Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you still miss

Do you still miss snow depth? By this i mean that the snow does not accumalate like it did in previous sims titles. Personally i still really miss it winter to me personally is not as fun to play because i constantly get distracted by the flatness especially on the roofs it looks terrible the texture itself is pretty nice but it looks like white paint on the floor and roofs. I just wish it had a little depth like up to their ankles. I curious to see how you guys feel about this.

Do you still miss 210 votes

No didn’t care and still dont
42%
Kita5399HejixJaseaprilrosestoryyVibseWritin_RegPugLove888Simburianhappysimmer2007NofravellMariefoxprice83simgirl1010alexandreafriendlysimmersmoltaziaalanmichael1SucommlmeadowssazzieJ 90 votes
Yes i really miss snow depth
41%
ehaught58CK213nickibitswardGoldmoldarBluefairy286AyradysslisamwittGoodywoodIllandryaAlrynnSusanaLeoteBloosmooWillowG145elanorbretonGoldenBuffyCynnanolurkKementariAnmirlaAlysha1988 87 votes
I did care at first but now i don’t mind it as much
15%
IceyJqtnikkiCamkatPlayerSinger2010Isb917DOLLDRMS1SimQueenie9drake_mccartyfruitsbasket101zagboorulesHannaZojathecatsredtaydevAngelEb95jennihopesillyangel0906joleacoMidnightAuracalipossjswizzle 33 votes

Comments

• annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    It's not that I don't care at all. I think it's always great if things are improved on to make the player experience better. It's just that it doesn't really bother me as it is. Plus there are lot of other things I would like to see added or improved on a lot more, such as personalities, the romance system etc.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Winter and snow are my least favorite parts of Seasons, so I don't mind the lack of snow depth.
  • YammzzYammzz Posts: 25 Member
    To be honest, I hadn't even noticed. o.O
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Never bothered me then. Doesn’t bother me now.
  • xPIXLxxPIXLx Posts: 34 Member
    I thought that it made the game more dynamic. I would love to see snow depths and have interactions for all age groups. Like, if the snow gets too deep, sims have to pave drive ways, or if a child or toddler goes outside and the snow is too deep they get a "can't see" negative moodlet because they are too short to see over the snow!
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    They could do a ski resort game pack where they add snow depth.
    a256aFi.gif
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,207 Member
    Eh, whatever. There are other things related to snow that I wish had come with Seasons, like an alpine or Arctic world that is cold throughout the entire year - chances are we'll never get that now because it would almost have to be a DLC for a DLC. I understand people wanting deep snow, but to me that has always been just a minor detail I wouldn't even notice that much during normal gameplay.
  • ameliaharry654ameliaharry654 Posts: 2 New Member
    But I still miss snow depth.
  • Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    The depth is disappointingly thin... metaphorically and otherwise.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    edited March 2019
    Looks like people are getting used to it judging from the 1st and 3rd choices. 55% How come it only adds up to 98% in total though? :)

It still would be enjoyable to see Sims shovelling their paths and driveways clear of deep snowdrifts instead of randomly pushing snow about in their gardens.

I have accepted that it is not available in this iteration so eagerly await the first person view in Sims 5 if ever! :) Plus they could add swearwords as applicable and another death by shovelling too hard.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited March 2019
    I still miss the snow depth as it is more realistic than what Sims 4 Season is protraying, However it is what it is. :) Also in this day and time there should be measures or technology available where an developer can use to avoid lag and still use realistic snow depth and sometime lag will still exist depending on the customer setup meaning the specs used does not congeal quite effectively. Example using an I5 8400 cpu and an 460 GTX 2 GB video card.
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • NofravellNofravell Posts: 975 Member
    I rather have a working game with minimum lag then deep snow. I'm happy that we got season. Besides, there is some depth to it. Not as much as in Sims 3, but that game was so laggy during winters, Sims 4 is not. :smile:
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Can't suspend disbelief when there is hardly any snow.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Can't suspend disbelief when there is hardly any snow.

To be honest EA/Maxis does things that do not surprise me anymore. All I can do is stand back and watch, Peps are the things of the past for me.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 696 Member
    edited March 2019
    Snow depth is one of those things that I just couldn't care less about.
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
  • MindsimscreateMindsimscreate Posts: 414 Member
    I love the winter season, along with new year and Christmas as it’s the best time for families to celebrate together. Yet I’ve never cared about snow depth.
  • BradyGalaxyBradyGalaxy Posts: 306 Member
    I mean, it was nice to have in The Sims 3, but I really didn't care. It doesn't really effect anything, and I don't really notice it.
    Proud simmer
  • PugLove888PugLove888 Posts: 674 Member
    Here's the thing … where I live the snow in TS4 is deep snow! :D:D:D Sure, I would like deep snow in the game, but I wasn't upset that it wasn't' in TS4. What is more important to me is that in TS4 the snow sparkles like real snow! <3
    Home is where your Pugs are! <3
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    I miss snow depth, still. But what I miss even more is realistic rain.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    I was kind of 'wait and see' when everyone erupted over snow depth, and I'm not unhappy with the way it turned out. I did like the heavier snow in previous Sims, but it isn't a deal-breaker for me, especially knowing that they made that choice for programming reasons. I'd rather have a high desert with blizzards than gobs of snow in Willow Creek, really.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    Nope. I remembered in Sims 2 it always looked so odd with how the snow depth cut off at the edge of the yard. Don't care if it's there don't care if it's not. Didn't really deter the immersion or experience. Ground gets a bit powdery seeing the grass slowly covered and after it melts going into another season. The transitions are pretty smooth to me.

Seeing Sims build snowmen and snow angels didn't look out of place.
    Only thing is like to see is just the droplets of rain on the pavement and that's it.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • sikasika18sikasika18 Posts: 343 Member
    Never cared for the depth as it looked so ugly in past games. The snow in the sims 4 suits it's art style anyway so I see no problem with it plus it sparkles lol.
  • BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    From the very beginning I thought it was very cheaply done and I definitely think it is a huge miss. However, The Sims 4 does so much more with winter, making the plants other than trees brown/lose leaves and changing the terrain. For me personally, the eternally green terrain and unchanging plants other than trees in The Sims 3 Seasons were just as bad of an oversight as lack of snow depth in The Sims 4.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,114 Member
    I did care at first but now i don’t mind it as much
    I would have liked snow depth, but I think they did really good with it. Winter has a lot of details, it makes up for the lack of snow depth IMO.