Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Least Favorite Toddler Trait?

So with my legacy I play a lot of different sims, including toddlers. My question to you is; what is your least favorite toddler trait?

Mine is probably fussy, they seem to do nothing but throw food and fits!
~Find Me On YouTube: My Channel~IG: katiesadie00~Twitter: katiesadie00~

Comments

• Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    I hate them all because it seems no mater what one I give them they have a bad personality :joy:
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    AbraKadabraAbraKadabra Posts: 304 Member
    Independant was horrible in my household. Everytime the parents would change the diapers or feed the toddler, she would get angry. She was constantly angry, it was very annoying.
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    I've yet to choose the fussy trait. I usually go with Independent or Charmer. But I think all traits are a mixed bag of good and bad.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    MarktnMarktn Posts: 554 Member
    I only use Charmer, Independent or Angelic. They are moody enough. lol
  • Options
    And, my least favorite moodlet for them Tots is "Dancer With Attitude". It's supposed to be fun and is for a hot minute.
  • Options
    Patch__2008Patch__2008 Posts: 498 Member
    I agree, independent can be frustrating! My first toddler after the update added them was independent. Boy was potty training hard! He never wanted to listen!
  • Options
    I agree, independent can be frustrating! My first toddler after the update added them was independent. Boy was potty training hard! He never wanted to listen!

Yeah, umm... I haven't played an Independent toddler since Parenthood. It used to be my go to though.
  • Options
    jbestxoxojbestxoxo Posts: 271 Member
    Mine is definitely clingy and fussy. Independent is my favorite for skill building :)
  • Options
    MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Anything that isn't angelic lol.
  • Options
    emilymsimsemilymsims Posts: 398 Member
    Hmm I guess fussy! I've never used it because I'm afraid of how terrible my toddler would be!
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I've only tried some of the traits. I've had a clingy toddler too, but he wasn't too bad. I imagine fussy would be a nightmare.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    edited July 2017
    Probably fussy or clingy because their always upset. I love the wild ones. They can throw all the food they want and run around naked. I can deal with that. Just don't cry or throw a tantrum.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options
    plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    All toddler traits are exciting and allow us to have dynamic toddlers that show different personalities.

I like toddlers.

Toddlers are great.
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    edited July 2017
    I've played with all of them except for silly so far. I've yet to try a silly toddler. I actually like independent toddlers and have had a good experience with them. Some of my parents are probably a little bit more hands off than those of other players and those tend to be the ones that match well with the independent trait. I'll make a nice nursery, set the kid up and let them handle themselves. Greta Munch, the daughter of Gunther Munch and a disinterested social climber, is an independent sim. That means that she's quite resilient and internally-driven. Her parents' weaknesses don't deeply phase her.

The least favorite trait for me is definitely fussy. I've only tried it once and the kid was pretty much a brat. I've fit it into her personality though by making her somewhat assertive as she gets older. Basically, she's growing into a positive and functional adult. Don't try to mess with her though. I may use that trait again in the right context but its definitely my least favorite.

I can work with all of the others, more or less. Clingy is a trait that I tend to pair with a child who has a stay-at-home parent. Even my dual income working households tend to trade off leave in order to have someone be home every day with a toddler, but the one clingy toddler I can think of had a full-time stay-at-home mom. She was also family-oriented so she could comfort him easily and if he got upset, she'd give him juice in the high chair.

I guess I usually try to match a toddler trait with a household that will work well with it. I have a wild toddler who lives in Rindle Rose where he can easily run outside and get wild on the porch. I guess that I have not done too much deviant matching of toddler traits with households that won't work well with them (ie: clingy toddler and working parents, wild toddler in a one room nursery all day, inquisitive child with slacker parents, etc). I'm too nice to enjoy that, I guess. Lol.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    FeisbukaiteFeisbukaite Posts: 703 Member
    edited July 2017
    I use mostly independent and angelic. My sims usually have kids very early in their lives and career. They want to party and concentrate on the career. I found these 2 types of toddlers are easiest to take care of and max their skills while having busy partying and career lives.
  • Options
    starcrunchstarcrunch Posts: 672 Member

The key to having an easy time with independent toddlers is to have them ask for food, baths, bed, etc. If the toddler asks the parent they don't get angry.
    OriginID: CrunchedStars
  • Options
    FalyniosFalynios Posts: 298 Member
    edited July 2017
    Independent. There's no purpose to it. It has only bad effects. Being able to improve skill faster alone as opposed to with an adult is useless. Then every time you try to take care of the toddler, they get angry.
  • Options
    megiaremegiare Posts: 421 Member
    I'd say clingy because of the carry over to child. In my current save, the toddler I had with that trait aged up and anyone who he talks to that isn't a caretaker makes him tense.
    aD9wyNW.jpg
  • Options
    Patch__2008Patch__2008 Posts: 498 Member
    In the family I am playing in my current save I had 3 toddlers, 2 of which were fussy. I started playing as the family after the children had already become toddlers, so I didn't get to choose their traits.
    They were a meds! Always angry or sad. They almost starved and got taken away on several occassions because they wanted to throw their food instead of eat it!
    Thankfully the 3rd toddler was angelic so taking care of her was a breeze.
  • Options
    haydub07haydub07 Posts: 84 Member
    I think I've only used 2 or 3 because I'm afraid to use the rest! lol
  • Options
    SimsSlaySimsSlay Posts: 57 Member
    Clingy for sure! I love the idea of a clingy toddler IRL but I hate that they get sad everytime my sim leaves the same room as them. Plus I've had issues where my sim would still get the sad moodlet as an adult from this trait, has anyone else had this problem?
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Probably fussy or clingy because their always upset. I love the wild ones. They can throw all the food they want and run around naked. I can deal with that. Just don't cry or throw a tantrum.
    Wow really all the traits for me seem to be all the same throw tantrums have terrible meltdowns and then be a huge pain. :joy:

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    ElenPinkElenPink Posts: 541 Member
    Clingy and Angelic. Toddlers with these traits always seem to be crying about something.

I love Wild...when they take off their clothes and start running around naked its honestly adorable.
    webp_net_gifmaker_by_sarcasmisbetter-dcfn6tz.gif
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    Least fave is Independent, especially when I'm trying to grind for skills.

For clingy I always have a parent around the toddler anyway cause they can't do anything without them taking care of them in some manner.
  • Options
    Kilov17Kilov17 Posts: 1,795 Member
    Idk, me, personally, I only like the traits that help the learning speed. If it don't help them learn SOMETHING faster, I don't like it and doesn't appear (to me) to be all that do.
    I'm SO simple :P
    Kilov17 (Gallery ID: SimOppresser)
    JrTlDGw.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top