Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New SP?

What does everyone think ?

9jone0.png
21mbz47.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited January 2018
    What in the....

First, it's weird because it's for the next SP and we aren't even past this quarter.

Second...a cockroach? That's weird. Extermination SP? Exterminator service, death by flies, even more cockroaches besides the exclusive apartment trait? It seems a bit dumpy though that they were on city living and now they would be "re-selling" the feature again except not stuck on the apartments. That's kind of shady honestly.

Maybe it's Dirty Floor SP. Or Sludge Day SP. No wait....Trash Romance SP.

The gameplay object is the new trash compactor. Sims will now make multiple types of trash, from putrid trash, to radioactive trash. Gluton sims can eat trash. In one of the trash piles you will see a The Sims 4 video game cover. Trash plant now enables a new aura around sims that will make them smell trashy when they eat it. New trashinator that will make random pieces of trash fall out of the sky.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    PolluxSimsPolluxSims Posts: 318 Member
    I don't think it's a cockroach, I think maybe it's a beetle, which if this has to do with the adventure pack we're getting, it might make sense. A scarab perhaps?
    Read my Sawyer Legacy Simlit on Wordpress
    - Origin ID: PolluxSims -
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    Scarab

a large dung beetle of the eastern Mediterranean area, regarded as sacred in ancient Egypt.
    an ancient Egyptian gem cut in the form of a scarab beetle, sometimes depicted with the wings spread, and engraved with hieroglyphs on the flat underside.

ftv2WSL.png
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I got it! It's a free Valentine's patch. Jasmine comes to your house and gives you a box of candy but when you open it, cockroaches infest the entire house. <3
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I got it! It's a free Valentine's patch. Jasmine comes to your house and gives you a box of candy but when you open it, cockroaches infest the entire house. <3

This confirms that Jasmine is a harbinger of the apocalypse. As most of the Simming community already suspected
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Unfortuanly this rules out Pool Stuff as being the next sp.
  • Options
    mitchiebanjomitchiebanjo Posts: 172 Member
    Maybe it's an apocalypse pack. It's said that long after humans wipe themselves out there will still be cockroaches.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Maybe it's an apocalypse pack. It's said that long after humans wipe themselves out there will still be cockroaches.

to much for an sp I wouldn't mind a pet cockroach I would name him max
    and death by bugs sounds great >:)>:)>:)
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Creepy Crawlies stuff..?
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Hopefully this is some joke and not the Insects/Small Pets pack from the survey awhile back I cant imagine how bad it would be as a stuff pack.

Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    LittlBowBubLittlBowBub Posts: 1,745 Member
    It's defiantly an insect lol. Perhaps a hint towards a garden stuff pack? Tbh it seems like it's just something for the sims community to gossip over until some actual news come out. Which is quite funny because some people are reaching as to what it could link to. It's probably just a joke.
  • Options
    beladanibeladani Posts: 61 Member
    I'm thinking of anthills, beehives, those kind of stuff. They said that the icon shows the main gameplay function in the stuff pack... but I have no idea what can you do with those insects.
    pncFLnjBj
  • Options
    ToreshinboToreshinbo Posts: 561 Member
    You know, April Fools is coming up, and I don't really trust it.
    If it's legit?
    - Gardening? No, it would feature a tree, plant or fruit
    - Small pets? I think it would feature a guinea pig or something
    - Dangerous stuff? Hmm could be, but cockroaches are not that dangerous though...
    - Exterminator stuff? Oh please no

I don't trust it until there's official confirmation.
  • Options
    graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,330 Member
    I'd say it's the small animal pack, if it's a gamepack?
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited January 2018
    Scarab

a large dung beetle of the eastern Mediterranean area, regarded as sacred in ancient Egypt.
    an ancient Egyptian gem cut in the form of a scarab beetle, sometimes depicted with the wings spread, and engraved with hieroglyphs on the flat underside.

ftv2WSL.png

It's clearly a cockroach due to the large thingies it has on it's head. Scarabs are fatter and don't have as big antenas.
    DIY-cockroach-control.jpg
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    LittlBowBubLittlBowBub Posts: 1,745 Member
    It's green for a stuff pack so I'm assuming that's what it's pointing too. I doubt they'd show us the actual image for a final stuff back before anything has been said officially.
    A garden stuff pack isn't much of a reach that's where you find bugs and such. Not that I want a garden stuff pack id much rather have something more exciting.
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Toreshinbo wrote: »
    If it's legit?
    - Dangerous stuff? Hmm could be, but cockroaches are not that dangerous though...

I think it's a joke myself but April's Fool is like 2 months away!
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    TristySnowTristySnow Posts: 13 New Member
    That is just weird lol and yeah I do think it's a cockroach too and not a beetle or scarab. But it's hard to imagine what it means exactly. All I can think of right now is bug sprays and exterminators which don't sound too good.
  • Options
    lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Maybe it could be a Grunge/Junkyard SP? I don't know what could be the new gameplay objects though. I can only think of trash piles like in TS3 Ambitions, where you could get scraps to use with the Inventing skill but I don't see what's the point of that without an Inventing skill (I think adding an invention workbench, inventions, robots, etc. like in Ambitions would be too much for an SP, and even then the icon probably wouldn't have been a cockroach but a robot, a gear or some sort of tool).
  • Options
    Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    edited January 2018
    Could that be the starter home SP?
    I'd love that one with space saving furniture (bunk beds, fridges that fit under counters, junk sale) and maybe cockroaches?
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • Options
    graventhe wrote: »
    I'd say it's the small animal pack, if it's a gamepack?

Gamepacks come with blue icons not green. Graham wouldn't be teasing us with a Gamepack. That would be SGNinja
  • Options
    BreezaaRoseBreezaaRose Posts: 105 Member
    @Erja888 Ooh I hope so, that’s the best guess yet! Bunk beds please
    mJoj-3.gif

• Options
    Toreshinbo wrote: »
    If it's legit?

I think it's a joke myself but April's Fool is like 2 months away!

We're still in January.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I would love bunk beds but Sim Guru Graham has said bunk beds are too “big” for a stuff pack.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I would love bunk beds but Sim Guru Graham has said bunk beds are too “big” for a stuff pack.

Happy to know that I won't have to pay 10$ just for bunkbeds. :)
    Lu4ERme.gif