Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THE one & only 'Star Wars: Journey to Batuu' complaining thread!

Comments

• Options
    SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    Do ya'll think they're going to bother with a livestream? The pack is released in 1 week. Shouldn't they be announcing that soon?

Also, I wonder what Disney is thinking of all the backlash.....

I don't think they have enough shame not to.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I think the issue is the game developers are out of touch.They make packs base on trends, or what they want in the game.

This is so true, the devs are all thirty something men who hardcore game with first person shooters. They wouldn’t play the sims on their own time. They have NO idea what we’d like to play.

And they don’t care. They’re earning a paycheck. They aren’t passionate about the game.

I can’t WAIT for Paralives— a game that is being developed with PASSION, not a paycheck.

Didnt sims start like that and for all we know paralives could go the same way or even worse ea buys it of them because they are to scared to lose their precious money

I know! I’m so worried about that! 😭😭😭

I need to apologize to all the men out there that I smeared.

It’s a woman dev who’s the culprit. I stand corrected. Just shows how badly out of touch all the devs are. It’s like this game is their personal playground.

Here’s her admission: JWfLPGv.png

If men had to say a word in TS4 it wouldn't be so terribly girlish.

Erm there are many, many men working on the Sims 4.

I know, it was just a joke. But I found the idea that the game is missing its audience because 30something male devs are doing guys stuff so absurd. This game is so made for teenage girls that almost no male simmers are left (look at the polls in this forum). If the Star Wars pack was made for older guys I would celebrate it. But look at the gameplay trailer ...

Oh sorry, it’s far too late for me and I’m tired. Must get coffee!
  • Options
    KomuraKomura Posts: 229 Member
    When I had chronic pain and insomnia I watched two episodes of the Sims Sparkd. (Don’t judge me)

I strongly got the impression from Ninja he doesn’t understand his game on a fundamental level. He was very critical of the storytellers when actually their story telling was severely limited by his game!

He doesn’t seem very nice tbh...
  • Options
    🤚🏻🤚🏻🤚🏻
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,193 Member
    I think the issue is the game developers are out of touch.They make packs base on trends, or what they want in the game.

This is so true, the devs are all thirty something men who hardcore game with first person shooters. They wouldn’t play the sims on their own time. They have NO idea what we’d like to play.

And they don’t care. They’re earning a paycheck. They aren’t passionate about the game.

I can’t WAIT for Paralives— a game that is being developed with PASSION, not a paycheck.

Didnt sims start like that and for all we know paralives could go the same way or even worse ea buys it of them because they are to scared to lose their precious money

It’s a woman dev who’s the culprit. I stand corrected. Just shows how badly out of touch all the devs are. It’s like this game is their personal playground.

Here’s her admission: JWfLPGv.png

This is depressing.
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Justin wrote: »
    Yeah the pack is still an easy pass. Can’t believe they wasted their resources & time on this. What a lousy job they did.

LOL you forget they wasted resources on Sims Sparked and other lack luster packs. This is no surprise, but yes I understand it's shameful.
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    edited September 2020

Here’s her admission:

This is depressing.

So depressing :'(
    Edit: That was her response to someone pointing out that Sims is a life simulation game
  • Options
    Kita5399 wrote: »

Here’s her admission:

This is depressing.

Edit: That was her response to someone pointing out that Sims is a life simulation game

A one-time, $20 adventure.
  • Options
    NausNaus Posts: 405 Member
    It can be both. But the problem is that this isn't just ANY adventure (like World Adventures, Jungle Adventure or even StrangerVille) this is literally an ad for Disney's Galaxy's Edge park that we have to pay for, with 99% recycled content.
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    edited September 2020
    Naus wrote: »
    It can be both. But the problem is that this isn't just ANY adventure (like World Adventures, Jungle Adventure or even StrangerVille) this is literally an ad for Disney's Galaxy's Edge park that we have to pay for, with 99% recycled content.
    Completely agree with you. These packs have linear gameplay, I loved world adventures because it could be used for a lot more than the little quests.
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    The following question bothered me in the interview with Antonio Romeo as it feels like proof of their younger players only intentions who will probably come on board requiring to purchase the Sims 4 base game as well to get their first look at Sims Disney Star Wars.. proving yet again money is king in this younger player targeted 2 for one money grab fest.

StarWars.com: This seems like a great gateway into The Sims for those who’ve never played it. What would you tell Star Wars fans in that category?

Also the tweet responses from Lyndsay Pearson where several players appear to be politely asking why the game cannot have the basics plus all the bugs fixed before putting out yet another pack voted bottom of the list got met with a "so what" kind of attitude this is what we wanted to do this time???? indicating the game has nothing to do with The Sims community anymore either. Plus no response at all to the question about more game depth or ever fixing those pesky annoying bugs we have come to know and suffer from with repeated regularity..

About says it all to me..
  • Options
    SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    edited September 2020
    netney52 wrote: »
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Am I the only person who finds it interesting since the trailer dropped the gurus haven’t made any comments about what is coming in the pack? Usually when trailers drop they answer questions about the pack I haven’t seen this yet with this pack I find it quite interesting how quiet they are being.

Yeah agreed, even GC are surprisingly quiet about it, James Turner aside

Yes I’ve also noticed that too only really seen reaction videos from James and English simmer who I know she was excitied for the pack prior to the trailer as she released a reaction video to the icon leak. I wasn’t convinced by lilsimsie reaction. There’s the thread on the forum of the sourced info (usually very good informative threads) and by now it would have lots of details in it currently it has the info realised from trailer and the webpage.

I know this is OT: But another reason for me to dislike the English Simmer. I really dislike her, she's been vocal about not wanting EA to add more family gameplay and activities for all life stages for years now (just remember that video about her really not wanting preteens). I got angry about it in the past because game changers are heard by EA and I don't want that person to destroy my sandbox game by saying repeatedly that simmers don't want family gameplay. She's the only game changer being that vocal about the things she doesn't want EA to add, no other game changer does this. I think it's just so rude and ugh, I really dislike her. I even dislike the content she creates.

Sorry, just had to get that out of my system. :neutral: I've been angry about her for years and it does not surprise me in the slightest that THIS pack is something that the English Simmer would like and be excited about.

Really sorry, I am usually not that negative about people, even if I don't like them, but I just can't with the English Simmer...
  • Options
    I will say it again this team don't care about us, they never did and I am tired of thinking they do...It's THEIR game and they are gonna do what they want...I hope to god TS5 has a better and NEW team, this team...is NOT it.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Also I wanna hear "BuT thE TeAM hAd noThiNG To DO WitH tHiS Decision IT waS EA!" now.
  • Options
    Kita5399 wrote: »

Here’s her admission:

This is depressing.

And to that I answer...
    tenor.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Dakota88 wrote: »
    Am I the only person who finds it interesting since the trailer dropped the gurus haven’t made any comments about what is coming in the pack? Usually when trailers drop they answer questions about the pack I haven’t seen this yet with this pack I find it quite interesting how quiet they are being.

Yes I’ve also noticed that too only really seen reaction videos from James and English simmer who I know she was excitied for the pack prior to the trailer as she released a reaction video to the icon leak. I wasn’t convinced by lilsimsie reaction. There’s the thread on the forum of the sourced info (usually very good informative threads) and by now it would have lots of details in it currently it has the info realised from trailer and the webpage.

I know this is OT: But another reason for me to dislike the English Simmer. I really dislike her, she's been vocal about not wanting EA to add more family gameplay and activities for all life stages for years now (just remember that video about her really not wanting preteens). I got angry about it in the past because game changers are heard by EA and I don't want that person to destroy my sandbox game by saying repeatedly that simmers don't want family gameplay. She's the only game changer being that vocal about the things she doesn't want EA to add, no other game changer does this. I think it's just so rude and ugh, I really dislike her. I even dislike the content she creates.

Sorry, just had to get that out of my system. :neutral: I've been angry about her for years and it does not surprise me in the slightest that THIS pack is something that the English Simmer would like and be excited about.

Really sorry, I am usually not that negative about people, even if I don't like them, but I just can't with the English Simmer...

Does she? I thought she wanted more family stuff. But I don’t really watch her content. All I know is she is very critical of the sims 3.
  • Options
    Dakota88 wrote: »

Does she? I thought she wanted more family stuff. But I don’t really watch her content. All I know is she is very critical of the sims 3.

Great you just gave me a reason to NEVER watch her. I already didn't really like her..so...yep, no way.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    6SbnPE4.png

:|
  • Options
    logion wrote: »
    6SbnPE4.png

BLUE MILK!! That’s the gameplay I’ve wanted my whole life!! I’ll spend my life’s saving for this pack now!!!

*Sarcasm* :D:D

They should've called it Sims 4: Blue Milk.
    Then they'd be drowning in money.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    6SbnPE4.png

BLUE MILK!! That’s the gameplay I’ve wanted my whole life!! I’ll spend my life’s saving for this pack now!!!

They spend so much time creating lighsabers, droids, costumes...

But apparently it was too difficult to color the milk blue. :D
  • Options
    6SbnPE4.png

They spend so much time creating lighsabers, droids, costumes...

But apparently it was too difficult to color the milk blue. :D

They didn't? *looks again* Huh...I thought there was a slight blue tinge, but maybe that's just the light...or the power of suggestion.