Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THE MOLE: UNFINISHED BUSINESS

Comments

• Options
    HayloHuskyHayloHusky Posts: 14,656 Member
    Turner wrote: »
    We might take a bit of a break. Most of California is having a power outage for an extended time and I need to conserve battery power.
    There's also no wifi and everything is closed.
    It's the purge up in here lol.

Oof... Good luck XD
  • Options
    AlleenmensAlleenmens Posts: 18,723 Member
    We had 2 storms last night and our WiFi is off and we just had a dip in the power too... :s I'm on my phone data now...
  • Options
    TurnerTurner Posts: 10,743 Member
    edited October 2019
    Alright! Powers back on.

Let's finish this round.

Here's what I'm thinking:

We're essentially at a standstill. We're running around in circles... obviously, this game wasn't fully play-tested.

I'm thinking we end the game prematurely, call it a tie. Half of the money goes to the Mole, other half the group.

We eliminate someone as we would as if the game failed (aka everyone PMs me their vote of who they think the saboteur was).

Only catch this time is that if you guess the Saboteur correctly, then you cannot be eliminated.

This, to me, seems like the fairest, funnest, quickest way to end this round. If anyone is opposed to this idea, let me know publicly or privately.

You can go ahead and send me your votes now, if you want.
  • Options
    If I was still on the board and we could force you in the outer circle then we would have win this, but the Saboteur's advantage messed up with my plans... Ugh... :s
  • Options
    And please send me your top suspect and secondary suspect. If your top suspect is granted safety (by voting for the Saboteur), I'll be using your second vote instead.

(You only get a key if your top suspect is the Saboteur... As a reminder, whoever has the most keys out of the final 2 at the end of this mission will earn the final exemption of the season)
  • Options
    Alleenmens wrote: »
    We had 2 storms last night and our WiFi is off and we just had a dip in the power too... :s I'm on my phone data now...

Oh really, what kind of storms? Just thunder?

Yeah, I've had to use quite a bit of data now too....
  • Options
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    I did receive a notice about a possible power outage, but they weren't certain if my city was affected

Although it was very windy earlier (and still a bit right now.) And I learned that strong winds can make biking really difficult

Yeah, it was mostly just central & northern California affected.

It was so windy last night :dizzy:

Lol did you learn that the hard way?
  • Options
    Luckily it wasn't too bad... And WiFi is also back on... :smiley:
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Turner wrote: »
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    I did receive a notice about a possible power outage, but they weren't certain if my city was affected

Although it was very windy earlier (and still a bit right now.) And I learned that strong winds can make biking really difficult

Yeah, it was mostly just central & northern California affected.

It was so windy last night :dizzy:

Lol did you learn that the hard way?

The very difficult way. Biking northward toward my apartment has been a struggle for two days now.

And I'm fine with this resolution. We'll pretty much get stuck in a stalemate anyway
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    Looking back, this would have worked better if I had 3 minions who had the same moves as pawns, and then either buffed Medusa's movement to 2, or nerfed the Cyclops movement to 2. The Cyclops was too strong, and Medusa too weak (without the lair I would've been long dead lol)
  • Options
    M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,720 Member
    Turn%2B1%2BSolution.png

If everyone positioned like this, Turner would have literally zero chance from the start even. :o So yeah, Cyclops should be nerfed, and Medusa should have the power to move 2 spaces when staying on the same ring.

Let's put it like this: Medusa's moveset should be powerful enough to catch any individual piece. But the movesets of the pieces combined should be powerful enough to trap Medusa if they team up well - cover eachother's weaknesses and all.
    Banner.png
  • Options
    Oooh... I didn't see this... Ugh. I should have worked on it more... :s Oh well...
  • Options
    And you only can do that if everyone is in the game...
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Let's put it like this: Medusa's moveset should be powerful enough to catch any individual piece. But the movesets of the pieces combined should be powerful enough to trap Medusa if they team up well - cover eachother's weaknesses and all.

Exactly this. That sums it up quite perfectly. :)

Because yeah, Medusa should be powerful enough to catch up to any individual piece; but PLANNED teamwork should defeat her.

Plus, I would do something to nerf the lair. Perhaps she can only enter/exit at certain spots. Like only enter from white and exit to black. Or only whites have doors to exit/enter. Or maybe there's only a few spots she can do both.

You could make it go by quicker too if spots can't be landed on twice by any player. That's something I considered doing in the event of a stalemate, but I would rather we just get this round over with lol
  • Options
    Yeah, let's just end it here... On this stage nobody can win... :s
  • Options
    Hmm, what if there was an individual reward for the person who catches Medusa, like an extra key?

Like, Twiddle catches Medusa, he gets an extra key. But that way Alleen, Haylo and Iceman have less incentive to let that happen - an advantage for Twiddle is an disadvantage for them. So they might want to steer things to be the one who catches Medusa themselves. Which adds the dilemma 'selfless or selfish?' to the mix and might sabotage teamwork.
    Banner.png
  • Options
    Maybe we should mail this idea to Vier for use in the Belgian Mole. :smiley:
    Banner.png
  • Options
    Hmm, what if there was an individual reward for the person who catches Medusa, like an extra key?

Like, Twiddle catches Medusa, he gets an extra key. But that way Alleen, Haylo and Iceman have less incentive to let that happen - an advantage for Twiddle is an disadvantage for them. So they might want to steer things to be the one who catches Medusa themselves. Which adds the dilemma 'selfless or selfish?' to the mix and might sabotage teamwork.

It's already pretty complex as it is, and this just adds another whole layer...

....which is why I love it. :lol: Because yeah, the ability to sabotage teamwork always makes it more interesting.

You could also reverse that; whoever catches Medusa gets punished somehow (as if they get injured battling her). Loses their ability to vote? So then someone might be in the position to capture her, but then backs out haha.
  • Options
    Maybe we should mail this idea to Vier for use in the Belgian Mole. :smiley:

DO IT! lol
  • Options
    Do you get anything for it if they use your idea?
  • Options
    Alleenmens wrote: »
    Do you get anything for it if they use your idea?

Good question... :/ No idea on that. Not even sure if they'd accept it?
    Banner.png
  • Options
    You can try... :p
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Are we still waiting on someone's vote?
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    I was yeah, but I have them all now. Results in just a sec :0
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    RESULTS!

We have majority on Twiddle. Since Twiddle did not correctly guess, he has been TRAPPED..... forever after!
    Trapped.png
    Bye-bye birdy! A bird in his cage... how fitting ;)

Twiddle was.....
    NOT the saboteur

The saboteur will remain anonymous as we move onto the last round.... Which will be posted in like 12 hours or so.