Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Snow? Please...?

Can we at least see one snowflake? It's been 3 years...
The Snow Mod doesn't work any more.
I haven't even been playing as much any more because all. I. Want. Is. Seasons.
At this point, I'd even be happy with seasonal tile you can put on your Sims' lawns.
I get it is a business and franchise but GEESH!

Please don't respond if you're a person who's hating on those who want seasons (or an employee disguised as a player). This post is for people who love the game but just want a seasonal change.
I mean, how are the rivers even still running...? XD
71rbpi.png

Comments

• Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    I know how you feel; I'm craving seasons just as much. Won't play my fav households until I get it.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    PolluxSimsPolluxSims Posts: 318 Member
    Same about wanting Seasons, or at least tiles or terrain paint or something.
    Read my Sawyer Legacy Simlit on Wordpress
    - Origin ID: PolluxSims -
  • Options
    oasis10oasis10 Posts: 81 Member
    seasons would be great. lol
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I don't want tiles or terrain paint, I want the real thing. Pretty please.
  • Options
    RiotLilyRiotLily Posts: 54 Member
    I'm new-ish to S4. I'm intrigued with the idea of seasons; and I've seen several posts from players asking to have them added. Please, help me understand the attraction. What would seasons do for your game? (not the litany of things the pack would include, but what you like about them and how you'd use them)
  • Options
    AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    I use white floor tiles or carpet outside and use a lot of those snowflake wall decor - especially on the windows - and those light up trees to try to make it look like winter - about the best you can do without seasons. For the holidays especially - I am playing Sims 2 where I can have snowball fights, peeing Santas, and Christmas trees that start on fire!
  • Options
    frogkiss1frogkiss1 Posts: 248 Member
    I just want rain that waters my crops, because someday I don't have time is that to much to ask?
  • Options
    candystormcandystorm Posts: 321 Member
    Feel the same, I want Seasons so much..
    Origin: twinklegalaxy
    Grim-Reaper-Sim.jpg

• Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow... :)
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Snow? At this time of year? :p

It's expected to be 39C tomorrow! I think they need to add some eggs frying on the road.

RiotLily wrote: »
    I'm new-ish to S4. I'm intrigued with the idea of seasons; and I've seen several posts from players asking to have them added. Please, help me understand the attraction. What would seasons do for your game? (not the litany of things the pack would include, but what you like about them and how you'd use them)
    Leaving your sims outside in the cold, until they froze was always entertaining in the past.
    I have a memory of toddlers eating snow, might have been from ts3, cute and silly.
    Sunburn and heat exhaustion were almost as entertaining as freezing your sims.
    Laying in the sun to get a tan was cheaper than the tanning booth, but had the risk of sunburn.
    Splashing in puddles, and playing in leaves. Burning leaves. Mopping up the puddles on the lawn. These are entertaining things from past editions of the game.

As someone who lives where it never snows, having it in the game is a bit of a fantastical novelty, while the summery stuff is a nice dash of realism.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member

Have you ever played Sims 3? Both sims 2 and 3 had seasons, but sims 3 seasons is so much better than 2. I critique sims 3 a lot, but Sims 3 Seasons is an absolutely perfect expansion pack. The way they gave detail so that seasons weren't too sudden and actually took some time to go from light snow to a blizzard was great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yB5nTGm0j3Q

It's about life. In my family sims I usually have them go out and do things as a family on sundays. Say I'm planning to take them to the Arcade I built, but it starts raining. Looks like it's indoors by the fire and board games tonight!
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    it is 27 degrees fahrenheit here so.. -2.7 celsius.. I want it to snow snow snow :)
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I don't want tiles or terrain paint, I want the real thing. Pretty please.

Aren't you afraid your computer will freeze with REAL snow in it? LOL! I know what you mean though. I think Seasons is the next big thing, it usually follows Pets. You should check out the IDEAS CORNER. There are a lot of "whether we'll get weather" threads there.
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    No thank you. We can add fake snow to the ground right now.
  • Options
    PolluxSimsPolluxSims Posts: 318 Member

Well for how I'd use them, outside the normal gameplay, is that it makes it fun to play holidays and such in the game, too. Recently, for example, people decorated their Sim's houses for the holidays, and having it snow would just make it so much better. I'd love to see San Myshuno in the snow and fall; I'm sure it'd make for some lovely screenshots and gameplay when you look outside the apartment windows and see the different weather, or have it during the different festivals.
    Read my Sawyer Legacy Simlit on Wordpress
    - Origin ID: PolluxSims -
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Agree with Seasons but a winter destination gamepack with snow would hold me over till we get Seasons.
  • Options
    RiotLilyRiotLily Posts: 54 Member
    Thanks for all the responses to my question about the importance of seasons to you. After your descriptions of the additional flavor it adds to your game, I think I will jump on the seasons bandwagon. I believe I'd love sims-winter and sims-autumn, especially.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    I don't remember what the original snow mod was like, but here are some terrain paints: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=604775
  • Options
    Agree with Seasons but a winter destination gamepack with snow would hold me over till we get Seasons.

Well which is it? Winter destination or a tropical destination? Or do you want snow in the jungle?
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    I live in the desert. We don't really get any precipitation, let alone the frozen variety. But I love when my sims get four distinct seasons. Looking forward to it hopefully in 2018.
  • Options
    micheleimichelei Posts: 422 Member
    The snow mod has been fixed. It even works for Brindleton Bay. Even with the mod I still want real seasons and all the activities that come with. I am worried EA is going to chop it up into multiple packs though.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

Well which is it? Winter destination or a tropical destination? Or do you want snow in the jungle?

I want both tropical and winter locations.
  • Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    michelei wrote: »
    The snow mod has been fixed. It even works for Brindleton Bay. Even with the mod I still want real seasons and all the activities that come with. I am worried EA is going to chop it up into multiple packs though.

That would seriously burn my butter if they chop it up.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

I want both tropical and winter locations.

Well we're not going to get both. You keep saying that a tropical vacation pack is coming, according to the "hints" that you think are real. Seasons usually follows Pets, so it could be the next EP, again according to "hints". (Remember all the fuss about rain in C&D because of a puddle?) It has been, literally, years since OR was released and we have yet to get a second vacation pack, so, if a tropical pack is coming and Seasons is coming, I don't think we would come close to getting a third winter vacation pack before Seasons, which could be this year. So you'll have to settle for Seasons and a tropical vacation if your "hints" are correct. You could always make it snow in GF and use it for a winter vacation. Maybe even edit the sim in the bear costume to a polar bear.
  • Options
    JasonSim16JasonSim16 Posts: 466 Member

Just makes it a little more realistic. They keep claiming that The Sims 4 is supposed to make you bond more with your Sims, etc.; but everyone doesn't live in a constant Spring-paradise. A lot of players want weather indicative to their real life surroundings, so it adds realism to your Sims stories. Check out The Sims 3 Seasons if you haven't. They have Let's Plays on it. They can even go trick-or-treating on the Fall and Snow Days in the winter!
    71rbpi.png