Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do YOU think the new GP is about?

yellowreeyellowree Posts: 126 Member
Btw,sorry if the pole is in the wrong category. :(
*pees ur pants*

What do YOU think the new GP is about? 242 votes

World Adventures Lite
49% 120 votes
Tropical Vacation
10% 26 votes
Tomb Exploration
39% 96 votes

Comments

• Options
    yellowreeyellowree Posts: 126 Member
    edited January 2018
    (Deleted, didn't need anymore.)
    Post edited by yellowree on
    *pees ur pants*
  • Options
    LivinityLivinity Posts: 455 Member
    World adventures also has tomb exploration, right? But I suppose it would have more touristic activities too, maybe supplies you could buy, souvenirs as new collectibles. That's my bet, somewhere between common tourism and Indiana Jones!
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited January 2018
    Since it's supposed to be a GP, I think they would focus on one destination. It looks more "Indiana Jones meets the Mayans", which is fine with me. Tomb raiding was my favorite part of WA and I'm really excited about getting more info on this!

As long as it's as well done as Vampires and toddlers, I'm jumping on the train!
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    JadeleineJadeleine Posts: 2,140 Member
    I got amazon vibe based on the teaser...that would be cool! Myans and adventuring would be nice.
  • Options
    the_greenplumbobthe_greenplumbob Posts: 6,105 Member
    I'm expecting it to be just an adventure style game pack, however if we're lucky perhaps some tropical aspects could be squeezed in.
  • Options
    MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    Seems like a World Adventures kinda thing, restricted to one destination, focused on tomb raiding.

Most importantly, we're getting skeletons. That'll be fun.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • Options
    xHeliodoraxHeliodora Posts: 146 Member
    I'm quite excited for this kind of GP.
  • Options
    ohmyohmyohmyohmy Posts: 614 Member
    world adventures lite.
  • Options
    ayyitsmellayyitsmell Posts: 434 Member
    From what I saw in the trailer, it seems like a world adventures lite. I have never played World Adventures so I guess I missed out on that experience. I'm excited for this pack. I believe we are getting archaeologists as well as skeletons. Maybe the skeletons will show up while exploring ruins or maybe its a new death? I think we will only be getting one world, with lots of ruins or excavation sites, & artifacts.

Maybe it will be something like this (visually):
    MTS_ninipupucea-887437-PititawaGeneralView2.jpg
    MTS_ninipupucea-887432-IdoleTemple3.jpg
    the-sims-3-world-adventures-screenshot.jpg

Do you think it will be a career path with tasks to do in the ruins or will it be available for all sims to check out?
    Ayy It's Mell ♥

• Options
    rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    I think it's an adventure pack but that the new world is still a vacation destination (just not a tropical one like what a lot of people expected)
  • Options
    candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    I think it is probably not what most of us want, seems like EA picks what they think it should be boy they sure have no new ideas. Bring the old Team back.
  • Options
    SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    candy8 wrote: »
    I think it is probably not what most of us want, seems like EA picks what they think it should be boy they sure have no new ideas. Bring the old Team back.

I fearfully agree. Mostly, when a teaser trailer comes out the forum goes crazy with anticipation and wild with ideas. We somehow end up disappointed after seeing the actual content the pack brings to game.
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• Options
    Jprp83Jprp83 Posts: 400 Member
    I remember one of the gurus (can't remember who specifically) said they would probably not do a world adventures again because it was too much work and not a huge commercial success in TS3 (even though it was one of my favorite EPs) so I was a little surprised by the trailer. I guess the GP will have some sort of twist that will differentiate it from World Adventures if not just something completely different even.
  • Options
    LizzychicagoLizzychicago Posts: 873 Member
    Would this belong in the "Game Pack" category or the "Sims 4 General Discussion" category?

Does it matter? It's speculation, which is this board.
    Check my builds and Sims out on the Gallery, username Lizzychicago!
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I picked A but I'd rather it be B.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    It's not WA lite because it's just one location. I picked Tomb Exploration, I think the skeleton tells us that and that doesn't sound like a relaxing vacation.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I think it will be tomb exploration sadly so much fun in a closed off world probable with 5 lots max, can we get the next game pack instead...
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited January 2018
    Vacation, that would include exploring something. :D ETA: Like a museum. :D
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    A little of all 3 but mostly WA and Tomb it has like an Indiana Jones type feel at least for me.
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    It probably a lite version of World Adventures, and it does look like there will be a tomb to visit. I'd say its a combination of options 1 and 3 with a healthy dose of "that belongs in a museum".
  • Options
    GelysenGelysen Posts: 214 Member
    Hyped about that gamepack, I think it'll come with a Outdoor retreat sized world with some lots that have tombs on them you can explore in a jungle setting (no beaches)
    My sims 4 wishlist:
    -Spiral, L&U shaped stairs-More hair colors-Alternative fashion(Goth,Punk,lolita)-More rabbit hole careers-Witches,Plantsims,Werewolves.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    edited January 2018
    I really don't think the whole pack will be about exploring tombs, it would obviously be more than just that. I'd be surprised if that was all they were really focusing on though, and if that's the case it'd be a hard sell to get me to buy that.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    GelysenGelysen Posts: 214 Member
    > @paradiseplanet said:
    > I really don't think the whole pack will be about exploring tombs, it would obviously be more than just that. I'd be surprised if that was all they were really focusing on though, and if that's the case it'd be a hard sell to get me to buy that.

Hmm they'll prolly make a pretty neat cas and build&buy around that tho, I mean look at how they can sell the Laundry pack a lot of people said they'd never get. I've been reading a lot of comments today of people saying they initially didnt plan on getting that pack but the cas etc made them change their minds.

We'll see I guess. As long as people don't expect this gamepack to be as full as world adventures (which was an expansionpack) The gamepack team has delivered some pretty nice gameplay so my hopes are high.
    My sims 4 wishlist:
    -Spiral, L&U shaped stairs-More hair colors-Alternative fashion(Goth,Punk,lolita)-More rabbit hole careers-Witches,Plantsims,Werewolves.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Gelysen wrote: »
    > @paradiseplanet said:
    > I really don't think the whole pack will be about exploring tombs, it would obviously be more than just that. I'd be surprised if that was all they were really focusing on though, and if that's the case it'd be a hard sell to get me to buy that.

Hmm they'll prolly make a pretty neat cas and build&buy around that tho, I mean look at how they can sell the Laundry pack a lot of people said they'd never get. I've been reading a lot of comments today of people saying they initially didnt plan on getting that pack but the cas etc made them change their minds.

We'll see I guess. As long as people don't expect this gamepack to be as full as world adventures (which was an expansionpack) The gamepack team has delivered some pretty nice gameplay so my hopes are high.

Oh don't get me wrong, I thoroughly enjoyed most of the other game packs (except Parenthood only bc I haven't bought it yet)! I just hope this new GP won't be a flop and would actually get me really excited to want it.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png