Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4: Get to School, Campus Living, or Free University Patch

ยซ13

Sims 4: Get to School, Campus Living, or Free University Patch 194 votes

Get to School
42%
auroraael14BreeSashaKita5399alexspoom13aprilroselove7680candy8IrdiwentypicalgeminiANNETTE1951luthienrisingMINEZstilljustme2AngelluluLizzychicagoCAF84AwkwardAquataydevPlumbobCrossingpixiejuice 82 votes
Campus Living-
47%
Akl500Picmnfrshrudy8292Erja888WedoveronPlayerSinger2010AlrynnIsb917BrokenChaos69AnmirlaMariefoxprice83DJQ1308vivica86JestTruIsa_MenezesCinebaralanmichael1zagboorulesPhotogSim 93 votes
University Patch-
9%
SuccyBagoas77moltaziamock68vcosleyalex_alex09pandouilleElenPinkJultan3annaliese39Mrs_McGuinessPlumbobGrandmaabelhinha35ListentoToppDoggPreCiiousCaptain_CnerdfashionHeatherInMyHeartMichelleMe 19 votes

Comments

• jadonbakesjadonbakes Posts: 294 Member
    edited June 2019
    (((Wow, ok, so I press enter to type more details and this is automatically posted!)))

These are three ideas I came up with for bringing University into the Sims 4:

Get to School would be a pack like "Get to Work" or "Get Famous" where we track the progress of these university student sims. They go to school, complete assignments/experiments/write papers, and we watch them receive bronze, silver or gold on what they completed

Campus Living would be a pack that focuses more on the student life of University. Partying, socializing, and even studying. Dorm life would be front and center. *edit* like City and Island Living, there might be a location-based aspiration (maybe like Super Senior/Renaissance Sim or something--where a sim keeps taking classes and never leaves school)

Free University Patch would be a super simplified higher-ed experience. In the patch, Sims (teens through elders) would use their computer or phone to enroll in college courses (in perhaps to learn skills, or career preparation, which would then boost their career level or their salary). Sims who are college students would leave home for a few hours while they're at class and then return. They could probably do this in addition to having a part-time (or maybe full-time) job. And that's all that comes with the free university for all patch... No lots, no objects, just this simple addition.

Also, what ideas do you have to bring University into the sims?
    Post edited by jadonbakes on
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    University Patch-
    I'd personally rather a patch as opposed to an entire pack based around just university and not all levels of schooling.

Otherwise, I think university could just be put in as a new feature for another pack. Like if they did a Generations, life stages-based pack, university would be fitting as the new gameplay for young adults.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,420 Member
    edited June 2019
    Get to School
    I think it should have a little bit of both : some classes or work from home assignments and earning grades. This would be the main focus for me. But it would be incomplete without a physical location to visit. Especially dorms or even sororities and fraternities (preferably a mixed gender option as well cuz that's how it work in my country ;)) .

I don't see university happening in a patch. A patch would be to watered down. It would not be immersive enough to enjoy properly.

Perhaps it would be possible to add roommates with the patch for this EP. I would like my sim students to share their apartment or room. And this could be a useful addition for everyone, even outside the pack.
  • storminmaystorminmay Posts: 137 Member
    None of the above, for me.
    Origin/Gallery ID: storminmay

The Venegas-Chan Family Tree
    @storminmay are you against any university pack, or do you have an idea for a fourth (or fifth, sixth, etc) option for adding in University?
  • EA_JozEA_Joz Posts: 3,164 EA Staff (retired)
    Hello @storminmay I've gone ahead and moved the thread to the Speculation section :)

~EA_Joz
  • storminmaystorminmay Posts: 137 Member
    @jadonbakes I wouldn't say I'm dead-set "against" a University pack, just that I don't want or need one.
    Origin/Gallery ID: storminmay

The Venegas-Chan Family Tree
    @EA_Joz I appreciate that!!! I flagged my own thread so it could be moved!
  • CAITLINX354CAITLINX354 Posts: 157 Member
    Campus Living-
    Can I pick other? Campus Living would be the closet but I really hope that if and when we get a university pack they take into consideration how many routes people can take for their education.

I just want to put my sims through the pain of grad school >:)
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    Get to School
    i voted for the first one, as in a general education pack. id like to follow elementary or high school or university and do things there much like get to work was. a lot of it could be "copy and pasted" with more of the variance coming out of the campus living in uni. idk, id just rather have something different than just uni all over again.

mind you, i am in uni right now so im a little over university in real life i dont really wanna play university itself lol
    @CAITLINX354 ooh, grad school is a good idea! I should have totally put an 'other' option! I'm sorry. But I did intend for this thread to become a conversation, so I do appreciate your perspective!
    In coming up with my EP poll options I was following TS4's trends in naming expansion packs: either Get [Something], [Something] Living, or a Part of Nature (like Cats & Dogs/Seasons--though I couldn't come up with a Nature version of University, haha, maybe "Coming of Age"...)
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    1 & 2 combined.
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    edited June 2019
    Get to School
    Get to School & Free University patch, love the ideas of both

Edit: I changed my mind, I want all three
    Post edited by aprilrose on
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    Get to School
    Realistically, a free University patch ain't going to happen ever. They can patch to improve the school system we currently have; but most everything else has almost always came with expansions.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Get to School
    Get to School style but I am more interested in the younger years. I would want it to include teaching careers with branches in grade school, high school or university. I would want it to include following toddlers to daycare, daycare workers, follwing kids to grade school etc.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Get to School
    I'd actually like a bit of both Go To School and Campus Living. I felt in Sims 3 that University Life was way too party based, and there wasn't really enough for the more serious student. So I want the education experience with new careers that require a degree plus significant advantages for getting a degree for the existing/future careers, but plenty to do on campus for diversions from studying. With the Sims 4 game structure, I'd also like to be able to have more interactivity between a University world and a Sim's home world; a Sim wouldn't necessarily have to live on campus but could commute from home -- save money on room/board but you might not have time for all the extracurriculars (good for older Sims who might already have a degree, or who have a family they need to keep track of). Perhaps some sort of online degree system especially for Sims who've already been to university once but want to change career paths.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    Get to School
    I hope that alongside a university theme pack aimed at young adults they either overhaul or introduce a parallel system for schools so that we get more in depth game play for kids too
  • WittlemouseeWittlemousee Posts: 58 Member
    Campus Living-
    Love this idea!! I hope it's similar to Sims 3 University, but better, to be honest. Lol. Am I asking too much?? :p
    c22.jpg
  • FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    Get to School
    Wouldn't really want a free university patch as we all know a free patch isn't going to be good as an expansion pack.

I am bit of both as on Get To School and Campus Living
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    I just want a school/University pack I don't want to follow the kids to the school GTW was so buggy and glitchy that I had to stop. But I would want kids and students to have assignments like we did in Sims 3 like we had to go to different places to find something or talk to someone etc. I also want to build up skills for kids and teens as an assignment until the due date.
    University I want to it to be like having fun like Sims 2 with parties but the realism like Sims 3 not just YA going but all ages and not just four year but a two and four year also get certs. and degrees. Hopefully there's a ton of majors to choose from.
  • JemmaTheSimmerJemmaTheSimmer Posts: 387 Member
    Campus Living-
    Campus Living. Not necessarily partying, but the university lifestyle is what I want to play. A political sim could join a student politics group and protest with them, maybe bands could return and students could join bands together, programmers can join the programming group and do hackathons. More than just partying, but the general social atmosphere of university is what I want to play. Also the course is important, and the course type you do and your final grade should effect your career prospects. Also, Greek life is definitely something I want to see. I would love if they did it like Sims 2, where there were two proper universities to choose from, but there hasn't been any pack with more than one world so I'm not super hopeful. Also doubt we will be able to build our own dorms or have proper roommates, but we shall see...

It would be nice to have a remote degree option that can be done as a rabbit hole/work from home option as well, but I care more about having a proper campus with all the facilities and housing available than the remote option.
    @Briana2425 Yes, I really can't imagine going to school with child and teen sims every day! Maybe I'd go on a field trip once every few weeks, or I'd like if they had some weirdly specific work from home assignments like gaining a cooking skill, or read a book, or interview some sims and write a report.

Also, yes, more than YA sims in higher ed. It's realistic and more inclusive.

I wish I could foresee them adding tons of majors and careers, but the most careers we've ever gotten with an EP were four with Get to Work. But if I think of majors like Clubs from Get Together--there could be more variety. We got 11 clubs with that pack, plus infinite custom clubs. So It would be very cool if the college major system worked kind of like clubs (but also was completely different).
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,941 Member
    Campus Living-
    there needs to be loads of things to do besides of just rolling into class for me to buy it
    I'm not that studious student myself so I'd get bored in seconds if it was just about studying
    โญ๏ธ AHQ Champion ๐Ÿฆ‡ Vlad Advocate ๐Ÿ‰ Team Dragons
    ๐Ÿก Gallery ๐Ÿ“– Stories ๐ŸŒ World Project ๐Ÿฅ” MOD/CC Free
  • MondayMonday Posts: 385 Member
    Campus Living-
    I've spent more than enough time in universities to ever actively want a university pack of any form. Though, I find that the actual experience of campus life is one of the more interesting aspects of the whole thing. Living in dorms, finding groups of people who might share interests, attempting to get along with roommates, walking down the street at 4am in a group to wait in line for fresh-made doughnuts during dorm room all-nighters.

I wouldn't want the pack to be focused on partying, that sort of thing, and we already have Get Together for that side of things anyway, for the most part. But campus events and activities would be good, and the actual ability to living in a handful of different dorm environments and the shenanigans that happen when a bunch of poorly-rested and unsupervised youths get bored or need a break.

Though, I also think that almost more than that, I'd want education as a career. I don't care so much if it would be active or rabbithole, I just would like to have teachers and professors as career options. Also, perhaps alternate methods to get educated. Something so you could stay at home with kids and a part-time job or two and schooling on top of everything. Vocational training as well as degree training. That sort of thing would be absolutely excellent.
    a63ftuN.png
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    Campus Living-
    I'd actually like a bit of both Go To School and Campus Living. I felt in Sims 3 that University Life was way too party based, and there wasn't really enough for the more serious student. So I want the education experience with new careers that require a degree plus significant advantages for getting a degree for the existing/future careers, but plenty to do on campus for diversions from studying. With the Sims 4 game structure, I'd also like to be able to have more interactivity between a University world and a Sim's home world; a Sim wouldn't necessarily have to live on campus but could commute from home -- save money on room/board but you might not have time for all the extracurriculars (good for older Sims who might already have a degree, or who have a family they need to keep track of). Perhaps some sort of online degree system especially for Sims who've already been to university once but want to change career paths.

TS3's University Life wasn't really party based if you didn't want it to be. My sims only went to parties on the weekends. I had them turn down party invites during the week so they can study (at the dorm, library or java cafes). I actually preferred that they study at the bowling alley or cafes because they can meet new people and also do other stuff there when on break from studying and also is a nice change of scenery from the dorm.

You can also build colleges and community colleges in your own home world if you didn't want your sims going away for university.

For TS4, I picked Campus Living because that would seem to me to have more features than the other two. I had done both myself in real life - both commuting and dorm living. Dorm life is so different from the normal life you get with commuting! It was exciting and felt like an adventure in itself. I got that feeling too having my sims go to uni in TS3, so I think it will be that way too in TS4.