Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Spiral Stairs are [not] coming.

TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
y'all got bread?
Post edited by TheIntrovertSimmer on

Comments

• Options
    TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    Because there's no bullet-proof... proof... yet. And maybe they try to hold their expectations in case it goes with some awful twist as the ocean ladder in IL.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • Options
    TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
    @TomasGrizzly true. that ladder from island living turned to be just another pool ladder. lmao
    y'all got bread?
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Clickbait thread title.

The Guru didn't confirm anything lol
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    I've noticed that :D But I'm squashing down my hopes (well, trying to and failing miserably) just in case it doesn't come to be just yet.
  • Options
    halihali Posts: 66 Member
    edited August 2019
    @Gordy thanks for posting SimGuru Ninja's Tweet that spiral staircases won't be a feature of RoM or its pre-release patch!

@SimGuruNinja thanks for the straight answer! Would be awesome~ if we could build with space-saving 2x2 staircases though
    Post edited by hali on
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Wouldn’t be surprised if the run around here is nothing more than mouth service to avoid having to say no. Not saying the pack looks bad, but there were no spiral stairs in the trailer and i don’t see why they need to play games when a simple yes or no works just fine. Unless you’re trying to avoid the fallout from the no, which this studio does kind of a lot.

My prediction: no spiral stairs.
  • Options
    KeyenpeydeeKeyenpeydee Posts: 9,280 Member
    I hope it's coming!! Not really a spiral stairs enthusiast, but I'd really love for it to come back.
    Queen of Rap, Nicki Minaj // minajsalad
    tumblr_nijden3ooM1qb9pa3o1_500.gifv

• Options
    halihali Posts: 66 Member
    edited August 2019
    Been hoping for space-saving spiral staircases which utilize a 2x2 block of space on the grid (unlike traditional stairs that use up lots of space depending on desired width and height of build).

And, if spiral staircases are to be introduced into TS4 soon, I believe the team would patch them through for base game prior to RoM's release because the aesthetic could fit wizardry quite well; take hope in that TS4 team heard the disappointment over releasing laptop lookalike devices only for Strangerville and delivered a base game-wide patch after Strangerville's release so all players now have access to the asset :D! Appreciate how TS4 team is stepping up to learn from past decisions (even if, in this case, spiral staircases won't be brought to the game--just yet--still hopeful :)).
    Post edited by hali on
  • Options
    nolurknolurk Posts: 249 Member
    As much as I'd personally love to see the return of spiral stairs, I think I'll wait for more official confirmation about them.
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    bizuktag wrote: »
    Yes, there will be spiral stairs. The twist: only young adults can use them.

Or they'll teleport from the ground floor to the top floor, elevator style B)
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    edited August 2019
    I wouldn't be surprised. I thought a magic peak would be the best fit for them.
    Post edited by PlayerSinger2010 on
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I wouldn't be surprised. I thought a magoc peak would be the best fit for them.

I thought GTW was the best fit for them, you know, winding stairs going up and up and up into a loft for a mad scientist or down and down and down to a lab then again elevators would have worked there into the deep, mysterious basement of a building where aliens are used for experiments or vice versa.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,397 Member
    If they come they'll probably be in the September Patch.
  • Options
    doedeardoedear Posts: 303 Member
    If they come they'll probably be in the September Patch.

i hope so too i don't wanna pay for something that should be base game
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    I feel like they just would have said yes if there were. They said yes to a whole bunch of other questions.
  • Options
    cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    sim guru said the same thing, not a flat out denial, when i asked if there's better split leveling.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Well, they might come this year, next year or the next. They might have it planned out but not for this pack or the next. The Guru didn't say when or even if did he? :|
  • Options
    SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    mika wrote: »
    I feel like they just would have said yes if there were. They said yes to a whole bunch of other questions.

I think that depends. They were probably allowed to answer pack-specific questions but with limitations so they don't give away everything. If there's a change coming to base game (which there would need to be, for something like this), it might still be a case of not being allowed to discuss it publically yet.
  • Options
    pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    If spiral stairs are coming, I hope they do like lounge chairs and put one in a free patch.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,397 Member
    Someone on Twitter also noticed one of the houses in Glimmerbrook had a driveway.
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Oh my gosh no way. I'm over the moon and I don't even LIKE building :D
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited August 2019
    By the way he responded it really sounds like that there are going to be new stairtypes in the pre-patch.

That's probably the reason we haven't seen them yet in the trailer because they're a base game update.

I kinda hope they will add a custom stairs tool so we can make stair landings and U/L shaped stairs.
  • Options
    MorkovkaMorkovka Posts: 662 Member
    Or they'll teleport from the ground floor to the top floor, elevator style B)

Honestly I'd prefer any way to move to upper floor without building a staircase that takes 5 to 8 squares :)