Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

HELP! Celebrities are invading my game!

Is it just me or are celebrities too common in Get Famous? It makes sense that you are able to see a lot of them in the new world, but c'mon I had like 5 celebrities at the same time in my restaurant in Oasis Springs and none of the customers would sit down because they were star-struck by them. Also the game doesn't seem to stop generating new celebrities!!! Outside the new world I think we should see at most one random celebrity per neighborhood. Please tweak this devs!!!

Comments

• Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    edited November 2018
    I don't own the pack yet...But, I've thought that you can turn this off.. I've seen it somewhere where you can actually limit who you want to be a celebrity whenever you like..

ETA: Get Famous Celebrity System - check out the new panel for Get Famous..
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    Agree. Not a fan of the idea of random, homeless sims being celebrities, either. I kind of hoped it wouldn't generate any at all.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,596 Member
    edited November 2018
    I had opted out of that in the options.

Sims already famous will not be affected, but no sims should be created with any fame.

Game Options > Get Famous
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    brackencat31brackencat31 Posts: 318 Member
    I was worried about this, was hoping it would be hard to become a celebrity, I don’t want celebrities everywhere. I used to turn it off in sims 3.
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    LadyKyn wrote: »

Sims already famous will not be affected, but no sims should be created with any fame.

Welp. I hadn't realized that existed :s
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    Jprp83Jprp83 Posts: 400 Member
    xamira99 wrote: »
    I don't own the pack yet...But, I've thought that you can turn this off.. I've seen it somewhere where you can actually limit who you want to be a celebrity whenever you like..

ETA: Get Famous Celebrity System - check out the new panel for Get Famous..

OH! I was not aware of this! That is a huge help, thank you.

But still I think too many celebrities show up at the venues. They should be rare.
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Cupid wrote: »

Welp. I hadn't realized that existed :s

:p Yep, and I'm grateful we don't have to turn the celebrity system completely off and can keep already famous sims famous.

@Jprp83 Most welcome. I don't mind them for the most part things get busy and crazy THOUGH I would at least like at best a lot trait where it could deter or just make celebrities appear for more of a rarity.

They really just need to tweak sims that are staff on a lot (DJ's, bartenders, entertainment) as they'll always stop what they're doing if a celebrity happens to poses. Usually they won't be starstruck initially, but they definitely do from like dance battles and striking a pose.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member

It’s so awesome you can opt out if this! Going to do it now, thank you :)
  • Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member

I'm so glad this exists. If my game was swamped with townie celebrities I wouldn't buy the EP.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,608 Member
    Does the option stop your own sims becoming celebrities if you want them to be?
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,140 Member
    I thought this influx of celebrities would happen. One more reason why I am waiting to buy Get Famous. At least we can delete them if they become too much of a problem. :)
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Yes it does @elanorbreton.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I am also waiting a bit before buying. I do not want the fame or celebrities in my game in any way shape or form. Want to see how the game runs with it turned off before buying.

Is there a minimum amount of celebrities that the game needs?
    Can I turn it game of even before I start the first game after installing and never have a celebrity in my save ever?

I’m used to waiting for patches to be tested by the community before installing so I will sit back and wait.
  • Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    I wish we could set celebrity NPC walk-bys and visits by world or neighborhood, so we could choose which of our locations were the sorts of places celebrities would be, like in real life. (Except for the ones we homed, if we homed them in a non-celeb hood then they could still appear there normally.
  • Options

So... you either have to get over-run by celebrities or you can't become one? Sounds great.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

So... you either have to get over-run by celebrities or you can't become one? Sounds great.

From my understanding the sim that you are actively playing can increase it’s fame even if the system is turned off. I will have to read up a little bit more on it but it seems to be flexible.
  • Options
    TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member

I really hope this isn't true. I'd prefer to control how many celebrities my game has and really don't want random game created townies spawning as celebs.
  • Options

No.

Soon as your sim has had any little interaction on concerning fame you can tick the options and it works just fine.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    Thanks @SilentKitty @VentusMatt and @LadyKyn for letting us know. That is good to hear.
  • Options
    Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    Yeah, I think you have to turn it off for the whole game save as a whole and not individual worlds.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • Options
    soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    I was worried this would happen. 🐸🐸🐸🐸. Doesn't sound good. I haven't bought it yet. I'm afraid it's going to ruin the entire feel of my game. Celebrities should not be in every neighborhood. That's just dumb.
  • Options
    VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    edited November 2018
    Again there is an option to turn off fame for all sims that are created and are not famous to begin with. If you have a sim who you wish to be famous just choose to activate fame for them in their simology panel. Your game will not be overran by celebrity if you do opt out right at the start.

That is not to say that celebrity sims will not be generated at all. If you attend an event a scenario arises that requires a celebrity(ies) be it the award ceremony or the meet and greet a celebrity(ies) will be spawned if there are no celebrities for your game to pull from.

It is just like any role. If it it can't be assigned to or pulled from sims already in game a new one must be made to fill that role.
  • Options
    MrJinxMrJinx Posts: 2 New Member
    They spread like vampires in sims 3... sooner or later your entire towns will belong to celebs!
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member

No, if you want your Sim to become a celebrity, you can check the "Step into the Spotlight" circle. It's in the same section as the traits. That will enable your Sim to start collecting fame points.