Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game Saving on Exit When I Didn't Save

Weird. You know that trick where something just happened in your game you didn't want, or you just deleted something you shouldn't have, or you just NEED a do-over for some reason ...so you choose 'Just exit to Manage Worlds' (and NOT 'Save and go to Manage Worlds') and everything since your last save just goes away?

Well, in my game that is not working anymore. I did a game repair and removed my cache files yesterday. I just tested it again to confirm and it IS saving on exit, even when I DO NOT choose 'Save and go to Manage Worlds'.

Anyone else having this issue, or is it just me?
Sims 4 Gallery
EA ID: SheriGR
TWITTER: https://twitter.com/SheriGr
"What does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." ― Micah 6:8

Comments

• Options
    Evalyn326Evalyn326 Posts: 167 Member
    Hmm this doesn't happen in my game. Did you try this in another save file too?
  • Options
    GageaGagea Posts: 1,275 Member
    You have to go to the main screen without saving to lose your game progress not to Manage Worlds.
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    Gagea wrote: »
    You have to go to the main screen without saving to lose your game progress not to Manage Worlds.

you can do either
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    DrakosDrakos Posts: 451 Member
    edited September 2018
    If you just go to manage worlds and then back in to the game you aren't going to a prior save, just the game you left. You can only load a previous save from the main screen.
  • Options
    SheriGRSheriGR Posts: 795 Member
    edited September 2018
    @Evalyn326 I just tested it in my other 'saved' file. Same thing happens when exiting to Manage Worlds in that game save...

@Cupid ...That is exactly what I thought. I'm not sure if something changed in my game or I never noticed the difference, BUT...

@Gagea ...I just tested this in both of my game saves and I found it to work just as you said! If I choose 'Just exit to Manage Worlds' (and NOT 'Save and go to Manage Worlds') my game changes are saved anyway, even if I had not saved them (which seems weird and misleading if its just going to save no matter what I choose, but when seen in the way that @Drakos explained that makes sense – though not very intuitively worded in my opinion), BUT... if I choose 'Exit to Main Menu' (and NOT 'Save and Exit') THEN it will not save any changes I had already saved.

So weird I never noticed this difference. Good to know. Thank you all so much!!
    Sims 4 Gallery
    EA ID: SheriGR
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/SheriGr
    "What does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." ― Micah 6:8
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited September 2018
    I guess I misunderstood the question. I was just assuming that after you went to manage worlds without saving, you exited the game or returned to the main menu.

When you go to manage worlds without saving, it does not save the game. It also does not revert your game to the point of the last one. They just like to give you the option to save before entering a loading screen in case you end up crashing or something like that. But no progress is ever lost until you actually exit that save.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    EA_LannaEA_Lanna Posts: 3,867 EA Community Manager
    edited September 2018
    Hey folks, I've had to move this thread from General Discussion into the Help Center.:) We have archived the Help Center a few weeks ago though as the Help Center is now hosted on another EA forum: Answers HQ. This announcement from @EA_Mage will expand on the why's. Please recreate this thread over on Answers HQ in the Sims section under Bugs and Game Issues.
    • New Simmers, take a moment to read through this thread.
    • The Help Center is hosted on Answers HQ. Check out EA_Mage's thread on why.
    • Please post all Sims 4 Bug Reports, Technical and Gameplay issues in the AHQ Sims 4 Section.
    • Here is a quick link to The Sims forum rules
    oa2aib6yaucg.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top