Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I think we need space saving furnitures. What do you think?

FurkeanFurkean Posts: 177 Member
edited November 2017 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
We had the chance to have it as a stuff pack but laundry was also glamorous so we picked it over everything. But should this mean we lost all of our chances? Hope not because space saving is literally the new black, what do you think?

I think we need space saving furnitures. What do you think? 78 votes

Yeah! We definitely need them.
93%
Frn0731redrogue60pepperjax1230aprilroseMaMaTwinklebirdmusiclover13191SimsILikeSimsWritin_RegSimburiankeekee53miadarkdeciderCynnaSerraNolwensimgirl1010rosehrtgirlluthienrisingJennyggHimRumitaydevjinerator 73 votes
Nope. Who cares?
6%
friendlysimmersBagoas77Simsfan99111poltergeistMsLadii15 5 votes

Comments

• Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    How do you define "space saving"? Are you talking Murphy Beds or smaller furniture or multi use furniture like the boat one tile bathroom?
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,974 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    How do you define "space saving"? Are you talking Murphy Beds or smaller furniture or multi use furniture like the boat one tile bathroom?

For me, space saving furniture would be murphy beds, bunk beds, one square dressers or watdrobes, desk and bookcase in one, stacking washers and dryers, china cabinets should hold inventory like the chests we got for Halloween, a hamper inside of a counter. These types of things are what I see as space saving.
  • Options
    KarliaKarlia Posts: 310 Member
    I love to build small houses and rooms, therefore I'd be really happy about space saving furniture. I'd especially love to have combination furniture, for example, if the bed has drawers it could be used both as a bed and a wardrobe. I'd definitely love more objects to hold inventory, especially separate inventories. I like to have my stuff organized, I even dislike the conjoined bookshelves because it doesn't allow for proper sorting. I'd also like to have a ladder, sounds strange but I think ladders would be great for mini-houses or barns and attics.
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited November 2017
    SheriSim57 wrote: »

For me, space saving furniture would be murphy beds, bunk beds, one square dressers or watdrobes, desk and bookcase in one, stacking washers and dryers, china cabinets should hold inventory like the chests we got for Halloween, a hamper inside of a counter. These types of things are what I see as space saving.

Yep. Please add an in-counter trash compactor to that list. ;)

Oh! And a one-tile closet? Two people trying to woohoo in such a small closet could come out looking disheveled but happy. :)

I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    SerraNolwenSerraNolwen Posts: 731 Member
    Those sound great. I'd particularly love the beds with drawers under and a desk/bookcase combination. And trash compactors. Or even just a way to hide trash cans inside a counter.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I'd love some space saving furniture - sofas that open out to beds, bedside tables that can store clothes or books, bunk beds, loft beds that can fit a desk or dresser underneath... I've been happy that they've put out single-tile desks. It was a start.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    BambooramBambooram Posts: 222 Member
    *chants* bunk beds! bunk beds! bunk beds! *chants*
    HV83B28.png
  • Options
    rosehrtgirlrosehrtgirl Posts: 252 Member
    I would like smaller skill building items. Like a regular telescope that can be placed even in an apartment. Pair of binoculars. Sketch pads for painting skill and child creative skill. A regular microscope that sits on a counter or desk. Small beaker set that can be placed on counters or desk for both child and adult mental skills and rocket skill. Small one tile bar. Bicycles, tricycles, skateboards that can be taken out of inventory for use to increase the psychical skills.
  • Options
    PerunaPeruna Posts: 101 Member
    God yes, I would love bunk beds and L-shaped stairs (I think that's what they're called?)!
    Those sound great. I'd particularly love the beds with drawers under and a desk/bookcase combination. And trash compactors. Or even just a way to hide trash cans inside a counter.
    Also these!
  • Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    With the fact that all of the lot sizes in this game are predetermined, and with so many being on the smaller side, I think that more space-saving items would be an awesome idea! Besides, forget for kids, I'd love to have two adult roommates share bunk beds! :D
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Is bunk beds considered space saving?
  • Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    Briana2425 wrote: »

Well, they do allow you to house two people in one room without sacrificing the extra floor space you'd need for that second bed, so I'd say yes. Believe me, as a person who's shared a room both with bunk beds and two separate twin beds on separate occasions in the exact same room growing up, the bunk beds definitely made a difference.
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Briana2425 wrote: »

Well, they do allow you to house two people in one room without sacrificing the extra floor space you'd need for that second bed, so I'd say yes. Believe me, as a person who's shared a room both with bunk beds and two separate twin beds on separate occasions in the exact same room growing up, the bunk beds definitely made a difference.

OK thanks
  • Options
    HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    Convertible furniture would be so neat!!
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    This thread has some good ideas in it!!

Beds:
    • Murphy bed
    • Bunk beds
    • Bed with drawers under
    • Loft bed (Single and double)
    • Fold out bunk beds
      35a61bff406e2e830cdab38b87c92721.jpg
    • Trundle bed
    • Futon bed (a real one, not like the fake one in CL)
    • Folding bed (takes up 1 square when folded)

Narrow dressers and wardrobes (aka only take up one square)
    One square desk (CL has one with a book shelf above, but the book shelf is not functional)
    Under bed toy box.

Extendable table. (A one square table that seats four, that can become a 2 square table that seats 6, and a two square table that extends to a 3 square table)

Folding chairs that can hang on the wall (we've already got ones that look like they should fold)

Sofa bed
    Futon that becomes bed

All in one bathroom (takes up one square)
    All in one kitchen (takes up 2-3 squares)
    Awesome-All-In-One-Kitchen-Units-88-On-Decoration-Ideas-with-All-In-One-Kitchen-Units.jpg
    b981f7cf1693a7a82adbac6ce793df19.jpg

Wall mountable veggie planter. Grow 3 plants in pots up a wall, in a one square space.
    9a175e0d78c1d976c4caeb2145899edb.jpg

Basically, it'd be nice to have stuff that means you could have a fully furnished flat in 3X4 squares.
    Tiny homes are hugely popular, it's really surprising that the game developers haven't caught on to this trend.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    musiclover13191musiclover13191 Posts: 82 Member
    I voted yes!
    Hogwarts House: Hufflepuff | Ilvermorny House: Pukwudgie | Patronus: Hedgehog
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    Yup I agree with you. We need more of them. If they are going to do it, it will be awesome if they also do objects that are space saving and also portable, kinda like the cooler where you can use it as a chair and a place to grab snack in which is portable.
  • Options
    That foldaway bunk bed is dead sexy. I've never seen anything like that before. :)

I also love the kitchenettes, especially the metal one. It reminds me of what small apartment kitchens looked like when I was a kid.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    - Bunk beds
    - Ladders
    - I <3 the wall mounted planters. That would make the home greener and we would have indoor plants that you could interact with.
  • Options
    SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    edited November 2017
    I would love to see a stairway with a built in under the stairs storage area that functions as a wardrobe or bookcase.
    Murphy beds, recliners, futons (the kind that convert from bed to sofa), and pull-out sofa beds would be great too. Chaise lounges would also be an option that would give our Sim builds character. Idea for recliners/lounge chairs: Multitasking could work like this: Sit and either talk or relax or eat/drink. Nobody lies down while drinking beverages. (I recall trying once, and getting the water up my nose instead of in my mouth.) Likewise, nobody talks with their arms and hands while lying down - if they do, it looks weird. Storage ottomans would be great to have too. Like the one here:
    https://houzz.com/product/93311025-belleze-elegant-storage-ottoman-coffee-table-with-button-tufted-ccents-stool-transitional-footstools-and-ottomans

Bunk beds and loft beds are a must. There has been a mod for bunk beds, but we really need official content bunk beds. Ideally, a desk or dresser could be placed under the loft bed for a small bedroom space.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,974 Member
    Movotti wrote: »
    This thread has some good ideas in it!!

Beds:
    • Murphy bed
    • Bunk beds
    • Bed with drawers under
    • Loft bed (Single and double)
    • Fold out bunk beds
      35a61bff406e2e830cdab38b87c92721.jpg
    • Trundle bed
    • Futon bed (a real one, not like the fake one in CL)
    • Folding bed (takes up 1 square when folded)

Narrow dressers and wardrobes (aka only take up one square)
    One square desk (CL has one with a book shelf above, but the book shelf is not functional)
    Under bed toy box.

Extendable table. (A one square table that seats four, that can become a 2 square table that seats 6, and a two square table that extends to a 3 square table)

Folding chairs that can hang on the wall (we've already got ones that look like they should fold)

Sofa bed
    Futon that becomes bed

All in one bathroom (takes up one square)
    All in one kitchen (takes up 2-3 squares)
    Awesome-All-In-One-Kitchen-Units-88-On-Decoration-Ideas-with-All-In-One-Kitchen-Units.jpg
    b981f7cf1693a7a82adbac6ce793df19.jpg

Wall mountable veggie planter. Grow 3 plants in pots up a wall, in a one square space.
    9a175e0d78c1d976c4caeb2145899edb.jpg

Basically, it'd be nice to have stuff that means you could have a fully furnished flat in 3X4 squares.
    Tiny homes are hugely popular, it's really surprising that the game developers haven't caught on to this trend.

I am trying to figure out how you could make a one tile bathroom! But, many good ideas here.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    We had a one tile bathroom in Island Paradise. It was mainly used for boats to save space. It was the size of a shower box, no glass and you could shower, poop, pee or anything at the sink that you could do at any other sink. I loved it. I would like to have it back for my tiny builds.
  • Options
    redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,053 Member

• I completely agree with the stacking Washer/Dryer
    • I think I know what you are getting at with the china cabinet but are you imagining it to be like a curio cabinet?
    • I hope that if they bring back Witches & Alchemy they'll add a potion cabinet again or at least something to hold herbs, voodoo doll and other related items
    “All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett
  • Options

I am trying to figure out how you could make a one tile bathroom! But, many good ideas here.

It's basically a wet bath like you would find in a lot of RVs or in some places in Europe and Asia.

The shower is the entire bathroom and the sink is sometimes a part of the toilet or flips down out of the wall.

I3Ml5Om.jpg