Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Least Favorite Toddler Trait?

2...Next

Comments

• DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    Angelic. It's almost like using cheats hahaha
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • OtoyoOtoyo Posts: 698 Member
    Charmer (its a really cute trait, but some times when they age up they get glitched and are left constantly sad from no socialization even if they socialize all the time).
    But if I ignore glitches, then my least favorite is independent cause they seem to deny their parent's hugs more often (which is saddening).
  • ArtsyBananaArtsyBanana Posts: 339 Member
    Fussy is the only trait I don't use since it was such a hassle

Inquisitive so far is my most used trait :D it's just VERY useful especially I have around 2-4 sims in a household at a time. and Leveling the thinking skill as a priority has yielded great results with raising them better.
    See what's up in my gallery: Origin ID: ArtsyBanana
    I have finally finished my Legacy Challenge , these are the Levis (numbered by Generation!)
    https://imgur.com/L3Q6aQZ

• KurokuLeeKurokuLee Posts: 155 Member
    I'd have to go with Wild purely because of the glitches where toddler traits don't disappear as sims age up. Wild toddlers age up and still have the wild trait. It is annoying as the sim glitches out and keeps shrinking/climbing stairs (from teen to elder) due to the "run, run, run" moodlet... It doesn't cause as much of a problem with other traits but this one was annoying!
  • CxpmemeCxpmeme Posts: 76 Member
    Fussy and Independent.... and everything else besides Angelic
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    I randomise toddler traits. Worst I've had so far is Fussy. Independent don't like the adult initialising things, but are fine when asking for attention/help themselves.
  • JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    I probably pick angelic the least.....not sure I'd call it my "least favorite" though....but I generally pick fussy or wild because the others are too easy to play.
    Falynios wrote: »
    Independent. There's no purpose to it. It has only bad effects. Being able to improve skill faster alone as opposed to with an adult is useless. Then every time you try to take care of the toddler, they get angry.

You just described it's purpose and usefulness....the toddler can learn faster alone....so the adult sims can do their own thing without having to spend as much time teaching skills to the toddler, which is particularly useful in large households or when both parents work.
    Wow really all the traits for me seem to be all the same throw tantrums have terrible meltdowns and then be a huge pain. :joy:

They all start out somewhat fussy. You have to level up their Thinking skill. All toddlers, even the fussy and wild ones, have less meltdowns, stop throwing food, stop splashing in the toilet, have less nightmares, etc. as you level up the Thinking skill....at level 4-5 Thinking, they all become pretty easy to manage. A maxed skill toddler, with any toddler trait, only needs to be bathed every so often and set some food out for the toddler when hungry, but otherwise just takes care of themselves.
    megiare wrote: »
    I'd say clingy because of the carry over to child. In my current save, the toddler I had with that trait aged up and anyone who he talks to that isn't a caretaker makes him tense.

Are you sure they just aren't in the "clingy" phase that children can get in the game? All children can get that phase from time to time, regardless of their toddler trait.
  • MarktnMarktn Posts: 554 Member
    I've been using Silly a lot lately. It seems they tend to behave more to me and it easier to keep them happy IMO
  • RickyPhamRickyPham Posts: 44 Member
    I hate independent and everything the independent child stands for. Wild is my favorite trait, it allows the gameplay from Parenthood to really shine.
    xYktTRa.png
  • KismetRoseKismetRose Posts: 302 Member
    Clingy drives me bonkers! Can't get anything done :D
  • B_E2009B_E2009 Posts: 131 Member
    Silly, fun drops so extremely fast!
  • plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    Just remember that when we get the Active Daycare Career, there won't be an option to dodge any of these toddlers traits. You will get what you are given.

They will probably add a 'Little Monster' trait as well.

Just saying.
  • Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    Not exactly a trait, but my least favorite toddler activity is Make a Mess. Seems every time I turn around, a toddler is making a mess and having fun doing so.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Patch__2008Patch__2008 Posts: 498 Member
    I find clingy to not be so hard if the toddler has older siblings that can interact with it.
    ~Find Me On YouTube: My Channel~IG: katiesadie00~Twitter: katiesadie00~
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,381 Member
    My least favorite is fussy, but not because of toddlers actually being fussy, but because lack of it. I don't even notice any fussiness. I would expect them to throw temper tantrums and get upset more than other toddlers, but no, they actually seem more calm. I can see more personalities on toddlers with other traits.
  • SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    edited December 2019
    My favorite is Independent, followed by Clingy, followed by Charmer, followed by Angelic, followed by Inquisitive...

It's a bit of a tough call, but I'd probably choose Wild as my least favorite, since they tend to be the ones who most often wake up relatives, make messes, etc.
  • SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    plopppo2 wrote: »
    Just remember that when we get the Active Daycare Career, there won't be an option to dodge any of these toddlers traits. You will get what you are given.

They will probably add a 'Little Monster' trait as well.

Just saying.

Pfft. EA. Adding toddler traits. Pfft.
  • Patch__2008Patch__2008 Posts: 498 Member
    KismetRose wrote: »
    Clingy drives me bonkers! Can't get anything done :D

Exactly especially when playing with a single parent. :s
    ~Find Me On YouTube: My Channel~IG: katiesadie00~Twitter: katiesadie00~
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    To be honest, I don't feel any of the traits make much of a difference. I've had angelic toddlers throw fits and be nasty.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Hey folks, considering this thread has been inactive for quite some time I'm going to close it off. If you have any questions about necroposting you can read this thread here : Necroposting
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top