Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you still miss

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    I did care at first but now i don’t mind it as much
    I was concerned about how realistic a blizzard would feel with a thin coat of snow on the ground, but it ended up not being too bad all things considered.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Yes i really miss snow depth
    Sims 3 had better winters.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    No didn’t care and still dont
    I never really disliked the snow as is tbh. I still don't. Could it have had more depth? Yep, sure. Would I have liked it more? Probably not. I just <3 playing in Glimmerbrook in winter. It's gorgeous, just the way it is.
    XoAULEJ.png
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    Bagoas77 wrote: »
    The depth is disappointingly thin... metaphorically and otherwise.

I had that exact same thought -- snow is like the rest of the game.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    I don't have an issue with Sims 4 winter - even though I agree Sims 3 did it best - I do enjoy winter in Sims 4 too.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    The game has other gameplay issues that bother me more. The snow is just a visual aesthetic.
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    I don't think I actually "cared" either way but at first a little surprised that there wasn't depth. Just something else they've taken away was my thoughts. Even though it's all just one depth, we can still build "snow pals" and angels so I'm fine.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    As someone who sees way too much snow over 6 months of the year - H_NO I don't care about snow depth. If it looks pretty a day or two - it's fine for me - the rest of the time I don't even notice. Fall is my favorite seaSon anyway so I'd be happy with no snow and year round fall. If it was up to me I would set my game to just fall and summer.

I do that in Sims 3 except i do have 3 days of Christmas so my sims can have the festival/fair for Christmas.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Yes I miss snow depth it really looks horrible when they make snow angels and its completely flat around it or building a snow man where is the snow being collected exactly just unrealistic and does not look good.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    It’s not something that I’ve ever really noticed in the game. Maybe because I live in a country where we get little snow and when we do it’s not much and washes away within a day or too, so for me I think the game has a lot of snow in it but I don’t notice the depth of it.
  • Options
    caliposscaliposs Posts: 320 Member
    Yeah, I think the snow on the roofs is what bothers me the most.... the snow depth on the floor I can live without because there's still some accumulations that your sim has to shovel.
    he/him
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    I think I care less for the picture it takes than the fact there is snow. I love all the pictures and views it takes - and then I concentrate on just playing the game. The game offers me what I look for in playing a life simulation - so for me it makes me happy as I don't need the game being an action game or anything else but Sims living their lives - so I think it is why I am always satisfied with the results as it is not something else but what it was meant to be.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    I love snow depth and not an feature that was done cheaply or half done. I sought of expected this from Sims 4 going forward. Guess they tried to give you the illusion there is an real snow storm. Even though I lived in an state that does experience snow and I hated bundling up but I do not mind having an feature that shows depth as I am not the one walking in it. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 613 Member
    It's not that I don't care at all. I think it's always great if things are improved on to make the player experience better. It's just that it doesn't really bother me as it is. Plus there are lot of other things I would like to see added or improved on a lot more, such as personalities, the romance system etc.

I think it's required for things to improve, and nothing get worse, in a game sequel. Otherwise, don't make it. I'm really tired of even the thought of putting up with less. I'm really annoyed with Maxis in general right now.

Anyway, I now only play games with snow depth (or no snow) so I don't miss it but that's obviously just a technicality. I've actually never played Sims 4 through winter. After I got Seasons, I started in spring and left off in autumn or sooner.
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!
  • Options
    jaycravnjaycravn Posts: 17 Member
    Snow depth was so fun, its not like spoiling the game not to have it, but it was nice. TS2 toddlers would get lost crawling about in it, which they did often in order to eat the snow. TS3 i have this -> media.tumblr.com/b3a5070e659efab285eb0e8260083349/tumblr_pzbvktuGFT1x2gjs0o1_1280.jpg , I would've loved if they coulda brought that back for TS4's pets.
    pronouns: they/them/theirs/themself
  • Options
    Evil_OneEvil_One Posts: 4,423 Member
    edited October 2019
    I'm glad I haven't got TS4's seasons... I think I'd miss seeing cats and smaller dogs poking their head out after burrowing through thick snow!
    raw
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    Evil_One wrote: »
    I'm glad I haven't got TS4's seasons... I think I'd miss seeing cats and smaller dogs poking their head out after burrowing through thick snow!

I miss that so much. :) I miss watching little child Sims trudge through it on their way to school. I miss snow days that really looked like snow days. I miss the big puff of snow as Sims fell back into deep snow in order to make a snow angel. I miss the fact that it seems I will never see a Sims 4 toddler sit down in snow that's up to their waist or be able to watch them giggle in delight. I miss all of those things. But there's always the snowball fights, eh?

... :/ Never mind.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    It's not a bother, but I do miss. Snow in Sims 4 looks like white paint.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    Renato10Renato10 Posts: 472 Member
    I don't really care about TS4 anymore but it was pretty disappointing. At least a little depth in roof snow. It looks stupid how flat it is.
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I'm not used to seeing very deep snow much IRL. I also didn't make it to Seasons in TS3. I generally don't notice though I'm guessing there will be a winter vacation world with deep snow with skiing, snowboarding, etc.

I'm generally happy with TS4 Seasons.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited October 2019
    I really miss having TS4 winters that look more like this:

CHU8tgr.png

It really appears as if snow has fallen. There's a perceptible weight to the snow -- on the roofs, the steps, and the ground. Everything is affected. It's not simply a sparkly paint job. When the Sims leave footprints in this kind of snow or they fall back into it, it really feels substantial. :)

(All credits to Iron Seagull.)

I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    rambahadoerrambahadoer Posts: 405 Member
    Cynna wrote: »
    I really miss having TS4 winters that look more like this:

CHU8tgr.png

It really appears as if snow has fallen. There's a perceptible weight to the snow -- on the roofs, the steps, and the ground. Everything is affected. It's not simply a sparkly paint job. When the Sims leave footprints in this kind of snow or they fall back into it, it really feels substantial. :)

(All credits to Iron Seagull.)

Exactly it really feels like it has snowed
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    No, not really. It caused lagging. As long as it looks like snow (it looks and feels like winter to me ) and you can play with it, that's all I care about. I do miss building igloos though. Game play is way more important and never seen deep snow in real life anyways.