Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Snow? Please...?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    JasonSim16JasonSim16 Posts: 466 Member
    AprilDawn wrote: »
    I use white floor tiles or carpet outside and use a lot of those snowflake wall decor - especially on the windows - and those light up trees to try to make it look like winter - about the best you can do without seasons. For the holidays especially - I am playing Sims 2 where I can have snowball fights, peeing Santas, and Christmas trees that start on fire!

omg! I'm going to try this in The Sims 4! And peeing Santas...? You have GOT to post some of your Sims 2 Christmas pics on here! It sounds chaotic!
    71rbpi.png
  • Options
    AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    @JasonSim16

For some reason - my pics are not in the folder - maybe my camera in Sims 2 is not working right :(
    Listed some videos below that others have done though.

The Santa visit is fun - he will bring a gift - usually a toy - eat the santa cookies your sim baked - you can interact with him - hug, chat, tickle, play red hands, dance - he becomes a best friend. After that - he goes in a bathroom and pees constantly and HOHOHOs - usually clogs the toilet! Christmas trees start fire pretty easy if you leave them lit. The outdoor light up reindeer decoration may or may not shock a sim when they pet it! There is also a sweet mistletoe that sims can kiss under! I love Sims 2 Christmas - plus there is snow - snow ball fights, snowmen, snow angels, ice skating, and freezing to death (or at least freezing enough to get stiff and tip over and hopefully you got another sim around to warm them back up with a blow-drier!). Sims 2 was a much more dangerous (and fun!) game!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ch4ySBslvdU
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOHQaglawcw
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPP6z9Bxex8
  • Options
    flintylime59flintylime59 Posts: 70 Member
    I miss seasons. It added another level of immersion and fun that you can't really get with other packs. Weather is so apparent in everyday life, and it just seems absurd to play without it; a lot of players live in places where it's rainy or snowy most days out of the year. Plus, the atmosphere is just wonderful!

They really did weather right in TS3 Seasons. I loved the rain; you could see the rain fall in drops from the roof, and your sims could jump in puddles, or be struck by lighting and die, it was just really cool having that extra layer in there! But for me, its more like a "foundational" layer!
    "Embrace your flaws, work on your flaws, and don't be ashamed of having any flaws."

-Felix Kjellberg
  • Options
    LaPetiteFromageLaPetiteFromage Posts: 12 New Member
    I hope we get a Seasons pack sometime soon. It adds a nice variety to the game.
  • Options
    Jenna2376Jenna2376 Posts: 120 Member
    Seasons was my favorite expansion packs in Sims 2 and 3. I'm hoping that by the time Maxis rolls out seasons, they don't botch it up. I'd hate to see my fav pack be nothing but disappointing.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    For those of you who want winter, do you actually live where it exists?
  • Options
    djacquelynstewdjacquelynstew Posts: 641 Member
    RiotLily wrote: »
    I'm new-ish to S4. I'm intrigued with the idea of seasons; and I've seen several posts from players asking to have them added. Please, help me understand the attraction. What would seasons do for your game? (not the litany of things the pack would include, but what you like about them and how you'd use them)

Have you ever played Sims 3? Both sims 2 and 3 had seasons, but sims 3 seasons is so much better than 2. I critique sims 3 a lot, but Sims 3 Seasons is an absolutely perfect expansion pack. The way they gave detail so that seasons weren't too sudden and actually took some time to go from light snow to a blizzard was great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yB5nTGm0j3Q

It's about life. In my family sims I usually have them go out and do things as a family on sundays. Say I'm planning to take them to the Arcade I built, but it starts raining. Looks like it's indoors by the fire and board games tonight!

Oh the memories. I so miss Sims 3 :'( the only reason I won't play any more (trust me I tried to go back a couple of times), is because of the empty lots. Whatever broke it, and I think it was showtime, the creators never could fix it, and mods only worked enough to summon sims, but even then they would immediately leave. How boring to go to a park, or a bar, nightclub, and you are the only one there, quite pitiful actually.

But definitely thank you for the memory <3
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I live in the south and we just experienced our second snow event that closed roads due to ice.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member

I do. I live in Maine. Plenty of snow here. Had a big storm again yesterday. Here - it snows in feet - not inches. LOL.

Have snow from late October to Beginning of May most years.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    it's going to be a long wait people
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member

A long wait for what?
  • Options
    Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member

Of course. Seasons are part of life, regardless of where you are from. It doesn’t snow everywhere in the world, but there are still changes in weather patterns throughout the year. For example, some places have rainy seasons and dry seasons without winter. Some places, like where I live, have winter for more than 6 months of the year. Seasons exist in the world, and they belong in a life simulation game. They should be flexible enough that the player can control which seasons he/she wants so you would never have to have winter in your game if you didn’t want it. Sims 3 allowed for that control and it’s what I want for this game too
  • Options
    the_greenplumbobthe_greenplumbob Posts: 6,105 Member

Obviously in the area of Britain I live in we have winter, but it never snows here... Last time it snowed was 2012?
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member

Yes. B)

I live in the UK; every day's like winter here.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    I always wanted to live in the UK but Idk if I could do an endless winter...oh my goodness.
    71rbpi.png
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Lomelindi7 wrote: »

Of course. Seasons are part of life, regardless of where you are from. It doesn’t snow everywhere in the world, but there are still changes in weather patterns throughout the year. For example, some places have rainy seasons and dry seasons without winter. Some places, like where I live, have winter for more than 6 months of the year. Seasons exist in the world, and they belong in a life simulation game. They should be flexible enough that the player can control which seasons he/she wants so you would never have to have winter in your game if you didn’t want it. Sims 3 allowed for that control and it’s what I want for this game too

And this kind of control is what seems to be lacking in TS4. "You Rule" is the motto still, right?
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    Lomelindi7 wrote: »

And this kind of control is what seems to be lacking in TS4. "You Rule" is the motto still, right?

It is definitely a current shortcoming of Sims 4. No denying that. But since we don’t have a Seasons pack yet, I can’t commrnt on whether or not it will fail in that regard. Only time will tell.

• Options
    TeoKnowsBestTeoKnowsBest Posts: 81 Member
    I freaking love seasons. I SWEAR TO GOD, IF EA IS NOT WORKING ON SEASONS RIGHT NOW, I WILL MURDER THEM MYSELF! lol

I also want University. Boi, the nostalgia.

Origin: TeoKnowsBest
  • Options
    ZilogManZilogMan Posts: 57 Member
    Weather should exist in game, at the moment walls exist only to hang pictures off.

In temperate northern european style climates it should rain quite often, most indoor furnishings and appliances should be destroyed if left in the rain too long. Sims left outside at night, or in snow or rain, should get cold and eventually die if not brought indoors and warmed up.

You see all these legacy challenges where people just have their bed and a PC outdoors in the garden. Apart from the odd dry summer's day that shouldn't work !
  • Options
    It's weird that they can wear jackets yet it's always sunny, they have snowflake decals they can hang, do they even know what snow is? And I HAVE seen clouds in the sky...and there's waterfalls...something's fishy! Lol.
    71rbpi.png
  • Options
    AnaSampsAnaSamps Posts: 2 New Member
    Ugh I just want seasons sm!!!! I know it'll eventually come but sooner rather than later lol
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I'm new-ish to S4. I'm intrigued with the idea of seasons; and I've seen several posts from players asking to have them added. Please, help me understand the attraction. What would seasons do for your game? (not the litany of things the pack would include, but what you like about them and how you'd use them)

Have you ever played Sims 3? Both sims 2 and 3 had seasons, but sims 3 seasons is so much better than 2. I critique sims 3 a lot, but Sims 3 Seasons is an absolutely perfect expansion pack. The way they gave detail so that seasons weren't too sudden and actually took some time to go from light snow to a blizzard was great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yB5nTGm0j3Q

It's about life. In my family sims I usually have them go out and do things as a family on sundays. Say I'm planning to take them to the Arcade I built, but it starts raining. Looks like it's indoors by the fire and board games tonight!

Oh the memories. I so miss Sims 3 :'( the only reason I won't play any more (trust me I tried to go back a couple of times), is because of the empty lots. Whatever broke it, and I think it was showtime, the creators never could fix it, and mods only worked enough to summon sims, but even then they would immediately leave. How boring to go to a park, or a bar, nightclub, and you are the only one there, quite pitiful actually.

But definitely thank you for the memory <3
    That's certainly not a general thing for the game, it's related to your processor.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member

Well sesons add thing in CAS (obv) & bulid mode but you also get some new intractions for exampel in the snow you can build Igloos and snowmen have snowball fights you can talk about the weaher stuff like that.
  • Options
    ec_hoec_ho Posts: 2 New Member
    I agree we NEED seasons.