Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What save file do you play with?

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    One you've created
    I had absolutley no idea that you could download other peoples save files! I have always played my own, and I'm sure I always will, but this is cool info to have learned. :)
  • Options
    BookBearBookBear Posts: 488 Member
    I tried LilSimsie's..... regret. The bios were so detailed, but even when it was in their bio, they only had the default relationships with household members.
    Offering free hugs for your time of need.
    8763f1fcdeee963323782673c8c95eee.gif
  • Options
    FurAndYarnFurAndYarn Posts: 459 Member
    One you've created
    I play a few saves including SimLicy and Plumbella, but my main save is one I made my own... populated with my own builds/ sims and gallery builds/sims... over many generations.
    Explore the story of my over 50-generation legacy family!
    z5lD0kSm.png
  • Options
    BookBearBookBear Posts: 488 Member
    I started using @SweetieWright_84 's save. It's awesome, can't recommend it enough.
    Offering free hugs for your time of need.
    8763f1fcdeee963323782673c8c95eee.gif
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    One you've created
    I only have one save that I can call pretty much my own, my first save. I now have Newcrest, FH, GB and Oasis Springs filled with my sims, community lots. This is the save I have notes for as there are just too many to remember. I usually don't watch any of the Youtubers' Build videos or Let's Plays. Nope, I'd rather do it on my own. <3
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    NightlyCoffeeNightlyCoffee Posts: 455 Member
    One you've created
    I've made my own starter save file with homes and lots I've built or renovated over the years. All EA premades were deleted and I've filled the world with all of my own sims. It was a lot of effort, but totally worth it.
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    EA
    It's pretty much the same file since launch. Some of the lots have evolved, premade sims are elders now. Yeah It takes forever for my sims to age.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    EvilinPinkEvilinPink Posts: 49 Member
    Simlicy’s and Aveline’s
  • Options
    TerryKasperTerryKasper Posts: 24 Member
    One you've created
    I used my own save file exclusively until a couple of days ago. Lilsimsie's renovations are fantastic and not all of them are on her Creator's Page, so I cherry-pick my favorite builds and move them from her savefile to mine.
    TerryCorvus @ Origin ID
    Kasp @ MTS
  • Options
    AbbyBaba729AbbyBaba729 Posts: 135 Member
    EA
    Five gens in, so none of the premades are here anymore...I assume this still counts as "EA"?
    Base Game Sympathizer. Please push for more BG updates! Not everyone can afford packs!
    Proud Giyu Tomioka simp. :)
  • Options
    ZazzyKittynZazzyKittyn Posts: 371 Member
    Plumbella
    I use the following save files LilSimsie, Plumpbella, Isleroux,
    Empty save files MidniteTech. SrslySims
    Are those that I use top of my head I know that there are more whose save files I use as after all the years I have been playing Sims since it first came out still have problems creating sims that don't look like previous sims, build and decorate houses commercial lots
    Then the one I created using Zerbu;s Copy world mode where I copied the worlds after deleting and rebuild both new worlds for a legacy that have been working on since I bought sims 4 which accidently deleted back in Dec and when got a new laptop couldn't get anything from old laptop or desktop as both hard drives were fried from a freak lightning hit
  • Options
    DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,144 Member
    edited March 2021
    One you've created
    I play often with my own files. With the time Newcrest, Windenburg, Magnolia Promenade, Glimmerbrook and forgotten hollow have changed completely und are filled with my preferred buildings and styles in total.

The old premades are almost all dead or were deleted, other npcs were completely changed. I'm still fighting with the mechanics of this game which forced me to a playstyle which I don't want to have in this one specific save.

I plan to have more own savefiles, I have a lot of ideas which I want to try out, even if they won't work in the end in due of the lack of support from the game itself and the content developers. At least I have tried and I had my fun during the playtime session.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,427 Member
    One you've created
    Five gens in, so none of the premades are here anymore...I assume this still counts as "EA"?

Good question. When does a save file stop being EA and start being yours?
    Up until recently I mostly started out in the EA save file but since I exclusively play with my own sims I feel it changes from EA to my save file really quickly, definitely before generation 5.

Right now I am setting up my own save file because I noticed I kept replacing the same buildings for every save file. My save file is an 'improved' ea save file, tweaked to my preferences, but definitely not an empty slate where all EA builds and sims are deleted. Does that count as my own? It does feel like it for me at least.
  • Options
    orenjiAiorenjiAi Posts: 569 Member
    One you've created
    I play an altered version of a save file from kookablarn on tumblr.

It’s mostly lore—which is what I miss most in TS4. Kookablarn’s save is set 15 years into the future of EA’s. The premade townies are all older or dead and they have new relationships and skills. The builds are mostly left untouched. With only minor fixes like putting toilets in the Del Sol Valley lots. And Newcrest is still totally empty. Something I really appreciate being a part-time builder.

My version replaced all of Cavalier Cove, Mirage Park, and The Pinnacles neighborhoods with my builds and characters for this story I’m working on.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited March 2021
    One you've created
    EA's but I replace most the builds with ones from the gallery and improve the existing sims, so I suppose mine. I've tried downloading other players saves in the past but they all seem to require every pack so I just end up with tons of bald and unclothed townies and half finished houses so I usually don't bother going any further with them.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    EA
    BachPatu wrote: »
    I've only been playing with my own. On Console, your choices are limited to the premades or your own

But on PC, I've mostly stuck with my own by moving most of the sims I created on Xbox over to PC (I did this in particular with my Legacy Game sims) but have also been downloading some CC (Households, lots, & other content). I also gotten into playing with mods (Including ❤️❤️❤️❤️) & all but one (A Star Trek game) depends on using some NSFW mods & other content that's not safe for streaming on Twitch

Adding save games is just one more tool to my arsenal but in MANY ways. If I can't use the entire save game itself, I can ALWAYS find use for the sims & lots in my other game saves either on PC OR Xbox as all I'd have to do is TEMPORARILY upload what I need to The Gallery & then once I get to the game I need, place the uploaded content in world & DELETE IT from The Gallery

Plus, the PC gives me the advantage of TOURING lots in ways one just can't do just by looking at The Gallery so if I find I can use a lot (Again either on PC or Xbox), all I gotta do is temporarily upload it to The Gallery on the PC & then go to the game where I can use it, place it & then DELETE IT from The Gallery. This saves time on fishing around on The Gallery IN HOPES of finding what I need. By touring lots in game saves, I KNOW what I'm getting as I've SEEN it inside & out :smile::lol:

So yeah, now that I know how to download them, I'll be making use of game saves

If I can only figure out how to upload my game saves on Xbox now, I'd REALLY be a Happy Camper. Any ideas as to how to do that?? :confused:

I’d upload all of my lots and all of my sims from the pc to the gallery and be sure and hash tag each with you pc name, take everything out of inventory and put in their house before uploading to the gallery, you will lose relationships that aren’t in the household you upload though, but on the pc you can cheat the relationships, I assume you can with Xbox and PlayStation too. Other people might be able to tell you how to save a while file and then download on your system though. You might ask rosemow about that. If she doesn’t know she most likely knows someone who does.
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    One you've created

Part of my enjoyment comes from building and/or remodeling everything in the game. Then spending time in CAS creating Sims to fill up the lots with my Sims. I need marriages, people dating and the like because my households need many friends. All of this has happened little by little through the years.
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    One you've created
    ummm...mine?
    I am on console so I dont think there is any way to get anothers saves, regardless I would always make my own sims and world just more fun for me. Sometimes I delete all of EAs premades and sometimes I keep a few arround to be the victims of my evil sims.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    I got a ton of saves but I've stuck with my Denny family save.
  • Options
    KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 442 Member
    One you've created
    Mine. Started with two Sims, now on the 4th generation, but not playing legacy style. I have 10 households of 41 descendants I follow regularly and rotate around. Plus many other households of fandom neighbors that I created that makes storytelling more interesting.

I'm currently building the 7 sages temples, with a fire temple next to the Sulani volcano, water temple in Windenburg, Ice temple in the mountain, forest temple in glimmerbrook, sun temple in oasis springs, Stone temple in strangerville, and sky temple as a penthouse in San myshuno.

It's epic. It's ridiculous and full of cartoon characters and psychedelic builds, and it's mine.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    EA
    I can't remember what i've answered a long time ago. I have played in a save i've done before. But i forgot to save it at the beginning and when i decided to restart (it happens often) it was already too developed to act as a starting save imo.
    So now i'm back to playing with ea's save just as it is. I will download a community lot or a house here and there for specific purposes but i just keep the rest.