Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THE one & only 'Star Wars: Journey to Batuu' complaining thread!

Comments

• Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    logion wrote: »
    6SbnPE4.png

:|

BLUE MILK!! That’s the gameplay I’ve wanted my whole life!! I’ll spend my life’s saving for this pack now!!!

*Sarcasm* :D:D

giphy.gif

**I know it's green milk but this is what I thought of**

• Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @KaeChan2089

hahahaha very funny :)
  • Options
    MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    6SbnPE4.png

BLUE MILK!! That’s the gameplay I’ve wanted my whole life!! I’ll spend my life’s saving for this pack now!!!

giphy.gif

**I know it's green milk but this is what I thought of**

Lol that was the same thing i thought of because some people were hating on this scene when that movie came out XD
  • Options
    SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    edited September 2020
    Dakota88 wrote: »
    netney52 wrote: »
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Am I the only person who finds it interesting since the trailer dropped the gurus haven’t made any comments about what is coming in the pack? Usually when trailers drop they answer questions about the pack I haven’t seen this yet with this pack I find it quite interesting how quiet they are being.

Yeah agreed, even GC are surprisingly quiet about it, James Turner aside

Yes I’ve also noticed that too only really seen reaction videos from James and English simmer who I know she was excitied for the pack prior to the trailer as she released a reaction video to the icon leak. I wasn’t convinced by lilsimsie reaction. There’s the thread on the forum of the sourced info (usually very good informative threads) and by now it would have lots of details in it currently it has the info realised from trailer and the webpage.

I know this is OT: But another reason for me to dislike the English Simmer. I really dislike her, she's been vocal about not wanting EA to add more family gameplay and activities for all life stages for years now (just remember that video about her really not wanting preteens). I got angry about it in the past because game changers are heard by EA and I don't want that person to destroy my sandbox game by saying repeatedly that simmers don't want family gameplay. She's the only game changer being that vocal about the things she doesn't want EA to add, no other game changer does this. I think it's just so rude and ugh, I really dislike her. I even dislike the content she creates.

Sorry, just had to get that out of my system. :neutral: I've been angry about her for years and it does not surprise me in the slightest that THIS pack is something that the English Simmer would like and be excited about.

Really sorry, I am usually not that negative about people, even if I don't like them, but I just can't with the English Simmer...

Does she? I thought she wanted more family stuff. But I don’t really watch her content. All I know is she is very critical of the sims 3.

Yep she made 2 videos or something about not wanting preteens and stuff. She said they'd ruin the game! She didn't even just say she didn't want them, to her they'd ruin (!) the game. You just don't say thing slike that as a game changer, sorry. I mean you can be against preteens, some people are and it's legit, it's a legit opinion, you are entitled to your opinion and of course the English Simmer is too. But I just didn't like the way she handled it and told EA what not to add...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGMHd686eXM

This is a recent video of hers (I can't believe I just wasted my time watching her video and even got her a 1/1000 of a dollar income for clicking on it, but I watched it to do her justice in case I was wrong, but apparently I wasn't). No mention of family gameplay whatsoever. She even explains how she didn't want cars earlier, but now she does (she probably got much backlash because of not wanting them and "does want cars" now if you get what I mean).

The English Simmer is THE ONLY GAME CHANGER who is VERY vocal about the things she does NOT want. The other game changers don't do that. Yes, they do say their opinions on things, even if they don't like something they'll say it, but they don't say that they specifically don't want certain content. The English Simmer has been doing that for years. I didn't even know she disliked cars, but apparently, as the video shows, she's been vocal about that too in the past.

And I think as a game changer you have a certain responsibility for the Sims community. Of course you can have your opinion and of course you can speak for yourself and say what you like and dislike. But I don't think game changers should use their voice to tell EA that they specifically don't want them to add certain content because lots of community members will want exactly that certain type of content and it's simply unjust to abuse the voice you've been given by EA as a game changer like that, if you know what I mean...
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    6SbnPE4.png

They spend so much time creating lighsabers, droids, costumes...

But apparently it was too difficult to color the milk blue. :D

They didn't? *looks again* Huh...I thought there was a slight blue tinge, but maybe that's just the light...or the power of suggestion.

Oh wow, I didn’t even notice that’s it’s not even blue at all. I thought it might be a slight tint of blue, but in reality it’s just white milk. LAME
  • Options
    6SbnPE4.png

They should've called it Sims 4: Blue Milk.
    Then they'd be drowning in money.

Lol The Sims 4: Blue Milk sounds like an alien version of w.i.c.k.e.d w.h.i.m.s :D:D
  • Options
    Am I the only person who finds it interesting since the trailer dropped the gurus haven’t made any comments about what is coming in the pack? Usually when trailers drop they answer questions about the pack I haven’t seen this yet with this pack I find it quite interesting how quiet they are being.

Yes I’ve also noticed that too only really seen reaction videos from James and English simmer who I know she was excitied for the pack prior to the trailer as she released a reaction video to the icon leak. I wasn’t convinced by lilsimsie reaction. There’s the thread on the forum of the sourced info (usually very good informative threads) and by now it would have lots of details in it currently it has the info realised from trailer and the webpage.

I know this is OT: But another reason for me to dislike the English Simmer. I really dislike her, she's been vocal about not wanting EA to add more family gameplay and activities for all life stages for years now (just remember that video about her really not wanting preteens). I got angry about it in the past because game changers are heard by EA and I don't want that person to destroy my sandbox game by saying repeatedly that simmers don't want family gameplay. She's the only game changer being that vocal about the things she doesn't want EA to add, no other game changer does this. I think it's just so rude and ugh, I really dislike her. I even dislike the content she creates.

Sorry, just had to get that out of my system. :neutral: I've been angry about her for years and it does not surprise me in the slightest that THIS pack is something that the English Simmer would like and be excited about.

Really sorry, I am usually not that negative about people, even if I don't like them, but I just can't with the English Simmer...

Does she? I thought she wanted more family stuff. But I don’t really watch her content. All I know is she is very critical of the sims 3.

Yep she made 2 videos or something about not wanting preteens and stuff. She said they'd ruin the game! She didn't even just say she didn't want them, to her they'd ruin (!) the game. You just don't say thing slike that as a game changer, sorry. I mean you can be against preteens, some people are and it's legit, it's a legit opinion, you are entitled to your opinion and of course the English Simmer is too. But I just didn't like the way she handled it and told EA what not to add...

This is a recent video of hers (I can't believe I just wasted my time watching her video and even got her a 1/1000 of a dollar income for clicking on it, but I watched it to do her justice in case I was wrong, but apparently I wasn't). No mention of family gameplay whatsoever. She even explains how she didn't want cars earlier, but now she does (she probably got much backlash because of not wanting them and "does want cars" now if you get what I mean).

The English Simmer is THE ONLY GAME CHANGER who is VERY vocal about the things she does NOT want. The other game changers don't do that. Yes, they do say their opinions on things, even if they don't like something they'll say it, but they don't say that they specifically don't want certain content. The English Simmer has been doing that for years. I didn't even know she disliked cars, but apparently, as the video shows, she's been vocal about that too in the past.

And I think as a game changer you have a certain responsibility for the Sims community. Of course you can have your opinion and of course you can speak for yourself and say what you like and dislike. But I don't think game changers should use their voice to tell EA that they specifically don't want them to add certain content because lots of community members will want exactly that certain type of content and it's simply unjust to abuse the voice you've been given by EA as a game changer like that, if you know what I mean...

Can't stand to look at her face.
  • Options
    edited September 2020

Don't be hateful. Constructive critisism is always okay. But I don't want anyone to be hateful against her now. You can dislike her, I certainly do dislike her for the reasons stated above, but don't hate on her like that please :)
  • Options

Don't be hateful. Constructive critisism is always okay. But I don't want anyone to be hateful against her now. You can dislike her, I certainly do dislike her for the reasons stated above, but don't hate on her like that please :)

Sorry.
  • Options

Sorry.

It's okay :) Just want to be clear that no one should hate on her now. It's okay to critisize! But please, no hate :)
  • Options
    What do you think Disney thinks of all this, since Disney owns Star Wars?
    I posted this in another thread, but Disney tries their best to avoid any scandals and uproar. They want to be the most family friendly company on the planet. This sort of uproar isn't good for their brand.
    Do you think Disney will revoke their Star Wars contract with EA? It's clear EA doesn't know what they're doing with Star Wars, or any of their games for that matter.
    Could this hurt the relationship between EA and Disney?
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    The pack looks completely empty, I'm not even sure what the point is with it? You can't even live in the new world!
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    I posted this in another thread, but Disney tries their best to avoid any scandals and uproar. They want to be the most family friendly company on the planet. This sort of uproar isn't good for their brand.
    Do you think Disney will revoke their Star Wars contract with EA? It's clear EA doesn't know what they're doing with Star Wars, or any of their games for that matter.

I actually would laugh if they revoke them LMAO!
  • Options
    CemirrorCemirror Posts: 61 Member
    Is anyone else just getting like massive second-hand embarrassment? Like I knew this was a bad idea back a few weeks ago when I realized the speculation was right, and I was really angry myself. But now that a HUGE swath of other people are angry and seeing the Sim gurus try to defend themselves, my face is just constantly poised in an expression of "YIKES!" while reading the news about this. Even when it's news outlets being like "Everyone is so happy about this and my wife didn't at all leave me yesterday!" I'm just like "AAAAAIIIIISH." I think it would be very smart for the gurus to tease a new expansion pack for November based around a theme they know people have been explicitly asking for a while. VERY smart... Think we need something shiny to pacify the community after this...
  • Options
    EveryDaySimEveryDaySim Posts: 193 Member
    I'm laughing again.

I can't stop laughing.............
  • Options
    JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member

Sorry.

Don’t be sorry. You said nothing wrong. Her face expression is unnecessary
  • Options
    Komura wrote: »
    When I had chronic pain and insomnia I watched two episodes of the Sims Sparkd. (Don’t judge me)

I strongly got the impression from Ninja he doesn’t understand his game on a fundamental level. He was very critical of the storytellers when actually their story telling was severely limited by his game!

He doesn’t seem very nice tbh...

He really doesn't...he has a smart butt attitude.
  • Options
    bookish_sammybookish_sammy Posts: 223 Member
    Cemirror wrote: »
    Is anyone else just getting like massive second-hand embarrassment? Like I knew this was a bad idea back a few weeks ago when I realized the speculation was right, and I was really angry myself. But now that a HUGE swath of other people are angry and seeing the Sim gurus try to defend themselves, my face is just constantly poised in an expression of "YIKES!" while reading the news about this. Even when it's news outlets being like "Everyone is so happy about this and my wife didn't at all leave me yesterday!" I'm just like "AAAAAIIIIISH." I think it would be very smart for the gurus to tease a new expansion pack for November based around a theme they know people have been explicitly asking for a while. VERY smart... Think we need something shiny to pacify the community after this...

Sadly, I don't think they care to pacify the community. I could be wrong, but my opinion of the Sims team has soured. The custom content creators have already cracked bunk beds. Other modders have given us slow dancing and are almost done turning Sims 4 into an open world. We also one who is working on spiral stairs. People who aren't getting paid are doing things that the Gurus claim isn't possible or is too hard because it requires animations. Well, I want to know why these people are working as game developers if they don't know how to do animations!

I am also 🐸🐸🐸🐸 that we keep spending all of this money on SP, GP, EP and barely get anything for our money. I'm from the generation that remembers my games being substantially impacted by each EP. Not only did we get over 100 new objects (or there about), but we also got new animations, reactions, and activities for them to do. If any of you want to feel even more disappointed by Sims 4, go back and watch trailers for Sims 2 games.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited September 2020

I'm not sure, they might see Maxis just making this pack somewhat of a success. EA have cancelled a lot of Star Wars games in early development...

While EA did not make Disney happy with Star Wars Battlefront II and it's microtransactions, the game probably sold well, and Respawn Entertainment probably made Disney very happy with their game Star Wars Jedi: Fallen order which sold very well, and is also a really good game because Respawn Entertainment are very good at what they are doing. I'm pretty sure that they will make a sequel.

We will see if Disney will renew the license and let EA keep making Star Wars games, I think there needs to be more reasons for them to consider not renewing it.
  • Options
    ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    That SimsVIP interview had me shaking my head in awe of it all. Not in a good way either. These parts in particular really got me.
    We have a lot of Star Wars fans here on The Sims, and we have always wanted to incorporate it into a larger, more fleshed out gameplay experience.
    The goal was to build an authentic Star Wars experience and the only way to fully incorporate the sights and sounds into The Sims was to experience Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge first-hand. Myself and a small group of artists and designers spent three full days there capturing reference for rock formations, textures, audio, guest behavior, and just trying to get a sense of what it would be like to translate Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge into our game.
    Star Wars is all about storytelling, and The Sims provides players with an opportunity to tell their own stories. When we were developing Journey to Batuu we wanted to ensure players had all of the tools they needed to create their Star Wars story on Batuu.
    The Sims 4 is all about player choice and storytelling.
    If you have ever wanted to explore the world of Star Wars and create your own story, this is a perfect experience for you.
    Once you arrive on Batuu, there are so many authentic Star Wars moments and objects, you are only limited by your own imagination and creativity.

All this energy and time put into making this pack good (I'm assuming), where has this energy been though the entirety of this game? There's barely a more fleshed out gameplay experience in general like the previous games provided. There are still tools that we don't have to tell non Star Wars stories but they (supposedly) provided Star Wars fans with the tools to tell theirs? To the point where they're (again, supposedly) only limited by their imagination and creativity? Because I don't know a lot about Star Wars but I'd imagine depending on the story a player wants to tell, if their new to The Sims they'll be sorely disappointed unless modders come through.

This is the Sims game that takes place in an alternate universe so they'd have more creative control, likely so they wouldn't have to keep up with The Sims lore when they could've simply created all new families and lore instead and just told players not to expect too many favorites. So they're using their Star Wars fan knowledge, a 3 day learning trip to Disneyworld, plus access to LucasFilms to get this right but they can't even get their own characters right?
    Raise your hand if you aren’t surprised because you already knew Lindsay along with the other leadership at Maxis (producers) PICK WHAT THEY WANT TO MAKE.

✋🏼

✋🏽
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    I think the issue is the game developers are out of touch.They make packs base on trends, or what they want in the game.

This is so true, the devs are all thirty something men who hardcore game with first person shooters. They wouldn’t play the sims on their own time. They have NO idea what we’d like to play.

And they don’t care. They’re earning a paycheck. They aren’t passionate about the game.

I can’t WAIT for Paralives— a game that is being developed with PASSION, not a paycheck.

Didnt sims start like that and for all we know paralives could go the same way or even worse ea buys it of them because they are to scared to lose their precious money

I know! I’m so worried about that! 😭😭😭

I need to apologize to all the men out there that I smeared.

It’s a woman dev who’s the culprit. I stand corrected. Just shows how badly out of touch all the devs are. It’s like this game is their personal playground.

Here’s her admission: JWfLPGv.png

If men had to say a word in TS4 it wouldn't be so terribly girlish.

Erm there are many, many men working on the Sims 4.

I know, it was just a joke. But I found the idea that the game is missing its audience because 30something male devs are doing guys stuff so absurd. This game is so made for teenage girls that almost no male simmers are left (look at the polls in this forum). If the Star Wars pack was made for older guys I would celebrate it. But look at the gameplay trailer ...

Lol! How could someone not know we were joking??

I’m laughing hysterically now. 😂🤣😝😭
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    Oh the toxic masculinity that entered this thread.

LUVVVV!!!!
    Raise your hand if you aren’t surprised because you already knew Lindsay along with the other leadership at Maxis (producers) PICK WHAT THEY WANT TO MAKE.

✋🏼

This is the freaking truth.

Sigh.

😳
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    The following question bothered me in the interview with Antonio Romeo as it feels like proof of their younger players only intentions who will probably come on board requiring to purchase the Sims 4 base game as well to get their first look at Sims Disney Star Wars.. proving yet again money is king in this younger player targeted 2 for one money grab fest.

StarWars.com: This seems like a great gateway into The Sims for those who’ve never played it. What would you tell Star Wars fans in that category?

Also the tweet responses from Lyndsay Pearson where several players appear to be politely asking why the game cannot have the basics plus all the bugs fixed before putting out yet another pack voted bottom of the list got met with a "so what" kind of attitude this is what we wanted to do this time???? indicating the game has nothing to do with The Sims community anymore either. Plus no response at all to the question about more game depth or ever fixing those pesky annoying bugs we have come to know and suffer from with repeated regularity..

About says it all to me..

This is why we need to not buy, folks. Send a message loud and clear!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg