Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

For Those Currently Playing and Enjoying Sims 4

Comments

• gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Sims 3
    So far I'm the only one who started with the sims 4 :(. I feel like I don't belong here since I haven't been playing as long as everyone else.

I started with sims 3. But I started in 2015, after sims 4 was already out. You belong. We all belong here.
  • suzanna13suzanna13 Posts: 1,426 Member
    Sims 2
    I was playing Sims City Societies and mentioned to my son that I wasn't happy that I couldn't do more with the little people that I could never keep happy. He let me play his sims 2 game and that was the beginning of my obsession with sims.
  • ponderosaponderosa Posts: 238 Member
    Sims 2
    Started with Sims 1, but didn't become a full "simmer" until sims 2. I had to have EVERYTHING sims 2 related. Slowed down a lot with sims 3 because I didn't care too much for the game. Back to having to have everything for sims 4. It's my favorite in the series even tho sims 2 is near to my heart.
    tumblr_opta4zrh011r17qi5o1_500.gif
    origin ID: maureenponderosa
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    Sims 1
    @mcrudd That is *glorious*!
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    Sims 1
    @mcrudd That is *glorious*!

aww thank you, On the other side its the evolution of the plumbobs LOL
  • KLAlexisKLAlexis Posts: 472 Member
    Sims 2
    I started with the Sims 2 Pets on the ps2
    "The truth hurts, but lies kill"
  • Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Sims 1
    I was obsessed with it for a while. It was so hard, my Simmies died about every time I played. I must have given up after a while, because I didn't get any expansions. Then I went back to playing Sim City, which I had played since its release in 1989.

I missed TS2 altogether. I picked it back up at TS3. I was going through my stuff and found TS, and remembered there had been a third iteration. I found it on sale, since it had been out for quite some time. Got several EPs, and played it right past TS4 coming out. But TS4 went on sale a few months after release, and there you go.

TS4 is my favorite due to the multitasking, the expressiveness of the Sims, the ambient sound, and ease of switching to different worlds. I feel that TS3 was laggy, but improved with mods. TS4 is more buggy than laggy for me, but TS3 may have been buggy mid cycle before they were fixed.
  • Shadow08Sims3Shadow08Sims3 Posts: 711 Member
    I started Sims 1, when I saw my cousin playing and got into it. I play all of them except 1 now but 2 to 4 .
  • Niobe2000Niobe2000 Posts: 3 New Member
    Sims 1
    I started with sims 1. A cousin had it in his computer and I got hooked, but just remembering those days make me cringe, the animations and details were so bad compared to now, well, at the time it was the best thing ever.
    The thing I miss the most from those days was the time cheat, when I needed friends I would create this room with no doors were I locked up my sim and the "would be" friend, and I cheated with time, so they never left, and stayed there until we were friends. Now I'm enjoying sims 4, although I miss the feature from sims 3 where you could travel all around the neighborhood, it was fun and interesting. And now that I have the get to work expansion, I miss so much sims 3 and their business expansion, it was a lot of fun, and so many varieties of business that you could have right at home. I guess all of the versions have something that make them perfect at their own moment.
  • DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,178 Member
    Sims 1
    Started with 1. But I was young.....like....really young. I'm 25 right now....so do the math. At that point Sims was just the game where I make a family and kill them....that's it. Never used it as anything more than a death simulator, Sims 2 was the same deal. Except now Sims 2 was the "Make the ugliest Sims known to man, and THEN kill them a million times over. But then maybe a few months after it came out I matured a little more to realize that there's more to Sims than just killing them. So I did my best to keep them alive....which didn't work out so well thanks to my needs management skills being god awful. But now I'm a fan for life or until they screw up so bad I boycott.
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    I've still got all the guidebooks from 1 to 3 versions in very heavy pile. I wish there could be a cumulated version for sims 4 to date. Website versions from 3rd parties are not the same and come with unwanted adverts.
    I don't care if I'm regarded as an outsider or not. It is my game and my opinion is as good as anyone else's. :)

I'm the same - I miss those guides! Last time I was home, I found an unopened Sims 2 Seasons game...now if I could just find those darn guides, I'd be in heaven. I loved them and would read them cover to cover before playing!
    aricarai wrote: »
    For those of you that feel you don't belong or don't feel welcome in the community, I'm curious as to what would make you feel more welcome or have a better since of belonging?
    Unfortunately, I don't think there's really anything anyone can do. Pretty much everyone here are just stating their opinions on the franchise and all of its' versions; you don't really see anyone actively invalidating or alienating anyone on purpose (which makes sense as it's against forum rules), so I'm afraid there isn't really much else anyone can do if some fans feel unwelcomed here. Personally, I'm one of those fans (to an extent, at least), and I find that I'll just have to accept that as all part of the parcel if I wish to continue posting in this forum. Nevertheless, I appreciate your concern - it's something that's rarely seen on the internet.

I agree with that - it's people stating their opinions but I wish people wouldn't feel unwelcome by said opinions. They should remember, it's aimed at the game not the person and not to take it personally!
    Scobre wrote: »
    I'm like @BeJaWa - I started back in 2000, but didn't vote because I'm not currently playing, but at one point I enjoyed it.

For those of you that feel you don't belong or don't feel welcome in the community, I'm curious as to what would make you feel more welcome or have a better since of belonging?
    I know when I first joined forums, people wanted to pit me in a side right away with labels like it was some sort of Romeo and Juliet tragedy. I think for one in order to make it feel more welcoming is not to assume the worst of people. I know that forums aren't very welcoming to new posters including myself when I first joined and the whole sides debate gets really intimidating. It is like ok I'm just trying to figure out this forums and meet new people. So I think getting rid of the politics on forums would improve things a lot. Like don't stick Simmers into a side, let them have their own voice and some of us just don't like playing politics like school children. We just want to talk about our favorite Sims games and share our stories and come up with new ideas for the future and let the QA Gurus know of any bugs we encounter. I know for me regardless how I have felt about the game, I have felt unwelcomed and it feels like it is getting worst. I don't feel welcomed here, I never have. But I keep coming back because despite all the bad, I have met some neat Simmers and Gurus here who accept me for who I am despite it all. I think it does help welcoming new Simmers and putting differences aside to do so. Let them discover forums for themselves instead of doing the blanket statement, "forums are bad go away from here." That doesn't make forums a welcoming place to be when that keeps being repeated everywhere.

I do see what you're saying about being put into sides. I've seen a lot of 'go play this game if you like it so much' or 'go back to your section' I don't let those types get to me.

I think what a lot people forget is that no matter what iteration is preferred or played, we're all Simmers that have a preference for whatever iteration, but ultimately, most of us love this franchise...or else we wouldn't be here!
  • MelanieScribblesMelanieScribbles Posts: 161 Member
    Sims 4
    I've only been around the series since Sims 4, but I'm definitely sticking around for future installments and new pack releases. It's nice to see some series veterans around, gives me an idea of what else could be possible. Still waiting on those fairies and genies in Sims 4, Maxis. Talk of Sims 3 really got me pumped for them :) Anyhow, I signed up for the sims because of the huge array of customization options, I'm really a stickler for that. I love designing my own original characters, and I tend to be a little 'out there' with them. Needless to say, the Sims gives me all the options I like, and more. I mean, name me another game where I can create two alien guys, and legit play them like they escaped their home planet to elope. Then let them have a daughter that legit looks like them. Most games that I've played take much more imagination to play characters similar to that, and I can't even fully play them like I want to thanks to game limits. So the Sims was a breath of fresh air: they took the limits I sort of got used to, and it chucked them right out the window. Granted, random silliness like the Grim Reaper allegedly having bunnies as their favorite animal, is definitely a nice bonus... xD

Plus, Maxis is one of the few who seem to get add-on content right. Usually, DLC and the like feel a little like cash grabs, and are hardly written into a story well. They seem to have avoided that pitfall, be it through smart marketing or just getting your money's worth. I bought my game with the Vampires pack, and I have never gotten this much value out of extra content. It was pretty cheap for something that really changed up the gameplay of the base game. 20 euros for an entirely new mechanic AND extra furniture? Sign me the heck up, I'm used to shelling out 30 euros for about 5 hours of extra gameplay. Get to Work was a little more expensive, but still very much worth it if you're really into playing supernaturals (like I am).

Plus, the community is great too. I've been in a lot of fandoms. And I remember that the last time I fell for a game this hard, it turned out to have some rotten, elitist fans that really ruined my experience. I've seen nothing but warm welcomes from Simmers. Every fandom has its rotten apples of course, but at least the ones here seem less vocal about it. I'm almost used to some pretty nasty comments, and closely monitoring about every word I say. But this seems like a place where I can really take a break from that. Another great thing is that you tend to keep to actually discussing the game, instead of accusing people that they're 'not real Simmers', or something ridiculous like that. I really appreciate this kind of way of looking at a game, and that's a kind of community that I want to help support. So I really can't wait to be a full member on these forums. :)
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited December 2017
    Sims 1

I do see what you're saying about being put into sides. I've seen a lot of 'go play this game if you like it so much' or 'go back to your section' I don't let those types get to me.

I think what a lot people forget is that no matter what iteration is preferred or played, we're all Simmers that have a preference for whatever iteration, but ultimately, most of us love this franchise...or else we wouldn't be here!
    Yeah that does come off as rude too and yes best not to. Exactly everyone is a Simmer and why I have the Sneetches quote on my signature. I mean Sims 4 is the first Sims game I've talked about in a forum environment for me, so it still feels new being in an environment I'm still not used to yet. I mean I've been on MTS for over 10 years back when it was modthesims2.com, but I was only a lurker that downloaded mods and CC on there and read Sims stories. It's like a whole different ball game being on the official forums now. But makes it a bit easier with greeting new Simmers coming in with the Sims 4. I'm like I'm like you figuring out forums too. I really do like the new poll system. It makes it a bit easier for me making my own threads now. I was honestly scared to make my own threads before they came out because they would always get trolled on every time. I think it is neat seeing which game Simmers started out on. I didn't start the Sims 1 until 2002 so game had already been developed for two years when I got the Sims Deluxe. All my Sims games are working copies but sadly the first Sims game doesn't like Windows 10, so have to play it on a laptop that still has Windows 7 on it.

I admit I have told Simmers to play the game just so they can come back on forums to share pictures of it and share their stories on forums. I like when Simmers show their love of the Sims by sharing ideas, sharing stories, sharing bugs, and just the whole ups and downs of playing the game itself. That is what interests me about the Sims is how creative the community can be and how we each play a different way and unique our combination of playstyles. I think one of my favorite questions to ask the Gurus is what is their playstyle. Like SimGuruDrake is a deviant Simmer, plays historically, and single Sims. SimGuruGraham is a builder and likes making real people in his games. Then some have a hard time playing the game because they work on it all day. It is just so cool how both Guru and Simmer alike play or in some cases don't play the Sims. Interesting to see if play styles have changed or evolved over the years as well. I know I'm much more of a family player now than I was while playing the Sims Deluxe. I've been a deviant and builder since day one though and love to play with fire in the game.

@mcrudd That bookshelf with your collection is a work of art. What a fun way to display your games.
    Post edited by Scobre on
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    Sims 1
    @mcrudd That bookshelf with your collection is a work of art. What a fun way to display your games.

LOL it was a little project to keep my mind busy, this is the other side, you can't see it clearly but its the evolution of the plumbob. 1,2,3,4 and Medieval
    1NymFPb.jpg?1

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member
    Sims 1
    mcrudd wrote: »

LOL it was a little project to keep my mind busy, this is the other side, you can't see it clearly but its the evolution of the plumbob. 1,2,3,4 and Medieval
    1NymFPb.jpg?1

I love it!! Wish I had one, did you make it yourself?
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited December 2017
    Sims 1
    I've only been around the series since Sims 4, but I'm definitely sticking around for future installments and new pack releases. It's nice to see some series veterans around, gives me an idea of what else could be possible. Still waiting on those fairies and genies in Sims 4, Maxis. Talk of Sims 3 really got me pumped for them :) Anyhow, I signed up for the sims because of the huge array of customization options, I'm really a stickler for that. I love designing my own original characters, and I tend to be a little 'out there' with them. Needless to say, the Sims gives me all the options I like, and more. I mean, name me another game where I can create two alien guys, and legit play them like they escaped their home planet to elope. Then let them have a daughter that legit looks like them. Most games that I've played take much more imagination to play characters similar to that, and I can't even fully play them like I want to thanks to game limits. So the Sims was a breath of fresh air: they took the limits I sort of got used to, and it chucked them right out the window. Granted, random silliness like the Grim Reaper allegedly having bunnies as their favorite animal, is definitely a nice bonus... xD

Plus, Maxis is one of the few who seem to get add-on content right. Usually, DLC and the like feel a little like cash grabs, and are hardly written into a story well. They seem to have avoided that pitfall, be it through smart marketing or just getting your money's worth. I bought my game with the Vampires pack, and I have never gotten this much value out of extra content. It was pretty cheap for something that really changed up the gameplay of the base game. 20 euros for an entirely new mechanic AND extra furniture? Sign me the heck up, I'm used to shelling out 30 euros for about 5 hours of extra gameplay. Get to Work was a little more expensive, but still very much worth it if you're really into playing supernaturals (like I am).

Plus, the community is great too. I've been in a lot of fandoms. And I remember that the last time I fell for a game this hard, it turned out to have some rotten, elitist fans that really ruined my experience. I've seen nothing but warm welcomes from Simmers. Every fandom has its rotten apples of course, but at least the ones here seem less vocal about it. I'm almost used to some pretty nasty comments, and closely monitoring about every word I say. But this seems like a place where I can really take a break from that. Another great thing is that you tend to keep to actually discussing the game, instead of accusing people that they're 'not real Simmers', or something ridiculous like that. I really appreciate this kind of way of looking at a game, and that's a kind of community that I want to help support. So I really can't wait to be a full member on these forums. :)

Overall - I have always stated that Simmers are some of the best people on the internet. I have many, many long time friends I have been talking with for a very long time that are all simmers. It does not matter where they live, what their status is or isn't in life, who they know or don't know - what part of the world where they hail from. It doesn't matter what their religion or politics are, or even how they play the game we all love for how ever many years each of us has loved it. It does not matter who they love, what their skin color is, what their financial or social status is - nor what they do for a living - or even whether or not they are a child or an elder - nothing matters at all as long as they have played the game.
    And that they share things about the game - whether it is their stories, their pictures, things that make them laugh, cry, or even angry. No comment or feeling about the game as long as it is done in a decent manner - is too little or too much, nor is any of it unwelcomed by most of us. We don't like players attacking other players though - as it's about the game and how we each play. Your way is just as good as my way - keep that in mind.

In the Sims - it is such an unusual game - there is no right or wrong way to play. There is no discrimination of any kind by and large - and it is an extremely welcoming game for any and everybody. The door is open to all simmers - the welcome mat is always out - and you can just be yourself on these forums - as long as the talk of the day is the Sims and your experiences within the game. Every one here - is just as important as everyone else. The only place on earth - I feel where everyone is pretty much equal whether you started 17 years ago - or yesterday - you have a place, a voice, and many wonderful people eager to share your simming experience, or even give you a helping hand, or answer your questions if you have any. There is no other game that brings the world together like the Sims - whether you have a blind love for the game or a hate/love relationship for the game. We have one thing in common - we play the Sims, and we are one as a people - The Simmers, that's us. Welcome to the fold.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

Sims 1
    mccrudd - your bookcase is just darling and a great way to keep all your Sims games in one place and beautifully displayed. Wonderful idea. Love it.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• ehaught58ehaught58 Posts: 2,765 Member
    Sims 1
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

Overall - I have always stated that Simmers are some of the best people on the internet. I have many, many long time friends I have been talking with for a very long time that are all simmers. It does not matter where they live, what their status is or isn't in life, who they know or don't know - what part of the world where they hail from. It doesn't matter what their religion or politics are, or even how they play the game we all love for how ever many years each of us has loved it. It does not matter who they love, what their skin color is, what their financial or social status is - nor what they do for a living - or even whether or not they are a child or an elder - nothing matters at all as long as they have played the game.
    And that they share things about the game - whether it is their stories, their pictures, things that make them laugh, cry, or even angry. No comment or feeling about the game as long as it is done in a decent manner - is too little or too much, nor is any of it unwelcomed by most of us. We don't like players attacking other players though - as it's about the game and how we each play. Your way is just as good as my way - keep that in mind.

In the Sims - it is such an unusual game - there is no right or wrong way to play. There is no discrimination of any kind by and large - and it is an extremely welcoming game for any and everybody. The door is open to all simmers - the welcome mat is always out - and you can just be yourself on these forums - as long as the talk of the day is the Sims and your experiences within the game. Every one here - is just as important as everyone else. The only place on earth - I feel where everyone is pretty much equal whether you started 17 years ago - or yesterday - you have a place, a voice, and many wonderful people eager to share your simming experience, or even give you a helping hand, or answer your questions if you have any. There is no other game that brings the world together like the Sims - whether you have a blind love for the game or a hate/love relationship for the game. We have one thing in common - we play the Sims, and we are one as a people - The Simmers, that's us. Welcome to the fold.

Yeppers, we been here a looooong time! ;)
    fkgck4xkargo.png
    "If you build it, they will come." - Movie: Field of Dreams
    Sims 1
    ehaught58 wrote: »
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

Yeppers, we been here a looooong time! ;)

Hey Ed! This is one of my long time friends now that goes back to Sims 1 days. Want great builds in all the sims games - Ehaught's one of the best. I don't have a Sims game with out some of Ed's amazing work in it.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• LumiastaLumiasta Posts: 171 Member
    Sims 1
    Started with Sims 1, played a lot. Sims 2 only a little while, but not because the game lacked something, more like I was hooked on another game during those years. Sims 3 got me to actual simming addiction of playing forever and enjoying my storylines and legacies, but out of all of those, I actually like Sims 4 the most. I like the new look and updated graphics, the way sims look now versus earlier. Most importantly I love the aspirations and the reward points and the sort of... gaming-achievement and xp-goals approach, it feels much more a game in its -mechanics- now instead of a simulator.

I do miss world adventures and more supernatural life states from Sims 3 still, and then Sims 4 will have all the things I loved most in 3.

A bit after 4 came out I tried going back to 3 for pets and world adventures, but 4 had spoiled me with the moods and goals and more gaming feel and I couldn't play it anymore, 'm now in 4 for good.

As for forums and welcoming and such, I'm relatively new to the forums as well, even to the point that I haven't noticed any unpleasantness going on. In fact everyone has seemed very nice. But just in case: cookies and hugs for all, and enjoy your simming!
  • MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Sims 2
    I started playing with the Sims 2 Castaway on Wii and I loved it. I forgot about the sims for a while after that until I heard about the Sims 4 so here I am. I never played 1 or 3 though.