Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is the next game pack about restaurants? New tweet suggests so!

Comments

• Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    The cycle continues.
    .....Drake comes in and this plays
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtmI--F8Zmo
    Now we're back to guessing its next week.....
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options
    JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    edited February 2016
    I think I'll skip the hype train for next week.
    My heart can't take anymore.

I specifically asked @SimGuruDrake to shut the hype train down last week if it wasn't coming this week, and totally ignored. That's the worst part.

giphy.gif
  • Options
    Krisha880Krisha880 Posts: 1,553 Member
    I'm spoiled. I feel like I must have new content every month now and I feel SP 7 won't disappoint.
    I'm right there with you Cat! I feel like the regular communication and flow of information during TS2 and TS3 + the Store made us spoiled! Honestly, I don't mind having to wait, but it would help if they just gave us some snippets of information! Pretty please!

• Options
    ThetfordThetford Posts: 429 Member
    It may be weird, but I sort of prefer this hush hush method, in previous games, they have kept the same rigid release cycle since about TS1/2 despite the increase of time it takes to develop something. For previous instalments, it did occasionally feel like they just chose chose a date, and released whether they were ready or not. At least with this flexible method, they can release when ready, and since it so far in development once announced, can confidently answer questions about content.
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    I realllyyy want a proper fast food outlet in my game!
    Kind of like Hogan's Deep Fried Diner? :p I really do miss the Diner, and the food truck from Sims 3. I think that it was Cathy had this happen to. I Cathy out and about around Bridgeport in Sims 3. She was at that large city park that was behind city hall when I had decided that she should eat food from the food truck. She did, and she got really uncomfortable with an upset stomach from eating really greasy tacos. I think that Cathy ran into a near by restroom, and vomited in the toilet after that. :D

• Options
    BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    Here's an idea, why doesn't everyone just go and play and enjoy the games they already have? :)
    apple-signature.png
  • Options
    Amy327Amy327 Posts: 67 Member
    Wait so there will be no announcement this week?
    I just woke up
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    sunman502 wrote: »
    Kind of like Hogan's Deep Fried Diner? :p I really do miss the Diner, and the food truck from Sims 3. I think that it was Cathy had this happen to. I Cathy out and about around Bridgeport in Sims 3. She was at that large city park that was behind city hall when I had decided that she should eat food from the food truck. She did, and she got really uncomfortable with an upset stomach from eating really greasy tacos. I think that Cathy ran into a near by restroom, and vomited in the toilet after that. :D
    Yes! My simlings used to enjoy the "odd" snack on the way to school or work. Loved it a bit to much though... :joy:
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    sunman502 wrote: »
    Yes! My simlings used to enjoy the "odd" snack on the way to school or work. Loved it a bit to much though... :joy:
    I remember that there was a Hogan's on campus in Uni. And I keep getting these vague images in my head that something happen at that Hogan's Diner in Uni. But I can't remember what though. But I do remember that Diner because it looked more like a car hop rather than the usual Pullman car style Hogan's Diner. :)

• Options
    Literally one of my requests is that hogans returns as well as the restaurants and if we get university that would be a bonus! :D
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    Literally one of my requests is that hogans returns as well as the restaurants and if we get university that would be a bonus! :D
    Since I want Hogan's return too, I'll second that request. ;)

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,408 Member
    Amy327 wrote: »
    I just woke up

Correct unfortunately. Their killing me with this wait.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    I just woke up

Correct unfortunately. Their killing me with this wait.
    They're driving a lot of us crazy by making us wait for the official announcement. I know that this going to sound corny, and I don't how either. But I feel as if this whole community is about to explode if we don't hear something on GP #3 and real soon.

• Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    KatyJay88 wrote: »

I specifically asked @SimGuruDrake to shut the hype train down last week if it wasn't coming this week, and totally ignored. That's the worst part.

giphy.gif

Agreed. If they are going to start telling us when somethings not coming, they should have not been playing this week by week game.

I just wish they could at least tell us what is. I hate waiting and i want something to talk about. Tired of pointless speculation.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    edited February 2016
    KatyJay88 wrote: »

giphy.gif

Agreed. If they are going to start telling us when somethings not coming, they should have not been playing this week by week game.

I just wish they could at least tell us what is. I hate waiting and i want something to talk about. Tired of pointless speculation.

Me too. Our last GP was in July! That's insanity.

Well as long as they're getting it right.
  • Options
    This build up to this announcement better be good I tell you that!...
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    Amy327Amy327 Posts: 67 Member
    I had the worst dream last night that the next game pack was supernatural, not awesome supernatural though, it more like a twilight movie. It was horrible. Soz but I'd really hate that haha.
  • Options
    I had the worst dream last night that the next game pack was supernatural, not awesome supernatural though, it more like a twilight movie. It was horrible. Soz but I'd really hate that haha.

Please no :weary:
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,408 Member
    I hope next week we don't get a no answer atleast until Tuesday. I atleast want hope on Monday we may get something on Tuesday.

Boy I miss the info drops from TS3 Store. SimGuru Alan Copeland atleast gave us hints. We don't even get those now.

We'd get a vague picture with a hint.
  • Options
    ricachicaricachica Posts: 43 Member
    I have really missed it! I used to love building my own restaurants and sending my sims off on dates there. Hope there will be implemented loads of fun game play:)
  • Options
    I hope next week we don't get a no answer atleast until Tuesday. I atleast want hope on Monday we may get something on Tuesday.

Boy I miss the info drops from TS3 Store. SimGuru Alan Copeland atleast gave us hints. We don't even get those now.

I miss those as well CLP, and wish that they would do the same to Sims 4 Packs as well.

• Options
    EthanSimsEthanSims Posts: 27 New Member
    Both Spa Day and Outdoor Retreat were announced on the first Tuesday of their respected month, so maybe tomorrow? (please correct me if I'm wrong :) )
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    @marcel21 wrote: »
    fullspiral wrote: »
    I don't know if a GP would do restaurants justice. Spa day was nice, but we still couldn't own one, or become a yoga instructor or any of those types of things. And the equipment was the same across the board.

I want to be able to have diverse restaurants from 5 star elegance with a piano bar, to a sports bar and grill, to a family diner. I want to be able to own it, and run it, and be able to select the staff (entertainment, mixologist, chef) etc.

And I want to be able to see the owner sim when I send different sims there. And I still have hope that they will fix that for the retail shops.

They messed up with spa day not having a career in it the same way with bakery's and now cafes :'(
    We could of had quite a few new active careers with them.

They could still do a few places to eat with the different styles but with the key items and gameplay needed like

Host
    Server
    Chef
    cleaner
    I just worry they will completely mess up again by not being able to work in them or own and running them. As they could of done this with cafes and yoga .entertainment or mixologist

An EP might bring in the option to own a community lot in the future, but a Spa Active career sounds like it would be quite boring really fast. Same way having a Cafe active career would be boring rather than just owning it.
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,866 Member
    EthanSims wrote: »
    Both Spa Day and Outdoor Retreat were announced on the first Tuesday of their respected month, so maybe tomorrow? (please correct me if I'm wrong :) )

Already confirmed no announcement this week, a couple of pages back. Best we can hope for is next week.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    PlayPlay Posts: 704 Member

Going even further back, there used to be so much information thrown our way back in TS1/TS2 days. Used to have so many tabs (or windows) open just filled with articles, screenshots etc... Each fansite had a different exclusive that they'd got their hands on, it was amazing.

Now you go on a fansite and the only thing they've reported in the last week is an official blog on how to build something with tools that we've had for a year.

It is very sad to see... I thought maybe the pace on announcements and build up was off to a slow start just due to the nature of the TS4 release... but nothing seems to have changed and it's a bit disappointing. Maybe we're just used to being fed so much in the past, greed has taken over.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top