Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I love this game!

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    JemkatkJemkatk Posts: 199 Member
    Further to my love of TS3 for its ability to create "immersive" scenarios; where else can you (with the help of a few mods and a nicely discovered post-apocalyptic world) can you create a post-nuclear war apocalyptic feel to an Apocalypse challenge or narrative story.

Can anyone do that with TS4 without having to stretch their imagination to the breaking point? Oh, apocalypse, zombie challenge, clear sunny skies while a bunch of people go jogging down the street and cars running along in the background. Yippee.

NuclearWinter1.jpg
    Screenshot-6.jpg

YES!!! It's a zombie apocalypse, everyone smile like a mental patient while jogging and "multitasking"!
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    edited November 2018
    Jemkatk wrote: »
    McTosh wrote: »
    i don't like windows 10 either. i only boot it up for a couple of games. sims 3 being one.
    i use linux as my main OS now (makulu, sometimes manjaro i switch between the two, sometimes steamOS too which is just debian)
    dont like the way windows is heading. they want too much control and power over what i do with my own computer which i paid for. its mine my computer doesnt belong to Microsoft get your evil spyware and locked down content out of my face bill gates

Exactly why I disabled automatic updates! Several times their "updates" have messed my computer up. My "personalized settings" wouldn't load and kept doing the not responding bit. Took me an hour last time to fix it. What is it with these companies acting like they own these machines?? Like, what I do with my $1200 laptop is none of your business, Microsoft.

I could put it in the oven if I'd like. Nintendo is getting pretty bad about it as well.
    Why don't they just lease the equipment to us if they feel the need to nanny us?

*cough-cough* Win10 Update 1809. *cough*...that was the final straw for automatic updates for me, I essentially went into my Windows folder and surgically removed the auto-update feature. Don't know if that thing regenerates, but I removed it from my Win10 Home Edition and refuse to update until they fix those file-deleting bugs that were in the 1809 update. And they still haven't managed to fix it yet. One bug after another. I'd move to Linux if I was certain of my computer skills, but I'm not.

https://www.zdnet.com/article/windows-10-1809-big-icloud-problem-were-working-on-fix-say-microsoft-apple/ <---- TRY HARDER, Microsquash.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    What is it with these companies acting like they own these machines?? Like, what I do with my $1200 laptop is none of your business, Microsoft.
    This is going to sound unkind, and I really don't meant it to be. But no one said you have to use Windows.

There seems to be a misunderstanding here, but it's a pretty common one. We (well, most of us) own our computers and other hardware. We do not own our operating systems, what we own is a license to use them. Sorry, but Microsoft does indeed own Windows just as Apple owns the Mac OS, and they can do whatever they want with them and annoy as many of their customers as they do see fit.

Now, let it be said that although it's solid under the hood, as a user I don't like Win 10 and am resisting the need to upgrade both at home and on the network I manage. Will have to give in eventually on both fronts, I can't run a corporate network with an out of support OS on every desktop and at home I'll have to buy new computers eventually. And I will find ways to throttle the auto-update mechanisms if things don't change from how they are being run now (setting the connection to "metered" is supposed to help do that) because my computers are not suitable to be testing grounds for MS or anyone else unless I say so. But even so, it's still not "my" operating system. :/

Those who demand that level of ownership over their system software I'm afraid need to be running Linux.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    ceyricceyric Posts: 1,584 Member
    The Sims 3 and all of its expansions are now only 5 dollars :)
    keep on keepin' on
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited November 2018
    ceyric wrote: »
    Through Origin?

(Googled but can’t find it anywhere that cheap, a link would be welcome for those interested)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,289 Member
    Here is the link to the Origin sale for their Black Friday sale this year.
    https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/store/deals/blackfriday

I too love TS3 as well.

And I also play on Windows 10 Home version but I never have any issues with my game and having to reset my settings after every Win10 update. I don't know but maybe it has something to do with the fact the my game was already on my computer when I upgraded from Windows 7 to the free version of Win10 before the offer expired. I mean I could be wrong about that but I've just never had any issues with my game and it's settings with Win10. I also the love the Windows 10 Creator that they've added about a year or so ago. I guess I must be one of the few who does love Win10, well besides my husband who needed to update to Windows 10 when the sites that he uses to pay the bills on stopped supporting WindowsXP. Plus he wanted to download and play a demo from Origin but it wouldn't let him as it kept saying that he needed to upgrade to Windows 10. So he had finally brought Win10 when he needed to buy a new hard drive for his PC.
  • Options
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    ceyric wrote: »
    Through Origin?

(Googled but can’t find it anywhere that cheap, a link would be welcome for those interested)

https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/store/deals/blackfriday

my bad! and it seems only the expansions are on sale, not the base game. Still a good deal for anyone wanting to complete their collection
    keep on keepin' on
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited November 2018
    @ceyric Thanks! But I fear it may depend on where you live? When I follow the link I see Sims 3 EP’s for € 19,99 (save 50%). Still a good deal though!
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    @ceyric Thanks! But I fear it may depend on where you live? When I follow the link I see Sims 3 EP’s for € 19,99 (save 50%). Still a good deal though!

Awe really? :/ Sorry about that once again!
    keep on keepin' on
  • Options
    Further to my love of TS3 for its ability to create "immersive" scenarios; where else can you (with the help of a few mods and a nicely discovered post-apocalyptic world) can you create a post-nuclear war apocalyptic feel to an Apocalypse challenge or narrative story.

Can anyone do that with TS4 without having to stretch their imagination to the breaking point? Oh, apocalypse, zombie challenge, clear sunny skies while a bunch of people go jogging down the street and cars running along in the background. Yippee.

You would NOT want to be stuck in this TS3 world...at all...and that's where the immersive nature of Sims 3 comes on full-bore "smack you in the face" realism.
    NuclearWinter1.jpg
    Screenshot-6.jpg

That. Is. Amazing!
    keep on keepin' on
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    edited November 2018
    igazor wrote: »
    What is it with these companies acting like they own these machines?? Like, what I do with my $1200 laptop is none of your business, Microsoft.
    This is going to sound unkind, and I really don't meant it to be. But no one said you have to use Windows.

There seems to be a misunderstanding here, but it's a pretty common one. We (well, most of us) own our computers and other hardware. We do not own our operating systems, what we own is a license to use them. Sorry, but Microsoft does indeed own Windows just as Apple owns the Mac OS, and they can do whatever they want with them and annoy as many of their customers as they do see fit.

Now, let it be said that although it's solid under the hood, as a user I don't like Win 10 and am resisting the need to upgrade both at home and on the network I manage. Will have to give in eventually on both fronts, I can't run a corporate network with an out of support OS on every desktop and at home I'll have to buy new computers eventually. And I will find ways to throttle the auto-update mechanisms if things don't change from how they are being run now (setting the connection to "metered" is supposed to help do that) because my computers are not suitable to be testing grounds for MS or anyone else unless I say so. But even so, it's still not "my" operating system. :/

Those who demand that level of ownership over their system software I'm afraid need to be running Linux.

That may be so, but when the updates start deleting customer files such as in Update 1809 (which is the current update) and Microsoft refuses to quality test their updates prior to release leaving it up to the user to "buyer beware", then it becomes negligent to the point where customers can turn around and sue them for damages incurred.

I'm pretty sure that the courts will probably be hearing of some of the cases where customers lost business-critical files in this update and Microsoft owning their Windows OS isn't going to help them one single iota.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    Thanks for the link to the Sims 3 sale. I just got all the EPs I am missing for $40
  • Options
    Thanks for the link to the Sims 3 sale. I just got all the EPs I am missing for $40

Same here! It was great to finally complete my collection :) and to those that are still debating, the game (including the base game this time haha) is on sale on steam for 5 dollars! (Once again, this may vary for region to region) happy summing everyone! <3
    keep on keepin' on
  • Options
    mw1525mw1525 Posts: 1,216 Member
    @Nikkei_Simmer - I was just on Fresh Prince's site and saw an Armored Pick-Up Truck, which looks beat up and a bit destroyed as all heck. Thought about your world and wondered if it might be something you would want for your game.

https://www.freshprincecreations.com/armoredpickuptruck
  • Options
    adamzaidadamzaid Posts: 1,999 Member
    i started playing around the start of 2012 this game and till today i play it ON A DAILY BASIS the sims 3 is a game i love from my heart and everytime i go back to sims 4 i dont have much fun! i just really wish that the sims team goes back and fixes all the issues the game has especially with new computers ):
  • Options
    Lilypink79Lilypink79 Posts: 115 Member
    edited November 2018
    I have windows 10 on my work laptop.... absolutely despise it lol I have windows 7 on my personal laptop and gaming PC although i still think xp was the best. I've played sims 1, 2 & 3. sims 3 is definitely the best for game play (if you overlook all the bugs) and sims 2 was the best for CC. I've not bothered with TS4, I have a free trial and i've not used it, not even sure I will as I can't imagine ever getting bored of TS3, there's so much left to discover.

I could put it in the oven if I'd like. Nintendo is getting pretty bad about it as well.
    Why don't they just lease the equipment to us if they feel the need to nanny us?

how I feel about origin LOL
    I've got 99 problems and TS4 glitches are 99 of them