Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I love this game!

Just booting it up and playing it brings me so many moments of nostalgia. I played the heck outta this game and it'll always be the best video game I've ever played <3
keep on keepin' on

Comments

• EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    I agree, I have been playing since sims 1, 2, 3 and have never grown tired of it. I have played sims 4 but it is not the same.
  • ceyricceyric Posts: 1,584 Member
    Evalen wrote: »
    I agree, I have been playing since sims 1, 2, 3 and have never grown tired of it. I have played Sims 4 but it is not the same.

I agree. I started playing TS3 in 2010 when I was just a kid, that's probably why I love it so much. Growing up with the game and exploring every single detail of it was super fun. Not to mention the open worlds, story progression, etc. These two things are probably why I'll never really like TS4 as much as TS3.
    keep on keepin' on
  • McToshMcTosh Posts: 638 Member
    I love sims 3 so much I will never get tired of it. I too tried #4 and it's just not the same. The world feels dead and other sims just feel like zombies. They don't even have lives of their own, it's like they only exist if you're within their radius.

With Sims 3 (+NRAAS) they exist, they're real. You could be at home cleaning your counter.. but they're out partying somewhere, having babies, getting married, going to work.. you can click on any community lot and you'll see them there.. living, without you, you're not needed, you're just.. part of the world instead of just being THE world like in S4. Things happen because they want it to happen. They don't happen because You want it to happen. It just feels so much more immersive and real, I love booting up my town and I love my Sims and I love my neighbours.
    ewb7fssg3zet.pngingame: commandermctosh feel free to add ;D
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    I feel the same as the rest of you. I plan to keep playing Sims 3 for the rest of my life, even if I have to someday play it on a virtual PC because my computer hardware needs to be replaced and there is no longer any Windows 7 compatible hardware available.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    You know, Win 7 wasn't even released yet when TS3 first came out. In theory, we should all be playing on Win XP or Vista. ;)

Rumor has it that Win 10 likes to mess with players' games sometimes, but it's not nor should it be incompatible.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    You know, Win 7 wasn't even released yet when TS3 first came out. In theory, we should all be playing on Win XP or Vista. ;)

Rumor has it that Win 10 likes to mess with players' games sometimes, but it's not nor should it be incompatible.

I always fear this when my computer updates.I finally have my game running well, and my biggest fear is I'll get some huge update to my laptop and make my game go wonky.XD
    edited November 2018
    Actually, @igazor, it's that I have no intention of ever going past Windows 7, because what my IT tech son has told me about Windows 8 and 10, I want nothing to do with them. So if someday I can't get hardware compatible with Windows 7, I'll be doing EVERYTHING on a virtual PC. I already use a Windows XP virtual PC for my programs that can't be used on Windows 7. Adding another is no big deal. My son prefers Linux, but he has to be familiar with all versions of Windows for his work.
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited November 2018
    <--- Windows 10 :p

I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • micheleimichelei Posts: 422 Member
    I miss sims 3 so much. It will always be my favorite game. I had to stop playing after my desktop computer had a unfortunate meeting with a toddler sippy cup. Apparently the cup was very full and the lid was very loose. Luckily my nephew is also very cute.

I have recently been playing sims 4 which was installed on the laptop. I am starting to enjoy it more but it will never replace the feel and the playability of sims 3.
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    I'm not fond of Win 10 and I don't even know if this laptop is really ideal for TS3 but it's been doing great for 2 years so I can't complain. A daily dose of TS3 keeps me happy :D
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    I'm not fond of Win 10 and I don't even know if this laptop is really ideal for TS3 but it's been doing great for 2 years so I can't complain. A daily dose of TS3 keeps me happy :D

Same here.Mine may not be the best for TS3, but with a few tweaks here and there, I got to where I can play comfortably.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,404 Member
    It's amazing how versatile TS3 is and the open worlds help in creating some unique storylines. :) Love this game. Plan to keep on playing it for as long as my computer will let me.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I have avoided Win10, mostly because I am used to the OS I have and know how to make it do the things I want it to, but also admittedly because I worry about breaking my games. I have only been playing TS3 for 6 years or so, but I still enjoy all the different stories I can tell with it. Honestly, I am old enough that it is still novel to me that my Sim guys can flirt and be romantic with other guys in a AAA game. Which might be why I do that so much, or maybe I am just a dirty old man. :D
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Can’t say Windows 10 gave me any problems with Sims 3.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    I have no problems with sims 3 in Windows 10, I just don't like windows 10.
  • McToshMcTosh Posts: 638 Member
    i don't like windows 10 either. i only boot it up for a couple of games. sims 3 being one.
    i use linux as my main OS now (makulu, sometimes manjaro i switch between the two, sometimes steamOS too which is just debian)
    dont like the way windows is heading. they want too much control and power over what i do with my own computer which i paid for. its mine my computer doesnt belong to Microsoft get your evil spyware and locked down content out of my face bill gates
    ewb7fssg3zet.pngingame: commandermctosh feel free to add ;D
    McTosh wrote: »
    ...they want too much control and power over what i do with my own computer which i paid for. its mine my computer doesnt belong to Microsoft get your evil spyware and locked down content out of my face bill gates

Exactly why I want nothing to do with it.
  • CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    Windows 10 pardon my French su’cks!! After pretty much every update I get a few surprises to deal with, last time it reset all my options settings in my saves. It came with my new laptop so I had no choice, it doesn’t have any issues with Sims 3 normally.

I have Windows 7 on my old laptop and Sims 3 still plays wonderfully!
  • Odonata68Odonata68 Posts: 1,076 Member
    edited November 2018
    I have Windows 10 and it works fine with Sims3. I just hate all of the extra "stuff" on my computer that it won't let me uninstall, like the Xbox apps. I don't have an Xbox.

Edit: Oh, and I love this game too. :smiley:
  • puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    I, of course, love this game.

Windows 10, not so much. But then again, I'm a mac person, so that's not surprising. I will say that I've had almost no trouble playing TS3 via Bootcamp (the only reason I partitioned my macbook pro's hard drive in the first place). It was certainly a lot easier to get the game up and running in Windows than in mac OS, but that's a rant discussion for another section.

@Charlottesmom The update probably reset your options.ini file. You could always save a copy somewhere else and then replace the one in your game folder after the next update. But it's annoying that we even have to do that at all.
    Any time your graphics drivers are updated, which sometimes happens with Windows updates, it always resets your game settings. What you need to do is save a backup of your options.ini file. Then after an update, either remove your The Sims 3 folder from your Electronics Arts folder in My Documents or change the name temporarily. Then let the game generate a new one. Open the Options.ini file from the new folder in notepad and find the place where it says "last device = " Copy the line of text after the "=" from the new folder and replace the text in your backup copy with it. Then save and copy that Options.ini file back into your temporarily renamed or moved folder, delete the new folder, and change your original folder back. Then your settings will be back to normal.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,404 Member
    Further to my love of TS3 for its ability to create "immersive" scenarios; where else can you (with the help of a few mods and a nicely discovered post-apocalyptic world) can you create a post-nuclear war apocalyptic feel to an Apocalypse challenge or narrative story.

Can anyone do that with TS4 without having to stretch their imagination to the breaking point? Oh, apocalypse, zombie challenge, clear sunny skies while a bunch of people go jogging down the street and cars running along in the background. Yippee.

You would NOT want to be stuck in this TS3 world...at all...and that's where the immersive nature of Sims 3 comes on full-bore "smack you in the face" realism.
    NuclearWinter1.jpg
    Screenshot-6.jpg

GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    <--- Windows 8 and 10 :D

NymlADp.jpg
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Further to my love of TS3 for its ability to create "immersive" scenarios; where else can you (with the help of a few mods and a nicely discovered post-apocalyptic world) can you create a post-nuclear war apocalyptic feel to an Apocalypse challenge or narrative story.

Can anyone do that with TS4 without having to stretch their imagination to the breaking point? Oh, apocalypse, zombie challenge, clear sunny skies while a bunch of people go jogging down the street and cars running along in the background. Yippee.

You would NOT want to be stuck in this TS3 world...at all...and that's where the immersive nature of Sims 3 comes on full-bore "smack you in the face" realism.
    NuclearWinter1.jpg
    Screenshot-6.jpg

That is really quite beautiful. Nice job. :astonished:
  • JemkatkJemkatk Posts: 199 Member
    McTosh wrote: »
    i don't like windows 10 either. i only boot it up for a couple of games. sims 3 being one.
    i use linux as my main OS now (makulu, sometimes manjaro i switch between the two, sometimes steamOS too which is just debian)
    dont like the way windows is heading. they want too much control and power over what i do with my own computer which i paid for. its mine my computer doesnt belong to Microsoft get your evil spyware and locked down content out of my face bill gates

Exactly why I disabled automatic updates! Several times their "updates" have messed my computer up. My "personalized settings" wouldn't load and kept doing the not responding bit. Took me an hour last time to fix it. What is it with these companies acting like they own these machines?? Like, what I do with my $1200 laptop is none of your business, Microsoft.

I could put it in the oven if I'd like. Nintendo is getting pretty bad about it as well.
    Why don't they just lease the equipment to us if they feel the need to nanny us?