Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

For Those Currently Playing and Enjoying Sims 4

Comments

• Options
    robyngravesrobyngraves Posts: 248 Member
    Sims 1
    I started with TS1 on Christmas eve, 2001!
  • Options
    CheesySimsLoverCheesySimsLover Posts: 258 Member
    Sims 2
    The Sims 2 was my first PC game, but I played The Sims 1 and its various other games on console (PlayStation 2) first. Someone had accidentally bought me the PC Sims 2 game when they had meant to get me the PS2 game, which is how I got hooked on Sims PC as I realized it had the features I wanted that PS2 did not (legacy features).
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited December 2017
    Sims 1
    @mcrudd Wow, I love your bookshelf!

Thank you :)
    surraaaaaa wrote: »
    I love it!! Wish I had one, did you make it yourself?

Yes I did, I also made all the sims 4 stuff pack and game pack covers. I share them all and the paint colours I used as well as the plumbobs on a thread over here

Writin_Reg wrote: »
    mccrudd - your bookcase is just darling and a great way to keep all your Sims games in one place and beautifully displayed. Wonderful idea. Love it.

Thank you :)
  • Options
    cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    Sims 2

I started with the sims 2. My brother bought the sims nightlife thinking it was a game on it's own but when he tried to install it, it gave him an error. Our mom had to take him back to the game shop and they explained it to us, long story short, the game shop gave him the deluxe edition with nightlife included. He would play and I remember watching him play over his shoulder LOL. Eventually he let me play and lost interest so as any good brother would do he let me buy the game from him and I've enjoyed it ever since.

@OEII1001 There are some real pieces of work in this community, and I'm still getting used to the overall vibe. Far too much judgment in some quarters, especially against those of us who had the audacity to purchase the Vampire Content Pack in order to play Sims as Vampires and not for the pretty dresses and "cool" furniture. Kudos to you for standing your ground.

Really and here I am playing sims for the supernaturals LOL

when I played the double deluxe I didn't even know Aliens were in the game and while playing one night my sim was abducted while using the telescope and it really surprised me and added a fun twist to the game. After that i did some research and discovered vampires were in night life and I was over the moon. Eventually other supernaturals were added like werewolves with pets and witches with apartment life etc...I remember starting with a sim and each generation i'd add in a new supernatural just to have a interesting family tree lol

When sims 3 came out I bought it on release day, we were a bit late with sims 2, but I fell in love with 3 just as I had with 2. I was extremely shocked when I discovered the ghosts were playable than with each new expansion a supernatural came with it and than they hit me with supernatural a pack all on it's own and I was even more in love. would still play 3 now if i had a computer that could handle it.

I was a bit put off of 4 at first but eventually I did fall in love with it but I was quite disappointed there were no supernaturals that came with the base game but they did patch in ghosts, however no ghost babies :( . Than GTW came out and they added aliens and I got all excited but abductions were rare and I was sad than it was fixed and I got happy than it was toned down again than up, it was quite the roller coaster! but finally they added vampires, which are one of my favorites, and I was/am in love.

I love the fun twist that supernaturals add to the game and it makes it less realistic to me. I live the realty so I don't want to play it, yes I know sims can be a realistic game, but that depends on how you play the game and for me since aliens and vampires were added I haven't had a single family that didn't have either a alien or vampire or both in the family tree somewhere. Like right now i'm playing a family where the sim i started with was an alien and she married a vampire had 2 sets of tiwns, the first set were vampires, and the second set were aliens but the most amazing twist is my vampire was a YA male and he was abducted by aliens LOL . He gave birth to an alien who I think is also a vampire :D

I love all 3 versions because I think each game has it's charm and I don't expect one game to be the same as the other or have the same charm. Each one is it's own game with it's own charm it's like people, each person has their own charms, flaws, individually and not one person is the same. So that's just my own 2 cents *goes hide in a corner*

• Options
    DreamOperatorDreamOperator Posts: 241 Member
    Sims 1
    I started with Sims 1 back when it was fairly new. I played the base game a few times, but I never really became obsessed with it and I never even knew it had expansions or anything until later. I wasn't much into gaming back then. And then Sims 2 comes out and I don't buy it for a couple of years, but for some reason I picked it up with University and started playing. At first I had much the same reaction I did when playing Sims 1. It was okay, but I wasn't too into it. Then around 2006, I picked up the game again and the stars were aligned and I became majorly addicted to the Sims 2. For the first time I learned about expansions and custom content and played that game, honestly more than I should have. I think I was trying to run away from a lot of real life things I wasn't dealing with. I bought everything for the Sims 2 and then when the Sims 3 came out I bought it and everything for it. I really liked it too, but I didn't have quite the same level of obsession with it, probably because of some changes in my life. When the Sims 4 came out, I actually waited a couple of years before I bought it. I wasn't ready to move on from the Sims 3 yet. But I finally got it and I really love it a lot. I really like the look of the game, bright and cheerful and the sims are lovely too. I also find the emotions a lot of fun as well. So I play it and like it, but again at a much healthier level than my original obsession. I have 2-4 installed on my computer and still play 2 sometimes as well as 4.
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    Sims 1
    I started with The Sims 1 but I skipped The Sims 2
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    k_reeser1k_reeser1 Posts: 153 Member
    Sims 2
    sims 2 deluxe :)
    untitled.png

• Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member

Whoa! I feel like that's a first...I rarely see anyone that skipped The Sims 2 :mrgreen:
  • Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    aricarai wrote: »

Whoa! I feel like that's a first...I rarely see anyone that skipped The Sims 2 :mrgreen:
    A lot of TS1 fans felt offended by the release of TS2 which they didn’t want at all. But I guess that they usually later either bought TS2 anyway or just stayed with TS1 forever :)
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Sims 1

I skipped Sims 2 and also Sims 3. I saw no point to getting either one of those when Sims 1 worked fine (no mods, cc, or extra expansions) on my computer until 2015 when we finally could not load it into a computer with Windows 10. I guess I am old school and play games until they are obsolute. If a Sims 5 does make an appearance, I will most likely skip it.
  • Options
    Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 762 Member
    Sims 1
    I started with sim 1. Loved sim 2 but missed out on freetime and apartment life EPs which still makes me sad. Completely skipped sims 3 until recently. I decided to get sims 3 because I really missed seasons in my game but found I could just not get into.

Currently enjoying sims 4, It's what made me go out and buy a computer that was capable of playing the game again.
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    Sims 1

I started to play The Sims 1 at 2006 :D:D And I kept playing that until 2013 lol because our computer and my mini laptop were potatoes so I couldn't run The Sims 2. Then I bought a better laptop so I could purchase The Sims 3 :D That's the story
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    Sims 1
    Started with the Sims 1. My older brother got me into The Sims; Been with the game since the very beginning. 17 years. ♥ My computer was not that great back then; and I ended up getting all the expansion packs and getting Makin' Magic and finding out I couldn't run it. That's when I started to get really into computers and learning about their hardware and I ended up getting a newer computer that would run Sims 2 and while waiting for the release I got to play Makin' Magic.

After Sims 2 released, I moved over to Sims 2 and sometimes played Sims 1 - but after the expansion packs started releasing, I stayed with Sims 2. Did the same thing with Sims 3. When it was just the base game - I would go back to Sims 2 and then eventually I started playing only Sims 3. But I truly love each iteration. They're all great.

I didn't do that with Sims 4 base game, though because I was unable to play Sims 3 due to technical issues with computer; though I would love to play Sims 3 again because Sims 4 doesn't have Seasons, University, or Witches yet. And I miss that content. But I still enjoy Sims 4 a lot. : )
  • Options
    coffeeshoppecoffeeshoppe Posts: 22 Member
    Sims 1
    Oh Im a day one player honey

And I loveeeee some sims 4 . Okay :P
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Sims 4
    I'm a complete newbie to The Sims on PC so probably am more impressed than others.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,342 Member
    edited December 2017
    Sims 1
    I bought Sims 1 at release after having been a gamer for ten years. I admit I was very sceptic if "that thing" was even a real game. It didn't take long to get me addicted, though, first discovering rotational play as a handy means of keeping up relationship values and later getting into the storytelling playstyle.

Ever since that trend continued: Sceptic about Sims 1 - loved it. Sceptic about Sims 2 - loved it. Hyped about Sims 3 - grew bored/annoyed of it soon. Sceptic about Sims 4 - loved it.
  • Options
    FirandeFirande Posts: 816 Member
    Sims 1

I skipped Sims 2 and also Sims 3. I saw no point to getting either one of those when Sims 1 worked fine (no mods, cc, or extra expansions) on my computer until 2015 when we finally could not load it into a computer with Windows 10. I guess I am old school and play games until they are obsolute. If a Sims 5 does make an appearance, I will most likely skip it.

Yeah, I'm similar. I was still really young back in the TS1 days and I don't even know how I got it or why I started playing... same with when I got TS2 in 2004. Think my parents got us TS2 as a present since we enjoyed The Sims 1 so much... but once I was old enough to buy my own games, I decided to, well, not buy them lol. I just stuck with The Sims 2. Did get a few of its expansions, though. Only switched to TS4 because my sister had it on her Origin account and wasn't interested in playing it herself, so I decided to give it a try since I had access to it for free. Took me two years to like it, but here I am. I think it'd be a waste to immediately skip to TS5 after spending so much money on TS4... I mean I don't even have all the packs and the few I do have I bought on discount, but I'd still feel it's a waste to dump a game just because there's a newer version of it. The Sims 2 worked amazingly for me and it still does, though I did need to do some code tweaking to make it run well on my Windows 10 laptop. I don't regret skipping TS3 for a minute. Still find myself missing TS2 from time to time, actually, having played that game for over a decade.
    Origin ID: Fierande | Simlit | Tumblr

fgQIHTb.png
  • Options
    PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    Sims 1
    Having played SimCity and similar games, I started with Sims 1, but didn't get addicted and didn't get any of the expansions.

With Sims 2, I started playing in 2005 or 2006 and got addicted. I even created a database that I shared with others called "Sims2DB" that would track all sorts of info about the Sims and it had the ability to import data from SimPE.

Then I started losing interest in gameplay but started making Sims machinima. Made a half dozen Sims 2 machinima which was a blast (still on YouTube). Then lost interest again...

Played Sims 3, bought several expansions, but never really had the same "feels" for it as I did for Sims 2.

Bought Sims 4 when it first came out. Didn't hate it, but didn't really like it that much either. Put it down for a while. Came back to it over a year later, and found it much more playable. Now enjoying it a lot. I do take breaks from time to time though.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Sims 1
    So far I'm the only one who started with the sims 4 :(. I feel like I don't belong here since I haven't been playing as long as everyone else.

You definitely belong -- welcome aboard. B) Just because some of us are older than dirt (in the Simiverse) doesn't invalidate your existence here.

I've been playing since the original Sims. Sims 2 I got to play most of but not all because I was playing on an Apple iBook and EA wouldn't let Aspyr port the last two EPs and most of the SPs from PC to Mac so I missed out (did play them a bit when I Bootcamped my iMac and had the Complete Collection, then again when I got my Windows laptop but it was just too hard to really get into it because the game/graphics were so old). Owned all packs in Sims 3 plus many of the premium Store items. I appreciate each game for what they've added to my gaming life and my experiences; to me, comparing the 4 iterations is like comparing apples to oranges to kumquats to bananas. Each iteration has its flaws and its bright spots.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Sims 1
    I can see myself playing Sims 4 for a long time -- there is still a lot to discover for me and a lot of things I'd like to do, and that doesn't even count any future content.

I could see myself jumping to a Sims 5 if it included my favorite parts of all the packs:

Sims 1 -- I don't remember much of it so I'll just say the structure of Sims themselves; the ability to create Sims and have them build skills and relationships.

Sims 2 -- this game had the most humor and whimsy. The genie and wishing well which could curse you as well and bless you, the little interactions like tucking in the kids (I loved it when my Sim got home from work after the kids were in bed and s/he would autonomously go to the bedrooms to tuck in the kids and give them a kiss), children "dancing" on their parents feet or running in from the school bus to show off a good report card, etc. I liked the wants and fears that would change unless you locked them into place. I also liked the personality points and how they tied in to the Zodiac signs, so you could either just pick a sign and go with that distribution or tweak it a bit and end up with something totally different.

Sims 3 -- open world had its issues but it was definitely pushing the envelope. The worlds were beautiful but the Sims were wooden. And when new content (especially EPs) you either had to spend time trying to edit that new content into your current save/world, or abandon that save to go after the new shiny stuff and starting your family from square one when it comes to relationships. And even later when they made it easier to move Sims from one world to another, family relationships broke and family trees disintegrated. I had a pair of half-brothers (one was an alien, a result of the dad getting abducted) and moved them from Sunlit Tides to Isla Paradiso, and when they arrived the half-brother relationship completely disappeared and they were just good friends.

Sims 4 -- I love the world structure where you can set your Sims up anywhere, then move them without loss of current relationships. You could start a Sim in a cruddy apartment in San Myshuno, then move their family to a small family house in Newcrest and finally end up with them in one of the mansions in Willow Creek and they'll still keep all their friendships and family relationships. I also like the ease of building/remodeling of houses/venues; I know that many people are disappointed at no terrain tools but it does make life easier for those of use who are building klutzes. I like to experiment with houses I find on the Gallery to see if I can remodel them to suit my needs (I especially like to add basements because they come in really handy for adding home gyms or crafting rooms or other types of uses (once Laundry Day releases I'll be adding laundry rooms), so the ease of finding houses/venues on the Gallery and adding them to game appeals to me a great deal. I also like the monthly patches to either fix game problems or to add new features.

So for a potential Sims 5, I'd like the basic Sims structure of the original game, the humor and whimsy of Sims 2 along with the wants/fears system (also the turn ons/turn offs from Hot Date), the beautiful worlds of Sims 3 but maybe a semi-open world (loading screens to travel between neighborhoods but the neighborhoods themselves would be open without the need for loading screens to visit houses) and the ability to move between the towns/worlds without losing relationships.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    djacquelynstewdjacquelynstew Posts: 641 Member
    edited December 2017
    Sims 1
    I started with Sims 1, but came along at the ending of the series. I fell in love with two. I remember having every expansion pack, more custom content than I would care to count, and lets not even talk about the modding community (Oh the nostalgic memories). Those really were the good ol simming days. I would play for hours, literally hours. I almost didn't cross over to Sims 3 because I felt what could be better, even with the loading screens. Of course I wanted to see what the whole open world play would be like, and I almost loved it more than TS2, except that every single sim had the same ugly flat round pudding face, and custom content only barely fixed this. Then they broke it (I think this is when EA stepped in, I think), anyways the love affair was definitely over at the point where I needed mods/hacks just to make sims other than mine show up on community lots... Then comes along Sims 4, and honestly. after the S3 screw up, I was excited to move on and have something new, but I was so disappointed in the lack of an open world, so I tried going back to S2, but I can't seem to deal with the graphics, let's face it there is no comparison. So, all in all I am truly hoping EA/Maxis will remember the Sims 1/2 community and how truly popular and loved this game was, and perhaps they will find a happy medium with the newbie players who only know this iteration, and give us the outstanding Sims game we all want to play for hours on end, not for a few hours, maybe once a week, or a month in some cases. I want to truly control my game play, and not have the game play dictate how I play.

Sorry to digress. I started with sims 1 :D
  • Options
    LivinityLivinity Posts: 455 Member
    Sims 1
    I started playing as a kid with Sims 1! I saw a cousin playing and was amazed, at that time it was revolutionary to have a game where you could interact with most of the scenario haha I remember kid brat me playing and killing sims, making married couples have affairs with the maid and such, children from the 90's are really something :s fun thing is to see my son play Sims 4 now, he never let his sims do mean interactions and like to play as a children most of the time. First thing he asked me was if it you could follow sims to school. I've never been this innocent haha

I was addicted to Sims 2 too, but I forgot most of it by now. I miss the interests, attraction and fears system, that's all I know. Sims 3 is the game I explored the less, there's a lot of things I never done there. And Sims 4 is my favorite, I enjoy it so much. If it was up to me, Sims 5 would never see the light of day, just keep improving this one and I'm all set!
  • Options
    MortelElmMortelElm Posts: 4 New Member
    Sims 4
    Only me and 30 other people started with Sims 4 (well the people answered in the poll) I don't really know if I belong here or not when the rest of the people started with Sims 3, Sims 2, And Sims 1... :[
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    Sims 1
    MortelElm wrote: »
    Only me and 30 other people started with Sims 4 (well the people answered in the poll) I don't really know if I belong here or not when the rest of the people started with Sims 3, Sims 2, And Sims 1... :[

Even if you own just one copy of sims whether is 1, 2, 3, 4, playstation, xbox, mobileapp or medieval you are part of the sims family and always welcome <3
  • Options
    CrmelsimloverCrmelsimlover Posts: 65 Member
    Sims 1
    @MortelElm , you definitely belong here for the sheer fact that you play the Sims.

I started with Sims 1 and have been hooked ever since. I was going to skip Sims 3, but I caved and bought it. Glad I did, though...it really grew on me.

For me, Sims 4 was okay at first, but then I got bored with it and left it after downloading the Get to Work expansion. It has only been since September 2017 that I came back to it, so now I'm just as hooked on it as I was with the others.
    lKb34rE.png
    A calm sea never made a skillful mariner.