Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Redo Adventure Worlds ONCE. Copy NHD file.

cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
I discovered something new and thought I'd share it with you.

Are you tired of redoing vacation worlds everytime you are playing a new game?
You probably already know you can make changes to lots and save them to the bin, but did you know...

If you enter edit town mode in any world and then click on the icon for for any of the vacation worlds (or uni), you can edit the all the lots you want and return to your game and save it. (I copy them to the bin as I finish each lot so I don't lose anything in case of a computer mishap.)

After you have quit your game, you can open the saves folder in your documents>EA>Sims 3 folder and find your last save. Open that folder and copy the NHD file to paste into any other save you want.

You'll want to edit before playing the vacation world or uni, so that the inactive Sims remain uncorrupt.

It's that easy. No more spending all day setting up the world just the way you like it and then having to save all the lots to the bin only to have to place them all over again in a new save. Some lots don't work after bulldozing the lot and replacing, BUT they do work if you just tweak things on the lot itself. So... copying and pasting one NHD file from one save to another is a very easy fix. You can copy all your vacation and NHD files (4 in all if you make-over each place) to any new save anytime before traveling there.

I hope you are as excited about this as I am. Maybe you don't make many changes, but it's nice to make some minor changes before playing especially with trouble lots like the two * Springs in SimShangla, which have routing problems unless you use enablelotlocking to make the No Visitors Allowed.

Anyway, it's nice to learn something new, right?

No mods needed.

Have a fantastic day.