Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Console controls

15678911...Next

Comments

• Options
    SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    This discussion has actually leaked over to social media (yup, I saw it on YouTube). I haven't played on console since Playstation 2. I cannot help but wonder, is there something about console programming that keeps the game from having player-set controls? On PC games, you can change many and most of the key controls setup. This seems to me like it might be a good solution, if it was possible to switch the controller mode from one setting to the other setting. Since I have never programmed anything on console though, I guess I will never know.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • Options
    LadycatzLadycatz Posts: 11 New Member
    I think I am getting used to the new buttons, but NOT the pointer sticking Or having it locked up in the menus. I ruined a very happy romance because of that. 😢
  • Options
    Monda76Monda76 Posts: 50 Member
    So sorry.
  • Options
    xboxwillsendmetohellxboxwillsendmetohell Posts: 3 New Member
    @SimsILikeSims Exactly. I think we need accessible controls. It's been 10 years and Fallout 3 on the Xbox 360 still has more control fluidity than Sims. I play many console games from Sims 3 time or earlier. They have changeable controls.

Even The Orange Box's Xbox port has changeable controls. Cuphead, a game from 2017, has changeable controls. Almost all modern console games have this basic feature.

The Sims 4, something that's been around before most 3D games now, no rebinding. Barely a left-handed mode. Actually, I don't even think there is one. Even Minecraft: Pocket Edition had that.