Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Potential Hints to next SP from Graham's Twitter!!

JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
So I saw a few threads going around about @SimGuruGraham and his twitter profile and I am SO curious!

27072907_10101385953805160_4418455994365176626_n.jpg?oh=ede66b52171dfbd35975b8f569906c40&oe=5AEBC6EA26994334_10101385953785200_5970298244125106712_n.jpg?oh=8973c712ad6adc7ac342e8270b81c20d&oe=5AE246F526993526_10101385990925770_5760763358989969251_n.jpg?oh=06c9aa88c80c9170019b0b9382d2dbb7&oe=5B263BE827066862_10101387350346480_4832875048504823816_n.jpg?oh=c3324bae7098b082d5f681dede58c3b1&oe=5B2540EF

So here is the thing.. it could be hinting a new SP.. but there was nothing about a second SP this quarter.. doesn't mean it isn't coming.. but I don't know if I believe that. So is this just an NPC?

Also - because there are different pictures of bugs, I totally agree with others speculating about an exterminator NPC! And there looks like if that is what it is, there will be more than one type of bug!!

What are your thoughts?!
Post edited by JayandMeeka on

Comments

• Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Exterminator npc is more likely than a bug stuff pack.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    @LoveMcQueen5683 agreed. But then why does he have SP like symbols? NPC exterminator within a SP?
  • Options
    KatyJay88 wrote: »
    @LoveMcQueen5683 agreed. But then why does he have SP like symbols? NPC exterminator within a SP?

The cockroach icon was actually taken from a bug exterminator company that @SimGuruGraham found on google images. And its lacking that crystalline texture the other sp icons have. Plus nothing was mentioned about a bug stuff this quarter and its 2 months too early to be teasing us for a stuff pack that would at the earliest come out in April. And we already have bugs in outdoor retreat so im not really too sure what they could add in a stuff pack.

It's either hinting at an exterminator npc returning or he was just trolling the community. Although I dont really understand why because april fools is 2 months away.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    KatyJay88 wrote: »

The cockroach icon was actually taken from a bug exterminator company that @SimGuruGraham found on google images. And its lacking that crystalline texture the other sp icons have. Plus nothing was mentioned about a bug stuff this quarter and its 2 months too early to be teasing us for a stuff pack that would at the earliest come out in April. And we already have bugs in outdoor retreat so im not really too sure what they could add in a stuff pack.

It's either hinting at an exterminator npc returning or he was just trolling the community. Although I dont really understand why because april fools is 2 months away.

Fair enough. It does seem strange that if it is a new SP, it wasn't in the quarter and you're right it's cruel to be teasing something for next quarter when it's as far away as it is!
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    At first I thought there might've been like an Insects Pets Stuff Pack, but an Exterminator NPC as well as different types of bugs appearing in Sims' households sounds more likely, it would be cool if this means that the Insects from Outdoor Retreat will get a bit of an upgrade.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    They are still ironing out the bugs in the heap of plumsauce that was laundry day. They need to chill out on the packs and fix the halfbaked dumpster fires theyve come out with so far
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • Options
    DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    If it is an exterminator NPC, my question would be what makes them make an exterminator NPC before the far more common requests like firefighter and burglar? Seems a bit odd and makes me wonder why that NPC specifically got picked.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • Options
    If it is an exterminator NPC, my question would be what makes them make an exterminator NPC before the far more common requests like firefighter and burglar? Seems a bit odd and makes me wonder why that NPC specifically got picked.

Probably because we already got some pests in city living so some of the work is already done.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options

I doubt we will ever get burglars. If they would have been coming any time i would have assumed theyd have come with GTW and the detective career. They know they cant get us to spend money on something that came with base game (we would actually tear them a new one for even trying) so theyre going to give us ones they can charge us for instead, until they decide to get the free content team on it anyway.
    -Cars Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    They are still ironing out the bugs in the heap of plumsauce that was laundry day. They need to chill out on the packs and fix the halfbaked dumpster fires theyve come out with so far

Could be just a reference to ironing out bugs. And I've only seen 2 reported bugs, I wouldn't call that heaps, unless you're trying to make a laundry pun, then carry on.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options

Could be just a reference to ironing out bugs. And I've only seen 2 reported bugs, I wouldn't call that heaps, unless you're trying to make a laundry pun, then carry on.

I like word play too much lmao i even do it when im complaining
    -Cars Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • Options
    DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Somebody on Twitter said they found the icon on google images for some bug extermination company.

So @SimGuruGraham might be just trolling.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/934091/graham-shows-next-sp-icon-the-sims-4-cockroach-stuff/p2

Probably because we already got some pests in city living so some of the work is already done.

That's unlikely to happen, because for one thing pests came in that city living and has of yet a stuff pack ever had to have a requirement for an expansion pack hook up. What is likely, and smart to get a return is a (as many people massively requested for) firefighter comeback. We got fire in base game, so work is already done.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    Maybe he’s hinting at a huge bug patch in February???
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    I will say that I am very sad that bug collecting is only for granite falls. Bug collecting in base game would open up so many more oppurtunities for things like potion making.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    filipomel wrote: »

If he posts the picture of the rodent in the next couple of days, we'll know if he is hinting at a big bug fix patch or a pest/exterminator update.

I think tonight he is going to change his picture to the spider or the mouse.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member

I sure hope so! Haven't played the game since I updated to the November patch and dead Sims started getting resurrected glitched.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited January 2018
    Those insects are in the game already. Roaches in CL. Spiders in Spooky Stuff. The last one in Outdoor retreat.

So none of them are projected insects and surely nothing an exterminator would be needed for. In CL the sims stomp on them. In spooky stuff they are animated decor in the decor webs. In OR they are collectibles. None of this would bring in an exterminator - especially decor spiders. LOL.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    edited January 2018
    If I know SimGuruGraham, he could be just trolling.

Probably.
    Post edited by AshtontoAshton22 on
  • Options

If he posts the picture of the rodent in the next couple of days, we'll know if he is hinting at a big bug fix patch or a pest/exterminator update.

I think tonight he is going to change his picture to the spider or the mouse.

He changed it to the spider. Im guessing 7pm est he will change it everyday
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    I think hes hinting toward an enormous bug fix. (M)Axis is going on a bug extermination spree. I think they just got him to do it because the icons Axis use look uncannily like an SP.
    And i cant waaaaaaait because some of my games are just ugh. So buggy i can only come up with "ugh" to describe my pain
    -Cars Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited January 2018
    I think hes hinting toward an enormous bug fix. (M)Axis is going on a bug extermination spree. I think they just got him to do it because the icons Axis use look uncannily like an SP.
    And i cant waaaaaaait because some of my games are just ugh. So buggy i can only come up with "ugh" to describe my pain
    I feel you. I hope they took their time to fix some bugs rather than creating an unnecessary event challenge that only lasts for 2 weeks until it's gone forever
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    I feel you. I hope they took their time to fix some bugs rather than creating an unnecessary event challenge that only lasts for 2 weeks until it's gone forever

I havent seen a challenge in forever lmao I think they saw how annoying we all thought they were and decided to focus on free content that'd stick around. Like the holiday stuff. Which is good because if they kept that up half the build mode would be locked objects we can never ever find useful lmao
    -Cars Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • Options
    AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    But we don't know if he's hinting a stuff pack. He could be hinting a major patch for all we know.
  • Options
    ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member

I think you may be right. I would love to have bug infestations and all that could go along with that, as well as an exterminator; unfortunately, I've learned to lower my expectations with this iteration. A massive bug fix patch would be nice if it fixed a lot of the game-breaking bugs.
  • Options
    Updated to include a mouse!
    As @LoveMcQueen5683 said in another thread, this is looking like a pest tease as opposed to a insect/bug thing.

So excited!!