Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MOD REQUEST THREAD

Comments

• Options
    MinaiMinai Posts: 706 Member
    edited February 2020
    Also a debate event sims can host and win prizes!
    Edit:
    Also a speech event. Where sims can use the podium to give a speech.
  • Options
    LexLennonLexLennon Posts: 134 Member
    How can I make it so that Sim A has a crush on, or is in love with, Sim B, while Sim B doesn't reciprocate? Ideally, Sim B has no attraction flags of any kind towards Sim A. This would also obviously need to be reversible.

I looked around, but couldn't find any current (that is, not dead) links for sims 4, and if it can be done in-game, I don't know how to make it so on my own.

Can anyone make sims relationships be one-sided either through some trickery of MCCC or do you know of a MOD or have any willingness to make a mode for this? :smiley:
  • Options
    MinaiMinai Posts: 706 Member
    LexLennon wrote: »
    How can I make it so that Sim A has a crush on, or is in love with, Sim B, while Sim B doesn't reciprocate? Ideally, Sim B has no attraction flags of any kind towards Sim A. This would also obviously need to be reversible.

I looked around, but couldn't find any current (that is, not dead) links for sims 4, and if it can be done in-game, I don't know how to make it so on my own.

Can anyone make sims relationships be one-sided either through some trickery of MCCC or do you know of a MOD or have any willingness to make a mode for this? :smiley:

I second this!
  • Options
    AsheEllwoodAsheEllwood Posts: 31 Member
    Are there any cooking overhaul mods that don't include custom ingredients? I just want more recipes to use related in-game ingredients - veggie versions of meals need a vegetable, chamomile tea requires the chamomile flower, etc. I don't need butter or eggs or beef or anything like that, as I can assume that's what I'm paying for in the remaining cost of the meal I still need to shell out for.

Also, I've noticed there are slower fame decay mods, but I would like slower/less fame GAIN mods. I feel like my average joe sims are getting famous way too fast for what I consider to be ordinary things, like just practicing guitar at home in front of nobody.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,924 Member
    Are there any cooking overhaul mods that don't include custom ingredients? I just want more recipes to use related in-game ingredients - veggie versions of meals need a vegetable, chamomile tea requires the chamomile flower, etc. I don't need butter or eggs or beef or anything like that, as I can assume that's what I'm paying for in the remaining cost of the meal I still need to shell out for.

I use this one, originally by Plasticbox, redone and updated by @83bienchen , here : https://deichschafblog.de/bienchen/rund-um-mahlzeiten-food-related/ (scroll down a bit) , it has 2 versions, I use the one what makes ingredients a requirement for cooking, the other one has ingredients as optional. I am pretty sure it only uses in-game ingredients :)

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    poopypoopypiefacepoopypoopypieface Posts: 41 New Member
    Hello everyone! I was just wondering if there is a mod so that my sims only wear their default outfits? I have MC Command Center, so I can control their situational outfits.. But is there a mod where I can also control their formal/swimwear/Party... etc.

I know it's strange, but it kinda works in the aesthetic of my world. Kinda like how in old games the characters would always be in their 1 outfit, even if they jump in water.

Thanks in advance for your time! ^__^
  • Options
    Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    Hello everyone! I was just wondering if there is a mod so that my sims only wear their default outfits? I have MC Command Center, so I can control their situational outfits.. But is there a mod where I can also control their formal/swimwear/Party... etc.

I know it's strange, but it kinda works in the aesthetic of my world. Kinda like how in old games the characters would always be in their 1 outfit, even if they jump in water.

Thanks in advance for your time! ^__^

You can remove the filters and put them in anything you like.
  • Options
    > @Bananas_45 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > You can remove the filters and put them in anything you like.

Remove the filters? Oh god.. I feel like such an idiot now.. But I'm still a bit lost.. What do you mean? I can remove all the categories except their default every day outfit? Is this something I can find in MCCC?
  • Options
    (I didn't sweat.. At least I didn't think I did. The censorship made it sound like I said something really bad.. But I just called myself.. not the brightest) :)
  • Options
    **Swear (I'm really sorry! Not being able to edit is really a nightmare)
  • Options
    (I just realised what you think I asked. I just googled. I already know I can remove the filters and have them wear whatever they want. But is there a way I can just make all my sims wear their default outfits without having to individually change each one?.. Kind of like how MCCC lets you choose what outfit to wear for each situation. I have hundreds of sims, and going in and picking out each individual outfit is a huge nightmare, especially when I don't use/need them. I just want all my sims/townies to stay in their default every day outfits)
  • Options
    Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    (I just realised what you think I asked. I just googled. I already know I can remove the filters and have them wear whatever they want. But is there a way I can just make all my sims wear their default outfits without having to individually change each one?.. Kind of like how MCCC lets you choose what outfit to wear for each situation. I have hundreds of sims, and going in and picking out each individual outfit is a huge nightmare, especially when I don't use/need them. I just want all my sims/townies to stay in their default every day outfits)

Sorry, i didn't realize you meant for all of your townies.

I found a couple of mods you could look at:
    https://scumbumbomods.com/#/outfit-tools-copy-any-outfit/
    http://modthesims.info/d/634913/copy-everyday-outfit.html

You should ask about MCCC in their help thread or on their discord:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/913483/mc-command-center-local-help-chat-thread#latest
    https://discordapp.com/invite/AUJ8RAa
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    edited February 2020

I use this one, originally by Plasticbox, redone and updated by @83bienchen , here : https://deichschafblog.de/bienchen/rund-um-mahlzeiten-food-related/ (scroll down a bit) , it has 2 versions, I use the one what makes ingredients a requirement for cooking, the other one has ingredients as optional. I am pretty sure it only uses in-game ingredients :)

That's correct. I actually updated plasticbox's mod because I didn't want to have custom ingredients myself.
    It doesn't alter the chamomile tea though, I don't think it's even possible to make tea use ingredients with a non-script mod. Actually I wasn't even aware that there is chamomille tea in game. Never saw it in game and from what I have seen in the game code, it is a recipe exclusive to be bought at Market Stalls - in that case, it wouldn't make any sense to add an ingredient requirement.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    Lilyxox7Lilyxox7 Posts: 5 New Member
    > @luthienrising said:
    > I do have another one! I'd like to be able to stop autonomous donations to charity.

i want an open world mod
  • Options
    Lilyxox7Lilyxox7 Posts: 5 New Member
    > @Bleubell said:
    > Hey all, this thread is for requesting mod-makers to create a mod you might want or need for your gameplay. If the mod already exists, I will quote your request and link the mod. This is also a place to discuss mods! Get commenting, I want this thread to be a popular hub for mod-seekers and makers o:)

i want an open word mod
  • Options
    ImSandsImSands Posts: 332 Member
    Anyone know of a mod that adds more custom club activities for Mermaids and Spellcasters? Similar to what icemunmun and Rex have previously done for some of the older packs?
  • Options
    > @83bienchen said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > That's correct. I actually updated plasticbox's mod because I didn't want to have custom ingredients myself.
    > It doesn't alter the chamomile tea though, I don't think it's even possible to make tea use ingredients with a non-script mod. Actually I wasn't even aware that there is chamomille tea in game. Never saw it in game and from what I have seen in the game code, it is a recipe exclusive to be bought at Market Stalls - in that case, it wouldn't make any sense to add an ingredient requirement.

One of the mods that uses custom ingredients has a feature where you have to buy tea in their grocery menu to make tea on the Tea Magic Personal Brewer (and coffee for the coffee makers too, IIRC), so I suppose it's possible. I don't know if those are script mods though, I didn't delve into them much.

One of the recipes on the teapot is "Calming Chamomile", and I thought it would be neat to make it use the chamomile flower from Outdoor Retreat. All the tea recipes change emotions...I guess if one wanted to get creative, the could use the emotion berries from Jungle Adventure as ingredients? I've just been grousing to myself over how the gardening ingredients could get more mileage out of them, especially from some of the game packs that I personally tend to neglect.

BTW, I did download yours and am enjoying it so far. :)
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    If you are talking about Srsly's Complete Cooking Overhaul, that i s a script mod. I don't know of a non-script mod that can do such things.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    A handful of other mod possibilities I'd like to see:

- only Sims who actually own bikes show up on walkbys (ridebys?)
    - brooms turned into proper vehicles (perhaps piggybacking on bicycle mechanics?), also w/ walkbys for owners
    - mods to either enable phone service on Sixam, or to disable it in Magic Realm & Sylvan Glade. Also to enable phone use on off-grid lots, because IRL there is such a thing as a data plan.
    - a mod that allows one of an unplayed/inactive spellcaster's bound familiars to follow them around in the Magic Realm
    - something that allows you to set worker uniforms on any venue (namely bars and nightclubs), like with Dine Out/Get To Work
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    I would like to find a cc typewriter or notepad that works with the off the grid lot trait. Just the writing options enabled, none of the other computer things. It's so silly that my off the grid sim can't write for a living.
  • Options
    > @CelSims said:
    > I would like to find a cc typewriter or notepad that works with the off the grid lot trait. Just the writing options enabled, none of the other computer things. It's so silly that my off the grid sim can't write for a living.

There is "Vintage Typewriter" by Esmeralda and "Writer's Lore Typewriter" by SrslySims, but I think they are both out of date. I used to use the latter but it started displaying more computer functions and I can't tell if it's been updated since I pulled it out of my game. I would also enjoy it if either one could be updated/revived for off grid use.
  • Options
    PhoenixKing1999PhoenixKing1999 Posts: 5 New Member
    Ah! Thank you so much for this thread! Alright, I have one for you. Just so you know, we had this mod before, it was an UI mode however it is not working anymore and it is not updated. I love clubs, I really do, they help me a lot on literally everything. So this is my request; more clubs per sim! As you know, we can only join 3 clubs because I have no idea why (it is probably related to something on gameplay). I want t be able to join more clubs! Is it possible? Let us know!

And again, thank you for this thread!
  • Options
    ScarletQueenKatScarletQueenKat Posts: 792 Member
    Ah! Thank you so much for this thread! Alright, I have one for you. Just so you know, we had this mod before, it was an UI mode however it is not working anymore and it is not updated. I love clubs, I really do, they help me a lot on literally everything. So this is my request; more clubs per sim! As you know, we can only join 3 clubs because I have no idea why (it is probably related to something on gameplay). I want t be able to join more clubs! Is it possible? Let us know!

And again, thank you for this thread!

@PhoenixKing1999, it's possible and it already exists here.
    🌹 Scarlet's Mod List - Includes ALL mods, links to their latest versions, last updated dates, sorting options, and more!
  • Options
    PhoenixKing1999PhoenixKing1999 Posts: 5 New Member
    > @ScarletQueenKat said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > @PhoenixKing1999, it's possible and it already exists here.

Actually that mode is not working for me anymore. I also talked with other people who was using and confirmed that it is not working. Am I wrong? Or should I try again?
  • Options
    ScarletQueenKatScarletQueenKat Posts: 792 Member
    > @ScarletQueenKat said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > @PhoenixKing1999, it's possible and it already exists here.

Actually that mode is not working for me anymore. I also talked with other people who was using and confirmed that it is not working. Am I wrong? Or should I try again?

She updated it for the last main patch, so it should be working. Did you have the latest version?
    🌹 Scarlet's Mod List - Includes ALL mods, links to their latest versions, last updated dates, sorting options, and more!