Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are you interested in building your own apartment buildings?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2019
    Yes, please!
    Sakuske1 wrote: »
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Would love to build my own - and also in all worlds not just the downtown.

I used to love building in the Sims 2 apartments styles. Those were perfect to me and we could play up to 4 households in each apartment too. I think those were the best apartments the game has ever had.

I agree, The Sims 2 made it SO easy and simple; all you had to do was place the correct front door and make sure things were all enclosed and (as far as I remember) you were set! I don't see why they can't implement something simple like that here in the Sims 4 (but I'm not a programmer or coder in the slightest and I apologize if I'm making a huge simplification out of something that is actually very complex).

I wouldn't even mind terribly if they operated like the current San Myshuno apartments with loading screens to visit other neighbors in the same building, just for the opportunity to be able to build my own apartments again in whatever world I want.

Agree for sure. I also loved all the choices of apartment styles we got to pick from with the Apartment Life ep. The way the landlord showed up and showed apartment to your sims and such. It was very realistic. I loved the community areas we could have in apts too for all tenets in the building. My tenants all got to know each other over barbecues and playing with their kids on the apartment play grounds.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    Yes, please!
    That would be great but I dont think we will ever have buildable apartments in TS4. However, I think we may get something similar like buildable townhouses or dormitories where several households can live.
  • Options
    CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    Yes, please!
    I really would like this too, but I can't really see how it could be added to the game. They probably won't overhaul the whole apartment system of a false building with uneditable apartments reached only by elevator. What does that leave? Pre-made building exteriors? Pre-made apartments that are placed into empty simmer built buildings no taller than 4 stories?

I haven't played Sims 2 in years. I remember making apartment buildings, but I don't remember what the pre-made buildings were like.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2019
    Yes, please!
    I really would like this too, but I can't really see how it could be added to the game. They probably won't overhaul the whole apartment system of a false building with uneditable apartments reached only by elevator. What does that leave? Pre-made building exteriors? Pre-made apartments that are placed into empty simmer built buildings no taller than 4 stories?

I haven't played Sims 2 in years. I remember making apartment buildings, but I don't remember what the pre-made buildings were like.

https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/The_Sims_2:_Apartment_Life

I recall we had a bunch of them in our libraries ready to place - or we could build them also (needed a few game cheats of course, but they were in the game. I mainly would place some of the pre-mades and then overhaul them - lol. They looked like real apartments and varied in types and sizes.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Yes, please!
    Dianesims wrote: »
    I was very surprised we weren’t able to do that with city living at least.

with the sims 4 track record of missing features I wasn't
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Yes, please!
    Would love to build my own - and also in all worlds not just the downtown.

I used to love building in the Sims 2 apartments styles. Those were perfect to me and we could play up to 4 households in each apartment too. I think those were the best apartments the game has ever had.

agreed
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    Yes, please!

https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/The_Sims_2:_Apartment_Life

I recall we had a bunch of them in our libraries ready to place - or we could build them also (needed a few game cheats of course, but they were in the game. I mainly would place some of the pre-mades and then overhaul them - lol. They looked like real apartments and varied in types and sizes.

I may have to install my old TS2 games to find out. I remember some ready-made apartment buildings that came with the game in Bella Donna Cove. I don't recall if the buildings had apartments on all floors (although we could build them that way). Anyway, a TS4 version would probably end up very much like the existing apartments in San Myshuno. A lot with an rigid outline that could be a single abode or divided into multiple units. All this attached to shell of a building.
  • Options
    CaityTrinaCaityTrina Posts: 555 Member
    Undecided?
    I don't particularly want to build actual tall apartments, but I wanted the ability to build and assign them so I could have Terrance housing on large lots or trailer parks, so I want to build apartments but ones more similar in size to normal lots
    caitytrina.png
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    I made a three story apartment building. I just set the doors to only allow who lives there to go in.
  • Options
    moltaziamoltazia Posts: 58 Member
    Yes, please!
    id love to be able to apartment build, i was super dissapointed in this not being a feature when city living was released. aswell that its only in 1 world its possible to have apartments at all.
  • Options
    RJEB1RJEB1 Posts: 30 Member
    Yes, please!
    Yes. I think that would be a great idea. So far I think apartments are only available in City Living so there are some buildings in my xbox sims gallery that are not able to be used because they are apartment buildings and penthouses. It would be great to be able to make a second san myshino in newcrest by making apartment blocks on lots. I really hope they impliment something like this
  • Options
    jadonbakesjadonbakes Posts: 294 Member
    Yes, please!
    I build myself sets of rowhouses all the time, and it always feels weird having the two or three sims I prefer controlling take up the entire property. If only we had the magical doors from the sims 2 that separated properties.
  • Options
    jadonbakesjadonbakes Posts: 294 Member
    Yes, please!
    I just had another thought. In the sims 4 cats and dogs, are there not doormats that keep out certain types of pets? "No Other Families Allowed" (or something much less stupid, lol) on a mat would work wonders.
    I really think expansion packs should have sequels/reboots. Like City Living 2 (but it doesn't REQUIRE a player to own the original city living), and the whole thing explores a different city with a different apartment model, etc.
  • Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    Indifferent.
    It'd be nice to have but I rarely build so idk how much I'd actually use it.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    BobisbaeBobisbae Posts: 246 Member
    Yes, please!
    We really need the ability to have these lot types in any world I also disliked how we're limited to San Myshuno. Such a feature would be great for duplexes as well or maybe even "motels/lodges" for the destination worlds.