Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4: Get to School, Campus Living, or Free University Patch

Comments

• Options
    MekoSharkMekoShark Posts: 161 Member
    Campus Living-
    I chose University living due to the immersive gameplay. But actually, I'd prefer a combo of University Life and Get to School. I don't see why we can't have both due to the game mechanics already in place?🤷‍♀️ A professor career would be nice as well, with a whole town built around the gameplay. Arcades and movie theatres could be implemented here too.
    Sharks need love too 🦈

• Options
    jadonbakesjadonbakes Posts: 294 Member
    @MekoShark I chose the names and gameplay styles of “Campus Living” and “Get to School” based on the framework EA uses for naming TS4 expansion packs. (Get Together, Get to Work, and Get Famous are all about tracking success gaining perks in clubs, work and a fame system, while City Living and Island Living are more focused on events and lifestyles in a certain location—and I know I’m ignoring Cats & Dogs and Seasons because those seem to be named after things in nature, and I can’t think of a college-themed equivalent).

So in Get to School the goal would be to go to class or do field work, complete tasks, become successful, and earn reward points to spend on perks like skill gain boosts, starting a career at level 5, etc.

In Campus Living the game would revolve around fun things to do on campus, new foods, dorm life, becoming one with the university and making sure the experiences add up so you can leave college a changed sim.

And then again, I still love the idea of a zero frills university patch where college is basically a career and everything is a rabbithole and not a very unique experience
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited June 2019
    Get to School
    All in one. Thanks in advance :D

Oh no! I meant to click on Campus Living!
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    Campus Living-
    Lol, University would never come in a patch or be free in any way so that's just unrealistic. However, I can see a GP following kids and teens to school, and an EP for University campus life that comes with a new world
  • Options
    MekoSharkMekoShark Posts: 161 Member
    Campus Living-
    jadonbakes wrote: »
    @MekoShark I chose the names and gameplay styles of “Campus Living” and “Get to School” based on the framework EA uses for naming TS4 expansion packs. (Get Together, Get to Work, and Get Famous are all about tracking success gaining perks in clubs, work and a fame system, while City Living and Island Living are more focused on events and lifestyles in a certain location—and I know I’m ignoring Cats & Dogs and Seasons because those seem to be named after things in nature, and I can’t think of a college-themed equivalent).

So in Get to School the goal would be to go to class or do field work, complete tasks, become successful, and earn reward points to spend on perks like skill gain boosts, starting a career at level 5, etc.

In Campus Living the game would revolve around fun things to do on campus, new foods, dorm life, becoming one with the university and making sure the experiences add up so you can leave college a changed sim.

And then again, I still love the idea of a zero frills university patch where college is basically a career and everything is a rabbithole and not a very unique experience

Lol! I already figured that when I initially posted. I still think those two themes should be combined, not separated. It would make an amazing pack that if offered to the public & done right, no one would have fault with it. -An immersive university town with students going to school with set goals & tasks towards graduation. Younger kids should have set goals and their own school setting as well.
    Sharks need love too 🦈

• Options
    Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    Campus Living-
    Uh, both Get to School and Campus Living and why would anyone want it to be a rabbit hole patch? That's crazy.
  • Options
    Humility925Humility925 Posts: 152 Member
    edited June 2019
    If this happen, then how would adult or elder get college stuck? do we had to start over in young in new save game, is there way adult/elder get college bouns or taits just like younger adult? I rather to had already adult/elder had that than start over again in younger to do that. So I think, any age should able to enter, not limited to young so we don't miss out.
  • Options
    jimjam1009jimjam1009 Posts: 165 Member
    edited June 2019
    Get to School
    I would actually prefer a campus living and have it focus more on university and college life
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited June 2019
    University Patch-
    I'm not that interested in a University EP personally. Something about being a student in real life has kind of taken away the fun of simulating the experience for me. I know it is a popular request though so I do hope something comes of that for those that want it. I'm sure there would be certain features that would appeal to me as well. I chose the patch option because (I love freebies :D) I really want my sims to have something like an open university option so that sims can study from home to improve their skills/careers (practical jobs as well as academic ones). I wouldn't mind if this came as part of a larger pack though with a campus so long as we also have the option to study from home. Homeschooling would also be great for child sims, particularly the ghosts.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Campus Living-
    I work in a high school and once used the Go To School mod. I have had my fill of school. I don't think the Sims team could do anything to make going to school with children/teens fun.
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,612 Member
    If this happen, then how would adult or elder get college stuck? do we had to start over in young in new save game, is there way adult/elder get college bouns or taits just like younger adult? I rather to had already adult/elder had that than start over again in younger to do that. So I think, any age should able to enter, not limited to young so we don't miss out.

It would be just like Sims 3 where the adults and elders went to college and they received traits while in college and got a boost in work and other stuff. So I think the Sims 4 will be no different if Adults and Elders went back to college with traits and bonus things.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,915 Member
    You are setting your sights low.....

If you are going to have a University EP I would want all of them from Primary school to University to make the EP worth while buying and while they are at it they should include what we call in the UK "Open University" to which anybody of any age can apply, getting a worthwhile, recognised degree, even in their 70's+. The game should be 64bit by the time it comes out (I hope).
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited July 2019
    WE will never get a free University - it is the third biggest ep - and has millions of people waiting for University and yelling for it - so forget even thinking you could make it a free patch we want University AS USUAL - not some kids rabbit hole. Full fledged EP period!

I do not want kids and under in University - I do not want to go to school with my many school age kids - but I sure as heck want to go to College with my YA's as usual. Uni is not a glorified grade school. I'd be bored to tears going to school with a grade school student and would never buy such a pack. NEVER!

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,915 Member
    edited July 2019
    @Writin_Reg What's a grade school student? Different countries, different terms. Perhaps TWO packs then, One, what we call in the UK primary and secondary education or your terms - and another University AND/Or Trades Education. Anything available and practical I want! :):D

(Hopefully whilst I'm still here... taking a long time aren't they?)
  • Options
    candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    Get to School
    I am past the University thingy please give us something else I don’t mind a new career if they would include Teaching that the Sims could participate in like be Teachers. They could give us a pack with different levels of Teaching like from kiidnegarten to University Sims could go to School and participate if you want then to but I don’t want the old version that we had with Sims 3.
  • Options
    Catsmeow24Catsmeow24 Posts: 1 New Member
    Campus Living-
    Personally I would love a mix of options 1 and 2. I am hopeful (if it does come out) that uni will not be a rabbit hole and have interesting things for sims to do
  • Options
    GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    Get to School
    University...as a patch?
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • Options
    @GamingTweety More like optional adult education as a rabbit hole like we had in TS3
  • Options
    Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 789 Member
    Campus Living-
    Remember the Toddlers patch? It broke my game and I had to un-install and re-install EVERYTHING. What should of been a stuff pack was crammed into an entire free patch that gave the No Toddlers crowd something they never wanted in the frst place. University should be in a pack for people who want uni to buy and enjoy,NOT crammed into a patch that will break peoples' games and slow their computers down to a crawl. Hopefully,EA learned their lesson and will not cram entire packs into free patches anymore.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited July 2019
    jadonbakes wrote: »
    @GamingTweety More like optional adult education as a rabbit hole like we had in TS3

What game were you playing as Sims 3 University was absolutely not a rabbit hole. They had a few rabbit hole buildings on campus - like sports and such - but it was far from being a rabbit hole - there was lectures - outdoor classes (art mostly) and much much more. I loved the science classes myself. Did you even play the game?

Sims 2 had rabbit hole classes - but not sims 3 - Sims 2 was all about living on campus - and that part of college but Sims 3 was way different....

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    University Patch-
    Duh, it's free. (Unless you count what you paid to get the game)
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    IvyeyedIvyeyed Posts: 358 Member
    Get to School
    I definitely want to be able to follow kids to school and play with them there - to their success or doom. I'd honestly prefer if any future "university" pack wasn't just about university, but all grade levels. And, like mentioned above, I'd also love a playable teacher/professor career.
    Sometimes I stream.

This EA account is shared between two longtime roommates. The one most likely to be writing here is me, the taller of the roommates, whose opinions do not always represent the opinions of the shorter roommate.
  • Options
    ofDDofDD Posts: 28 Member
    Get to School
    Maybe first we follow them to school then college/university playing our sims for skills etc... good in all one EP. Well I hope so. Call it like study life or something... 🤷🏻‍♀️🤔🙃
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Campus Living-
    I'd actually love an EP that covers all levels of schooling, from Elementary forward, and also offered an Education career track (maybe forking to focus on K-12 on one hand and College Professor on the other). Add more depth for kids & teens, Uni experience for new YAs, and a career for YA-Elder.

But if that is too ambitious, I'd like a College Life type pack.
  • Options
    @Writin_Reg I'm not talking about The Sims 3 University, I mean the classes adult sims could take in the Sims 3 base game at different locations in town. Optional adult education as a rabbit hole.