Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Console controls

Comments

• Cj901Cj901 Posts: 6 New Member
    Can we get some customer context please 😫
  • BriBri4209BriBri4209 Posts: 1 New Member
    I have Sims 4 on pc and console, on pc I have bought add-ons, can they transfer to the Xbox 1 too?
  • vyvexthornevyvexthorne Posts: 66 Member
    > @LanieBorne said:
    > What is the Xbox equivelent of the PC's shift-clicking on a sim?

I think with cheats on hold B and press A... (or hold o and press x on ps4.)
    Was thinking it'd be nice to have a list of cheats that do not disable trophies.. There seem to be certain cheats you can type in without having to type in testingcheats on... like bb.moveobjects and bb.enablefreebuild. (maybe only bb.cheats don't disable trophies?) I have no idea if there are others but a list would obviously be helpful.
  • floralneyfloralney Posts: 230 Member
    BriBri4209 wrote: »
    I have Sims 4 on pc and console, on pc I have bought add-ons, can they transfer to the Xbox 1 too?

No, they don't transfer.
  • Pazzie37Pazzie37 Posts: 1 New Member
    Anyone know when they’ll do a keyboard and mouse support for this game. Using a controller is very fiddly and frustrating.
  • floralneyfloralney Posts: 230 Member
    Pazzie37 wrote: »
    Anyone know when they’ll do a keyboard and mouse support for this game. Using a controller is very fiddly and frustrating.

They're working on it. They said there won't be an update in December, so sometime in 2019 probably.
  • JaySnowyJaySnowy Posts: 102 Member
    EA are u interested adding Sims 4 to the Nintendo Switch. And I hope so cause I feel like it’s time to.I really really really wanna play it. I was hoping we will get a big announcement in the upcoming game awards but so far I don’t see any signs. EA please bring the Sims 4 on the Nintendo Switch. I’ll pay 60 or $70 dollars for it just bring to switch please. Sales in the US are pretty good right now for the Nintendo Switch. I’m asking please add sims 4 to the Switch. Sims 4 is a great game. Bring back the sims to Nintendo!T-T
  • sooozeeebeeesooozeeebeee Posts: 665 Member
    @EA_Mage This thread was very helpful when The Sims4 on console first came out, but the controller commands, buttons, functions, have changed so much! A new, or updated and edited first post of the basic controls would be much appreciated and extremely helpful.
  • AngelHarlessAngelHarless Posts: 2 New Member
    > @HalloMolli said:
    > Hello, can you rotate objects freely ( 360°) like we can on PC? When I push R1 on my ps4 it only rotate in 45°~ish steps.

Hold (LT+RT) on xbox or (L2+R2) on ps then use the right joystick to rotate anyway you want.
  • NeedrarNeedrar Posts: 141 Member
    Im in live mode on vacation and i try to place my archiologic table but it is turned the wrong way. How can you turn placeable objects in live mode (build mode is greyed out when on vacation)?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • NeedrarNeedrar Posts: 141 Member
    How do you turn stuff then? Im at work right now so can 't check it.
  • qwertyueqwertyue Posts: 5 New Member
    Can you please share some information on when we will see mouse and keyboard support for consoles? It's frustrating with the controller.
  • boykinater18boykinater18 Posts: 237 Member
    qwertyue wrote: »
    Can you please share some information on when we will see mouse and keyboard support for consoles? It's frustrating with the controller.

I’m hoping for April. I have a keyboard and mouse ready to use. It’s been a while since it’s been talked about so I’d like it to be soon.

• simoleoncatsimoleoncat Posts: 46 Member
    qwertyue wrote: »

I’m hoping for April. I have a keyboard and mouse ready to use. It’s been a while since it’s been talked about so I’d like it to be soon.

I watched the live stream on Twitch today and they said "Next week. 4/16 console will be getting an update... full mouse and keyboard support. It will be just like controlling the PC game on your console"
  • LyraTrishaLyraTrisha Posts: 122 Member
    does anyone know if it's possible to change the lifespan of sims in the console version? As far as I know, it isn't.
  • animevampanimevamp Posts: 136 Member
    LyraTrisha wrote: »
    does anyone know if it's possible to change the lifespan of sims in the console version? As far as I know, it isn't.

Just pause your game and go to game settings > gameplay> sim lifespan
    edited April 2019
    Keyboard and mouse controls seem to work great. Exactly like on pc. The menu and controls can switch seamlessly back and forth between controller and keyboard/mouse.. which is interesting to say the least. (It truly makes you wonder why they felt the need to change the control scheme so much. I mean, how hard is it to use your controller to point and click?) It's kind of sad that the Sims 3 camera mode only works with keyboard/mouse. Just doesn't seem right that the only way to tilt the camera is locked for controller users.

My obvious problem was that I only have a wired keyboard/mouse to test with and so ended up sitting on a hard wood floor using a coffee table to try it out. Was all ok until my legs and butt started to fall asleep. Also luckily discovered that xbone S has 3 usb ports and so didn't end up having to transfer the sims from the external hard drive to the internal which I had planned on doing when I thought it only had 2. (one usb port in front, 2 in back.)

All in all, not sure if it's actually worth it to go out and buy a wireless keyboard/mouse and lapdesk just to play the game on console though. Some might totally find that purchase justified but I'm pretty comfortable with the controller and other than the 'no Sims3 camera mode' have no problems just playing it as is.

Additional: Not sure if this is new or not but I was able to delete individual saved games now. With keyboard/mouse you just press the little red x button over the save and with controller you just highlight the save and press Y / Triangle.
    Post edited by vyvexthorne on
  • SimsGirl12344455SimsGirl12344455 Posts: 1 New Member
    Can someone please help, I’ve just downloaded TS4 for Xbox one but can’t seem To get the LS RS reminder thing off. Does anyone know how To do this? It’s driving me insane.
    edited April 2019
    Can someone please help, I’ve just downloaded TS4 for Xbox one but can’t seem To get the LS RS reminder thing off. Does anyone know how To do this? It’s driving me insane.

Pretty sure it's in the "other" section of the settings profile. Might be one of those settings you have to apply for each save or something.

Edit: Yeah.. it's in game options "other" and then uncheck "Controls Overlay Reminder"

• siminettesiminette Posts: 160 Member
    Cool!
  • LyraTrishaLyraTrisha Posts: 122 Member
    Is the Sims 4 Gallery cross-platform?
  • animevampanimevamp Posts: 136 Member
    @LeGardePourpre I don't think you can. The closest you can get to advanced roof manipulation on ps4 is holding square and X at the same time to adjust one side of the roof only.