Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will Skeletons be a new occult type?

Having watched the teaser for the upcoming gp and seeing how there's that skeleton in it (interacting with two sims near the end), I wonder if skeletons will be a new occult type that comes with the new gp, such as how mummies came with the Sims 3 World Adventures.

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I think their a curse that temporarily happens to sims.
  • Options
    keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member

Sorta like the frogsim lifestate from Supernatural? I think that's probably true, I'm sure a modder will quickly find a way to turn that into a full lifestate though! :blush:
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member

Sorta like the frogsim lifestate from Supernatural? I think that's probably true, I'm sure a modder will quickly find a way to turn that into a full lifestate though! :blush:

Yeah and Plant Sims, I wish it were a permanent curse tho.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    If it's temporary I'll probably like it I think it's funny already. Lol
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    I hope so!! If not a lifestate i’d settle for a NPC that has special functionality. I hope it’s not an object.
  • Options
    rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    I agree with what some people above said that it's probably a temporary curse (perhaps lasting a couple sim hours?)
    I like it that way personally, I don't think I would play with a skeleton life state much unlike vampires which I do get a fair amount of use out of
    I'm so excited to find out more about the lack, personally I'm hyped for it more so than I am usually probably because of the unique aspect
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    *sighing* What do y'all think?
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I'd be happy with either an NPC or a new lifestate.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    I love the new Skeleton Guy and hope there will be Bonehilda soon! :)
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    The fact that the "before" clip had a Sim in place of the skeleton makes me think it'll be a temporary curse, but that could have just been a visual gimmick.
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Life state or temporary curse, I don't like skeletons, which is making me doubt I'll buy the pack, though I'll wait to see the live stream before making a decision.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    Either an NPC that wanders around the tomb (they've got an Indiana Jones-style fedora, so they're potentially dead adventurers), or a curse that can befall your Sim if you do something.
    BabySquare wrote: »
    Life state or temporary curse, I don't like skeletons, which is making me doubt I'll buy the pack, though I'll wait to see the live stream before making a decision.

I hate to break it to you, buddy, but you've got a skeleton inside you right now. :#
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    edited January 2018
    Most likely just a temporary thing. Could potentially be a new death type though like with the mummy's curse where you need to find the cure to break the curse. Or it might be a punishment for say tomb raiding?

Side note: Not a HUGE fan of skeletons. Especially the ones that are dressed up in clothing. No me gusta.

ETA: I mean real skeletons. I can handle cartoon or skeleton costumes.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    It makes no sense that skeletons would be a occult type in a game pack that is not about that specific occult at most its temporary curse just being a small feature that fits within the theme of the pack.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    I hope it's not a life state and just a curse instead. I don't see it being interesting as a life state and there's nothing much you can do with skeletons. I think as a curse it should have consequences and maybe only curable with a cure you have to find.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I don't think it will be a life state, but I do think it will be a curse (or at least I hope so). Life states usually have some type of supernatural powers. Skeletons, while being able to walk around as if they are alive, have no powers. Now, a mummy would be fun and they usually have powers but I don't think mummies are in the jungles of South America.
  • Options
    J_Morris97J_Morris97 Posts: 38 Member
    I'm currently undecided on whether I'd like skeletons as a playable life state. I don't particularly see what they could bring but I love the idea of it being a curse and a cure needing to be found. That sounds more interesting to me
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I don't think it will be a completely new life state either a curse would be good or some sort of voodoo/magic type of thing. Either way though the modders can run with it too once it's in game.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    ToreshinboToreshinbo Posts: 561 Member
    My guess it's an NPC but if it's a life state, temporary or not, it would be funny
  • Options
    DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    edited January 2018
    (Thought I made a comment here before? Oh well...)

Hardly doubt so. I don't see what there would be to add or to brainstorm for a walking skeleton with new features of... can't really think of any. Chances are it's just a cosmetic npc/outfit/whatever with an animation or two, but not a life state that's worth implanting as such.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options
    I hope it's a curse. I also hope it's something that our sims can bring home and curse other sims with. That will make my Voodoo witch doctor very happy and give him something else to sell in his voodoo shop.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I don't think they'll be a lifestate. But it's perfectly possible they'll be involved in magic in other ways. Sims 4 very rarely makes animations and never uses them again.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited January 2018
    latest?cb=20140708082929
    Maybe it has been a Tiki mask all along and there is a Witch Doctor like in TS2?
    TS2's Bon Voyage tropical vacation had a mixture of Tiki and Aztec/Mayan culture.

I could imagine they now used assets from this concept art to include a witch doctor who wears a tiki mask.
    fxywc8.jpg
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    latest?cb=20140708082929
    Maybe it has been a Tiki mask all along and there is a Witch Doctor like in TS2?
    TS2's Bon Voyage tropical vacation had a mixture of Tiki and Aztec/Mayan culture.

I could imagine they now used assets from this concept art to include a witch doctor who wears a tiki mask.
    fxywc8.jpg

No, just no.
  • Options
    JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    Seeing as it's from South America, I'd think it's a take on Dios de la Muertos, day of the dead. I think it's a temporary curse as well.