Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What save file do you play with?

Comments

• MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    One you've created
    I have two only save Files

"The Kingdom of Briarheart" - A Medieval fantasy save that begins with Magic and spell casters and it's a Prologue to my second save, and once it's over the story crosses over into my other Save.

"A New Beginning" - And eventually becomes "The City of Briarwood." - My more Modern begins 1860 - Today, Where werewolves begin the story, and Start a new beginning, build the new world and a new life. and in 1975 a Portal from the Realm of Briarheart, opens and thats when the Characters from my other save pour into this save.

So yes I deleted everything when I begun these saves, Premade sims, builds, I even customize NPCs like Butlers, The Sages, Father Christmas, The Grim Reaper, the Mailman, the Pizza Man, just because I prefer to have familiar faces roaming around, so care to use those featured services and have my sims be more social, I just have a irrational hatred towards premades and a strong sense of pride for my work, My story, my characters, and my creations. I rather a customized game, I hate playing someone else's game and playing by their rules, and by the character's story, when I have my own, which is more important and interesting to me.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    One you've created
    I made my own households usually based on fave movies, shows, singers, historical people & my own weird imagination.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    One you've created
    I've edited a whole bunch of EA buildings (restaurants, community buildings etc) that I put in every new save I start. I also tend to put my own sims in them. I have actually downloaded Lilsimsie's save but only to copy one or two of her buildings into my own saves cause some of her edits are really good!
  • ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    One you've created
    The answer doesn't exactly match, but I usually delete all the Maxis premades, fill all the large houses with sim families from the gallery, add gallery houses to build up Newcrest quickly, then fill the world with gallery townies. I will then play sims I personally created. So, I suppose you could say it's a custom save based off gallery items and a few sims of my own.
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    One you've created
    Ehm I play with my own stuff. I do not like others designing my game without me having any input in it. I hate EA worlds, too boring and I am just no interested in others peoples save, cause I rather design and build my town however I want and whatever fits into my current rotation.
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    One you've created
    I don't enjoy clutter and using the moo cheat. I build my own without swimming pools in the front yard or shelves over windows. I don't like to download builds because I always run into routing issues because of moo. I mostly play rags to riches and build as my Sim makes money.
  • Lilsimsie
    Hey! You create some very useful mods for simmers @midnitetech :)

I use Lilsimsie's because she keeps hers very up to date and I like the builds she uses/creates. No one else actually keeps an up to date save like her. And she remodels or replaces EA lots with her own!
    Sims storiesstoriesstories & Sims builds builds builds

• SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,963 Member
    EA
    Mine started out as EA’s game. I usually keep most of their premades, but mostly play sims I have created. I have changed many homes and community lots.so it is really a mixture of EA and my own. My main save file has been played since 2014.
  • simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 612 Member
    edited September 2019
    EA
    I didn't reuse my changes as a save template, so I'd say EA.

ETA: to me, changing all the lots is completely normal and expected. I can't not upgrade all the community lots and then some (Sims, too). That doesn't mean that my game was some template save.
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    One you've created
    I only have one save, consisting of premade lots, gallery builds and my own creations. I don't really pay attention to who made the lots I download, so I can't even say I have a preference for a specific builder, but I am warming up to lilsimsie. I also only play with three of the premade families (technically four, but my Vatores now live with Vlad). So all in all, I'd say I mostly created my sim world myself.
  • MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    edited September 2019
    EA
    I don't delete the premades, so I guess it would be EA's. I don't really play with the premade sims, though; they're more like background characters.

I also tend to play in a savefile for a long time, so it gradually becomes my own over time. But the base is clearly EA's, most of its original buildings are still up.

I just add my own sims and builds to it.

Sometimes I have MCCC put in, so I let that mess with the premade townies as well.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    I don't know what they are talking about but I usually delete all the premades in the game don't like them. I can't stand the Goths they are always the first to go.
  • PurpleStarBoyPurpleStarBoy Posts: 14 New Member
    Lilsimsie
    I am currently playing the Lilsimsie's save. I like it because it "fixed" the premade save file. I also like the Magic HQ she fixed.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    One you've created
    I play my own save all lots and premade Sims are done away with.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • shorty943pshorty943p Posts: 252 Member
    Erm. D, all of the above ROFL

I mix and match from as many save files as I can find.
    And to all those confused, it,s not rocket science, copy and zip your best save file set, post it to a forum.
  • zanyshanezanyshane Posts: 62 Member
    One you've created
    I started with the original EA file, but ever...so...slowly I have been making it my own. So far I have claimed all of Newcrest and now I am slowly renovating Willow Creek.

I don't know why, but The Sims 4 is the first iteration where I don't care at all about EA/Maxis pre-mades which is disappointing. Oh well though because I've got an imagination of my own!
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    One you've created
    I too started off with the EA save file, but have made it my own. All the original EA sims are there with serious makeovers.
  • cornflake88cornflake88 Posts: 368 Member
    EA
    I stay with the original EA save file. Tried several simmers/you tubers save files They look fabulous and you get excited but ...... oh that overuse of MOO :s . Can't use the toilet there's a plant in the way. Can't sit there the door is the way. Can't use the door chair in the way. Can't cook , no available counter. And so on. Unfortunately, although I appreciate the many hours and hard work put into their files, I find them for the most part unplayable. No Moo is my favourite hash tag.
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    Lilsimsie
    Recently, I had a lot of fun in the Simsie save. I played as the Robinsons. Maggie ended up with Arnie Arnold, Natalie with Trey Avery, and Toddy with Olivia Lewis. I continued playing with Maggie and Arnie and they had two daughters. I played with them for several generations until the next heir died of laughter and I ended up quitting.
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    EA
    I start with the basics and download lots I like from the gallery when I want to replace some. In my current save I've changed a ton, but in my previous saves my sims didn't go out as much so I changed very little.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    One you've created
    I play my own, starting from the EA original. I'm currently playing my 'Finn's World', having re-named each separate game save after the first family to move in. It's easier to remember them. Finn's world is UK suburban and Tudor mainly. I've got about 6 Saves available in the game, about 20 I've kept on the Cloud.

I usually get rid of most EA's lots and make my own.
  • BachPatuBachPatu Posts: 21 Member
    One you've created
    I've only been playing with my own. On Console, your choices are limited to the premades or your own

But on PC, I've mostly stuck with my own by moving most of the sims I created on Xbox over to PC (I did this in particular with my Legacy Game sims) but have also been downloading some CC (Households, lots, & other content). I also gotten into playing with mods (Including 🐸🐸🐸🐸) & all but one (A Star Trek game) depends on using some NSFW mods & other content that's not safe for streaming on Twitch

Adding save games is just one more tool to my arsenal but in MANY ways. If I can't use the entire save game itself, I can ALWAYS find use for the sims & lots in my other game saves either on PC OR Xbox as all I'd have to do is TEMPORARILY upload what I need to The Gallery & then once I get to the game I need, place the uploaded content in world & DELETE IT from The Gallery

Plus, the PC gives me the advantage of TOURING lots in ways one just can't do just by looking at The Gallery so if I find I can use a lot (Again either on PC or Xbox), all I gotta do is temporarily upload it to The Gallery on the PC & then go to the game where I can use it, place it & then DELETE IT from The Gallery. This saves time on fishing around on The Gallery IN HOPES of finding what I need. By touring lots in game saves, I KNOW what I'm getting as I've SEEN it inside & out :smile::lol:

So yeah, now that I know how to download them, I'll be making use of game saves

If I can only figure out how to upload my game saves on Xbox now, I'd REALLY be a Happy Camper. Any ideas as to how to do that?? :confused:
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    One you've created
    I have a pretty elaborate save I've been working on since 2017. It has a lot of complex storylines and sims who have relatives and friends all over my save. I started using copies of it now to play challenges too since I found that I missed my world when trying to start from scratch. I still do keep most of the pre-mades in my save as well though, they just all get makeovers.
  • GenericTownieGenericTownie Posts: 105 Member
    One you've created
    I play a save I made where every house & townie is from the gallery. Everyone's a little too beautiful πŸ˜‚
  • Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    One you've created
    My own. o:)

I've had my save file since the release of the Sims 4. :#
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.