The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Update Stream Discussion

123457...Next

Comments

• Options
    WhiteMojoWhiteMojo Posts: 126 Member
    Thanks @EA-Mage and @lceyj for directing me to the live stream comments about the issue of reuploaded other's work. I love painting from reference and love seeing people use them in their rooms, just don't like it when the wall is just reuploaded as is. But to be honest there is really only 1 person that does this persistently and consistently with all paintings uploaded by anyone.
    JeJUZyk.png
  • Options
    Mandykay77Mandykay77 Posts: 21 Member
    With the new update and popular now being the set to as default when you open the gallery, it is causing new builds not to be seen. Many simmers don't know or don't realize the change causing new simmers/ builds a disadvantage over those with a ton of followers. I spent a good amount of time yesterday watching new builds as they were uploaded to the gallery , very nice builds had either none or very few ,as low as 1 to 2 downloads. I feel these builds would have done a whole lot better if they were uploaded before the update. People don't know to switch over to newest or don't know how ( newer simmers). Please , Please, Please change back to newest being default and support all builders , not just ones with followers.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,922 Member
    Afterthought: When you think about it - the fact that new uploads are being ignored is a good chance for those of us wanting to transfer items between computers to upload them all and not worry about saving Trays or using USB sticks as no one will notice anyway! >:)

I do like the Patch otherwise and my Sims will all have easels in their inventories!
  • Options
    BittersweetBittersweet Posts: 23 Member
    > @Writin_Reg said:
    > Bittersweet wrote: »
    >
    > @Writin_Reg I'm curious as to what patch you have been on without issues? Have you installed the 7/31 patch yet? I ask because I've been too scared to install Seasons (along with a game and stuff pack) based off the bugs I've read about. I'm really scared about my current saves getting the mass freezing deaths bug if I install.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I have all patches and all packs. What I don't have is mods or CC and I don't use game cheats. I never wait to patch. I have my game set to automatically patch. I also never shut off Origin as it does not bother my pc - I allow EA to monitor my game anytime they want too.
    >
    > I gave all my sims five of each summer and winter outfits, and thus far have not had a freeze death - but I have seen a few NPCs/homeless ones mostly that have frozen to death. None of my own Sims have. Right now I have just 12 houses I play in rotation, I had restarted a brand new game after Pets came out. I also gave new outfits for weather to some of the Maxis households too - but have not done them all.
    >
    > I suggest save often when you play and if you have a freeze death of your sim - quit without saving so you don't lose them. I have always saved my game every 30 minutes, even in build mode - it is super fast to do, so why chance it.

Thanks for answering about your game. That's interesting you've barely had any issues. I don't have any mods and just have a small amount of CC. Thanks for the tips, too. I think I'll keep reading some more on the update and just wait a while still before installing.
  • Options
    ginnysakazakiginnysakazaki Posts: 10 New Member
    > @Mandykay77 said:
    > With the new update and popular now being the set to as default when you open the gallery, it is causing new builds not to be seen. Many simmers don't know or don't realize the change causing new simmers/ builds a disadvantage over those with a ton of followers. I spent a good amount of time yesterday watching new builds as they were uploaded to the gallery , very nice builds had either none or very few ,as low as 1 to 2 downloads. I feel these builds would have done a whole lot better if they were uploaded before the update. People don't know to switch over to newest or don't know how ( newer simmers). Please , Please, Please change back to newest being default and support all builders , not just ones with followers.

I completely agree. One of my uploads happened to be in Popular now when the update came live, and it got almost 10.000 downloads in a day, which is completely insane. It shows the impact that the Popular Now filter has, being the default setting. Also I noticed almost all new uploads have ZERO downloads and favs. I usually search the newest uploads to discover new interesting buildings, so I can tell the big difference this change has made.
  • Options
    Mandykay77Mandykay77 Posts: 21 Member
    > @ginnysakazaki said:
    > > @Mandykay77 said:
    > > With the new update and popular now being the set to as default when you open the gallery, it is causing new builds not to be seen. Many simmers don't know or don't realize the change causing new simmers/ builds a disadvantage over those with a ton of followers. I spent a good amount of time yesterday watching new builds as they were uploaded to the gallery , very nice builds had either none or very few ,as low as 1 to 2 downloads. I feel these builds would have done a whole lot better if they were uploaded before the update. People don't know to switch over to newest or don't know how ( newer simmers). Please , Please, Please change back to newest being default and support all builders , not just ones with followers.
    >
    > I completely agree. One of my uploads happened to be in Popular now when the update came live, and it got almost 10.000 downloads in a day, which is completely insane. It shows the impact that the Popular Now filter has, being the default setting. Also I noticed almost all new uploads have ZERO downloads and favs. I usually search the newest uploads to discover new interesting buildings, so I can tell the big difference this change has made.

Thanks Ginnysakazaki for commenting, congrats to you on 10,000 thou , lol. It's very disappointing to many and understandably so. Hope someone see this and other fellow simmers concerns and this gets corrected quickly.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited August 2018
    IngeJones wrote: »
    kaiwrysims wrote: »
    I'm very excited about maxis monthly and guru garage. I love watching the gurus stream even if it's not showing off something new.

Yeah they're fun to watch. But I still miss SimGuruSmitty for sheer exuberance :D

Oh goodness - I do too. She had the worlds best giggle and she really, really loved making the worlds for the Sims 3 store. On top of it she answered all our questions. She was how I found out what tools Maxis used in the Sims 2 and 3 and how they made the CAW tool off of their World Builder tool.

She was definitely a great Guru that I felt privileged to get to know fairly well.

She was also a great and genuine person. I never stopped hoping that one day her and her family would return to So. Cal and maybe the Sims too.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    I would also like to add my voice to the people that are not happy with "most popular now" being the default now. It means that simmers with less followers or likes get even less exposure and therefore less potential follows or likes. I find it also takes away the variety since "most popular" seem to always look the same, same style for sims with those (awful) cc poses and "perfect" looks and same type of builds: over the top, nice to look at but not practical to really play in.
    Having the "newest" as the default, brings the diversity and quirckiness that I think makes simmers such a special bunch and it should remain that way.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    Okay, I'm not sure if it's just my game, but my sims' family tree keeps glitching out. I would click on one person, to see their family tree, and it would show doubles. This happened right after I got the update. Please Help.

The same thing happened to me and I love big generations :/ hope they fix it soon.
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • Options
    JemmaTheSimmerJemmaTheSimmer Posts: 388 Member
    The new layout is definitely worse for us 'normal' simmers. I uploaded a new build last night (though my game crashed twice whilst trying to upload it, which was really frustrating), the screenshots were awful quality (my game is on high/ultrasettings) and have 0 downloads. I usually get some downloads instantly, plus it was a more modern build which has been the most popular for me in the past. Super demotivating.
  • Options
    Ginzu19Ginzu19 Posts: 239 Member
    I feel the same way, seeing almost all new uploads getting zero response is super sad, and shows how wrong this new default for the gallery is, and how it is hurting the diversity. It needs to be reverted ASAP
  • Options
    Gallery seems broken again. Went online and only "popular now" shows up with no new lots showing at all. Uploaded a lot to check and at long length it appeared in my profile. Checked cache again (after finding nearly 400 jpgs of Gallery lots on it before) and found another over 2 megabytes of "Popular now" thumbnails of 138 lots and posed households I have no interest in.
  • Options
    AbyArashiAbyArashi Posts: 386 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    Gallery seems broken again. Went online and only "popular now" shows up with no new lots showing at all. Uploaded a lot to check and at long length it appeared in my profile. Checked cache again (after finding nearly 400 jpgs of Gallery lots on it before) and found another over 2 megabytes of "Popular now" thumbnails of 138 lots and posed households I have no interest in.

Yep this is happening to me too right now and it's really upsetting to be honest
    My Origin ID is AbyArashi
  • Options
    AbyArashi wrote: »
    Simburian wrote: »

Yep this is happening to me too right now and it's really upsetting to be honest

They really don't understand us do they. Offending Simmers all over, Those speaking European languages, Australians and New Zealanders as well. American English is to be the norm as well.

I think I will play Offline in future and ignore all online content so as not to get my blood pressure to boiling point.
  • Options
    ronnigirl67ronnigirl67 Posts: 209 Member
    I keep getting 0 results when searching Newest. Am I supposed to believe that not one sim or lot has been uploaded recently? Also, when searching Popular Now or Most Popular, it's the exact same sims and lots I've been seeing since the update. I don't enjoy building so I depend on the awesome creators in this community. As it is now, the gallery is completely useless to me. :(
  • Options
    nychickraenychickrae Posts: 34 Member
    Can they please fix the rotting leaves all over the place
  • Options
    SpenndraginSpenndragin Posts: 17 Member
    The only tab, (other than my personal library), I'm seeing anything in is the popular now. And even then, if I click on another tab and go back to the popular tab, it too has disappeared.
  • Options
    The only tab, (other than my personal library), I'm seeing anything in is the popular now. And even then, if I click on another tab and go back to the popular tab, it too has disappeared.

Same here. They need to go back to the drawing board. Perhaps Simmers were so "hyped" they overloaded the servers! :#;)
  • Options
    crims0nknight62crims0nknight62 Posts: 30 Member
    The sims 4 servers are completely down for me after the update. Anyone else? :(
    Origin ID: crims0nkn1ght62
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    EA_MageEA_Mage Posts: 1,354 EA Staff (retired)
    edited August 2018

We are indeed having some issues - it is under investigation.

Thank you for your patience while we work on this.
  • Options
    LordkiribatiLordkiribati Posts: 201 Member
    I agree...the "popular now" tab shouldn't be the default tab. It makes it harder for smaller simmers and in my opinion encourages a toxic and competitve environment where everyone wants to be on top. Every simmer deserves the same opportunities. But thank you a lot for the gallery update, it's great to know Maxis didn't forget about this small corner of the sims community :)
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    EA_Mage wrote: »

We are indeed having some issues - it is under investigation.
    [..]
    Thank you for your patience while we work on this.

Oh, thank you for letting us know! :smile: I thought it was just me! :lol:

~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    Mullewap78Mullewap78 Posts: 10 New Member
    Im very unhappy with the new setting in the Gallery with the "Most Popular" Its very unfair. Why build and share anything if we dont at least get seen in new when we upload. The new gallery is bad.