Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The grand sequel to: "The first one to page 100 wins!"

Comments

• Options
    mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    Today's Q Q is:
    Spicy food: Yay or nay?

NAAAAAY ALL DA WAY.

I only like spicy Indian food. Not a fan of spicy Mexican or Chinese. I know, I'm weird.

Ew, I hate Indian food. XD It's too spicy and curry like for me.
    Yo, I almost got knocked down by a taxi while I was crossing the road and I tried to stop it with my hand (weird reflex LOL) as the cab also halted and I scraped my palm. 😭 BUT I'M ALIVE. 🙌 God bless. 😂

Geez! I hope you were like "I'M WALKIN' HERE!" :D But in all seriousness, I'm glad you weren't seriously hurt.
    I feel like crying just because of the date. Wow I'm dumb.

Why, what happened?

Time goes by too fast. I just kinda... Feel anxious everytime I realize this.
    It's worse recently. I think it's cause of me going into public school next year. I'm just not ready..

That feeling bis only going to become more present. That's why you need to make sure to do worthwhile things, like your drawing and piano playing. You should start preparing your body for going to public school by waking up, going yo sleep,and eating when you will when you're at school.

[...]

Boy, I just realized how much of a rude awakening Lyric is gonna experience when she goes to public school. XD No more sleeping at 1-2am for you anymore. :tongue: You gotta wake up at 6 and then you gotta survive all the way to 3pm (?). Then you gotta go home and do your homework. Bye bye free time. :D But that was what we people who weren't homeschooled had to face for many many years.

Welcome to hell. C:

But if it makes you feel better, when I was in junior college (which was like high school but like one level higher), I had school from 7.45am all the way to 1pm. And then we have lunch. And from 2pm-6pm, we had supplementary classes. And then we had tons of homework that I couldn't even finish cuz I don't look doing work after 9pm. Well, it wasn't really tons of homework, but they're just super difficult questions. Sometimes it's just for one subject but it would take me like more than 3 hours to finish and usually I don't bother cuz the teachers don't mark them anyway. XD

This just scares me even more... I don't want to have to give up all my hobbies for this one place i shouldn't even be going to because I'll learn nothing I'll need in the real world. And knowing my mental state, this will probably just make my anxiety even worse. It probably will make me want to ACTUALLY DIE more than i do today too..

You're probably gonna learn a lot in school. You probably won't notice it. But you will learn to have to communicate with people or have to deal with them and learn time management which is something you need to know in the real world unless you want to just sit at home all day when you're an adult, but I doubt that cuz then you're not gonna make any money.

I mean.. I get time management...
    But why should i bother learning communication when i have anxiety and no one even likes me anyway?

Just cuz you have anxiety doesn't mean you don't need to communicate. When you go out in the real world, they're not gonna care if you have anxiety or mild autism or whatever. You do your work whether you like it or not. If you don't feel like doing it, you don't come to work. You have to put your anxiety aside for job interviews or meetings. That's the real world. It's even worse than school, let me tell you.

Yup, Dekay is right on the money. And most people manage to keep up with their hobbies while in high school. You could even sign up for art and band for electives.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    Today's Q Q is:

NAAAAAY ALL DA WAY.

I only like spicy Indian food. Not a fan of spicy Mexican or Chinese. I know, I'm weird.

Yo, I almost got knocked down by a taxi while I was crossing the road and I tried to stop it with my hand (weird reflex LOL) as the cab also halted and I scraped my palm. 😭 BUT I'M ALIVE. 🙌 God bless. 😂

Geez! I hope you were like "I'M WALKIN' HERE!" :D But in all seriousness, I'm glad you weren't seriously hurt.

Why, what happened?

It's worse recently. I think it's cause of me going into public school next year. I'm just not ready..

That feeling bis only going to become more present. That's why you need to make sure to do worthwhile things, like your drawing and piano playing. You should start preparing your body for going to public school by waking up, going yo sleep,and eating when you will when you're at school.

[...]

Boy, I just realized how much of a rude awakening Lyric is gonna experience when she goes to public school. XD No more sleeping at 1-2am for you anymore. :tongue: You gotta wake up at 6 and then you gotta survive all the way to 3pm (?). Then you gotta go home and do your homework. Bye bye free time. :D But that was what we people who weren't homeschooled had to face for many many years.

Welcome to hell. C:

But if it makes you feel better, when I was in junior college (which was like high school but like one level higher), I had school from 7.45am all the way to 1pm. And then we have lunch. And from 2pm-6pm, we had supplementary classes. And then we had tons of homework that I couldn't even finish cuz I don't look doing work after 9pm. Well, it wasn't really tons of homework, but they're just super difficult questions. Sometimes it's just for one subject but it would take me like more than 3 hours to finish and usually I don't bother cuz the teachers don't mark them anyway. XD

This just scares me even more... I don't want to have to give up all my hobbies for this one place i shouldn't even be going to because I'll learn nothing I'll need in the real world. And knowing my mental state, this will probably just make my anxiety even worse. It probably will make me want to ACTUALLY DIE more than i do today too..

You're probably gonna learn a lot in school. You probably won't notice it. But you will learn to have to communicate with people or have to deal with them and learn time management which is something you need to know in the real world unless you want to just sit at home all day when you're an adult, but I doubt that cuz then you're not gonna make any money.

But why should i bother learning communication when i have anxiety and no one even likes me anyway?

Just cuz you have anxiety doesn't mean you don't need to communicate. When you go out in the real world, they're not gonna care if you have anxiety or mild autism or whatever. You do your work whether you like it or not. If you don't feel like doing it, you don't come to work. You have to put your anxiety aside for job interviews or meetings. That's the real world. It's even worse than school, let me tell you.

Yup, Dekay is right on the money. And most people manage to keep up with their hobbies while in high school. You could even sign up for art and band for electives.

Oh yeah. That's true. I forgot about extra-co-curricular activities. We had that every Wed and Friday after lunch for like 3 hours. :joy: I was an art director for my Japanese drawing club in junior college. :D And there's always the weekend for you to do your hobbies. I seriously envy all you guys who are homeschooled and are not working. I bet you don't know what a weekend really is since every day is like a weekend for you. 😝 What a wild concept!
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member
    Today's Q Q is:

NAAAAAY ALL DA WAY.

Why, what happened?

[...]

Welcome to hell. C:

Ugh... This is pointless. The real world is obviously something i'm not made to handle. I should just give up...
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!
  • Options
    Today's Q Q is:

NAAAAAY ALL DA WAY.

Why, what happened?

[...]

Welcome to hell. C:

Ugh... This is pointless. The real world is obviously something i'm not made to handle. I should just give up...

You shouldn't give up if you haven't even tried it yet. Maybe it's not as bad as you think.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    naninani Posts: 5,563 Member
    edited November 2018
    Today's Q Q is:

NAAAAAY ALL DA WAY.

Why, what happened?

[...]

Welcome to hell. C:

Because that's how life works
    I have anxiety too but I had to learn to be social even for a short amount of time otherwise you're not taken seriously

(Clearly I still gotta work on that)
    A french girl who's been hanging out on the english sims forum for a year now.

tumblr_nj0devVCY61s3y9slo1_500.gif

• Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    Today's Q Q is:

NAAAAAY ALL DA WAY.

YAY!

If i said nay my family would disown me.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    CharliecheesenurgersCharliecheesenurgers Posts: 3,673 Member
    Today's Q Q is:

NAAAAAY ALL DA WAY.

Nay sire.
    Come Join our mafia games in the off-topic chat! https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/930404/mafia-masterlist#latest
    It's a lot of fun!
  • Options
    citysimmer wrote: »
    Today's Q Q is:

NAAAAAY ALL DA WAY.

YAY!

Why? 😂
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    LyouflnLyoufln Posts: 10,861 Member
    Today's Q Q is:

NAAAAAY ALL DA WAY.

Why, what happened?

[...]

Welcome to hell. C:

Look, I struggled a lot in high school and lots of other people like me have too. You are not alone. School's a great way to meet people. I'm sure there'll be lots of people into Undertale and drawing and writing there too! Schools often have clubs, maybe there'll be a art club you can join! Or maybe even an art class! (I loved art class in high school)!

Besides the point, school can be a good way to keep a routine. Trust me, routines are a godsend (for me, anyway). They can help you feel more in control of your life and having more energy to do the things you need and want to do.

Perhaps you aren't going to use absolutely everything you learn in school in real life. That's okay. School can help you develop problem-solving and critical thinking skills - those transcend subjects.

I struggled a lot with social stuff, but there were still good people out there who were nice to me. Don't be afraid to talk to your teachers, and school guidance counsellor (I think a lot of schools have one of those these days). I owe a lot of my successes in school to my teachers. I've run in to a few of them over the years and I thank them every time.

I know it'll take some time to adjust, but I know you can do it. Don't give up. Ever.
  • Options
    bellagorillabellagorilla Posts: 6,891 Member
    Today's Q Q is:

NAAAAAY ALL DA WAY.

Why, what happened?

[...]

Welcome to hell. C:

Oh yeah. That's true. I forgot about extra-co-curricular activities. We had that every Wed and Friday after lunch for like 3 hours. :joy: I was an art director for my Japanese drawing club in junior college. :D And there's always the weekend for you to do your hobbies. I seriously envy all you guys who are homeschooled and are not working. I bet you don't know what a weekend really is since every day is like a weekend for you. 😝 What a wild concept!

It was pretty nice. :) Definitively the one thing I miss the most is all the free time I had.
    7dW3gu7.gif
    Most likely caught as scum and best theme-Google Translate, 4th annual Scummies win!
  • Options
    ZinniavanillaZinniavanilla Posts: 11,872 Member
    edited November 2018
    To the question off the day.

Yes! I love spicy food. As long as it's made to be spicy, sometimes they put jalapeno in stuff they shouldn't be in. Like popsicles :neutral:
    Today's Q Q is:

NAAAAAY ALL DA WAY.

Why, what happened?

[...]

Welcome to hell. C:

You should feel grateful your parents care enough to make that decisions. Now going to public school is not the only way to receive a good education, of course, but for your parents it might the best way to give you one.

My family however, don't seem to care enough for that. Neither of my parents bothered to teach me anything above 3rd grade math, and I'm obviously suffering because of it now. It's a long game of catch-up and there isn't anyone there to tell me what's next. It's not any better.

Don't just give up, you're gonna struggle, but I'm sure you'll find a lot of good in it too, even if it's not immediately apparent. It's better than stepping into life as an adult completely unprepared, anyway.
    unknown.png
  • Options

Yes! I love spicy food. As long as it's made to be spicy, sometimes they put jalapeno in stuff they shouldn't be in. Like popsicles :neutral:
    Today's Q Q is:

NAAAAAY ALL DA WAY.

Why, what happened?

[...]

Welcome to hell. C:

You should feel grateful your parents care enough to make that decisions. Now going to public school is not the only way to receive a good education, of course, but for your parents it might the best way to give you one.

My family however, don't seem to care enough for that. Neither of my parents bothered to teach me anything above 3rd grade math, and I'm obviously suffering because of it now. It's a long game of catch-up and there isn't anyone there to tell me what's next. It's not any better.

Don't just give up, you're gonna struggle, but I'm sure you'll find a lot of good in it too, even if it's not immediately apparent. It's better than stepping into life as an adult completely unprepared, anyway.

I didn't have anything higher than algebra. So the first advisor that I had (plum woman) complained about my highschool education because I have to spend more time taking classes now to catch up for what my mother failed to teach me. But my current advisor agreed with my mother's decision to teach me more valuable things, like how to do taxes instead.
    7dW3gu7.gif
    Most likely caught as scum and best theme-Google Translate, 4th annual Scummies win!
  • Options
    edited November 2018

Today's Q Q is:

NAAAAAY ALL DA WAY.

Why, what happened?

[...]

Welcome to hell. C:

I didn't have anything higher than algebra. So the first advisor that I had (plum woman) complained about my highschool education because I have to spend more time taking classes now to catch up for what my mother failed to teach me. But my current advisor agreed with my mother's decision to teach me more valuable things, like how to do taxes instead.

I don't think that is their priority, seeing as my littlest brothers can not read. And I do not have things to do outside our house. I've asked for them. I don't think we have money for that though, I only leave the house for groceries.
    unknown.png
  • Options

Today's Q Q is:

NAAAAAY ALL DA WAY.

Why, what happened?

[...]

Welcome to hell. C:

I don't think that is their priority, seeing as my littlest brothers can not read. And I do not have things to do outside our house. I've asked for them. I don't think we have money for that though, I only leave the house for groceries.

I understand. My brother isn't reading yet, but that's mostly because my mom hasn't figured out how to teach him yet, since he's trying to read backwards. I also completely understand not having anything to do outside because of money...my grandmother payed for all my music lessons and my cello.
    7dW3gu7.gif
  • Options
    Thanks, guys... I guess i just don't think I'll ever be prepared for the real world. I mean, when you have various mental illness that can overtake your life sometimes, it just feels impossible.

But I'll shut up now. My issues don't even really matter.
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
  • Options

Today's Q Q is:

NAAAAAY ALL DA WAY.

Why, what happened?

[...]

Welcome to hell. C:

I understand. My brother isn't reading yet, but that's mostly because my mom hasn't figured out how to teach him yet, since he's trying to read backwards. I also completely understand not having anything to do outside because of money...my grandmother payed for all my music lessons and my cello.

That's what I wanted, music lessons :lol: I don't really know my extended family all that well since they live on the other side of the country.
    unknown.png
  • Options
    Gotta love it when the lifting coach calls you out for not grabbing fruit... When it's pineapple. 🙄🙄🙄 I was literally waiting for my strawberries at the allergen station when he called me out, too. 😬😬😬
    7dW3gu7.gif
  • Options
    Thanks, guys... I guess i just don't think I'll ever be prepared for the real world. I mean, when you have various mental illness that can overtake your life sometimes, it just feels impossible.

I can understand that it seems impossible when you're struggling with a lot of stuff, but there are many, many stories of people working with their situations and reaching for the stars. The end result is good, but it's the journey that gets you there and is just as important (if not more).

And yes, your issues matter. We all deal with different things, and some things affect people differently than others. What might be my ocean is your puddle.

I'm no professional, but is there anyone that you could talk to (or call) to talk through your worries with?
  • Options
    Lyoufln wrote: »

I can understand that it seems impossible when you're struggling with a lot of stuff, but there are many, many stories of people working with their situations and reaching for the stars. The end result is good, but it's the journey that gets you there and is just as important (if not more).

And yes, your issues matter. We all deal with different things, and some things affect people differently than others. What might be my ocean is your puddle.

I'm no professional, but is there anyone that you could talk to (or call) to talk through your worries with?

Nope... That's pretty much why i vent on the internet. Because i have no one in real life.
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
  • Options

Nope... That's pretty much why i vent on the internet. Because i have no one in real life.

I don't know a ton about resources in the US, but I do believe Kids Help Phone is a thing. You could call them?

7 Cups is a website I've used. It's free. I recommend checking out the listeners' stats and see if they're good (stars and comments). Some listeners are vetted to listen to youth.

Those are the two I've heard of. I'm sure a couple quick searches on google could link you to some more regional/local helplines and websites, if that's what you would like.
  • Options

I don't know a ton about resources in the US, but I do believe Kids Help Phone is a thing. You could call them?

7 Cups is a website I've used. It's free. I recommend checking out the listeners' stats and see if they're good (stars and comments). Some listeners are vetted to listen to youth.

Those are the two I've heard of. I'm sure a couple quick searches on google could link you to some more regional/local helplines and websites, if that's what you would like.

I'll consider that..
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
  • Options
    memequeenpart2memequeenpart2 Posts: 466 Member
    Today's Q Q is:

NAAAAAY ALL DA WAY.

Y A Y lol spicy food is delicious
  • Options
    Today's Q Q is:

NAAAAAY ALL DA WAY.

Y A Y lol spicy food is delicious

How does your tongue survive? XD
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    Today's Q Q is:

NAAAAAY ALL DA WAY.

YAY!

Why? 😂

Because I come from an African family and all our food is spicy. If I said anything was too spicy growing up my mom was just like "lol deal with it"
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    Today's Q Q is:

NAAAAAY ALL DA WAY.

YAY!

Why? 😂

Because I come from an African family and all our food is spicy. If I said anything was too spicy growing up my mom was just like "lol deal with it"

I see. Haha. I am like a quarter Indian but I can't stand Indian food. 😬😬 Thank goodness I don't have to be disowned.
    x3vZicL.gif

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top