Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Play 1 hour -> Write down list of desired fixes/upgrades etc.

FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
edited September 2019 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Whenever a thread comes with this question, it is always the same general fixes that can not be unseen, but what about those that keep forgetting about and only realize once you play. So in this thread, it is only allowed to write a list with max. 10 things that annoyed you while playing.

So before you start writing here: Open your game, play for an hour or so, write down what you found needed to be fixed while playing, come here and share your list :)(I'm NOT talking about bugs btw)

I opened my game today after months, still playing but so far these things annoyed me:

* In the filter section in BB mode, you can not filter out CC and just view the content of the base game and Packs you own
* Please add in Editing town, bulldozing etc. from the world map! I am so tired of first kicking sims out, then clicking on every lot to delete the house AND the terrain, then to load back to the world map and do the same for every other lot. It takes me hours to rebuild a world.. so tiring..
* More lot types or even better.. An overhaul of lot types
* Houses that match with their households as in money situation, jobs, style, number of rooms/sims etc.
* Ok honestly, how outdated are these tips in the loading screen. Either update them with new funny ones (or with every pack/update) or take them out completely and give us something new to watch while waiting.

Comments

• Options
    ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    edited September 2019
    I would definitely like venues to be less restrictive. Not just Bar, Restaurant, Night Club. It would be nice if I could build a restaurant with a kitchen, a bar, and piano and a chief, bartender and musician showed up to work there every day. Have employees show up at public venues triggered by items placed (Bar, Oven, Piano, etc..) and not just because it's one particular type of lot.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Not fired the beast up yet (it's on a different computer) but: Have TS2 style community lots where you could have everything on one lot if you chose, second the motion on those annoying 'tips' - especially the ones that are over and over again, those hugely annoying and useless notices of where our screen shots go - enough already! Eliminate those jumping whatever-they-are things in the lower right hand corner.
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    Some minor things:
    The manage household should remember the filters I set until I change them myself.

Using the eyedropper tool in build shouldn’t clear my pack/colour/whatever filters. If I wanted to clear them I would.

Bring back the thing that let you type in the amount of stuff you wanted to buy/sell/move.
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    CelSims wrote: »
    • Humans invariably choose the plasma salad when getting leftovers. Vampires will choose the human food. So irritating and makes multihouseholds a nightmare

LOL. This, so much. Would it really hurt to program some common sense into vampires? "I know I can't eat human food, buuuut, I'm gonna go ahead because apparently I'm a PLUM.

But yeah, all your points are good.
    Post edited by Arzekial on
  • Options
    Oke a few more:

- It is so annoying how any functional object (take the coffeemaker) on the corner of the counter stands waaaay too much on the edge.. like it would fall of in RL.
    - The scaling up or down of objects is too faulty. It leaves shadows or lights bulbs in the original size which makes scaling down mostly useless.
  • Options
    QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    Option to change background for each world. So if I want mountains, desert, high rises, whatever, I can decide how each world looks.

Also, I second the request To be able to sort items.

Make poses part of the game so that it doesn’t have to be enabled with cc.

Give us more facial options built into the game (eyebags, nose masks, etc) so our sims are more up-to-date with the look of modern video games.

Let kids have blush. I want some rosy-cheeked kids.

Gradual growth for kids and teens. Like, they get a little bit taller at midnight each night. That would be a game-changer.

Make all careers playable.

INCREASE THE HOUSE SIZE—not just 8 Sims + animals. It’s so lame.
    BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
    On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited September 2019
    I was playing this morning and have a number of them:

CAS... I want to be able to hide stuff that I would never use. There are so many hairs I have to scroll past mostly because the base game option isn't as good as a pack with a similar style.
    CAS... we should be able to set a base makeup to copy across all categories.

Inventory.. my sim is a scientist, wizard, gardener and herbalist (the one I played this morning). He has to carry crystals, metals, plants to work, he has the new items potion items, books (I just sold all the herbalist stuff for now.. it was too much). I need a better way to sort everything in personal inventory, tabs or something. Also for storage, also for household inventory.
    Household inventory.. allow us to put stuff in inventory by grabbing it and pressing "i" or some key like that. I moved him the other day and it was a pain to drag everything to his household inventory. (yes I know there is an option to just take everything but I didn't want everything... actually I was going to bulldoze his home lot so I had to keep stuff I wanted).

They still go to a counter away from the kitchen to cook. Just saw it in the Charmed household... is there no way to keep them close to the kitchen?
    I haven't seen the water thing lately (I do mostly play single sim households and make them do stuff constantly) .. not sure if it's been tweaked but if it hasn't please make them get less water.

I'd very much like an actual turn off for phone messages. The interruptions to go out, congratulate on this or that, you're a bad, bad sim or good as gold get to me, mostly because of the sheer number of them. Maybe just a simple you get messages or not, a lowering of frequency or even a choice as to what type of messages you want would be better. Me.. I'd just turn them all off.

I heartly second adding more facial options for sims. I can't make my craggy middle aged men or women. I need eyebags, crows feet, browlines, laughlines ect...
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    I would like to be able to add the food stalls to any community lot, and have a vendor automatically show up. In what world do you have to pay $100 to hire someone to cook you a hot dog at the park?? :|
  • Options
    Option to change background for each world. So if I want mountains, desert, high rises, whatever, I can decide how each world looks.

Also, I second the request To be able to sort items.

Make poses part of the game so that it doesn’t have to be enabled with cc.

Give us more facial options built into the game (eyebags, nose masks, etc) so our sims are more up-to-date with the look of modern video games.

Let kids have blush. I want some rosy-cheeked kids.

Gradual growth for kids and teens. Like, they get a little bit taller at midnight each night. That would be a game-changer.

Make all careers playable.

INCREASE THE HOUSE SIZE—not just 8 Sims + animals. It’s so lame.

The house size I totally agree. With mods A 10 sim household is really nice to play. It's just a shame you can't go into CAS to make any changes without losing 2 people from the household.
  • Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    When you talk to someone in the game, theres like a box at the top that shows the other sims emotion and how the conversation is going.

My game bugged out and that box never went away after the conversation ended.

My game was actually running pretty poorly today. My sim was taking forever to do things I queued up. She would just stand there unnecessarily long. I would use spells and the animations would lag. I tried to talk to people on the street and before they could even talk, the sim would be like thanks for hanging out with me gotta go. Like 🐸🐸🐸🐸 what.

My sim would go downstairs to use the dishwasher when theres a sink 2 feet away. Like stop and use your head.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    It takes way too long to meet coworkers, even with the specific tone. And if you use the Club feature to introduce your sims to coworkers they won’t actually realize that they work together.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited September 2019
    Deleted
    Post edited by Rouensims on
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member
    I'd like to be able to choose the picture your sim paints.

I can spend hours making my sim paint hoping she'll paint a picture I want to hang from the last game where she painted a picture that would go great with the new house I built.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited September 2019
    Remove situational outfits and fix autonomy so my sims don't just stand around doing nothing all the time.
  • Options

I can spend hours making my sim paint hoping she'll paint a picture I want to hang from the last game where she painted a picture that would go great with the new house I built.

Agreed. Especially because the game seems to favour those stupid Cats & Dogs paintings. I’ve had a sims paint three paintings in a row and they were all the same one.
  • Options
    ZiafarZiafar Posts: 703 Member
    Remove the need for the Sims to start a conversation with a wave or a kiss, or a hug. When I have breakfast with my family an I want to talk to my husband I do not get up, put my food in my pocket (sims inventory) hug or kiss him and then start the conversation. If there are 8 people around the table they all do this. It takes forever!

Make the Sims at restaurant eat their food. They do not unless you force it on them. And the Sims that you invited and do not control do not eat a bite.
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    Be able to pick what you want people to wear in venues. You can only do that in restaurants right now. When my sims go to a nightclub, no one else shows up in party clothes. If I go to the trouble of making a really nice club, I want them to dress up
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    catitude5 wrote: »
    Be able to pick what you want people to wear in venues. You can only do that in restaurants right now. When my sims go to a nightclub, no one else shows up in party clothes. If I go to the trouble of making a really nice club, I want them to dress up
    LittleMsSam has a dress code mod that does this, I love it! :)
  • Options
    Felice_EnellenFelice_Enellen Posts: 102 Member
    edited September 2019
    Dragging an inventory item to a specific sim's portrait at the lower left edge causes the camera to edge-pan, even though normally you can hover over one of those portraits without the camera moving.

Drives me crazy that it does this. It's SO annoying.

I understand that you need to be able to edge-pan so you can grab an item in one room and then drag & drop it in a room on the other side of the lot, but if your cursor is over a UI element representing a container where you can drop the item, that should suppress panning.

I just want to drop this crystal in mom's inventory, not pan towards the lower left!
  • Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member
    QueenMercy wrote: »

Agreed. Especially because the game seems to favour those stupid Cats & Dogs paintings. I’ve had a sims paint three paintings in a row and they were all the same one.

My sim was painting clowns. The sad part is if I had built a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 type house they would have been great.
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Kita5399 wrote: »
    I would like to be able to add the food stalls to any community lot, and have a vendor automatically show up. In what world do you have to pay $100 to hire someone to cook you a hot dog at the park?? :|

OOH so true! Why should I hire someone to cook a meal for the whole community lot. Ehm, what are sims paying their tax for :p

Also, let toddlers be able tot join a club. Such a waist to have a daycare lot or event if you cant even invite toddlers. Not all parents stick around with their toddler on a daycare or party..
    Also the club system needs to create sims that you want to create for, cause if I am being too specific about a gender, status and traits, no sims qualify for the club. PLS game randomizer, just make new sims for our club! AND for crying out loud, maximize the member number of a club.
  • Options
    EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Hey folks made more sense to have this in the feedback section so I've moved it. Carry on.
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited September 2019
    • No tab for family members which will allow me to invite them all at a go.
    • The game doesn't recognize extended family members.
    • Sims stand too far apart when speaking.
    • The camera bounce when shifting from TAB mode back to the normal camera drives me mental. It seems to be getting worse.
    • There are fewer Sims at venues than when the game first launched. I keep having to teleport more in.
    • Sims don't shake hands and, to my knowledge, there's no way to introduce one Sim to another outside of a romantic context.
    • Multiple bars do not work as only one is manned. Therefore it's not possible to create a VIP/club section with its own functional services. On a related note, food stands don't populate automatically.
    • Sims still don't dance together
    • In venues, Sims will only use certain objects autonomously. As a result, multi-use lots look nice, but they don't work as intended.

I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    GrynnGrynn Posts: 260 Member
    • The ability to copy outfits or parts of it over different categories in CAS, it's so tiring to create a Sim that uses glasses by instance and having to manually select the exact same glasses over multiple categories.
    • The ability to change occult type without having to create a new Sim.