see what unique options others might choose, what their priorities might be, and perspectives we might have thought of.

I looked at the empty homes in Riverview and found one that peaked my interest How would this look and play with a different floor plan? Could I change it up to my liking and still keep it relatively affordable? I am interested in seeing what your thoughts are and how you might approach the same build with different ideas.

The lot is located at 50 Ely Road along the river close to Broke's.

Let me know your thoughts and share your pics here if you would like to look at this in your game.

screenshot-2-e1622562097413.jpg

screenshot.jpg

Comments

• Options
    KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    Surprise!! It's been a long time since I last posted anything on here. I don't think I have even loaded my game for at least 8-10 months. I hope all is well with you.

But I do check in here from time to time and saw your thread and I can't believe that there are no responses :( . So I just had to get in game and do a remake just for you :smiley:

Here is my redo of the Low Water you showed: I took out a bunch of walls, brightened every thing up with new paint and floors, recolored everything and upgraded a few items.

Cost before - 17,791
    After - 18,717

51241527829_35c06ccc6f_h.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Then I spotted Tish Cottage down the street (27 Lost Willow Road) It was originally a 2 br, 1 bath. I changed i up to a one bedroom and enlarged the living space. I added a slider door to have access to the back yard and of course recolored everything. I did change out the front door.

Before --15,974 After - 16,587
    Before

51240969203_3cf64bf734_h.jpg

After

51240061787_07f830102d_h.jpg

Interior Before

51240969728_1b62298911_h.jpg

Interior After

51240970593_62223adb31_h.jpg
  • Options
    suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    Nice to see you two having some fun with this idea. :) Busy here with ground-up things in empty-ish towns, so I don't have anything to offer at the moment but would love to see some more.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Yay @Kgaff (and @suzses)! Love your beautiful color schemes and the way you kept the price down! The new floor plans work really well too. (I really did NOT like the way the original floor plan was: your hallway makes it so much better! In my version, the price went well over a starter unless you started with a family and therefore had more money. My version added an upstairs, so it became a three bedroom home with more baths and laundry.)

I am so glad you kept going @Kgaff and picked another house to do-over too. That was my original intent, though I didn't express that well. I am interested in everyone's do-overs. :smiley:

Thanks to both of you for stopping by, and giving me a reason to sign in versus just lurking.