Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do YOU think the new GP is about?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I think that at the very least we can all agree on that there'll be a new world. It just depends on if it's going to be just another vacation world or a world we can live in. Or even if there's more than one, but I doubt it.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Relic hunting
  • Options
    TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    I didnt like WA in ts3 so i am not excited in the slighest
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited January 2018
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I wonder when the GP info will begin to flow.

Hopefully in the next week or two. Can't wait to see the trailer.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member

February 1st is Thursday week, so maybe real soon after that.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member

February 1st is Thursday week, so maybe real soon after that.

I hope so
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited January 2018
    It's not WA lite because it's just one location. I picked Tomb Exploration, I think the skeleton tells us that and that doesn't sound like a relaxing vacation.
    That would be the lite part.

I can’t imagine they’ll do the tomb exploring again to be honest. So I think they will add certain aspects of WA to the GP, with new features and ideas.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    GelysenGelysen Posts: 214 Member
    To be honest I'm already excited about a new type of world, We haven't really seen any jungle worlds so far.

I hope it'll atleast come with nice tropical trees and plants, a lot of builders will be happy with more trees, bushes, plants and flowers that fit the tropical theme.
    I really liked The sims 2: Castaway and to possibly see more of that style back makes me really happy.

I'm just really hungry for more info atm^^ some sneak peek pictures or an official render or just something... I know we can't get the actual trailer yet but like a sneak peek would make me really happy and could give us some more juice to speculate with.
    My sims 4 wishlist:
    -Spiral, L&U shaped stairs-More hair colors-Alternative fashion(Goth,Punk,lolita)-More rabbit hole careers-Witches,Plantsims,Werewolves.
  • Options
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    It's not WA lite because it's just one location. I picked Tomb Exploration, I think the skeleton tells us that and that doesn't sound like a relaxing vacation.

I can’t imagine they’ll do the tomb exploring again to be honest. So I think they will add certain aspects of WA to the GP, with new features and ideas.

I still think there is a beach and their just saving the best part of the info for the official press release and trailer. A beach vacation that also offers exploring and adventures. That's what I'm hoping for.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member

I still think there is a beach and their just saving the best part of the info for the official press release and trailer. A beach vacation that also offers exploring and adventures. That's what I'm hoping for.

Wouldn't that be two different themes?

Beach holiday to me says relaxation, family, single and couple fun.

Exploring and skeletons doesn't scream that to me.
  • Options
    Yeah no beach vacation will be another pack.
    My sims 4 wishlist:
    -Spiral, L&U shaped stairs-More hair colors-Alternative fashion(Goth,Punk,lolita)-More rabbit hole careers-Witches,Plantsims,Werewolves.
  • Options

Again, why shove two different themes into one pack and cut them both in half. I have no problem with a beach vacation but I want it to be the only theme in a pack so I can get all the beach stuff I want, not half. And I have no doubt that there will be some water of some kind like a steam or river or, hopefully, waterfalls. All of these I can see in a jungle exploration pack but I do not think we will be able to swim in the water and any beach areas will be décor, just like GF.
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Yeah, I'd rather have a separate dedicated beach pack rather than oversaturating this GP. Maybe an ocean swimming system can be patched in that they can expand on in a future pack, but that's the most I can see happening.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    ayyitsmellayyitsmell Posts: 434 Member

Again, why shove two different themes into one pack and cut them both in half. I have no problem with a beach vacation but I want it to be the only theme in a pack so I can get all the beach stuff I want, not half. And I have no doubt that there will be some water of some kind like a steam or river or, hopefully, waterfalls. All of these I can see in a jungle exploration pack but I do not think we will be able to swim in the water and any beach areas will be décor, just like GF.

I wrote a post before but I agree that I feel like it might be in a jungle rather than a beach. I think if they do a beach it will be in a pack like seasons EP or a beach party SP/GP, or a cruise ship/island paradise lite GP. Also, vacations don't always have to be a relaxing trip to the beach. It could be an adventurous experience, like exploring ruins and doing excursions. Something out of the norm from your everyday life. Now that someone mentioned Sims 2 Castaway, I can see this GP having a similar style. I think it would be cool if it had a similar style to Tomb Raider: Legend. It will most likely have a grassy or mossy texture on the walls, stone/clay wall texture, desert/grass. I'm really hoping for a pottery skill but we might not get it. I feel like the water element would be a lake, waterfall, or river nearby or in the lot. Or a small or hidden beach area. (I hope we can play around the waterfall if we do get them or unlock a hidden world behind it or something). Highly doubt that swimming in the beach will be an option, at least in this GP.

Here are some ideas of what it might include in the Game pack, but I'm not sure since we need more information. I included pictures of Sims 2 Castaway, Sims 3 World Adventures, and Tomb Raider: Legend.
    roberto-moreno-sims3-worldadventures-05.jpg?1506113854
    The-Sims-Castaway-Stories-the-sims-stories-21315741-800-576.jpg
    038.jpg
    playstation-38972-11319549254.jpg
    1051808-968933_20091001_001.jpg
    08ddbf5937fc.jpg
    8ca3f13a098dbe4f69fde89baa6edd18--the-ruins-volcano.jpg
    TombRaiderAnniversary_13.jpg
    Thai_5F00_Online_5F00_6.jpg_2D00_600x320.jpg
    tr7_ghana.jpg
    1521113-2a.jpg

Ayy It's Mell ♥

• Options
    ayyitsmell wrote: »

I wrote a post before but I agree that I feel like it might be in a jungle rather than a beach. I think if they do a beach it will be in a pack like seasons EP or a beach party SP/GP, or a cruise ship/island paradise lite GP. Also, vacations don't always have to be a relaxing trip to the beach. It could be an adventurous experience, like exploring ruins and doing excursions. Something out of the norm from your everyday life. Now that someone mentioned Sims 2 Castaway, I can see this GP having a similar style. I think it would be cool if it had a similar style to Tomb Raider: Legend. It will most likely have a grassy or mossy texture on the walls, stone/clay wall texture, desert/grass. I'm really hoping for a pottery skill but we might not get it. I feel like the water element would be a lake, waterfall, or river nearby or in the lot. Or a small or hidden beach area. (I hope we can play around the waterfall if we do get them or unlock a hidden world behind it or something). Highly doubt that swimming in the beach will be an option, at least in this GP.

Here are some ideas of what it might include in the Game pack, but I'm not sure since we need more information. I included pictures of Sims 2 Castaway, Sims 3 World Adventures, and Tomb Raider: Legend.
    038.jpg
    08ddbf5937fc.jpg
    tr7_ghana.jpg
    1521113-2a.jpg

Well I hope there are waterfalls. I especially want an under cave waterfall.
  • Options

038.jpg
    08ddbf5937fc.jpg
    tr7_ghana.jpg
    1521113-2a.jpg

Omg imagine it looking so Thombraider-ish wouldnt that be amazing ^^
    My sims 4 wishlist:
  • Options
    I would love anything and everything from those pictures.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member

038.jpg
    08ddbf5937fc.jpg
    tr7_ghana.jpg
    1521113-2a.jpg

I would love this
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    Maybe it's another vacation destination pack like Outdoor Retreat
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    aprilrose wrote: »
    Maybe it's another vacation destination pack like Outdoor Retreat

I think it is a vacation destination pack but with an adventure aspect added to give us some exploring to do if we wish.
  • Options
    AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Tomb Exploration. I want my mummies!