Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MOD REQUEST THREAD

Comments

• maggidestomaggidesto Posts: 240 Member
    Do you know if anyone has yet made a mod so that things can actually be placed on the shelf of All included lamp with storage from Tiny Living?
  • Ktos67Ktos67 Posts: 4 New Member
    I would like to know if there is any mod which makes everything more expensive? It's too easy... Not realistic at all.
    I know about higher taxes/payments mod (I already pay 10.000+), what I want is more expensive stuff. Everything is so cheap (shame it's not like that in rl) for example fish tanks.

Sims 1 – 3,999 – 4,999
    Sims 2 – 3,000, – 18,000 (loved it!)
    Sims 3 – 2,500
    Sims 4 – 295 – 895 (what is this?)

Is there anything? If not, I'm making a request for it :) Can someone please make such modification? Thanks!
    (If not, maybe mod which would make smaller earnings? Now I've got big house with everything (seriously), no cheats, one sim works as buisnessman, another one writes books etc. and I've got already 7 digit number...). Wasn't playing long at all.

Once again, thank you in advance! Please help :)
  • MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
    edited January 2020
    @Ktos67 Doing every single object and changing the price is a huuuge task. You're better off with salary adjustment mods like this one: https://www.patreon.com/posts/career-salary-50-31600242
    Not sure if MCCC has the option too.

Also, if you haven't looked at SNB and SNB-Bills, you should take a look as they add in more billing options. I wasn't sure if that was what you meant since MCCC adjusts bills too.
    Unfortunately it is not what I meant... I know there are mods which make bills realistic, bigger, both etc. I don't see any issue with those, I pay more the more I have. It's not neccesserly realistic, but it's challenging so I take that with pleasure.
    But it is not challenging when everything is so cheap. I just can't look at some big objects (which are bigger than mine whole building) and cost 2000. How? :D This amount of air or water is more expensive everywhere!

Now when I think about it - you may be right - it may be a big task. I don't know anyting about programming etc. (unfortunately, if I would I would surely tried it, I'm desperate :D )

You can't even ,,just" adjust the price for all like ,,make everything 100% more expensive" - because then a kitchen counter would be a little bit much (the cheapest I believe now is 150, then it would be 300) but the fish tank still would be ridicolous - not even 600...

It's not even that I'm the first to ask! I saw many folks asking this exact same question on the internet - the game is too easy this way.
    I dont get why EA/Maxis did this? If someone wanted ,,easy mode" they played with cheats, those who didn't - didn't use them.
    Everyone was happy. Now? What do someone need cheats for?

Now when I think about it - they should make multiple difficulty modes!

Thanks for everything, if someone else knows something more/else please tell me :)

Thank you in advance, once again :)

(For any mistakes in grammar sorry, in advance too)
    PS. What about SimPE? I found it out now - they say it can ,,change objects data and functions"? Is it only for those which you download?
    (I hope it's not considered as ,,bumping" :neutral: :/ )
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    edited January 2020
    It's not only that you would have to modify every single object, but also that every modified object would have to be flagged as CC due to the necessary changes. The prize of an object can be changed relatively easy by creating an override of that object using Sims4Studio (SimPE is only for Sims 2, not for Sims 4). You would then have to delete everything except the object definition (which contains the Simoleon Price) in order to keep the file size to a minimum.

I agree with you though that the game is too easy. I use a higher bills mod myself to fight against this as well as - and that one might be of some interest for you - a mod that keeps earnings a bit smaller by getting rid of the extra money paid with each promotion.
    https://deichschafblog.de/bienchen/sonstige-mods-misc-mods/ (noextramoneyonpromotion, you can use the search bar in the top right corner to easily find it)

I also like to have my Sims start out in debt with the askforloan mod:
    https://deichschafblog.de/bienchen/an-die-uni-discover-university/

To be quite frank, even with these mods, I often increase the challenge by donating 50.000 to charity every week (using the moredonate mod from the fist link). Making money is ridiculously easy in this game.

Post edited by 83bienchen on
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
    Thank you both very much!
    I guess I will have to challenge myself then, as I was doing already, that is - only one sim is working, I make then quit the job when they're on the top, do something different, they eat most expensive stuff etc, donate (as you said) to keep money down.
    It's just so frustrating they did this game so easy... Even when you don't know how to play, you can still be wealthy.
    edited January 2020
    You're not the first person to ask for multiple difficulty modes. I'd gladly appreciate it if they were added. One can dream ...
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • EIisabettaEIisabetta Posts: 5,708 Member
    I can't remember if I've asked for this already or not and my time is super short today so, if this is a repeat, I apologize. Is there a mod that keeps all your uni roommates from being put on academic probation at the end of a term? It's really annoying and kind of idiotic.
    moxiegraphix on Origin
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    edited February 2020
    EIisabetta wrote: »
    I can't remember if I've asked for this already or not and my time is super short today so, if this is a repeat, I apologize. Is there a mod that keeps all your uni roommates from being put on academic probation at the end of a term? It's really annoying and kind of plum.

You could try this cheat: careers.promote careers_Adult_Education
    Bananas_45 wrote: »
    I can't remember if I've asked for this already or not and my time is super short today so, if this is a repeat, I apologize. Is there a mod that keeps all your uni roommates from being put on academic probation at the end of a term? It's really annoying and kind of plum.

I can use that on NPCs?
    moxiegraphix on Origin

I can use that on NPCs?

Aren't your roommates part of your household? Mine are. Also, you could use household management to momentarily make them playable, boost them, the put them back into unplayed.

I can use that on NPCs?

Aren't your roommates part of your household? Mine are. Also, you could use household management to momentarily make them playable, boost them, the put them back into unplayed.

They aren't. Almost everybody in the dorm gets put on academic probation as soon as the term ends, it's ridiculous. Even the sims that I saw attending classes. I'm hoping someone will mod it so that doesn't happen because it doesn't make much sense.
    moxiegraphix on Origin

I can use that on NPCs?

They aren't. Almost everybody in the dorm gets put on academic probation as soon as the term ends, it's ridiculous. Even the sims that I saw attending classes. I'm hoping someone will mod it so that doesn't happen because it doesn't make much sense.

Wow! That is crazy. I only just started playing DU and haven't made it that far.
  • llamasflullamasflu Posts: 221 Member
    Is anyone aware of a mod or can make one that stops random sims from scolding pets for no apparent reason? The pet will be standing there, doing nothing, and random townies stop by just to yell at your pet. It's ... strange and really annoying.

@83bienchen has a mod on her site that stops this :)https://deichschafblog.de/bienchen/hunde-katzen-cats-dogs/
    tumblr_nvyznq2a181tiiy96o2_400.gifv
  • ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    edited February 2020
    Two requests!

First, has anyone been able to duplicate CAS traits (ie. Genius, Loves Outdoors, Cheerful, stuff like that) and have them as buyable reward traits? I know there are custom reward traits for various mods, but I haven't seen any that duplicate the CAS ones, and just having three CAS traits can be... very limiting. I'd love to find a way to add these in via rewards!

Second, does anyone know of an override to change the unconscious/passed out animation? The 'collapsed with backside in the air' look is really... odd-looking.
  • MinaiMinai Posts: 706 Member
    Anything to ward off alien abductions?
  • FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    If you use MCCC, there's a setting in there where you can adjust alien abductions, including disabling them altogether. If there's an individual mod out there that does it, I'm not sure, but I use MCCC to turn the abductions off.
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    Yes, please! If anyone knows where I can get a hat like this:

https://banggood.app.link/dGyXMBP6U3

and some handstitched leather casual shoes like these:

Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    edited February 2020
    And this is my absolute favorite jacket: the L.L. Bean Flying Tiger bomber jacket, made of goatskin, super durable and comfortable and stands the test of time. I would love if it certain of my Sims could wear it also.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
    Finvola wrote: »
    If you use MCCC, there's a setting in there where you can adjust alien abductions, including disabling them altogether. If there's an individual mod out there that does it, I'm not sure, but I use MCCC to turn the abductions off.

There's also an individual mod that does it here: https://deichschafblog.de/bienchen/an-die-arbeit-get-to-work/
    Finvola wrote: »

Mccc slows down my game but with some adjustments I made it work.
    Thanks!
  • llamasflullamasflu Posts: 221 Member
    Yes, please! If anyone knows where I can get a hat like this:

https://banggood.app.link/dGyXMBP6U3

and some handstitched leather casual shoes like these:

i haven't found anything so far but i'll keep looking simply because i like you :D no but fr when i tried to look up "sims 4 cowhide leather hat cc" i got a bunch of results for cowboy hats, yikes
    tumblr_nvyznq2a181tiiy96o2_400.gifv
  • kimkat23kimkat23 Posts: 1 New Member
    I've been looking for a while now but can't seem to find a mod that accomplishes this. I was wondering if there's a mod out there yet for Discover University that essentially "unlocks" degrees for both universities (as well as the elective classes - as the ones available depend on which school you attend, or at least from what I've observed so far). I know there's one floating around out there for distinguished degrees, but I specifically was interested in just the regular degrees (or both would obviously work).
    edited February 2020
    Are there mods that can include university features in the high school education system.

I was so excited for my sims to study and do presentations.
    Is it possible to include that in high school?

I honestly wish EA would have put a new education system along with university.