Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dying from laughter

Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
I just had this happen for the first time ever. I'd given up hope of it ever happening in my game. Elizabeth was having a fine old time hanging out with her brother, I was going to have her tell a joke then put her daughter to bed. I went to check my Facebook then moments later, she was lying on the floor and Grimmy was there. It seems her husband got home at the worst possible moment, poor guy.

20pbq68.jpg

I was tempted to have the husband plead with Grimmy but then I thought it would be more fun to see if he can raise the little girl alone. Elizabeth will be interred in the family crypt in the morning.
Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.

Comments

• Options
    HelenaKapselHelenaKapsel Posts: 18 Member
    I've also only seen this twice. The first time was my sisters sim. She had just created her and a toddler. They're having fun and the mom dies of laughter and she gets a game over, hahah. The second time was one of my own sims, and I actually don't remember what happened. I got mad/sad though and didn't save my game. c:

I rarely get those crazy emotions that make your sims die. I've only tried sims dying because of being uncomfortable, embarrassment and laughter.
  • Options
    FireftrLtFireftrLt Posts: 54 Member
    I saw it once. I started a legacy. The original Sim, even before getting married and having kids, died of laughter.
  • Options
    MissyScabtreeMissyScabtree Posts: 81 Member
    edited February 2019
    I've only seen this happen once, and not that long ago! lol :D I had my sim play with her cat with a laser pointer and she became very playful which was fine, but then I had her paint in her garden and all of a sudden she just bursts into this uncontrollable gigglefit and I saw her mood as hysterical and she doubled over and fell to the ground then soon after I saw ol Grim floating all casual into the garden :o

Needless to say, I left that save so fast haha. I curiously want to see the other types of death too. With MCCC I can use alllllll of the deaths...mwahahahaha! >:)
    "Silence is the most powerful scream."
  • Options
    I’ve only had this happen once, my sim’s husband became hysterical watching the comedy channel so I canceled it, left him alone and went to focus on my other sim. Low and behold he started watching civic public access and died. They’d only just been married, so it was a shock.
  • Options
    EIisabettaEIisabetta Posts: 5,708 Member
    I’ve only had this happen once, my sim’s husband became hysterical watching the comedy channel so I canceled it, left him alone and went to focus on my other sim. Low and behold he started watching civic public access and died. They’d only just been married, so it was a shock.

If it happens again, send that sim to a mirror to attempt to calm down. They'll talk to themselves and lower that moodlet out of dangerous levels.
    moxiegraphix on Origin
  • Options
    Redrusty66Redrusty66 Posts: 6 New Member
    yeah just had this happen, I was like, whaaaat? Didn't think it was cool at all personally. Was like "oh um, no , no no, spent too much time on that sim noooot gonna happen":..LMAO....then exited to main menu when Grim showed up and I realized this was for real..lol Lost 30 minutes of playtime but better than my sim. It was weird too \cause all he was doing was painting, he wasn't even talking to anyone. Just suddenly started laughing, and then the coughing and boom, notification, "Memphis has died of laughter".....didn't even nknow such a thing was in the game..lol
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    I have never seen that death.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    I had both husband and wife die laughing on their honeymoon. They visited the Humor and Hijinks festival in San Myshuno. I exited without saving and pretended it was all a bad dream.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I have never seen that death.

Same here, despite many a sim becoming hysterical.

Word of warning...don't let a sim watch the comedy channel with their parent if said parent has the matriarch trait. Instant hysteria!
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    This happened to a groom at his own wedding. It was about the only time that I have exited without saving. Normally, I probably would have kept it in the game but I didn't want the bride to start over at that point.

I've had them get hysterical before, especially with laundry day. I tend to send them to bed when they are in an extreme mood. Generally speaking, if they die of an extreme mood, I'm likely to keep them in the game but it hasn't happened since then.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    Sims with toddlers seem to get to Very Playful pretty easily, especially if their needs are kept high. A happy Sims does something playful and BAM! They're thisclose to becoming hysterical! I send them to the nearest mirror to calm down or, if they're already hysterical, to go take a nap.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    I took pictures of when it happened in my game for the very first time. My Global Superstar was throwing a Charity Benefit Event at a local bar. His brother-in-law was a bit into his cups and when Erik told him a joke, it was simply too much for the Vulcan. Moments later, when his wife became aware, she became Hysterical and died, too. It was a two-fer.

Much later on, and fairly recently, after we got the patch and IL, the game seemed intent on taking out Erik, too. He died an Hysterical death twice and was headed for it a third time, when I substituted the game save for the back-up one I'd made prior to patching. :open_mouth:

Unless or until they fix this weird problem, I have used MCCC to disable emotional deaths in my game. Something I'd much rather not have to do, since the game can be way too tame as it is. And I can take having my favorite Sim pass away. I once used him as my Founder and he died. But, when the game appears to be targeting him, that I won't tolerate. LOL
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    RainbowSimQueenRainbowSimQueen Posts: 1,227 Member
    I've had this happen to 2 different heirs in the same family. The first was a unpleasant surprise and she had just gotten married but I went along with it because it took my game into a different direction which can be refreshing.

The 2nd time I was not happy. My heir had just had her 3rd daughter and i sent her to go eat. Hubby and the oldest were at school, while the toddler and newborn were both sleeping. The next thing you know I'm looking at the kitchen table but Iylah is not there...then time speeds up and I saw grimmy. Needless to say I quit without saving. Didn't want Sheldon being widower with 3 small children.
  • Options
    Mia_bearMia_bear Posts: 5 New Member
    I had this happen as well but I have no idea how. My sims couple just had their second baby. Mom was in with the toddler and suddenly I get a notification that the dad is dying of hysteria. Go to the living room and he is just standing their laughing uncontrollably :open_mouth: I was like "no no no" and started over. Lost a bit of gameplay but that's okay. Not leaving the sim mom as a widow with a baby and toddler.
  • Options
    CoffeecrumblecakeCoffeecrumblecake Posts: 6,549 Member
    [quote="Mia_bear;c-17450425"]I had this happen as well but I have no idea how. My sims couple just had their second baby. Mom was in with the toddler and suddenly I get a notification that the dad is dying of hysteria. Go to the living room and he is just standing their laughing uncontrollably :open_mouth: I was like "no no no" and started over. Lost a bit of gameplay but that's okay. Not leaving the sim mom as a widow with a baby and toddler.[/quote]

^I lost gameplay in a similar situation, but the thing is- I'm never able to look at that particular sim the same way after knowing how he died 😂
    In a way, I feel like dying of the Hysterical moodlet is the quickest way to go. So, if you want to avoid it, it's best to run to the mirror to "calm down" ASAP. At first, I didn't take it seriously when the game told me to calm my sim down, but emotions can really be dangerous here. I learned that the hard way when my Celebrity sim died, but his wife pleaded with the Grim Reaper for his life~ and it actually worked! I wonder what the percentage success is with that interaction, since it doesn't seem too likely 🤔
  • Options
    Funnydesigner2020Funnydesigner2020 Posts: 2 New Member
    So, I just had this happen to my sim and it was in the most twisted craziest way ever 😳😳😳😳(A FIRST IN MY 20 YEARS AS A SIM FANATIC.). Ok, so I recently bought the expansion city living and realized you could rent out apartments,(too expensive)well i wanted my sim to live lash and rent a penthouse (4bs 3 ba he could afford it). Back up to when I created him. So I chose an aspiration and traits I don't normally give my sims I create in CAS. I made him very mischievous, mean and devious, while choosing a criminal career working towards being the boss. Ok so when I moved my sim in and they had the welcome to the neighborhood event, he got to know quite a few sims. Well amongst those, 2 of them he slept with and got pregnant (yes ratchet). 1 woman was 2-3 sim days earlier than the other. Might I add; the first woman, I didn't know she had the hated children trait until after conception and he got to know her, so she was always tense and 🐸🐸🐸🐸 during her pregnancy when my sim would invite her over (to feel baby and ask due date). So again woman number 2 conceived 2-3 sim days after woman 1's conception and also my sim had a boyfriend with the guy who lived in the penthouse across his. Alright so I knew how custody of the babies go after birth (I wanted my male sim to raise the kid), so I had my sim convince woman 1 to leave her husband and then they got married (I cheated using the relationship cheat)(Also I made my sim fight his boyfriend, as part of my sim asp. To fight 5x) Well they broke up and he married her and upon marrying she moved in and feeling a little devious myself 😏😏😏,i had her take the full $60,000 she had with her ex-husband and transfer the funds to my sim's household. I literally left her ex-husband broke. Well she moved in, went into labor and I had her have the baby at the hospital, my sim had to sleep because he had work coming up. Well she comes back from giving birth and I decided to click on her to see all her moodlets and move her out of his penthouse and back with her ex-husband with the 60k she took becauseI started feeling bad lol. Low and behold I look and see that she was sad from her divorce followed with being very tense 2wice from possible conception 2x and hates children, she was happy she had her baby but was also very tense from having a baby and with those, she started laughing hysterically in the hallway( I assumed she needed to laugh it off because I had her phone in her hand commanded to split and move out and she would have been free of kids), well when I clicked over to my male sim after naming the baby boy, I get a notification saying "LILY IS DYING FROM LAUGHTER "😫😫😫 Next thing I know, the grim reaper is standing in the hallway, with my sim's ex boyfriend looking in sadness as a witness to her death because she died in front of both his and my sim's doors and he was taking his trash out (my sim was sleep thru all of this). This turned left real quick in a matter of 5 real-life minutes😱😱😱 and my whole plan was for him to have kids and raise them on his own. Now I will make sure all future sims of mine get to know other sims first before doing anything with them, because that lowkey messed with me.....oh and woman number 2 lives with him ready to give birth and I really don't know how to feel about this
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    @Funnydesigner2020 Holy Wow! That is some drama! And all in a short period of time. I did really enjoy how you described everything, I could imagine it all taking place in my head. LOL
  • Options
    ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    IT is actually the easiest death to trigger onto someone else. Personally I would prefer f it was a very rare death and more of an Easter egg, with a separate achievement for it.
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.
  • Options
    SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    One of my sims died from freezing to death as she witnessed another sim frozen to death. I lost 19 sims at one time due to that! So I went back to an earlier save because I had plans for that sim. So I get her through college, get married, have twins. Then she is standing in the kitchen and I get a notification that she is laughing to death! I think Grimmy had it in for her from the beginning!
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • Options
    Funnydesigner2020Funnydesigner2020 Posts: 2 New Member
    [quote="Chicklet453681;c-17680253"]@Funnydesigner2020 Holy Wow! That is some drama! And all in a short period of time. I did really enjoy how you described everything, I could imagine it all taking place in my head. LOL[/quote]

I literally sat there for a minute feeling bad, but then I laughed 😂😂 because I've been playing for 20 years since the year 2000 (I was 9) and never experienced anything like that.
  • Options
    MLadyAzzeraMLadyAzzera Posts: 1,174 Member
    edited October 2020
    Once my sim did a comedy stand up during the Comedy/Mischief Festival and ended up killing at least 6 sims with laughter and then herself.

Pretty much summed up 2020.