Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can I take my cat and house to a different city?

This discussion was created from comments split from: Can I own a horse but have it live somewhere else?.

Comments

• Options
    Tggo24Tggo24 Posts: 3 New Member
    I have a cat in my Sims 4 I wanna move to a different city because there is nothing in mine, can I take my cat and house to another city?
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,286 Member
    edited August 2019
    Tggo24 wrote: »
    I have a cat in my Sims 4 I wanna move to a different city because there is nothing in mine, can I take my cat and house to another city?

@Tggo24, nvm as it's been split into a separate thread now.
    Post edited by lisasc360 on
  • Options
    EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Hey there split this off to The Sims 4 area and it's own thread so you can get an answer for this without necroing a thread for Sims 3!
  • Options
    HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member

You can use the move household functionality via the phone or during the Manage Worlds view.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,184 Member
    And you can also take your house (I am assuming you don't live in an apartment) as long as you make sure that you move your house to a same size lot as it stands on. You can move it onto a bigger lot but not a smaller lot though. Unless you want the game to chop off parts of it that is. Lived and learned that.

You do that by moving the house into your library that is in the Gallery. Then you go into the new lot you want your new house to be on and then go into your library and move your house from there onto the new lot. You might use the bb.moveobjects on code, both before you upload the house onto the library and then again on the new lot before placing the house onto the new lot. Just in case you have used it on the house in the past to make sure nothing goes missing.

When your house and household is in the new world or even city then you just delete the old house if you don't want it in its old place anymore.
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member

Yes, you can. Go into build mode, save your house to your library, move household (this will take the cat with you), and choose a new lot the SAME SIZE as the old one. This is very important. Now open the gallery, go to the Your Library page, and place your old house. Voilà!
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 613 Member
    Stina1701A wrote: »
    And you can also take your house (I am assuming you don't live in an apartment) as long as you make sure that you move your house to a same size lot as it stands on. You can move it onto a bigger lot but not a smaller lot though. Unless you want the game to chop off parts of it that is. Lived and learned that.

You do that by moving the house into your library that is in the Gallery. Then you go into the new lot you want your new house to be on and then go into your library and move your house from there onto the new lot. You might use the bb.moveobjects on code, both before you upload the house onto the library and then again on the new lot before placing the house onto the new lot. Just in case you have used it on the house in the past to make sure nothing goes missing.

When your house and household is in the new world or even city then you just delete the old house if you don't want it in its old place anymore.

Chopping off parts can work fine too if there's a big enough yard; just chopping yard might be OK. It depends on the house and the size differences.
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!